Stupid player concerns

BradVanDam

It depends on how much he played before he developed his level one concern.

For example, say Oblak believes he should play 75% of the time.  If you only played him in 10 out of 20 games then, because he has only played 50% of the time instead of the 75% he wants, he will develop a level one concern.

You then decide to play him in every match.  However, 17 games later, when the concerns are next calculated, despite playing every game since, he still has not achieved 75% (10 + 17 / 37 x 100 = 73%).  So he develops a level 2 concern.

If you do the maths on Oblak I am pretty sure you will find something similar.  If you are lucky and keep playing him then eventually he may hit the 75% (or whatever it is) and start to clear his concerns.

Thanks for the respone Nico

Surely thats a ridiculous concept though, I could play him every game and he continue to develop concerns?

Wheres the logic in that?

On the face of it I guess it is a strange concept because, in real life, if a player came to you and said he was concerned about lack of playing time and you then played him in every match, those concerns would soon be alleviated.

However, SM introduced this feature a while back in a bid to prevent player hogging and re-inject some life into the transfer market.  

On the face of it I guess it is a strange concept because, in real life, if a player came to you and said he was concerned about lack of playing time and you then played him in every match, those concerns would soon be alleviated.

However, SM introduced this feature a while back in a bid to prevent player hogging and re-inject some life into the transfer market.  

you explained it very well, but I have to say it is a terrible system.

following your example, ok fine Oblak hasn't hit the 75% needed to get rid of the concern at the second checkpoint, but as he has played EVERY GAME SINCE he shouldn't develop additional concerns. that is an absolutely farcical system and honestly makes it so that to get rid of even a level 1 concern you have to play someone every single game four three-quarters of a season minimum.

there's not enough times between the checkpoints to actively lower the concerns immediately. and ok I can see the appeal of that to stop hogging, but if they're being addressed the concerns shouldn't get WORSE.

you explained it very well, but I have to say it is a terrible system.

following your example, ok fine Oblak hasn't hit the 75% needed to get rid of the concern at the second checkpoint, but as he has played EVERY GAME SINCE he shouldn't develop additional concerns. that is an absolutely farcical system and honestly makes it so that to get rid of even a level 1 concern you have to play someone every single game four three-quarters of a season minimum.

there's not enough times between the checkpoints to actively lower the concerns immediately. and ok I can see the appeal of that to stop hogging, but if they're being addressed the concerns shouldn't get WORSE.

You are preaching to the parson my friend.

I don't like the system either because it isn't very realistic and also it rather forces the hand of the manager in his team selection, which again is not entirely realistic.

However, to be fair to SM I think they took this route rather than impose a squad cap which was debated to death a long time ago on the forum (before the forum itself died ha-ha!).

I also don't like the fact that a players rating increase does not get taken into consideration when the concerns are calculated.  For example, I had a 78 rated player who wasn't anywhere near making my first team until he got a raise to 83.  Then a week later he developed concerns from lack of games even though he had only just made the grade!!

Anyway, ridiculous system or not, it isn't really that difficult to manage concerns if you apply a bit of maths and rotate/substitute players early enough.  But then I only manage one or two clubs maximum.  For someone managing multiple clubs then I can imagine it being a bit of pain trying to keep on top of it all.

All right, but I don't understand why in my Barcelona Agostino Cà is concerned about the lack of FIRST TEAM opportunities.

I play with 433w.

On DM, M( C ) position I have these players:

Iniesta, Busquets, Rakitic, Toulalan (90), Boateng (89), Ganso (89), Sergi Roberto (89), Almeida (87), Denis Suarez (87), Kranevitter (87), Lucas Silva (87), Rafinha (87), Stendera(86), Milinkovic-Savic(86), Laxalt(85), Zielinski(85), Samper (85), Grujic (84), and more

bHjH4.jpg

Agostino Ca' is rating 78 , so give me a logic answer.

Agostino Ca' will ask to play in the first team when he get 88 rating or more.

Ok, but why only Agostino Ca'?

It's a future big player? I don't think so. Future big players are Seung Woo Lee or Hailovic or Grujic.

Agostino plays on loan from Barca in Lleida (Segunda B, Spain) with 0 matches!

Why Rafhina (regular first team player on Barca in real world until the injury) don't complain?

Or Kabashy (76) and Federico Bravo (80) with same role?

I think SM no have realistic rules, but a random mechanism for the users's headache. As usual.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

I recently took over a club and had 3 players level 3 concern and 2 at level 4 concerned. At which point are these players definitely going to leave my club and can I do anything to stop that?

Any help/advice much appreciated

9 minutes ago, Pud said:

I recently took over a club and had 3 players level 3 concern and 2 at level 4 concerned. At which point are these players definitely going to leave my club and can I do anything to stop that?

Any help/advice much appreciated

Level 5 they hand in a transfer request and will leave. All you can do is play the guys with concerns every single game. To be honest, I'm not even sure that works. It seems that once someone gets to level 3 or 4 it just escalates and they leave, however many games you give them. That's been my experience anyway.

7 minutes ago, Kev said:

Level 5 they hand in a transfer request and will leave. All you can do is play the guys with concerns every single game. To be honest, I'm not even sure that works. It seems that once someone gets to level 3 or 4 it just escalates and they leave, however many games you give them. That's been my experience anyway.

Thanks kev new to the game and and getting to grips with it. I had heard you can offer them a new contract which stops them leaving but not sure if it works with a level 3 concern player.

7 minutes ago, Kev said:

7 minutes ago, Kev said:

Edited by Pud

Just now, Pud said:

Thanks kev new to the game and and getting to grips with it. I had heard you can offer them a new contract which stops them leaving but not sure if it works with a level 3 concern player.

Players used to get concerns about their wages, so offering a new contract was the way to sort that. Now it seems the chairman does that automatically. I'm not sure a new contract offer makes any difference if the concern is lack of games (most common), but it's worth a try!