pedrooliveira

Carpe Diem (draft thread)

Everybody.  :P

I'll check your meesgae and update the OP soon.

Hold on pedro, i might change my round 4 picks

*edit* nevermind, i'll stick with those guys, and i'm disappointed i lost maksimovic as well. But it's bound to happen.

will send my round 5 soon. 

watching the champions league? :)

Not sure yet.

I'll probably have Chelsea-PSG on, while I'm eating dinner.

Much better than watching the lamps (yeah, I love that obnoxious lot :P) against Zenit.

But I'll be paying close attention to the draft ofc.  :D

EDIT: oh, right, Zenit's CL home games are always early.

Well, on the bright side, them bloody lamps got Portugal more points for the UEFA country ranking.

At least they're good for sth.  B)

and I need PSG to beat Chelsea so the Prem loses some more points!

Too bad that Italy won't catch them this season since they aren't having an amazing European campaign either.

Would've loved to see England lose a Champs League place to rub it in the face of all those Prem lovers.

Also... Interesting picks by yourself so far Pedro 

made a slight change for my round 4 picks btw, i messaged you.

Not sure yet.

I'll probably have Chelsea-PSG on, while I'm eating dinner.

Much better than watching the lamps (yeah, I love that obnoxious lot :P) against Zenit.

But I'll be paying close attention to the draft ofc.  :D

EDIT: oh, right, Zenit's CL home games are always early.

Well, on the bright side, them bloody lamps got Portugal more points for the UEFA country ranking.

At least they're good for sth.  B)

BENFICAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

BENFICAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Didn't know you were a Benfica fan.

You're officially forbidden from drafting players till you change clubs.  :P

Don't change to Vitória de Scumarães tho, that'll just make it worse.  :D

I really don't have anything against Benfica, the club itself.

It's just that most of the fans are morons, who always blame refs for their bad results, even tho they're one of the clubs that refs favour the most in Portugal.

Good to see some cool people, like you, being Benfica fans tho.  :)

and I need PSG to beat Chelsea so the Prem loses some more points!

Too bad that Italy won't catch them this season since they aren't having an amazing European campaign either.

Would've loved to see England lose a Champs League place to rub it in the face of all those Prem lovers.

Also... Interesting picks by yourself so far Pedro 

made a slight change for my round 4 picks btw, i messaged you.

Cheers, loads of scouting and a bit of luck that people went for different players.  :)

But being last sucks, coz I missed out on plenty of major targets, especially goalies.

I'm gonna write an angry letter to random.org, I reckon.  :D

Anyway, the OP is being updated.

I think we'll be starting round 5 shortly, as I got lists from everybody except for Paul.

A few of you need to send me some more players, just in case.  ;)

Goal for PSG :D

I bet Kevin Trapp was the goalscorer.  B)

Cheers, loads of scouting and a bit of luck that people went for different players.  :)

But being last sucks, coz I missed out on plenty of major targets, especially goalies.

I'm gonna write an angry letter to random.org, I reckon.  :D

Anyway, the OP is being updated.

I think we'll be starting round 5 shortly, as I got lists from everybody except for Paul.

A few of you need to send me some more players, just in case.  ;)

I bet Kevin Trapp was the goalscorer.  B)

I didnt send you a 5 but i will right now

I bet Trapp's goal was an overhead kick too.  :D

Anyway, Rahul didn't send me a list for round 4 yet, so we'll have to wait till he logs back in.

But this is going quite smoothly now.

Trapp's goal was an overhead kick from his own box!

sent my round 5 anyway, although i have a feeling rahul will steal the person top of my 1st list lol.

*crosses fingers*

and Costa scored a nice goal to make it 1-1.

Chelsea has kenedy at LB, against Zlatan.... that's asking for trouble. 

Trapp's goal was an overhead kick from his own box!

sent my round 5 anyway, although i have a feeling rahul will steal the person top of my 1st list lol.

*crosses fingers*

and Costa scored a nice goal to make it 1-1.

Chelsea has kenedy at LB, against Zlatan.... that's asking for trouble. 

:D

Cheers for the list, mate!

To be fair, it's almost impossible for any player to stop Zlatan.

EDIT: gonna haver dinner now, guys.

I'll be back in an hour, tops.

Didn't know you were a Benfica fan.

You're officially forbidden from drafting players till you change clubs.  :P

Don't change to Vitória de Scumarães tho, that'll just make it worse.  :D

I really don't have anything against Benfica, the club itself.

It's just that most of the fans are morons, who always blame refs for their bad results, even tho they're one of the clubs that refs favour the most in Portugal.

Good to see some cool people, like you, being Benfica fans tho.  :)

when it comes to refs i tend to stay out of the conversation, i do believe we are the best team in portugal, but its nice to see sporting back in the mix, bloody hate porto tho

when it comes to refs i tend to stay out of the conversation, i do believe we are the best team in portugal, but its nice to see sporting back in the mix, bloody hate porto tho

Fair enough!

It's sorta understandable that the biggest clubs are favoured by refs.

Especially in countries where the sports media are controlled by such clubs, which is the case in Portugal.

And since Portuguese refs are cowards, they tend to protect themselves by favouring the most popular clubs.

That's why Portugal always has the same set of champions.

Boavista were champions coz their chairman was corrupt and tremendously influential.

Belenenses were champions in dictatorship times, where clubs from Lisbon were massively favoured.

You can't have "a Leicester" here in Portugal.

Every time a small club starts bothering the big 3, they're immediately pushed down.

It happened to my Braga twice this decade.

Not saying we'd be champions, but at least I would have liked a fair contest.

Obviously, at the end of the day, Porto, Benfica and Sporting are the best Portuguese teams.

The disparity in resources is too blatant.

Which is partly because of the uneven TV coverage revenue distribution.

In Germany, for instance, that revenue is pretty evenly distributed and that's why, over the last 10 years, they've had a bunch of different teams qualifying for the CL: Bayern, Dortmund, Schalke, Leverkusen, Wolfsburg, Monchengladbach, Sttutgart and Bremen.

Naturally Bayern dominates the Bundesliga, as they often buy the competition's best players.

In Portugal, Braga made the CL twice in the last decade, but it was nothing short of a miracle, basically due to great managing and scouting.

And I'm even ignoring the international feats against ridiculously richer sides like Arsenal (we beat them 2-0 at home, but lost 6-0 away  :P), Sevilla and Liverpool.

Benfica is actually surprising me this season.

I believe Porto and Sporting have better squads.

But Porto needs a top coach, like Benfica and Sporting have atm.

Imo Benfica's defence is pretty average.

The wingers are good, but inconsistent.

Gaitán's performances are irregular and Salvio is pretty good, but always injured.

But then you have Jonas, who's a beast.

And a gem in Renato Sanches.

Now it looks like Benfica are the main contenders for the title, since Porto and Sporting still have to face each other.

EDIT: that's why I can't talk about football.

I get too excited - just look at this essay!  :eek::D

Fair enough!

It's sorta understandable that the biggest clubs are favoured by refs.

Especially in countries where the sports media are controlled by such clubs, which is the case in Portugal.

And since Portuguese refs are cowards, they tend to protect themselves by favouring the most popular clubs.

That's why Portugal always has the same set of champions.

Boavista were champions coz their chairman was corrupt and tremendously influential.

Belenenses were champions in dictatorship times, where clubs from Lisbon were massively favoured.

You can't have "a Leicester" here in Portugal.

Every time a small club starts bothering the big 3, they're immediately pushed down.

It happened to my Braga twice this decade.

Not saying we'd be champions, but at least I would have liked a fair contest.

Obviously, at the end of the day, Porto, Benfica and Sporting are the best Portuguese teams.

The disparity in resources is too blatant.

Which is partly because of the uneven TV coverage revenue distribution.

In Germany, for instance, that revenue is pretty evenly distributed and that's why, over the last 10 years, they've had a bunch of different teams qualifying for the CL: Bayern, Dortmund, Schalke, Leverkusen, Wolfsburg, Monchengladbach, Sttutgart and Bremen.

Naturally Bayern dominates the Bundesliga, as they often buy the competition's best players.

In Portugal, Braga made the CL twice in the last decade, but it was nothing short of a miracle, basically due to great managing and scouting.

And I'm even ignoring the international feats against ridiculously richer sides like Arsenal (we beat them 2-0 at home, but lost 6-0 away  :P), Sevilla and Liverpool.

Benfica is actually surprising me this season.

I believe Porto and Sporting have better squads.

But Porto needs a top coach, like Benfica and Sporting have atm.

Imo Benfica's defence is pretty average.

The wingers are good, but inconsistent.

Gaitán's performances are irregular and Salvio is pretty good, but always injured.

But then you have Jonas, who's a beast.

And a gem in Renato Sanches.

Now it looks like Benfica are the main contenders for the title, since Porto and Sporting still have to face each other.

EDIT: that's why I can't talk about football.

I get too excited - just look at this essay!  :eek::D

yeah its a farce really, one of the reasons i don't really follow it that much these days, when simao sabrosa left thats when i stopped caring about our results and then i slowly started getting back into it but when jesus bottled that season the treble was on that was the nail in the coffin for me, we had a great squad under him, but have lost many stars and our squad now is pretty average in comparison to a couple seasons back but we've managed to get into the quarters and managed to gain top spot in the league so were not doing to bad, Braga had a very good team not too long ago, its a shame they couldn't build on it

yeah its a farce really, one of the reasons i don't really follow it that much these days, when simao sabrosa left thats when i stopped caring about our results and then i slowly started getting back into it but when jesus bottled that season the treble was on that was the nail in the coffin for me, we had a great squad under him, but have lost many stars and our squad now is pretty average in comparison to a couple seasons back but we've managed to get into the quarters and managed to gain top spot in the league so were not doing to bad, Braga had a very good team not too long ago, its a shame they couldn't build on it

Yeah, Jorge Jesus is a cretin.

He did a great job for Benfica, but he shouldn't have left the way he did.

Braga's main problem is the transfer market, mate.

We rely heavily on player sales' revenues.

Braga is basically a "trampoleen" club.

Agents put talented players there, so they can show themselves and grow.

That causes major instability, squad wise.

If you look at Braga's squad every 3 seasons or so, the players are almost all new.

Since our current president took over, we haven't had the same coach for more than 3 years.

Most last a year or even less.

Clubs need stability to grow steadily.

I'm pretty happy that Braga is the 4th club in Portugal.

I'm happy with Europa League football.

I've started supporting Braga, back when the club was risking extinction, due to an abysmal financial situation.

I watched Braga almost getting relegated.

Our football was atrocious.

So the current (since the last 12 years or so) Braga is heaven for me. :)  

Okay, guys, round 5 has already begun.

Rahul missed his time interval, so the order was now reversed for round 5 and it's Rahul's turn again.  :)

He should pick 4 players for his missing round and round 5.

I have big lists from many of you.

Others have been sending me lists, but most (or all) the players there are no longer available.

So it would be greatly appreciated if you could send me a small list for your next 2 rounds.

No more than 8 players tho, that should be more than enough for all.

I'm gonna PM Paul, coz I haven't seen him online today.