A brand new concept and a cool one at that. Introducing:

The Battle of Britain
burningunionflag.jpg
Britain is in turmoil, with it being deeply embroiled in what has been popularly labelled as civil war. This civil war is not because of the simple two sided policy debate that regularly tears society apart: this revolves around hatred for each other. If one region gains the tiniest fraction of advantage over another, civil unrest is provoked. The government has been overthrown. The monarchy has been abolished. You are the only hope to bring the UK back to where it belongs.

However, democracy is not the way forward. People can easily get off their lazy behinds and vote, but that vote will always be self-centred and not for the good of the country. It should be on merit rather than popularity. Your goal is to help get your region a majority goverment of 321 seats (explained below) to take control of the nation and prosper on.

Regions
The regions are eight groups of three teams that are from the same area in Britain. You will team up with the rest of your region in a quest to complete your mission of 321 seats.

320px-Flag_of_the_City_of_London.svg.png
The Capital - West Ham, Fulham, Millwall
We are the capital, representing London! We don't understand what this commotion is about, just let us in the House of Commons run the country: you probably know more about football than politics you rats!

320px-Flag_of_Cornwall.svg.png
The Wild West - Southampton, Bristol City, Plymouth
We are the Cornish, we have the same status as Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland and our language is recognised by the EU. We are the best bit of England, and our coast reflects that. Kernow for the win!

320px-Flag_of_East_Anglia.svg.png
Farmer Country - Norwich City, Brighton, Southend
We are the southern farmers union and we want change. Change now. Agriculture is a huge part of our society, so we want to seize the day and take control of our future in industry!

320px-Flag_of_Wales_2.svg.png
The Great Dragon - Swansea City, Cardiff City, Newport County
Enough with this "England's neighbours" nonsense! We are Cymru, and our Prime Minister is putting far too much influence on those weak easterners...they could be getting so much money from tourism but they choose not to get it!

320px-Flag_of_the_West_Midlands_County.s

Rainy Central - West Brom, Nottingham Forest, Burton Albion
I get it, we are a rainy area! But isn't all of Britain that way anyway? It is almost racist and somewhat prejudiced that we are treated as "typical Brum"...we have many universities and some brilliant attractions so we are the best bet!

276px-Lancashire_rose.svg.png
Red Rose - Everton, Bolton Wanderers, Blackpool
Think Liverpool. Think Manchester. Think Lancashire. We are easily the best footballing area here in the North West, and nobody can stop us, not even the fools from over in York. We got the country in 1485: who's to say we won't do the same?

320px-FlagOfYorkshire.svg.png
White Rose - Sunderland, Middlesbrough, Barnsley
To answer your question Team Red Rose, we say you won't do the same! Yes, we inexplicably lost the War of the Roses and that was a regrettable mistake to let you end up on top but we will rise meteorically. With the help of Northumbria, we are the team to watch.

320px-Flag_of_Scotland.svg.png
Caledonia - Celtic, Rangers, Aberdeen
If we don't get our way, you southerners risk losing a HUGE chunk of money from oil drilling in our precious Highlands. We've tried independence before but the SNP faltered in its promise, so perhaps we can be the ones that not only take over the northern nation, but the entire island!

Sorry Northern Ireland, I would have put you in if you had any good teams!

The first teams listed are Tier 1 teams and will start the game in Division 3, the second teams listed are Tier 2 teams starting in Division 2 and the last teams are Tier 3 teams starting in Division 1.

Therefore, I am after 24 managers that are willing to pledge their time into this.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Really great work, HD, what an intricate concept! I just have a few reservations about the external bidding aspect. I hope the restrictions aren't too tight, coz I like my teams to have at least a s

I would be interested

Not empty squads, regular squads

Seats

CURRENT SEATS STANDINGS

1= The Capital - 80

1= Kernow Country - 80

1= Farmer Country - 80

1= The Great Dragon - 80

1= Rainy Central - 80

1= Red Rose - 80

1= White Rose - 80

1= Caledonia - 80

Seats are how many members of parliament you have in your region. Due to the fact there are a total of 640 seats (in real life there are 650 but just to make it easier), the starting number of seats is 80 per region. Your goal is to form a majority government of 321 seats. Seats can be earned in the following ways.

1. League Matches

If you beat a team from another region in a league match, you take 3 seats away from them.

If you beat a team from another region in a league match from a tier above, you take 3 seats away from them in addition to the difference between the tiers.

If a Tier 2 team beats a Tier 1 team in a league match, they gain 4 seats.

If a Tier 3 team beats a Tier 2 team in a league match, they gains 4 seats.

If a Tier 3 team beats a Tier 1 team in a league match, they gain 5 seats.

2. Cup Matches

If you beat a team in a cup match from the same tier, you take 3 seats away from them.

If you beat a team from a different tier in a cup match, you take 3 seats plus/minus the difference between the tiers.

If a Tier 1 team beats a Tier 2 team in a cup match, they gain 2 seats.

If a Tier 1 team beats a Tier 3 team in a cup match, they gain 1 seat.

If a Tier 2 team beats a Tier 1 team in a cup match, they gain 4 seats.

If a Tier 2 team beats a Tier 3 team in a cup match, they gain 2 seats.

If a Tier 3 team beats a Tier 1 team in a cup match, they gain 5 seats.

If a Tier 3 team beats a Tier 2 team in a cup match, they gain 4 seats.

3. Campeones

If you win a division, you get to take a certain amount of seats from any region you choose.

Winning Division 1 gets you 15 seats.

Winning Division 2 gets you 12 seats.

Winning Division 3 gets you 10 seats.

4. So Close Yet So Far

If you rank in the top five of any division but did not win the league, you are obligated to take a certain amount of seas from any region you choose.

2nd place gets you 9 seats

3rd place gets you 7 seats

4th place gets you 6 seats

5th place gets you 5 seats

5. Mickey Mouse

If you win the cup, you get to take 2 seats from every region except your own that did not make it into the semi finals. If a region gets to the semi-finals, you take 1 seat but none from the opposition finalist.

6. Golden Ball

If you win the golden ball (highest goal scorer) of your division, you get to take 8 seats. One from each region, and then an additional one from any region you choose.

7. Golden Boot

If you win the golden boot (highest assist maker) of your division, you get to take 8 seats. One from each region, and then an additional one from any region you choose.

you choose.

8. Player of the Season

If you win the player of the season award of your division, you get to take 8 seats. One from each region, and then an additional one from any region you choose.

Transfers

All teams start with a grand budget of £15,000,000. The economy is set at Strong. Buying from unmanaged teams is NOT allowed but buying from external is allowed.

1. You may only transfer one player permanently from one of your fellow regional teams per season, meaning a total of two regional transfers are permitted.

2. The Tier 1 team may loan out one player to their Tier 3 team-mate in their region if they so wish.

3. The three division winners may claim a prize player, bought with cash only, from any managed team they wish. This prize can be redeemed throughout the next season.

4. The team that finishes bottom of each division must transfer list their highest rated non-transfer banned player. That player will be ineligible to play in the next season for that team and must be sold upon the first offer. That is the cruel punishment for being the worst in the league, but also constitutes towards parachute payments.

Punishments

If teams fail to abide by the law, they face jail time. A trade block will be invoked for a certain period of time. For the first offence, the trade block will last 3 days and 3 seats will be randomly revoked. For the second offence, a moderate player must be sold to external, a trade block of 7 days is invoked and 7 seats are randomly revoked. If this happens a third time, a season-long trade block will be invoked, with the highest rated player being sold, with 15 seats being randomly revoked. Of course, if it gets to that stage, there will have been some real corruption in the GW, something I dont wish to happen.

I like it, i'll lose one of my non-forumer leagues if necessary to join. 

Really great work, HD, what an intricate concept!

I just have a few reservations about the external bidding aspect.

I hope the restrictions aren't too tight, coz I like my teams to have at least a slight margin to grow.  :)

^^

Interest List

HD King (Flicksandtricks810)

Altai Barron

Whisperr

Michael Hudson (Huddo)

Barca Kes

I will be interested in joining this gameworld. It got this great storyline and great rivalry, and I will try and memorize those rules XD I have been in this game from december 2012 when the forums was still alive, and I haven't seen anything like this. So good job!

I will be interested in joining this gameworld. It got this great storyline and great rivalry, and I will try and memorize those rules XD I have been in this game from december 2012 when the forums was still alive, and I haven't seen anything like this. So good job!

Thanks so much for your support :)

And I'm glad this is an original idea, was a bit worried it wasn't xD