Player concerns are getting out of hand. Am I supposed to have 11 good players and then a bunch of 75s so I can make everyone happy? How can I manage concerns if I have matches every two days and I can't start the same player due to low fitness? There's no balance now.

Player concerns are getting out of hand. Am I supposed to have 11 good players and then a bunch of 75s so I can make everyone happy? How can I manage concerns if I have matches every two days and I can't start the same player due to low fitness? There's no balance now.

Rather use a team of moderately rated players and some high rated ones and keep it small. Like of you have Suarez, Cavani as 2 of your strikers try having players like Dybala and Coman as your other 2 strikers so they don't ask for more games as they know they'll be only used in easy matches or of they are playing exceptionally well.

Hi all!

Did you read this on the blog?

http://blog.soccermanager.com/multiplayer/squad-management-soccer-manager-worlds#.Vy3nQSFWJvo

Something doesn’t convince me. The main point is the following: since SMFA cup games do not count in order to determine the number of eligible games, should I take them into account or not when computing the games a player actually played?
The answer to this question leads to very different scenarios in dealing with player concerns…
Is it just a matter of being in a Gold Championship or not?

if Ronaldo or Messi have reached 100% of games played, but a quarter or half of them coming off the bench, in real life that would never happen. This is because they are superstars, and if that were to happen then rest assure they would complain about it and possibly ask for a transfer.

Yes, sure. But both play two matches on week in real world, not three. Need to rest all them if I want to win some cup.

Try to leave on bench Ronaldo in real life in cup match for resting...

Sat LEAGUE - Mon CUP - Wed LEAGUE - SAT LEAGUE

This is wrong if we speak of real world.

• Your 5 highest rated players and those rated 94 plus expect to play in approximately 80% of eligible games;
  • Players rated 92 plus expect to play in approximately 75% of eligible games;
  • Players that would expect to be in your first choice line-up and those rated 90 plus will expect to play in approximately 65% of eligible games;
  • Players that would expect to be a substitute if you selected your first choice line-up and those rated 89 plus will expect to play in approximately 30-40% of games.
  • The rest of the players within your squad will only expect to play a few (if any) games.

This is the new rules. SMFA group games dont count in Gold GW (knockout games werent explicitly mentioned, but by the word group being in there one can assume that differntiation means SMFA knockout ties DO count).

As always injury and suspension do not count.

So I think that is a fair breakdown and fair math. The only thing i would ask for based on these figures, is a 33% reduction in fitness loss. I do think those figured are fair, but when you have say 1XCL, 1xCUP, 2xLeague late in a succesfull GC season, your top 5 players need to play on averge in all 4 of those games, realisticalyy andone 92+ needs to play 3. that can be very tough. IF we got a minor drop in fatigue levels i truly think, based on what i see here, it would be the perfect balance.

SMFA group games dont count in Gold GW (knockout games werent explicitly mentioned, but by the word group being in there one can assume that differntiation means SMFA knockout ties DO count).

Mhm. But then what happens in Standard GW?

I suppose SMFA games do not count at all there.

Then I think, after some calculation, that if one has a starting 11 of 93/94 average, it's almost impossible to keep a reserve team of 90 average. That's what I managed to do with a small club after years of hard scouting work.

As an example, my starting defense line is

azpilicueta 92, godin 94, alaba 93, alba 92

Gimenez 90 and Laporte 90 are now reserves, and since I think they are very good, I expect they will rise and I plan to put them in the starting team, selling out Azpilicueta and Alba for example. But I'm afraid player concerns will soon destroy my plan, either forcing to put Gimenez and Laporte in the first team before they reach 92 or simply to say them good bye.

• Your 5 highest rated players and those rated 94 plus expect to play in approximately 80% of eligible games;
  • Players that would expect to be in your first choice line-up and those rated 90 plus will expect to play in approximately 65% of eligible games;
  • Players that would expect to be a substitute if you selected your first choice line-up and those rated 89 plus will expect to play in approximately 30-40% of games.
  • The rest of the players within your squad will only expect to play a few (if any) games.

This is the new rules. SMFA group games dont count in Gold GW (knockout games werent explicitly mentioned, but by the word group being in there one can assume that differntiation means SMFA knockout ties DO count).

So I think that is a fair breakdown and fair math. The only thing i would ask for based on these figures, is a 33% reduction in fitness loss. I do think those figured are fair, but when you have say 1XCL, 1xCUP, 2xLeague late in a succesfull GC season, your top 5 players need to play on averge in all 4 of those games, realisticalyy andone 92+ needs to play 3. that can be very tough. IF we got a minor drop in fatigue levels i truly think, based on what i see here, it would be the perfect balance.

I also hate it when a player returns from injury and I have to rest him for a (few) ties before he has regained enough fitness. They should return fully fit.

Does 94 plus mean more than 94? Usually it does. I'm hoping it's not 94 or more.

Has this feature been tweaked again?

Just this week got in 2 different teams players with 30+ apps and even one with 40 apps (!) getting concerns… what the hell?

The rules are your highest 5 rated players and any player rated 94 and above expects to play 80% of all league games, the two cup competitions where you lose fitness and probably the charity shield too.

Add up all these games and multiply by .8 and that's the supposed magic number to keep players happy. SMFA competitions where fitness isn't reduced are not games players expect to play, whether they count positively for games played I don't know.

The rules are your highest 5 rated players and any player rated 94 and above expects to play 80% of all league games, the two cup competitions where you lose fitness and probably the charity shield too.

Add up all these games and multiply by .8 and that's the supposed magic number to keep players happy. SMFA competitions where fitness isn't reduced are not games players expect to play, whether they count positively for games played I don't know.

Are you dead sure that 94 plus means "rated 94 and above" instead of "more than 94"? Usually it's the latter. Also, the next step after "89 plus" is "90 plus". Maybe the plus in "89 plus" is just a typo or it isn't a typo and it does mean more than 89.

My Understanding is that is 94 and above. if Liverpool score 3+ goals it means including three in conventional English.

I agree with the injury statement above, if they come back but are on bench for 2 games then thats 2 missed opportunities held against you. Also, players who are NMF should not count like a suspension (i never play NMF anyway and very very rarely have players get to there due to squad management - but if the new rules make squads tighter back end of a successful season will see ti crop up)

By these rules, if you have two 90 players in any one position, one of them will eventually develop concerns because it's impossible for both to play at least 65% of the matches as 65+65=130%.

If you have any 94+ player he will definitely develop concerns as it is IMPOSSIBLE to play 80% of the games due to fitness loss. Same goes for players rated 92+.

More, if your 89 rated players expect up to 40% of the matches and they are substitutes for your 94+ rated players, they will obviously develop concerns as 40+80=120% !!

For anyone able to do basic math this will lead you to have only a team with under 89 rated players for substitutes and a main team composed by 89 and 90 rated players to avoid concerns.

If any of your players goes from 90 to 92 or 94, you have to sell it immediately to avoid it developing concerns and losing value. Anyway, your top 5 players (don't know how you pick it from a team with some 6 or 7 players with the same rate) will eventually develop concerns.

All major teams are composed by 21 to 26 89+ rated players. All those teams will eventually have to deal with concerns. Can you tell me how on hell is this solving the problem of teams having a 150+ player squad ? Is the real life Real Madrid/Barcelona/etc squad a player hogging squad with lots of unhappy players ?

Each change made to this game gets it one step closer to having no players at all. New interface, new prizes/player values, new concern system, the list keeps growing. Good job.

By these rules, if you have two 90 players in any one position, one of them will eventually develop concerns because it's impossible for both to play at least 65% of the matches as 65+65=130%.

If you have any 94+ player he will definitely develop concerns as it is IMPOSSIBLE to play 80% of the games due to fitness loss. Same goes for players rated 92+.

More, if your 89 rated players expect up to 40% of the matches and they are substitutes for your 94+ rated players, they will obviously develop concerns as 40+80=120% !!

For anyone able to do basic math this will lead you to have only a team with under 89 rated players for substitutes and a main team composed by 89 and 90 rated players to avoid concerns.

If any of your players goes from 90 to 92 or 94, you have to sell it immediately to avoid it developing concerns and losing value. Anyway, your top 5 players (don't know how you pick it from a team with some 6 or 7 players with the same rate) will eventually develop concerns.

All major teams are composed by 21 to 26 89+ rated players. All those teams will eventually have to deal with concerns. Can you tell me how on hell is this solving the problem of teams having a 150+ player squad ? Is the real life Real Madrid/Barcelona/etc squad a player hogging squad with lots of unhappy players ?

Each change made to this game gets it one step closer to having no players at all. New interface, new prizes/player values, new concern system, the list keeps growing. Good job.

Alot of things wrong with the staement there. A) 90 rated double up player very rarely has only  position and would likely rotate through 2 or 3 positions. B) with subs even in that case rotating and subbing 1.5/2 games is 75% so possible. Again with the 89 rated player point the will get subbed on some games meaning 120% inst unacheiveable you have done your maths on only the apps form starters. Keep in mind any time an injury or suspension comes in there is a "free" game for the 90 rated bench guy or 89 sub as you mentionen. Aguero out for 2 months? great there is a 20 game run for your 90 rated forward and Injuries are a fact of the game so you can almosy add 10% on to any expected play time for any bench player per season.

Selling part is just melodramatic.

It is not at all impossible for 94 rated payers to play 80% of games. manage your squad and this can be done, though as above it is tight and i have asked for a reduction in fitness so i do agree with your sentiment.

I want to manage a virtual football team on an online game.

I didn't realise I'd need an advanced maths certificate just to work out how to keep my players happy.

Fine, hogging needs to be dealt with, but having to work out, in advance, how many games each player needs to play just to keep them free of concerns is utter shullbit.

Do we really think Mourinho/Guardiola/van gaal sit down in July with a list of all their players and a fixture calendar and count it all out?

Where the hell has all the fun gone in this game? It used to be amazing with the anticipation of risers, and trying to outsmart people tactically.

Now you never know if anyone will rise, let alone when, and tactics are out the window with a higher rated team winning everything - as long as you can keep them all happy!

ARGH!!!

A good rule to avoid concerns is a squad like this.

25 players

-11 main XI 90+. play them as titular as long as they have 85% fitness up, and from time to time it's okay to do turnover (like in national cups)

-1 backup keeper 87- (at 88+, gk wants 90% of appearence, so you can't rotate two 88+ gk and keep both happy)

-10 outfield players of 89-  rating (like up to 3x 89 as first sub to cover defense, midfield and attack - always sub them in at every game and play them  as titular when a titular is not available and in turnover, while keep  the rest of 88-  range as they don't demand certain % of gametime, you can give them a few presences and they're cool with that)

-3 extra jolly 88- players who can cover as many position as possible for depth. As they are going to be reserve of reserves, they can have lower ratings than your second XI, they will likely play very rarely (like sub in complete turnovers, and some presences due to big emergencies with a lot of absents)

That's all your team really needs.

Concerns are fair, you can clearly see IRL as well that top players becomes annoyed when they don't have enough gametime (Marquinhos in PSG, etc..)

Looking at the number breakdown not convinced some of the most expensive clubs to reserve are viable to manage with original squad now.

Would think thats a key issue & those that spend alot to get such clubs should be fully aware before purchase. 

The Help has been updated re the Lack of Games concern and is in black and white for all to see:

In a typical Game World, with 38 league games, a player evaluates their season at regular intervals. This usually occurs around Turns 12, 24 and 36.

At each interval a player will have a 'target' number of games that they will have expected to play. Every game that a player could lose fitness in, counts towards their target.

Within your squad each player's target is worked out below:

• Your 5 highest rated players and those rated 94 or higher expect to play in approximately 80% of the number of Turns;
  • Players rated 92 or higher expect to play in approximately 75% of the number of Turns;
  • Players that would expect to be in your first choice line-up and those rated 90 or higher will expect to play in approximately 65% of the number of Turns;
  • Players that would expect to be a substitute if you selected your first choice line-up and those rated 89 or higher will expect to play in approximately 30-40% of the number of Turns.
  • The rest of the players within your squad will only expect to play a few (if any) of the number of Turns.
Goalkeepers are worked out slightly differently, with your highest rated and those 88 or higher expecting to play in approximately 90% of the number of Turns.

Please note that with regards to substitutions, if a player comes on as a substitute then it will count as half an appearance irrespective of what minute they entered the match.

For example, in a league with 38 games (38 Turns) a 94 rated or higher player expects to play in 31 games were they lose fitness. This could be 25 league starts, 8 substitute appearances and 2 cup games. Alternatively 31 league starts (missing 1 in every 6 league games) and no cup games.

In an English Championship for example, there are 38 Turns and therefore a 95 rated player would expect to play in 31 games were they lose fitness. You don't lose any fitness in SMFA games in non-Gold Game Worlds. Sometimes you play more than one game per Turn if you have a domestic cup game. So players aren't expected to play in both and if they do then it's like a bonus game.

Concerns are very manageable if you have a sensible well balanced squad and don't hog players. I've recently blogged about this and you can read my thoughts on squad management here. I can't comment on the majority of posts within this thread as insufficient information has been posted. However, where examples have been given, the concerns look fully justified. This is also the same for the bug tickets that have been flagged for my attention.

Il'l give you an example of one that I looked at this morning as they were reporting that a 90 rated AM©,F(RLC) 22-year-old had developed a L5 Lack of Games concern and that they wanted this removing. I looked into this in more detail. This Game World has just moved into a new season and currently on Turn 1. Last season the aforementioned player played a grand total of zero games. In fact this player has never played for his team since he was signed. A 90 rated player expects to play in 65% of the number of Turns. Is anyone else surprised that this player eventually handed in a transfer request?

Obviously this manager will miss this player because he'll struggle with the alternatives in a 99 AM(RL),F(RLC), 99 AM,F(RLC), 96 AM,F(RLC), 95 AM©,F(RLC), 94 F(RLC), 94 AM,F(RLC), 94 AM,F(RLC), 94 AM,F(RLC), 92 AM(RLC),F(RL), 91 AM(RLC),F(RL), 90 F©, 90 AM(L),F(LC) and 90 AM(RLC),F(RL). I'll stop there with their attacking options as you get the general idea.

This isn't the exception but is the norm from those that have submitted bug tickets. In a nutshell they all have what i'd call a "Super Squad" and are player hogging.

If anyone believes that their players have wrongly got a concern then you will need to raise a Bug ticket which can be done via Help. If you do post within this thread or the Help section, then it'd help if you posted your squad with the relevant stats. This is because others may be able to offer advice on were you are going wrong with managing your squad.

In an English Championship for example, there are 38 Turns and therefore a 95 rated player would expect to play in 31 games were they lose fitness. You don't lose any fitness in SMFA games in non-Gold Game Worlds. Sometimes you play more than one game per Turn if you have a domestic cup game. So players aren't expected to play in both and if they do then it's like a bonus game.

This is the only thing that I'm confused on still. Surely all domestic cup games occur within a turn (In English and European championships) and thus no player would expect to play more than the correct % (according to their rating) of 38 games per season. 

If that were correct the maximum a player would expect to play is 31 games in a season (rounding up from 30.4 - which is mathematically incorrect to round up but hey ho worst case scenario!) but I got a lvl 1 concern with Busquets playing 32 games in a season. (league and domestic cup competitions only).

Unless I'm missing something it seems players are expecting to play the league and cup games?

It would help if the loan system was more flexible, especially for goalkeepers.  I have a first team average of above 90 and yet cannot loan out players rated 88 or above despite their age.  Surely a young player who is not near the standard of the first team would be happy to go out on loan to get playing time. But instead we are stuck with a system where the player is unhappy over a lack of games but can’t be loaned out.  You should be able to loan out any under 90 players of a certain age (ie under 23).

It’s even more ridiculous with goalkeepers as 88 and above rated expect to play so much despite age. Fair enough when they reach a certain age and standard they will want to be first choice at their parent club, but are you really expected to replace someone like Hart with Donnarumma once he hits 88 aged 18? At most top clubs he would be a back up keeper and would be happy to be out on loan to get playing time at that age. Its like its forcing people to choose between remaining competitive or staying loyal to risers they have spent a lot of patience on. Theres just no balance.

Hope it works as planned but strikes me as yet another gamble that could effect manager numbers. 

Putting alot of faith in managers to read the forum / blog & adapt squad to new rules rather than just quit the club when you log in to find a load of concerns. 

The Help has been updated re the Lack of Games concern and is in black and white for all to see:

In a typical Game World, with 38 league games, a player evaluates their season at regular intervals. This usually occurs around Turns 12, 24 and 36.

At each interval a player will have a 'target' number of games that they will have expected to play. Every game that a player could lose fitness in, counts towards their target.

Ok that is with a 38 games game world like a World champ, English champ, Spanish champ, etc. But what is the case with game worlds with lesser teams. What will happen in European championship where there are 14 games in a season? What happens in an Australian championship where there are 18 games in a season?

I see a lot of player hogging in European championships as your given criteria doesn't fit to these game worlds. They are very entertaining GWs and doesn't require a bigger team like in a 38 games per season ones but still there are tanks with 100, 200 players in a team which is ruining them.