Sign in to follow this  
Germany2014WC

Suggestion for searching for clubs

I have been away from SM for a while now, but have been on the forum every now and then to see the new improvements to the game, and might start playing again. Now, a lot of people play this game so that they can manage their favorite club, or a powerhouse like Barca or Madrid. Depending on the type of game world, one can search for the club by name, but I propose a different situation. Say you want to manage a team with a Ronaldo or Messi in it. There could be a filter for a specific player in the Club Search List page.

Other Ideas for filters in the club search box:

• Search for a club based on a specific player
  • Search for a club based on how much money they have in the balance
  • Search for a club based on their current league position and division
  • Search for a club based on how many players are at the club (including loanees and loaned out players)
  • Search for a club based on how many players are a certain nationality
  • Search for a club based on the total squad value of the club

This could greatly save a lot of time for people who want to search for a club that is popular in a certain type of world. For example, there are a lot of Liverpools out there open in World Championships. A Liverpool fan wanting to manage Liverpool searches this and comes across hundreds of openings, unable to remember the best ones, or wasting his time looking at the worst ones. With new filters, he could search for a Liverpool team with a budget of 100 million, in the top half of the table, and have at least 35 players at the club greatly narrowing the results. 

Let me know what you guys think of this and feel free to add any suggestions for filters.

I have been away from SM for a while now, but have been on the forum every now and then to see the new improvements to the game, and might start playing again. Now, a lot of people play this game so that they can manage their favorite club, or a powerhouse like Barca or Madrid. Depending on the type of game world, one can search for the club by name, but I propose a different situation. Say you want to manage a team with a Ronaldo or Messi in it. There could be a filter for a specific player in the Club Search List page.

Other Ideas for filters in the club search box:

• Search for a club based on a specific player
  • Search for a club based on how much money they have in the balance
  • Search for a club based on their current league position and division
  • Search for a club based on how many players are at the club (including loanees and loaned out players)
  • Search for a club based on how many players are a certain nationality
  • Search for a club based on the total squad value of the club

This could greatly save a lot of time for people who want to search for a club that is popular in a certain type of world. For example, there are a lot of Liverpools out there open in World Championships. A Liverpool fan wanting to manage Liverpool searches this and comes across hundreds of openings, unable to remember the best ones, or wasting his time looking at the worst ones. With new filters, he could search for a Liverpool team with a budget of 100 million, in the top half of the table, and have at least 35 players at the club greatly narrowing the results. 

Let me know what you guys think of this and feel free to add any suggestions for filters.

I like the idea!

Anything to make the game easier, not slower or harder to navigate, is a plus.

But, I doubt seeing this implemented in the next 3 years or more. Because SM has their own agenda, and have always kept to it.

They are all about the New Interface and trying to get all the bugs out of that and what not, which is just slowing down the game and causing many managers to quit.

The new 2D pitch will probably take forever for them to work out as well after all of this is done with.

I hardly play on the New Interface right now, as I'm trying to hold onto the Old one as long as I can, but I also think they are having issues with the whole Club Search/Add Club not having searches like the Old Interface. So, that is another thing they'll have to work on probably.

Don't know why they tried to take this giant leap of faith all of a sudden with everyone. Was crazy!

But, anyways, good idea on being able to search for things like that when you want some specific things. I have completely done that before, in searching for a club and just having too many to choose from, so then I don't. Oh well, SM's loss.

Yes, that sounds good to me. I'd like SM to show current league positions when you are searching for clubs so that you don't have to take them over to see how they are currently doing in a particular game world. I'd also like them to show whether the league plays Wednesday/Saturday or Thursday/Sunday also.

I think some of these suggestions are quite sensible.

I also think there still needs to be more done to make it more encouraged for people to look in custom worlds somehow, ESPECIALLY off the back of the veterans being given their own worlds. Especially with leagues using unusual teams, some of them will be sadly overlooked despite having pretty good managers in them. I believe this is something SM themselves said they were working on a while ago anyway.