Brazil Serie A – WhoScored ratings of U21 players

Players that were slightly too old but worth a mention

All of this season has been for players that started the season 21 or younger, but there were a few notable 22 year olds worth mentioning:

Ricardo Sassá – 80 > 83

Didn't play a huge amount of minutes or particularly well (according to WhoScored, 6.61) however did bag 12 goals for Botafogo, so I reckon he'll rise simply due to that. 

Gustavo Scarpa – 85 > 87

A converted left back (I think) with 8 goals and 10 assists...not a bad return for Fluminense. I think he'll definitely be on to bigger things and is one to watch. 3000 minutes and a WhoScored rating of 7.27 to throw into the bargain.

William Pottker – 78 > 83

A bargain buy I think. Currently valued at £500k, Pottker scored 14 goals for Ponte Preta he is surely due a pretty good rise.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Gameweek 22 Apologies to any followers of this post – no update in 7 weeks. Since the last time I posted, there have been two departures from the Brasileirão that regularly featured in the t

Week 21 – Back again Apologies for the break, life calls. Also I haven't really been playing much SM... Points of interest: As aforementioned, Richarlison moved to Watford and has

Week 14 Points of interest: I'm pretty sure Thiago Maia has moved to Lille now. That's what Wikipedia says anyway and that's a reputable source, right?! Anyway, I've taken him out of t

TL;DR – Just tell me who's good to buy please (in order more or less)

• Vitor Bueno - 80 > 84
  • Wanderson Caju - 78 - 82
  • Thiago Maia - 83 > 85
  • Raphael Veiga - 75 > 79
  • Emerson Santos - 77 > 81
  • Siqueira Jailson - 70 > 78
  • Douglas Augusto - 78 > 82
  • Roger Guedes - 80 > 83
  • Menezes Ramon - 80 > 82
  • Lyanco Vojnovic - 77 - 81
  • Gustavo Scarpa - 85 > 87

• Furtado William - 85 > 86
  • Giorgian De Arrascaeta - 86 > 87
  • Yerry Mina - 86...

Look out for the following players when they get added to the DB:

• David Neres
  • Nicolas Vichiatto

• 4 weeks later...
On 22/12/2016 at 6:56 AM, brocky64 said:

TL;DR – Just tell me who's good to buy please (in order more or less)

• Vitor Bueno - 80 > 84
  • Wanderson Caju - 78 - 82
  • Thiago Maia - 83 > 85
  • Raphael Veiga - 75 > 79
  • Emerson Santos - 77 > 81
  • Siqueira Jailson - 70 > 78
  • Douglas Augusto - 78 > 82
  • Roger Guedes - 80 > 83
  • Menezes Ramon - 80 > 82
  • Lyanco Vojnovic - 77 - 81
  • Gustavo Scarpa - 85 > 87

• Furtado William - 85 > 86
  • Giorgian De Arrascaeta - 86 > 87
  • Yerry Mina - 86...

Look out for the following players when they get added to the DB:

• David Neres
  • Nicolas Vichiatto

Heard Neres is linked with Ajax, was looking for him on the DB but couldn't find. Didn't know you had him on your list here first!

My team (São Paulo FC) has many good young players who are low cost in SM, and that should have good future, highlights:

Junior Tavares
Lucas Perri
Lyanco Vojnovic
Matheus Banguelê
Lucas Kal
Iago Maidana
Felipe Araruna
Luiz Araujo
Pedro Bortoluzo
Lucas Fernandes

Keep an eye on when they add David Neres and Shaylon.

Sorry my english

4 hours ago, RogerioCeni said:

My team (São Paulo FC) has many good young players who are low cost in SM, and that should have good future, highlights:

Junior Tavares
Lucas Perri
Lyanco Vojnovic
Matheus Banguelê
Lucas Kal
Iago Maidana
Felipe Araruna
Luiz Araujo
Pedro Bortoluzo
Lucas Fernandes

Keep an eye on when they add David Neres and Shaylon.

Sorry my english

@RogerioCeni – who do you rate highest out of these? According to my list, it would be Lyanco Vojnovic, but interested to hear what you think.

Had a few of these on my spreadsheet, minutes and rating below:

• Lyanco Vojnovic (77): 961 minutes, 6.97 rating
  • Matheus Banguelê (75) : 65 minutes, 6.58 rating
  • Pedro Bortoluzo (70): 51 minutes, 6.12 rating
  • Lucas Fernandes (77): 207 minutes, 6.52 rating 
3 hours ago, brocky64 said:

@RogerioCeni – who do you rate highest out of these? According to my list, it would be Lyanco Vojnovic, but interested to hear what you think.

Had a few of these on my spreadsheet, minutes and rating below:

• Lyanco Vojnovic (77): 961 minutes, 6.97 rating
  • Matheus Banguelê (75) : 65 minutes, 6.58 rating
  • Pedro Bortoluzo (70): 51 minutes, 6.12 rating
  • Lucas Fernandes (77): 207 minutes, 6.52 rating 

Junior was promoted this year to the professional, at first it's substitute, but should have good minutes of play for being the only left fullback of the cast at the moment.

Lucas Perri is the fourth option to be goalkeeper of the team, but a great goalkeeper, is in the Brazil U-20 team playing the Copa America.

Lyanco also starts the season as a substitute, must have good minutes of play in the season. Is among the main in the Brazil U20 for the America Cup.

Banguele was promoted in the middle of last season. This year was loaned to Novorizontino to compete in the Paulista Championship and gain more experience.

Lucas Kal was also promoted to the professional in the middle of last season, but still playing some matches in the U-20 team, he does not have minutes of play in the professional because the team has enough defenders, he must have loaned to smalls club to gain experience.

Araruna was promoted this year to the professional, very talented player, should have good opportunities, in the pre season training impressed greatly. The coach was amazed by his talent.

Luiz Araujo was promoted in the middle of last season, and played 22 matches. A very fast and skillful player, but needs to train kicks. It will have many minutes of game this season, will dispute the position of holder. Some say Lille made a proposal for him.

Bortoluzo played 10 matches last season, is still not ready and should be loaned this season to gain experience.

Lucas Fernandes, appointed the most talented of all the young people of São Paulo. There is a lot of expectation about it. He had a serious injury last season, otherwise he would have been the team's holder after the departure of PH Ganso. The fans love him. Will be a great player!

David Neres was promoted at the end of last season, started in a spectacular way, very talented player, fast and with many dribles. Have played 8 matches and scored 3 goals. The fans are very fond of him, great chances of starting the season among the main. He is competing in the  America Cup for the U-20 team among the main. Great talent, we trust him a lot!

Shaylon, was promoted this year to the pro. He was called to play for the Brazil U-20 America Cup, but the coach did not let him go. Great talent, a lot of gameplay and an attacking approach. He has shown himself a great player in the preseason, will have good minutes of game. There are great expectations about it. The coach was amazed by his talent.

My rank of those I believe to have greater talents:

1- Lucas Fernandes
2- David Neres
3- Shaylon
4- Araruna
5- Luiz Araujo
6- Lyanco

Again, sorry my english.

@jaybee – Doesn't look like it.

@RogerioCeni – Really interesting insight, thanks! No need to apologise for your English, it was perfectly understandable. Do you think if Lucas Fernandes was troubled by injury that it could affect his potential?

I'd be interested to see if Araruna starts next season, strange that he's not on the squad list on Soccerway (kind of my go to for more information on players). A good to pick up anyway as he is currently only 70 rated on SM.

Again, thanks for your response :)

18 hours ago, brocky64 said:

@jaybee – Doesn't look like it.

@RogerioCeni – Really interesting insight, thanks! No need to apologise for your English, it was perfectly understandable. Do you think if Lucas Fernandes was troubled by injury that it could affect his potential?

I'd be interested to see if Araruna starts next season, strange that he's not on the squad list on Soccerway (kind of my go to for more information on players). A good to pick up anyway as he is currently only 70 rated on SM.

Again, thanks for your response :)

About Lucas, we really do not know if he will be affected or not, he returned to training on the lawn a few weeks and did not participate in the pre-season matches that the team played. News says that he should only play matches starting in March, so it is to wait and hope that he has not affected.

As for Araruna, should not start the season among the main, but the coach has promised to give many opportunities to the youngest, because the club can not make big hirings due to the financial situation. Soccerway is well outdated, for example, some players who are no longer part of the team are still there.

Squads getting annouced for the regionals,

Luidy is left out of Corinthians roster, for he needs conditioning work. Very impressive in Serie B

Palmeiras talent Vitinho gets the nod after impressing in a friendly cameo v Chapecoense, over Hyoran who Palmeiras signed for 7M and refused to loan back to Chapecoense! Now he has no place in the squad!

1 hour ago, -JMH- said:

Rodrigao goes from hero to zero back to hero at Santos

will now lead the line after Ricardo Oliveiras illness and Kayke, Bruno Henrique not registering in time!

Was strongly tipped to leave Santos due to lack of playing time and the boards lack of faith as a capable understudy to Oliveira!

Well, he starts among the starters in today's game at the debut of the Campeonato Paulista. Anyway must be reserve during season, but can have good minutes of play, mainly on account of physicist Ricardo Oliveira  it's not the same anymore. And he only remained in the squad per a request from the coach, he should like his football, I particularly find it horrible, as most of Santos fans also think.

Sorry my english :)

15 minutes ago, RogerioCeni said:

Well, he starts among the starters in today's game at the debut of the Campeonato Paulista. Anyway must be reserve during season, but can have good minutes of play, mainly on account of physicist Ricardo Oliveira  it's not the same anymore. And he only remained in the squad per a request from the coach, he should like his football, I particularly find it horrible, as most of Santos fans also think.

Sorry my english :)

Your english is good! From what i understand Dorival wanted him to stay and the board wanted to loan out for 1 year, started well but lost his way, ended up behind Joel too

Once Kayke & Bruno Henrique are registered, they will play! plus Thiego Ribeiro is back this season!

3 hours ago, -JMH- said:

Your english is good! From what i understand Dorival wanted him to stay and the board wanted to loan out for 1 year, started well but lost his way, ended up behind Joel too

Once Kayke & Bruno Henrique are registered, they will play! plus Thiego Ribeiro is back this season!

Last season he started very well but dropped a lot. According to Rodrigão himself, this happened because he arrived in the middle of the season and he not made the pre-season together with his teammates, unlike this year.

In this year Rodrigão himself wanted to leave Santos afraid to lose space in the team, especially after an arrival from Kayke. He was looked for by Grêmio, Sport, Bahia and Vitória, but Dorival request the directors and Rodrigão himself to stay, because he trust him.

Although it does not please the great majority of Santos fans, it seems that Dorival really likes him and should have good opportunities. Let's wait!

2 hours ago, brocky64 said:

@jaybee @Sir Rahul Speak of the devil, David Neres got added today! £1.2m and 80 rated. Apparently won't join up with Ajax until Feb, will be interesting to see whether he jumps straight into their side mid-season.

Very surprised that i know very little of this kid , the first i heard was when he signed for Ajax so how good is he and who would you compare him to?

2 hours ago, brocky64 said:

@jaybee @Sir Rahul Speak of the devil, David Neres got added today! £1.2m and 80 rated. Apparently won't join up with Ajax until Feb, will be interesting to see whether he jumps straight into their side mid-season.

@brocky64 Yeah, I saw that this morning. I've put bids in on him for all games that he qualifies to play in. Hopefully I get him in as many as possible. 

@S04 – I was only aware of him through trying to keep this thread up to date with WhoScored ratings. He didn't play at all at the start of the season but then broke into the team in the second half of the season and ended up with 621 minutes. Pretty decent for a then 19 year old. 

He also had a really high WhoScored rating in those minutes, second only to Gabriel Jesus in rating (7.36) over the course of the season. I hadn't realised he'd moved to Ajax, but found out a bit more from this article.

The key thing from the article for me was that El Ghazi has moved to Lille in the latest transfer window, so has effectively opened up a spot in the team for him.