pedrooliveira

Carpe Diem (draft thread)

I hope you've gotten enough sleep Mr. Pedro 

Dozed off on the couch, as usual.  :P

Gonna go to bed in a few minutes.

And by 9 (in 5 hours time) I'll already be up.  :eek:

I'm just waiting for Rahul to pick another player, coz 1 of the 4 he sent me has already been taken.

Then I'll be able to update the OP with several managers' picks.

PS: Sorry for the mix-up, Cam, I'll sort it right away.

Dozed off on the couch, as usual.  :P

Gonna go to bed in a few minutes.

And by 9 (in 5 hours time) I'll already be up.  :eek:

I'm just waiting for Rahul to pick another player, coz 1 of the 4 he sent me has already been taken.

Then I'll be able to update the OP with several managers' picks.

PS: Sorry for the mix-up, Cam, I'll sort it right away.

Good, we don't need anymore insomniacs like myself running around. 

I'll also send my round 6ers in when you've done that, since I won't be on until tomorrow afternoon (probably) when I go to bed. 

Good, we don't need anymore insomniacs like myself running around. 

I'll also send my round 6ers in when you've done that, since I won't be on until tomorrow afternoon (probably) when I go to bed. 

Well, doesn't get much more insomniac than me.  :P

Which ain't a good thing, of course;I 'm just so used to it that I'd rather joke about it.  :D

Alright, guys, terrific job you've been doing!

We're almost done with round 5.

Next one is Paul.

I sent him a PM hours ago, so hopefully he shows up.

This is why the schedule is by far the best method to conduct long drafts.

Without it, if a single person failed to pick, everyone else would be left hanging.

Paul has neither dropped by the thread, nor has he sent me a player list, for at least 30 sth hours.

Hopefully everything's okay with him.

Real life is much more important than SM and he's a great bloke, so hopefully nothing has happened.

Without the schedule, we'd be way behind.

Coz it ain't just Paul.

It happens to everybody (including myself, of course), as people can't be online all the time.

Very proud of all of you, without exception!  :)

EDIT: please keep sending me lists!  ;)

I'll be online at 5:40 PM or so (13 hours and 18 minutes from now) to update the OP, before I Fenerbahçe-Braga starts.

Then I'll update the OP some more during halftime.

Then I'll finish watching Braga get beaten by Fenerbhaçe and it's on to the draft again.  :P

Then I'll eat dinner and afterwards I'll be back online.

I got it all figured out, so no worries!  :D

I am currently workinig on a costing so far...how much we all are spending at the half way mark - end of round 5....will post it here once I get it done but I can tell you already there are a couple of you that need to be careful.

Remember...Budget 80 Mill...minimum 21 maximum 25 for the squad...2 goalkeepers

Thanks Cam...I was unsure that ALL players will be free agents so I am taking the full price from another GW...more just a guideline. People can make their own adjustments for the 25%...which is why the remaining 5 players could be interesting....

Just waiting for Pedro himself to add in his round 5 selections and we ready to go.

OK...Here is the current spend list for the draft at the half way mark of then players each. Only one missing is Pedro's 5th round selections.

Remember that the pricings come from a live GW and they may vary slightly...and of course I may have picked up a wrong player :)

Also you will get a 25% cost reduction on many players because they will be free agents - so this is not an exact science just a guideline

Closer - 72.4 Mill :o

Huddo - 47 Mill

Rahul - 49 Mill

Barca - 67 Mill :o

Niki - 57 Mill

Cam - 49.8 Mill

Laura - 64 Mill :o

Gozzy - 32.8

Caio - 41 Mill

Gordon - 50 Mill

Cookie - 37.8 Mill

Noisy - 71 Mill :o

Justin - 49.7 Mill

Matt - 52.6 Mill

Pedro - 45 Mill 

Hey mate, thanks for that, i was trying to figure it out, i thought i had gone expensive. My question is, these budgets are with the 25% discount on the free agents or not?

They are the full prices from a GW I am involved in. Only a close guess. You will still have the 25% up your sleeve for any player classed as a free agent once the GW opens.

Am I able to cancel one of my draft picks and replace it? Reason I ask is Leroy Sane is just so expensive that I can do a lot with the money it would cost to buy him.

Yes, mate, as long as the replacement player is available.

Please PM me!

This is how much I care about this setup and all of you:

I never - and I mean NEVER - log into the forum during work hours.

Not even during the lunch break, so I don't get distracted.

I should be working right now, but I don't mind compensating late in the evening.

Will be posting my picks soon and updating the OP.  ;)

PS: Gordon, have you taken into consideration players who'll be free agents in your calculations?

Don't forget there'll be 64 clubs with empty squads!  :)

And terrific job btw!

Guys, Paul has decided to settle for the 4 players he already has and simply complete his squad on the open market.

Since it would give me a lot of work to tweak the hour intervals, just ignore Paul's pre-assigned time slots!

So, when one of his time intervals comes, the next person in the draft order can pick.

We'll almost surely keep being ahead of schedule, so this may actually not matter at all.

I am currently workinig on a costing so far...how much we all are spending at the half way mark - end of round 5....will post it here once I get it done but I can tell you already there are a couple of you that need to be careful.

Remember...Budget 80 Mill...minimum 21 maximum 25 for the squad...2 goalkeepers

I'm tracking myself, i believe I had 54.5mil spent at the half