brocky64

Brazil Serie A – WhoScored ratings of U21 players

Hey -JMH-, thanks for the insight! Forgot there was the Copa America coming up, so that might shake things up a bit you're right.

So to provide some stats on players you've mentioned that aren't in the top 10 list:

• Matheus Sales has been in and out of the starting XI for Palmeiras, but did play 90 mins in his last game. Currently ranked 17th in the list.
  • Thiago Maia has played every minute so far for Santos, but is currently only ranked 26th (so not playing too well presumably)
  • Gerson – should I know about him? Has only played 72 minutes so far for Fluminense.
  • Clayton has also been in and out of the team and also doesn't seem to be playing that well.
  • Carlos Carvalho played 90 minutes last game, but again has a pretty low WhoScored rating considering SM rate him at 84.
  • Andrigo has quite a lot of minutes, but would be ranked 27th in performance.

Is Leo Duarte on the SM database!? 

Hey -JMH-, thanks for the insight! Forgot there was the Copa America coming up, so that might shake things up a bit you're right.

So to provide some stats on players you've mentioned that aren't in the top 10 list:

• Matheus Sales has been in and out of the starting XI for Palmeiras, but did play 90 mins in his last game. Currently ranked 17th in the list.
  • Thiago Maia has played every minute so far for Santos, but is currently only ranked 26th (so not playing too well presumably)
  • Gerson – should I know about him? Has only played 72 minutes so far for Fluminense.
  • Clayton has also been in and out of the team and also doesn't seem to be playing that well.
  • Carlos Carvalho played 90 minutes last game, but again has a pretty low WhoScored rating considering SM rate him at 84.

He signed for Roma last summer for E17m, there was interest from barca and juve, rated as one of the big young talents in the world.

Flamengo's Leo Duarte is not on the database yet but he should be added soon. He's been in the starting 11 since Wallace left and has been doing some pretty good work.

Flamengo's having difficulties to recruit defenders, but even if they do manage to do it Leo Duarte will be a serious challenger for the starting spot if he continues playing the way he has been playing. :)

what can you tell me of Monteiro Felipe, who signed for Porto?

he's a good defender, one of the bests in brazil actually

and i agree with everything -JMH- said.

also, Roger Guedes is getting minutes and goals for Palmeiras with good appearances.

Gameweek 6

fnuxKK3.png

Points of interest:

• Gabriel Jesus returns to top!
  • Really frustrating that Lucão keeps getting in and out of the team. He's played the least amount of minutes in the top 10 but has put in good performances. (statistically)

Everton Felipe of Sport recife worth picking up?

Hmm, well he has a fair amount of minutes for an 18 year old (365/540) but Sport Recife aren't doing too well so far, nor is he playing particularly well (around 46th in the rankings).

So, I would suppose he may get a small rise due to minutes maybe 77 or 78 but at least in my gameworld he has been valued highly at £700k for someone rated 75. If you're looking for a quick buck, I think there are better options out there.

Between Reis and Batista, who would be a better buy? In terms of talent and long term rises

too early to say.

Id be inclined to say Artur. Internacional have a thin squad this year, Geferson has disappeared since shoulder surgery start of the year so maybe still working on getting match fit

Pretty sure Reis will lose his spot as Eugenio Mena has been away with Chile for many weeks so he will return after Copa America, also Michel Bastos has been injured

Gameweek 7

Players are getting rises and new players are getting added onto the database, so it's an interesting time for Serie A players. Here's the top 10 for week 7:

97n4xFL.png

Points of interest:

• The two ratings in bold (Giorgian De Arrascaeta and Vitor Bueno) indicate that their rating has changed. GDA got +1 and VB got +4 to 80.
  • Only one new player this week, and that is Vitor Bueno who is getting a lot of game time for Santos.
  • I'm quite perplexed as to some of the rating changes, like Marcos Guilherme of Atletico PR who ranking wise is all the way down in 75th (of 96 players) but got a +2 to 85. He hasn't even played a lot of minutes so unless there's something I'm missing that's an odd one.
  • Silva Lucão is not getting a game (is he injured?), but that doesn't seem to be a reason not to give him a higher ranking. If he continues to not play however, I'll demote him from the top 10.

Gameweek 7

Players are getting rises and new players are getting added onto the database, so it's an interesting time for Serie A players. Here's the top 10 for week 7:

97n4xFL.png

Points of interest:

• The two ratings in bold (Giorgian De Arrascaeta and Vitor Bueno) indicate that their rating has changed. GDA got +1 and VB got +4 to 80.
  • Only one new player this week, and that is Vitor Bueno who is getting a lot of game time for Santos.
  • I'm quite perplexed as to some of the rating changes, like Marcos Guilherme of Atletico PR who ranking wise is all the way down in 75th (of 96 players) but got a +2 to 85. He hasn't even played a lot of minutes so unless there's something I'm missing that's an odd one.
  • Silva Lucão is not getting a game (is he injured?), but that doesn't seem to be a reason not to give him a higher ranking. If he continues to not play however, I'll demote him from the top 10.

RE Marcos Guilherme

stats dont dictate ratings solely. There are many many factors that have been discussed over the years on SM. 

Marcos Guilherme is a top prospect. Was fantastic last season.Key player in Brazils U20 team

Thanks for clearing that up – it's good to know the reasoning behind these changes!

Is he injured or something at the moment or has he just lost his place in the side?

just not favoured at the start by the current coach Autouri

Getting some more minutes currently.

This season they (Ath Par.) have more options in the x3 AM positions.

Andrade RICHARLISON, how big a prospect is he, he got a nice +3 this morning.

Was never a 'prospect' - helped lead the line in Serie B last season for America Mineiro. Got a move to Fluminense where he has been thrust into the first XI after Fred fell out with management (now departed)

Could well be a starter all season. Worth  signing now but see if he is productive. If he doesnt get goals - new strikers will come in, but he is being praised for doing the job of a target man.

Lucas Fernandes has played 207/720 minutes, which considering he's only 18 isn't too bad. Statistically he's done OK too – a WhoScored rating of 6.52 is pretty average and would sit around 43rd in the rankings.

That's all I've got...I'm sure JMH can give some better knowledge

Gameweek 8*

I'm going away today, so won't be able to update the rankings between Gameweek 8 and Gameweek 9. Therefore I've had to omit the game (for the moment) between Internacional and Atlético Mineiro.

j7QWZEW.png

Points of interest:

• Two new entrants. Gabriel Barbosa of Santos makes his first appearance, coinciding with his new rise to 87.
  • Douglas Augusto has recently been added to the database, and makes it onto the list immediately.
  • Wanderson Caju played for the first time this season for Santos and got a really high rating (would have been second in the rankings). However, as it's his first game I haven't included him.

Lucas Fernandes has played 207/720 minutes, which considering he's only 18 isn't too bad. Statistically he's done OK too – a WhoScored rating of 6.52 is pretty average and would sit around 43rd in the rankings.

That's all I've got...I'm sure JMH can give some better knowledge

dont buy him

suffered a major injury 2 days ago, out until 2017.

AML -  for the likes of Michel Bastos, Mena - been away with injury/international duties so was filling in for them

was a noteworethy mention for the Sao Paulo U20 cup.

dont buy him

suffered a major injury 2 days ago, out until 2017.

AML -  for the likes of Michel Bastos, Mena - been away with injury/international duties so was filling in for them

was a noteworethy mention for the Sao Paulo U20 cup.

Lol, have people bidding 5mil for him in one of my worlds. Very competitive world with squad cap of 50 and 100 committed managers, but still. 

Gameweek 9

Only four out of this week's top 10 have had a rating change so far, so there might still be time to pick up some of these players. The bold field in the SM Rating column denotes that their rating has changed already.

1S27Qiz.png

Gameweek 9 Bonus!

Below is a table of Under 21 players with the most minutes so far in the league. I have excluded any player that is currently in the top 10, just to freshen things up a bit. Players in bold mean they've played every minute so far.

JraESej.png

• Shoutout to Guilherme Gimenez who got a +6 to 82.
  • Ramon, Dodô and Duarte all have recently been added to the database, so it will take a bit of time before they rise I would assume.