Steven

2D Matchday Experience

The following has been posted on our blog:

On 2 December, 2015, we introduced a new match engine to Soccer Manager Worlds as part of our relaunch to celebrate our 10th anniversary.

We're delighted to announce that the next improvement to the match engine is a 2D matchday experience.

We've always offered pinpoint tactical control of your side with a wide range of formations and instructions. Now, as well as following games via our traditional match commentary, you'll be able to see how well your players execute your instructions throughout matches with a 2D overhead view of the pitch.

The 2D matchday experience is currently in Beta and is available in all Gold Championships.

Please feel free to provide any feedback here and if you encounter any bugs could you please report them in-game.

It's a nice idea, but the 2D match experience for me is hopeless. I have no clue what is going on! It's like watching from the International Space Station as a microscopic Man Utd pass themselves into a frenzy of sleep, then all of a sudden somebody apparently scores, Leicester have won the league, and you've no idea how it all happened.

This 2d match is insane. Is really insane. It has too many "hit the post" situations. Then sometimes the goalkeeper comes out of the penalty are approx. To the mid field to get the ball and actually holds it.

Then there is this strange thing happened to my game. In one of my GWs, I got 2 different results. On watching the 2d match, I got a 2-0 win with goals scored by Januzaj and Ronaldinho at 22 and 50th minute respectively. But when I saw the same game through the score centre, I got a 3-0 win with goals scored by Haraguchi at 13th minute and the rest 2 at the same time by same players as in 2d match.

Should I report this as a bug as the league table shows that my GD is 11+3 goals which means that the 2d match have me a wrong result?

It's a nice idea, but I much prefer the old match commentaries. I know it sounds sad, but I would read the commentary, and imagine real life players playing a real life match. So for me, seeing the coloured dots moving around only reminds me this is just a game, and ruins the fantasy aspect.

I feel sorry for SM....... they are sooooooo focussed on changes, changes, changes, and they don't realise what a great game they had to start with. Not all changes are improvements. 

Also SM.... please take these criticisms as compliments. It shows that people are passionate about this game, they love this game, and want to retain the great qualities it has. Listen to your fan base. Listen to your paying customers.