Benni Mccarthy

Re: Benni Mccarthy

I think he will stay the same m8 for now but could go down by the end of the season.So far his stat's don't look too bad,especially when you consider Santa Cruz has been getting rave review's, despite only scoring 2 more league goal's in almost 4 game's more.So considering there's a new top dog at the club, who alot of their play now goes through,he has responded ok imo.Blackburn as a whole have been poor of late and the striker's usually suffer a bit more,as Benni has, getting subbed off,so i think it would be a bit unfair at the moment as they were doing well at the start of the season.

On FORM Santa Cruz should be 91 and McCarthy an 89. :eek::rolleyes:

However, I think that they will BOTH be 90 after the next ratings change (England). Santa Cruz will rise by 1 and deservedly so and Benni will drop 1.

The fact that Matt Derbyshire has started a couple of games ahead of the South African is an indication that Hughes also thinks he's in a form slump. ;)

Herby

I don't think he's in that much of a slump m8.They are both similar type's of forward's imo so might never work that well together, as they both like doing the same thing,which could also explain Matt Derbyshire's recent involvement. Minus Santa Cruz's 2 goal's yesterday in the cup,where Mccarthy was on the bench, he has only scored two more goal's this season so there is no way he deserve's 91 and Mccarthy 89,as Mccarthy as already proved he's a 91 with a full good season. Also,this is Santa Cruz's best season goal's wise in his whole career,and whilst i think he deserve's to rise,i don't think Mccarthy should drop or be level with him based on 7 goal's in 16 game's or 2 more in the cup having played 1 more game,no way.This is my honest opinion too,i don't have him in any of my team's and i don't support Blackburn either,i just think Mccarthy has been/is better overall.Whatever happen's anyway m8,i can't believe Mccarthy is classed as better or Santa Cruz is soon to be the same as Afonso Alves,we must agree on the fact that he's better lol.

I foresee Benni McCarthy decreasing to a 90 and Roque Santa Cruz increasing to a 90.

It's simple, and it's based on form.

McCarthy has looked a shadow of the player who was strongly linked with Chelsea last season and possibly the addition of Santa Cruz to the side could have unsettled him a bit at the beginning of the season.

You could say that Blackburn's loss of form could have coincided with McCarthy's; they have gotten one win in seven now.

If you have McCarthy in any of your teams, I'd suggest selling him. Or use him as bait to pick up Santa Cruz.

If I'm not mistaken, McCarthy has not been called up for South Africa's recent friendlies as well? Need clarification there...