pedrooliveira

Carpe Diem (draft thread)

Am I able to cancel one of my draft picks and replace it? Reason I ask is Leroy Sane is just so expensive that I can do a lot with the money it would cost to buy him.

Hi Matt...I realize Pedro has said yes to this but I would like to put this on hold please until the organising committee has discussed it later today...like when we wake up down the bottom of the planet :)

I can see some issues with allowing this process and would like to discuss it with them before confirming. will get back to you as soon as possible.

Yes, mate, as long as the replacement player is available.

Please PM me!

This is how much I care about this setup and all of you:

I never - and I mean NEVER - log into the forum during work hours.

Not even during the lunch break, so I don't get distracted.

I should be working right now, but I don't mind compensating late in the evening.

Will be posting my picks soon and updating the OP.  ;)

PS: Gordon, have you taken into consideration players who'll be free agents in your calculations?

Don't forget there'll be 64 clubs with empty squads!  :)

And terrific job btw!

Thanks Pedro...I have sent you a PM about Matt's request re changing a player and would like to talk to you, Huddo and Cookie about it before confirming. I have advised him to put in on hold for a short while till we can confirm.

With regard to the free agent 25% if you read the top of the post it says that these are the full prices because I was not sure that ALL they players would be free agents and people would have to make their own allowances for that until they actually get the buying done and can see what they have left.

Hi Matt...I realize Pedro has said yes to this but I would like to put this on hold please until the organising committee has discussed it later today...like when we wake up down the bottom of the planet :)

I can see some issues with allowing this process and would like to discuss it with them before confirming. will get back to you as soon as possible.

Thanks Pedro...I have sent you a PM about Matt's request re changing a player and would like to talk to you, Huddo and Cookie about it before confirming. I have advised him to put in on hold for a short while till we can confirm.

With regard to the free agent 25% if you read the top of the post it says that these are the full prices because I was not sure that ALL they players would be free agents and people would have to make their own allowances for that until they actually get the buying done and can see what they have left.

I half considered changing my Sule pick, there's someone that would've cost me slightly cheaper, (every bit of money counts!) and someone who cost the same but I have more confidence in, but that said, it's not a must for me so I'm fine.

I think you should allow matt to change his pick, he probably thought Schalke was one of the unmanaged clubs (i did, and i almost took Sane myself), and for the sake of the set up, as well, you should probably allow him. 

you're starting with empty clubs right? Then all of them should be, including those on loan. 

I've been comparing prices across 3 gameworlds, and some of them were frees ;p

Hopefully my math is sound as well ha!

Mate, you'd already qualify for Portuguese prime-minister.

We had one that couldn't do math.  <_<

So you're already more prepared than him.  :D

PS: Caio, you're up!

Neither could ours lol. 

and i've just finished planning my remaining picks.

Where is the issue with changing one pick? There has to be some consistency here and if managers are allowed to be exempt from the draft process then me changing one player should be no real issue. Not like I am wanting to completely overhaul my picks.

I half considered changing my Sule pick, there's someone that would've cost me slightly cheaper, (every bit of money counts!) and someone who cost the same but I have more confidence in, but that said, it's not a must for me so I'm fine.

I think you should allow matt to change his pick, he probably thought Schalke was one of the unmanaged clubs (i did, and i almost took Sane myself), and for the sake of the set up, as well, you should probably allow him. 

you're starting with empty clubs right? Then all of them should be, including those on loan. 

I've been comparing prices across 3 gameworlds, and some of them were frees ;p

Hopefully my math is sound as well ha!

Neither could ours lol. 

and i've just finished planning my remaining picks.

Where is the issue with changing one pick? There has to be some consistency here and if managers are allowed to be exempt from the draft process then me changing one player should be no real issue. Not like I am wanting to completely overhaul my picks.

I have a number of things I would like to think through which is not saying that we will say no...however we have a draft in place and should stick with it. Let me run a few things past you...and of course first up it is not one pick change. If we allow it it becomes open slather.

1. Whilst your reasons for this are honorable I am sure, allowing people to go back and revisit selections has a number of connotations. It does not have to be just for expensive players if we allow it. So other managers may lose a pick that they wanted because someone else had it...and now they are available but cannot be selected because now they have no money left

2. In addition it could create a lot more work for Pedro trying to keep up with changes.

3. If you were in the GW and had already bought an expensive player you could not sell him.

4. RE your comments - In pulling out of the draft you are missing out on all the players that have been selected so I believe there is a difference between that and changing picks and also if we permit it...what is to prevent someone saying I want to change all my picks...which to me defeats the purpose of the draft process.

Like I said Matt...a few things to think about and others may come once we chat about it. I just want to be comfortable with it and possible repercussions before confirming.

Wow you guys really think this is a huge issue? It is regret I am removing myself from this set up. I genuinely never realised how expensive he was and have since spent a lot of man hours scouting for players so I could fit them all into my budget. Good luck with the set up, not that you guys need it.

Edit: One assumes that most people are happy with there purchases and likely went into the draft buying expensive players first then worked there budget around it. I had no real method and only really felt well enough this morning to put in the hours to get players within the budget allowed, which is why I had hoped to appeal to people's better nature. 

Wow you guys really think this is a huge issue? It is regret I am removing myself from this set up. I genuinely never realised how expensive he was and have since spent a lot of man hours scouting for players so I could fit them all into my budget. Good luck with the set up, not that you guys need it.

Edit: One assumes that most people are happy with there purchases and likely went into the draft buying expensive players first then worked there budget around it. I had no real method and only really felt well enough this morning to put in the hours to get players within the budget allowed, which is why I had hoped to appeal to people's better nature.

I bet you were here to go. You've not changed an inch have you.

Matt firstly there has been no final decision made yet however if you feel you want go I certainly cannot stop you...to be fair though I think you are over-reacting.

Assuming that the change was not allowed, I completely understand that you have made an error in your selection process that you would have to live with...but that would only be till the transfer ban lifted when you could sell the player...getting more cash for him...and buy another player to fill the gap...maybe using the leftover cash to replace another lower rated player. It is not a major issue as far as I can see.

In closing though, your final comment "Good luck with the set up, not that you guys need it." was probably unnecessary, sarcastic and a bit disappointing. If you want to stay you are welcome...if not good luck.

Matt firstly there has been no final decision made yet however if you feel you want go I certainly cannot stop you...to be fair though I think you are over-reacting.

Assuming that the change was not allowed, I completely understand that you have made an error in your selection process that you would have to live with...but that would only be till the transfer ban lifted when you could sell the player...getting more cash for him...and buy another player to fill the gap...maybe using the leftover cash to replace another lower rated player. It is not a major issue as far as I can see.

In closing though, your final comment "Good luck with the set up, not that you guys need it." was probably unnecessary, sarcastic and a bit disappointing. If you want to stay you are welcome...if not good luck.

Why is it sarcastic? Seemingly I am damned if I do and I damned if I don't. It was a genuine show of appreciation for a set up that is going to be a success, I would not have wanted to be involved if I had thought otherwise. Why not ask those in the set up if Sane was a player that they would have bid on, and if so are they disappointed that they now can't have him. That is a far better way of resolving such an issue. Bloody hell it's an online game and the way some of you are going on you would think it was life or bloody death.

Why is it sarcastic? Seemingly I am damned if I do and I damned if I don't. It was a genuine show of appreciation for a set up that is going to be a success, I would not have wanted to be involved if I had thought otherwise. Why not ask those in the set up if Sane was a player that they would have bid on, and if so are they disappointed that they now can't have him. That is a far better way of resolving such an issue. Bloody hell it's an online game and the way some of you are going on you would think it was life or bloody death.

mate if I misunderstood your comment I apologise...I have often said that the written word can easily be read differently to the way it was written.

Regarding Sane...several managers have picked players with his value so you are not the only one...and they will have to live with the consequences if we do not permit changes. As I said...you are welcome to stay...but that has to be with the knowledge that, from time to time, rules may be set in place that one person disagrees with.

anyway I am off to watch Liverpool play ManU and will get back to this in a couple of hours. Take care.

mate if I misunderstood your comment I apologise...I have often said that the written word can easily be read differently to the way it was written.

Regarding Sane...several managers have picked players with his value so you are not the only one...and they will have to live with the consequences if we do not permit changes. As I said...you are welcome to stay...but that has to be with the knowledge that, from time to time, rules may be set in place that one person disagrees with.

anyway I am off to watch Liverpool play ManU and will get back to this in a couple of hours. Take care.

No worries. I do feel like a mountain is being made out of a mole hill. I will wait and see what the decision is but Pedro never had an issue and neither did Barcakes, I can safely say I doubt Rahul or Smut will have an issue with it either. Let's just throw it out to people and see how they feel about it?

My 2 cents: In an ideal GW/world there would be no changes, meaning, each one picks and at the spot buys the player picked.

But i have no problem, let Matt change his pick. It's not great, but ok. Potential problem though is this: someone else might say "i would have then picked that player if he was not taken, so i want to go back and change my pick" etc etc leading to a potential domino of people wanting to change. Other than that there is no real problem. If noone will say something like this, then i guess it's fine. But if someone does, then you can understand the issue. So it really depends on us, the players, the community.

No worries. I do feel like a mountain is being made out of a mole hill. I will wait and see what the decision is but Pedro never had an issue and neither did Barcakes, I can safely say I doubt Rahul or Smut will have an issue with it either. Let's just throw it out to people and see how they feel about it?

I have no problem until people can be patient and sort out things by talking to each other but apparently that doesn't applies to a non sensible hot head like you. And without the gw manager giving out his final verdict you along to leave this setup proves that.

There maybe some problems we all know. Even Smut is skipping his draws so you should be given a chance too to change your draft. But I think that choosing another player after so many rounds of drafts passing by would not be right. Since then everyone can skip their high rated drafts and puck easy picks which are not been taken and that will ruin the draft concept. Closer can come up and say I'm spending to many bucks on Coman and wanna change my draft.

Instead I suggest your draft pick to be cancelled and you can pick 1 afterwards like Smut will.

I have no problem until people can be patient and sort out things by talking to each other but apparently that doesn't applies to a non sensible hot head like you. And without the gw manager giving out his final verdict you along to leave this setup proves that.

There maybe some problems we all know. Even Smut is skipping his draws so you should be given a chance too to change your draft. But I think that choosing another player after so many rounds of drafts passing by would not be right. Since then everyone can skip their high rated drafts and puck easy picks which are not been taken and that will ruin the draft concept. Closer can come up and say I'm spending to many bucks on Coman and wanna change my draft.

Instead I suggest your draft pick to be cancelled and you can pick 1 afterwards like Smut will.

Also a viable option, take away that pick entirely and he gets an extra 14mil (or 10.5 if schalke is one of the unmanaged teams)... for free spending (within the 80mil range of course) after the draft. Good idea.

As for everything else, unnecessary drama imo.

Also a viable option, take away that pick entirely and he gets an extra 14mil (or 10.5 if schalke is one of the unmanaged teams)... for free spending (within the 80mil range of course) after the draft. Good idea.

As for everything else, unnecessary drama imo.

Yeah, or if he's whining too much like a 5 year old baby :D, then shift his draft to the end of all the drafts. He gets a chance to pick that draft after the drafting process completes.

This is bloody stupid, Gordon!

Sorry, but I had to say it.

So what if 1 or 2 people wanna change their picks?

In a draft as big as this one, many little things are always gonna happen.

If we start getting neurotic about every single, insignificant detail, things don't get done.

It's as simple as that.

Let's not create pointless issues and keep this flowing nicely!   :)

Otherwise it will create confusion.

It would make my life more difficult, coz I would have to re-check lists and change picks.

And, with the work (TREMENDOUS in dimension, I might add) I've been having running this, I'd hate to see all this go out the window for absolutely irrelevant stuff. 

Remember, mate, this ain't my setup.

I'm doing this out of the kindness of my heart, so please let's just keep moving!  ;)

I said from the beginning: "trust me, I know what I'm doing, let's not act irrationally before giving my system a chance".

And since this started happening, the results are there for everyone to see: a draft running swiftly.

I've done this before, Gordon, and I always weigh the pros and cons of every decision.

I only want the best for this setup and it's with that thought in mind that I'm running this draft the way I am.

PS: I didn't consult you, because I didn't want to stall the draft.

After all you left me in charge of the draft and look at how smoothly it's going since everyone started cooperating.

Only option i would agree with is Kes. On phone at work but changing picks like that makes loads of issues tjat have beem raised like "i would of picked him" etc. However reversing the pick for cash/ drafting one less player is of no benefit to mtt and would be pretty reasonable. So im all for he loses same and gets 1 lesa draft or one at the very end.

P. S i aaid this would happen in

Gmail

Only option i would agree with is Kes. On phone at work but changing picks like that makes loads of issues tjat have beem raised like "i would of picked him" etc. However reversing the pick for cash/ drafting one less player is of no benefit to mtt and would be pretty reasonable. So im all for he loses same and gets 1 lesa draft or one at the very end.

P. S i said this would happen in Gmail

And that's why we should just keep moving.

I already wasted enough time with this nonsense, when I could have been updating the OP.

Please read my last post (now edited), mate!  ;)

This is bloody stupid, Gordon!

Sorry, but I had to say it.

So what if 1 or 2 people wanna change their picks?

In a draft as big as this one, many little things are always gonna happen.

If we start getting neurotic about every single, insignificant detail, things don't get done.

It's as simple as that.

Let's not create pointless issues and keep this flowing nicely!   :)

Otherwise it will create confusion.

It would make my life more difficult, coz I would have to re-check lists and change picks.

And, with the work (TREMENDOUS in dimension, I might add) I've been having running this, I'd hate to see all this go out the window for absolutely irrelevant stuff. 

Remember, mate, this ain't my setup.

I'm doing this out of the kindness of my heart, so please let's just keep moving!  ;)

I said from the beginning: "trust me, I know what I'm doing, let's not act irrationally before giving my system a chance".

And since this started happening, the results are there for everyone to see: a draft running swiftly.

I've done this before, Gordon, and I always weigh the pros and cons of every decision.

I only want the best for this setup and it's with that thought in mind that I'm running this draft the way I am.

PS: I didn't consult you, because I didn't want to stall the draft.

After all you left me in charge of the draft and look at how smoothly it's going since everyone started cooperating.

Hi Pedro...with respect to you I do not think that making these comments here is constructive. I told you that I have organised a way through Skype to handle issues and I believe that this is one of those for a number of reasons. We have a four man committee to run the GW consisting of Huddo, Cookie you and me and we should all be able to state our case and resolve the matter quickly. I would appreciate it if you would adhere to my request to enable us to talk it out and come to a decision. I have a couple of thoughts in mind I would like to run past you. Then we can clarify the situation. If we approve the change it can be done at any point and any money saved used to buy players later in the game. Their is no need to halt the draft at all and as far as I can tell no one has suggested that you should. So please proceed with the draft and lets talk it through please.