Wouldn't it be easier to put a rational limit of, let's say, 60 to 70 players on any team than implementing a bad system that does not work ?

If a manager wins enough competitions, buys rising stars that jump from 75 to 90+ in a few seasons, why should he be punished for succeeding in this game ?

You'r just killing the fun...

The Help has been updated re the Lack of Games concern and is in black and white for all to see:

In a typical Game World, with 38 league games, a player evaluates their season at regular intervals. This usually occurs around Turns 12, 24 and 36.

At each interval a player will have a 'target' number of games that they will have expected to play. Every game that a player could lose fitness in, counts towards their target.

Within your squad each player's target is worked out below:

• Your 5 highest rated players and those rated 94 or higher expect to play in approximately 80% of the number of Turns;
  • Players rated 92 or higher expect to play in approximately 75% of the number of Turns;
  • Players that would expect to be in your first choice line-up and those rated 90 or higher will expect to play in approximately 65% of the number of Turns;
  • Players that would expect to be a substitute if you selected your first choice line-up and those rated 89 or higher will expect to play in approximately 30-40% of the number of Turns.
  • The rest of the players within your squad will only expect to play a few (if any) of the number of Turns.
Goalkeepers are worked out slightly differently, with your highest rated and those 88 or higher expecting to play in approximately 90% of the number of Turns.

Please note that with regards to substitutions, if a player comes on as a substitute then it will count as half an appearance irrespective of what minute they entered the match.

For example, in a league with 38 games (38 Turns) a 94 rated or higher player expects to play in 31 games were they lose fitness. This could be 25 league starts, 8 substitute appearances and 2 cup games. Alternatively 31 league starts (missing 1 in every 6 league games) and no cup games.

In an English Championship for example, there are 38 Turns and therefore a 95 rated player would expect to play in 31 games were they lose fitness. You don't lose any fitness in SMFA games in non-Gold Game Worlds. Sometimes you play more than one game per Turn if you have a domestic cup game. So players aren't expected to play in both and if they do then it's like a bonus game.

Concerns are very manageable if you have a sensible well balanced squad and don't hog players. I've recently blogged about this and you can read my thoughts on squad management here. I can't comment on the majority of posts within this thread as insufficient information has been posted. However, where examples have been given, the concerns look fully justified. This is also the same for the bug tickets that have been flagged for my attention.

Il'l give you an example of one that I looked at this morning as they were reporting that a 90 rated AM©,F(RLC) 22-year-old had developed a L5 Lack of Games concern and that they wanted this removing. I looked into this in more detail. This Game World has just moved into a new season and currently on Turn 1. Last season the aforementioned player played a grand total of zero games. In fact this player has never played for his team since he was signed. A 90 rated player expects to play in 65% of the number of Turns. Is anyone else surprised that this player eventually handed in a transfer request?

Obviously this manager will miss this player because he'll struggle with the alternatives in a 99 AM(RL),F(RLC), 99 AM,F(RLC), 96 AM,F(RLC), 95 AM©,F(RLC), 94 F(RLC), 94 AM,F(RLC), 94 AM,F(RLC), 94 AM,F(RLC), 92 AM(RLC),F(RL), 91 AM(RLC),F(RL), 90 F©, 90 AM(L),F(LC) and 90 AM(RLC),F(RL). I'll stop there with their attacking options as you get the general idea.

This isn't the exception but is the norm from those that have submitted bug tickets. In a nutshell they all have what i'd call a "Super Squad" and are player hogging.

If anyone believes that their players have wrongly got a concern then you will need to raise a Bug ticket which can be done via Help. If you do post within this thread or the Help section, then it'd help if you posted your squad with the relevant stats. This is because others may be able to offer advice on were you are going wrong with managing your squad.

Why are cup games not included in player statistics but they effect concerns? I always rotate my players for cup games to reduce fitness issues.

I want to manage a virtual football team on an online game.

I didn't realise I'd need an advanced maths certificate just to work out how to keep my players happy.

Fine, hogging needs to be dealt with, but having to work out, in advance, how many games each player needs to play just to keep them free of concerns is utter shullbit.

Do we really think Mourinho/Guardiola/van gaal sit down in July with a list of all their players and a fixture calendar and count

This.

All the fun has gone.

Maybe I'm wrong but I've calculated on this way:

MAXIMUM TO PLAY IN A SEASON FOR A BIG TEAM - CALL TO WIN ALL THE TROPHY

38 league matches + 6 cup matches + 6 shield matches + 1 Supercup = 51  total matches in a season

No-concern percentual:

94+ > 80% = 40.8 matches needed
92+ > 75% = 38.25
90+ > 65% = 33.15
89+ > 40% = 20.4

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

TOP 5 PLAYERS | 94+ > 80% = 40.8 matches needed

minimum need: 38 league + 1 cup + 1 shield +1 supercup

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

OTHER 6 (STARTING 11) | 92+ > 75% = 38.25 matches needed

minimum need: 38 league + 1 cup/shield/supercup

NO-STARTING 11 | 90+ > 65% = 33.15 matches needed

minimum need: 38 bench league (17) + 6 cup + 6 shield + 1 supercup

30 matches on 33.15 needed = AUTOMATIC LEVEL CONCERN

I think it's impossible to have standard 90+ team without concern

In regular world, the standard team should have these players:

5 94+

6 92+

others: 89-

Maybe I'm wrong but I've calculated on this way:

MAXIMUM TO PLAY IN A SEASON FOR A BIG TEAM - CALL TO WIN ALL THE TROPHY

38 league matches + 6 cup matches + 6 shield matches + 1 Supercup = 51  total matches in a season

No-concern percentual:

94+ > 80% = 40.8 matches needed

92+ > 75% = 38.25

90+ > 65% = 33.15

89+ > 40% = 20.4

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

TOP 5 PLAYERS | 94+ > 80% = 40.8 matches needed

minimum need: 38 league + 1 cup + 1 shield +1 supercup

OTHER 6 (STARTING 11) | 92+ > 75% = 38.25 matches needed

minimum need: 38 league + 1 cup/shield/supercup

NO-STARTING 11 | 90+ > 65% = 33.15 matches needed

minimum need: 38 bench league (17) + 6 cup + 6 shield + 1 supercup

30 matches on 33.15 needed = AUTOMATIC LEVEL CONCERN

I think it's impossible to have standard 90+ team without concern

In regular world, the standard team should have these players:

5 94+

6 92+

others: 89-

TURNS. DID WE ALL NOT SEE THE TURNS BIT!!!!!  The cup and shield games will be still in a normal turn so a freebie.

Therefore if we count teh supercup 94+ and 5 best have to play 39x.8 or 31.2 (32 games) of the 51. That is hardly overwhelming. Readjust all your maths to base it on 38 games (normal sized league) and count all cup and shileds as absolute freebies.you will find a strong squad is possible. Not a stupidly hoggy one, but a strong one.

TURNS. DID WE ALL NOT SEE THE TURNS BIT!!!!!  The cup and shield games will be still in a normal turn so a freebie.

Therefore if we count teh supercup 94+ and 5 best have to play 39x.8 or 31.2 (32 games) of the 51. That is hardly overwhelming. Readjust all your maths to base it on 38 games (normal sized league) and count all cup and shileds as absolute freebies.you will find a strong squad is possible. Not a stupidly hoggy one, but a strong one.

I don't understand.

Cup and shield (not SMFA cup or SMFA Shield) count for total matches were they lose fitness, or not?

We talk about a GW with 20 teams = 38 league matches.

Cup and shield lose fitness. Road to final goes on 6 matches each (first turn automatic passed).

Supercup lose fitness, so we have 38+1+6+6= 51 matches to count for the math.

Do you say we have 51 possible matches (if we play two domestic cup/shield final and supercup) to play but we count only 38 matches? :)

I don't understand.

Cup and shield (not SMFA cup or SMFA Shield) count for total matches were they lose fitness, or not?

We talk about a GW with 20 teams = 38 league matches.

Cup and shield lose fitness. Road to final goes on 6 matches each (first turn automatic passed).

Supercup lose fitness, so we have 38+1+6+6= 51 matches to count for the math.

Do you say we have 51 possible matches (if we play two domestic cup/shield final and supercup) to play but we count only 38 matches? :)

:D

You however have to consider 38 games (turns). National Cup games make players' management much easy. Because you can sum all games (where player lose fit) played and divide it by 38 to find (n)%.

So if a player need 80% of 38 games you can reach the target in different ways:

e.g.1: 31 league games;

e.g.2: 28 league games and 2 National Cup games and 1 National Shield games;

e.g.3: 22 league games and 4 National Cup games and 4 National Shield games; 1 Charity game;

etc. etc.

Considering you would use the same GK for all League/Cups matches, GK will overdose 100%, so he could reach 110% of games needed or more but you could have the same results with other players if they plays every useful game if you go on in domestic cups and they didn't get injuries or bans

I had a concerns review in my other game world last week and only got one concern after getting about 8 in my first game world that prompted me to start posting here. I don't know if anything has changed but it seems odd to get so many concerns in one world (European Championship) and 1 in my English championship. I manage them similarly and have squads about the same size.

I'm still not sure how my Busquets got a level 1 concern after 31 games played on turn 37 and the other players too were a bit of a surprise. I cant check these stats any longer as the player stats screen only shows league performances historically so its uninformative.

Big fan of player unhappiness rules - I just lost Thomas Mueller ;) but thats my own fault

The process needs to be speeded up and reduce the levels of unhappiness down to 3 levels

We still urgently need proper squad size limits of say 50 to 60 players

Now the rules are clear think all but one of my clubs are fine if I rotate correctly but it sure sucks the fun out of the game.

Added in an aspect of maths & taken out the joy of risers.

You now log in hoping none of your players have hit the 88 & above mark. 

This new system kills all the fun in the game for those who spent years building an impressive squad!
Instead of destroying the game you should address real problems like leagues with just a couple of active players.

Stop killing the game and just reverse this changes.

Put a decent limit on the squad size and it will be enough !

This new system kills all the fun in the game for those who spent years building an impressive squad!

Instead of destroying the game you should address real problems like leagues with just a couple of active players.

Stop killing the game and just reverse this changes.

Put a decent limit on the squad size and it will be enough !

Building a impressive squad. Ok. Building a massively large impressive squad... No OK. This needs to be addressed and it is being.

The squad cap thing you are taking about will still make some people have Ronaldo, Messi, Suarez, Neymar, Griezmann, Lewandowski, Muller & Reus in a single squad and kill all the fun for others coz they'll be in no position to have their favourite players and the gw will die eventually. But this system will not. It ask player hoggers to address concerns or risk losing the players.

But look at squads like Bayern & Barca you've already got the majority of the best players in their position on the game and money to spend to get better replacements to strengthen the squad for example Lewandowski to replace Suarez. Reus to replace Messi. Etc. It's not the managers fault that Barcelona are the best team in the world.

It is true that the biggest killer of a game world is when only a few teams own all the best players so I'm in favour of them on the whole.

I wont be sure until my team that got loads of concerns last time it got reviewed gets it next review but judging by another gameworld they seem to have been toned down since I started posting here.

But look at squads like Bayern & Barca you've already got the majority of the best players in their position on the game and money to spend to get better replacements to strengthen the squad for example Lewandowski to replace Suarez. Reus to replace Messi. Etc. It's not the managers fault that Barcelona are the best team in the world.

Then in no way they'll be getting concerns if they play players like Barcelona or Bayern does. And they don't. I haven't heard people getting concerns for using a default Barcelona squad.

Building a impressive squad. Ok. Building a massively large impressive squad... No OK. This needs to be addressed and it is being.

The squad cap thing you are taking about will still make some people have Ronaldo, Messi, Suarez, Neymar, Griezmann, Lewandowski, Muller & Reus in a single squad and kill all the fun for others coz they'll be in no position to have their favourite players and the gw will die eventually. But this system will not. It ask player hoggers to address concerns or risk losing the players.

This.

Either you play your top players or you lose them.

Regarding this, concerns should be speeded up a lot, like 3 levels of "lack of game" instead of 5, at level 1- concerned, at level 2 - very concerned and level 3 - immediate transfer request (and for different type of concerns all joined together, in this case to a sum of 5) 

There are too many SM teams with 90+ outfield players and 88+ gk rotting the bench, and as clearly seen IRL top players do get annoyed if they don't play regularly in their club.

It was far better when you could pay off player concerns. Yeah ok, it meant people would hoggers for longer, but at a cost. Paying off a level 4 concern at say £3m and then putting that player from 100k a week to 180k. I keep losing players and I don't have squads with Lewandowski, Reus, Ronaldo, Messi, Aguero and co.... but still seem to be losing good players to bs concerns. 

It was far better when you could pay off player concerns. Yeah ok, it meant people would hoggers for longer, but at a cost. Paying off a level 4 concern at say £3m and then putting that player from 100k a week to 180k. I keep losing players and I don't have squads with Lewandowski, Reus, Ronaldo, Messi, Aguero and co.... but still seem to be losing good players to bs concerns. 

So player hoggers can hog even longer? No thanks!

If a gk is 88+ or an outfield player 90+, that player want to play the majority of games  -  period.

So either you play him regularly or you lose him, it's fair and square.

It happens IRL as well.

Assuming you have 11 90+ as main XI, for backups it's better to have 87- gk, and the rest of outfield 89- (the 89s require 30/40% gametime, so up to 3 - one for defense, one for midfield, one for attack - use them as subs and first reserves... the rest 88- and enjoy no concerns).

Alright guys. yeah basically u know with player concerns I wanted to know what it means when it says a player in your squad has gone up a level in concerns and then your chairman has negotiated a new contract with them and their concerns have been dropped but they haven't why??

Also I am in English Championship 9263 and World Championship 33190 and I was wondering if they are both custom game worlds m8??

I also wanted to know if there are any ways to turn off player concerns or address them somehow because it seems like a lot of my players on both teams have concerns and I don't want them getting to level 5 and leaving because they are mostly top players etc and I know that u have to play players 80% of the time to avoid concerns and that is harder to do if they are lesser players for example.

Alright bro. Can u help me pal basically u know with player concerns I wanted to know what it means when it says a player in your squad has gone up a level in concerns and then your chairman has negotiated a new contract with them and their concerns have been dropped but they haven't why??

Also I am in English Championship 9263 and World Championship 33190 and I was wondering if they are both custom game worlds m8??

I also wanted to know if there are any ways to turn off player concerns or address them somehow because it seems like a lot of my players on both teams have concerns and I don't want them getting to level 5 and leaving because they are mostly top players etc and I know that u have to play players 80% of the time to avoid concerns and that is harder to do if they are lesser players for example.

Alright bro. Can u help me pal basically u know with player concerns I wanted to know what it means when it says a player in your squad has gone up a level in concerns and then your chairman has negotiated a new contract with them and their concerns have been dropped but they haven't why??

You would have to ask to the owner of the gameworld about "turning off" concerns - there should be an option.

The "concern pay off" feature is gone.  

It's only fair and square that most of them are concerned - top players wants to play most of the games, exactly like IRL.

Either you play them, or you lose them. At this point, you are better off selling most of your concerned players and to get as much as possible for them (before their economical value drop more and more), and sticking to just 11, playing them until they lose their concerns as long as they are fit enough to play. For the backups, choose an 87- gk, and for outfield player 10+ 89- (with maximum up to 3x 89, one for defense, one for midfield, one for strikers and use them as first subs, the rest 88- ). In this way, you can drop and nullify the concerns of the 11 top players you choose (assuming they aren't already very concerned to the point that you would require to play them more games than the possible ones until next checks) and enjoy then a concern-free squad.