arsenalrocs

Worldwide Risers

In one of my previous posts I included a few sources where you can find info on talents, e.g.:

Scoutedfootball - https://twitter.com/scoutedftbl

http://sfhandbook.com/

IBWM - https://twitter.com/Inbedwimaradona

http://inbedwithmaradona.com/100/

OOTB - https://twitter.com/OOTB_football

http://outsideoftheboot.com/

You can always create a thread to collect these sources in one place. IBWM is my favo, SF runners-up and OOTB I don't visit that often TBH.

You can also ask/search for it on reddit. Quality of the answers can vary wildly but mess around enough and you'll (sort of) find what you're looking for. E.g. a relevant and very recent thread:

https://www.reddit.com/r/soccer/comments/6he0jh/scout_report_20170615/

whoscored.com for stats

transfermarkt for stats and injuries

whoout.com for injuries (IIRC physioroom only does the PL while whoout is quite decent)

soccerwiki for laughs

13 hours ago, BigGameMo said:

You are welcome to report whatever you'd like whenever you'd like to SM. You have no class using this as some sort of threat to get me to change my opinion.

This is stupid! Don't u think I would have reported you b4 now if I wasn't loathe to report someone. Your remarks saying SM are racist are senseless. Of course they ARE NOT RACIST. Does anyone on here actually agree they are?? I think your in a majority of one with this very extreme comment. Saying I have no class is "water off a ducks back" ... meaningless coming from you. Your in the wrong, just totally wrong to say SM are racist & refuse to apologise. It's legally deflamatory & SM could take you to court. Stupidity, total stupidity! Anyone else agree with him??

2 hours ago, rogerthat said:

Can't believe Golovin got only a +2 to 85. 2500+ minutes, Russia NT. Dont watch much russian football. Any more informed opinion as to why he didnt get a better rise?

I too was surprised he only got a +2.  I was expecting a rise to 86 or 87 even.  He is pretty much on a par with Roman Zobnin, who recently got to 87, so Golovin got short-changed in my opinion.

The only reason I can think of is that CSKA finished as Runners-up last season, when they were expected to win it again.  It would be a pretty lame reason considering some of the other rises but it's all I can think of.

Incidentally, Roman Zobnin picked up a long term injury during Russia's friendly against Hungary, which means he will be out of action for a minimum of 6 months.

Some of you may recall I mentioned on one of the threads recently about Spartak's new defender, Georgi Dzhikiya.  Well he has just been called up for Russia's Confederation Cup squad and hoping to make his debut.  He could be one to watch in the future.

Is the Russian League review going on? I'm waiting to see if Bekim Balaj gets a rise, or do i sell him.

Also  any thoughts on Hans Valaken? Thinking of buying him for long term. He's been scoring 8-9 goals every season. Should get a rise this year perhaps?

44 minutes ago, omardalvi said:

Is the Russian League review going on? I'm waiting to see if Bekim Balaj gets a rise, or do i sell him.

Also  any thoughts on Hans Valaken? Thinking of buying him for long term. He's been scoring 8-9 goals every season. Should get a rise this year perhaps?

Apart from Golovin the other Russian players were from the FNL. I'm not sure if it means they are setting up to start the RPL but possibly I suppose.

Balaj has a good chance of getting +1 so you could wait for a bit and get a few more bucks for him. Andrey Semenov, also from Terek, should see a bump to 86 too.

3 hours ago, omardalvi said:

Actually I would be surprised if he gets a rise Hans Vanaken, because he played the entire season on very low level. In the play-offs he played okay. So to get a +1, it looks like 25/75. If you want a player for long term from Belgium, I recommend you Ruslan Malinovskiy.

28 minutes ago, thorgan lesar said:

Actually I would be surprised if he gets a rise Hans Vanaken, because he played the entire season on very low level. In the play-offs he played okay. So to get a +1, it looks like 25/75. If you want a player for long term from Belgium, I recommend you Ruslan Malinovskiy.

Thorgan,

What is your opinion on Carlos Strandberg of Brugge? He was on loan to Westerloo during last season and they had a pretty bad season I think. But do you think Strandberg will break into the FC Brugge side next season?

Thanks

3 minutes ago, Nico66 said:

Thorgan,

What is your opinion on Carlos Strandberg of Brugge? He was on loan to Westerloo during last season and they had a pretty bad season I think. But do you think Strandberg will break into the FC Brugge side next season?

Thanks

Indeed, KVC Westerlo is playing now in division 2. Actually Carlos Strandberg didn't play much for KVC Westerlo and it's not so clear where his future is. Brugge has now with Dennis a new talent and has Moraes Wesley. I don't think he is going to play for Brugge next season. Maybe on loan to another club.

Any other questions ? ;) 

11 hours ago, Hail Mary said:

Do some research of their own could be a start. You have people asking who to buy, sell, what deals to accept/reject, what tactics to play- it's laughable. Why even play the game lol. 

Can you not see that there are different levels of knowledge? You're average transient football follower might know of these players called O. DEMBELE...and MBAPPE and that they are youngsters and certain to rise.

A follower beyond that might know a bit more, the likes of LOCATELLI, T. HERNANDEZ, ONYEKURU etc.

Then the really deep followers would know about the real obscure gems...like the under-18 stars already mentioned, J. SANCHO etc.

I am by no means the deepest level of knowledge and I don't particularly care to be, but I want the best players that will develop or make me money...which is why I come here. Sure I could trawl through 'upcoming youngsters' blog posts...but they are no necessarily accurate. Two good examples are EVANDER of Vasco Da Gama and Seung-Woo LEE of Barcelona B. Both were tipped to be the new NEYMAR and MESSI...yet having brought them a year ago and looking at their stats/development since then...this couldn't be further from the truth.

I don't have the inclination to trawl through the stats on whoscored and transfermarket. I would never have spotted ODRIOZOLA without this thread, because I don't really follow La Liga (besides Real, Barca, Athletico and a little Sevilla). Yet he rose...as predicted and seems to be a fairly promising youngster. Even if (hypothetically) I did already know about ODRIOZOLA and suspected him to be a likely riser...this thread serves as a good sounding board to confirm or disprove my suspicions.

Improvements in real life don't always correlate to improvements in soccerwiki (as we all know!). Some players are more likely to rise in soccerwiki than others, though no more deserving that the others. This thread is good at identifying...not those that have had good seasons or form...but those that are likely to rise. There can be a big difference (cough, cough...SALAH).

Finally...I am lucky to be in a game world that is saturated with real life managers. All clubs are taken by active human managers. This makes it interesting...and I definitely prefer it this way, but there is a downside. Signing a promising youngster is more difficult. If I don't want to pay a premium, I have to sign them quickly and from external clubs. This means I need the most up to date and obscure youngsters fast...and this thread it good at identifying them. 

6 minutes ago, MagnusCarlsen said:

giphy.gif

She peng.

But what's funny? Only girls (like the one depicted) choose a GW with few human managers...so that they can choose the best club and cherry pick the best players.

No competition there. No skill required.

7 hours ago, omardalvi said:

Ditto

I need to know if PROMES and EZATOLAHI are getting a rise.

If PROMES doesn't rise...or get a transfer to a big club before September 1st...I am thinking of getting rid and trying to sign FEKIR or T. HERNANDEZ. Although I hear that Roma are on the hunt for the Dutchman, for a similar transfer fee that Liverpool are expecting to pay for SALAH! Go figure...always said that PROMES was gold.

7 hours ago, thorgan lesar said:

Indeed, KVC Westerlo is playing now in division 2. Actually Carlos Strandberg didn't play much for KVC Westerlo and it's not so clear where his future is. Brugge has now with Dennis a new talent and has Moraes Wesley. I don't think he is going to play for Brugge next season. Maybe on loan to another club.

Any other questions ? ;) 

Thanks for your reply mate! 

6 hours ago, BrutBrutBrut said:

Can you not see that there are different levels of knowledge? You're average transient football follower might know of these players called O. DEMBELE...and MBAPPE and that they are youngsters and certain to rise.

Agreed.  But I think what the other guys were complaining about were the people that just expect others to tell them which players to keep/buy/sell and what deals to do without even taking a modicum of effort to do the job themselves.

3 hours ago, BrutBrutBrut said:

I need to know if PROMES and EZATOLAHI are getting a rise.

If PROMES doesn't rise...or get a transfer to a big club before September 1st...I am thinking of getting rid and trying to sign FEKIR or T. HERNANDEZ. Although I hear that Roma are on the hunt for the Dutchman, for a similar transfer fee that Liverpool are expecting to pay for SALAH! Go figure...always said that PROMES was gold.

Promes I think has a great chance to get 90.  By far the best player in the Russian league.  In any case I would hold on to him as he is being linked with several other clubs too (Tottenham for example) and I am pretty sure he will make a move this summer.

Ezatolahi may get a modest rise if anything.  Hyped as being the next Azmoun but so far has not lived up to expectations.  Made a few appearances for Rostov before being loaned out to Anzhi, where he mostly started on the bench.  I would say a +2 to 80 wouldn't be out of the question this next review but he will have to step up a notch or two to get any further (in my opinion).

With regards to @hoochy koochy's post, I agree that this has become a catch-all thread for deals, buy/sell/keep and new players etc. I can understand why people would post questions that are unrelated to risers on here because there are very few active threads on the forum. That being said, I agree with @Hail Mary that many of the buy/sell/keep questions can be answered with just a little research and digging especially when it comes to the players rated 82 and above. For players rated below that, I think that having the opinion of forumers who know certain leagues well is very useful since videos and stats never tell the full story. @thorgan lesar for Belgium, @Lucas Fiorino for Argentina, @Der Chefscout for Germany and so on and so forth. 

Recently, I think there have been too many arguments on this thread. All the infighting and disagreements has left a bad taste in my mouth. It's the Internet, where everybody has their own opinion. Too many people have been forceful about their opinion on here. Having a different opinion doesn't mean you get to insist upon yours. Especially when it comes to rating predictions where none of us even know for sure whether we are right. As @Hfazil likes to reiterate, nothing is guaranteed when it comes to rating predictions especially when we're dealing with highly rated players.

Having picked up a summer job, it hasn't been possible to be as active on the forum as before. Hence, explaining the absence of new lists of risers. That along with the fact that players, managers and even SM are on holiday right now could explain the low levels of activity on the forum. For now, I hope to still be able to carve out time to answer the various questions posted and to maybe pick up where I left off or to try out something new.

15 hours ago, rogerthat said:

Can't believe Golovin got only a +2 to 85. 2500+ minutes, Russia NT. Dont watch much russian football. Any more informed opinion as to why he didnt get a better rise?

Sold some of my players to get him but missed out. Was expecting him to rise to 86.

I think the Russian league will be next up. 

I would sell Balaj. 

Vanaken will stay unless he moves to a new club which doesn't seem likely. I would get someone else.

Koke or Thiago Alcantara? Both are available in my gameworld. I know very little about them both because I neither watch Atletico nor Bayern.

I know this is not the place for such a question question, but since the rest of the forum is pretty much dead I figure I will be able to get more and better opinions in here. Sorry @arsenalrocs if you get annoyed by these questions. If you do, let me know and I will refrain from asking them in the future. 

Thanks in advance!

1 hour ago, MacGoreth said:

Koke or Thiago Alcantara? Both are available in my gameworld. I know very little about them both because I neither watch Atletico nor Bayern.

I know this is not the place for such a question question, but since the rest of the forum is pretty much dead I figure I will be able to get more and better opinions in here. Sorry @arsenalrocs if you get annoyed by these questions. If you do, let me know and I will refrain from asking them in the future. 

Thanks in advance!

Right now, Thiago. Had a great season and he's at the bigger club.

Not at all, I know it's veering off topic and I hope i'm not turning away other forumers but I don't mind receiving such questions.

Ibrahima KONATÉ 18  RB Leipzig added

Ibrahima Konaté

move from   Sochaux to Leipzig this Summer

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/ibrahima-konate/profil/spieler/357119 

Victor JENSEN 17 Ajax Amsterdam added

move this summer for 3,5 mio € from  Kopenhagen  to Ajax

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/victor-jensen/profil/spieler/400548

both for 520 k Good investment for the future

1 hour ago, Mr Gangie said:

Anyone got a predicted rating for the man CHALOV? 

i tkink + 5 to 80 is fair . 8 scorrer in under 700 minuts for cska are

great . He also played well in the uefa youth league .

Donnarumma will leave Milan move to Juve orReal ? Contract expires 2018

either This year for 30 mio + to Real Madrid

or next year for free to Juventus Turin

my wish would be to extend the contract with a option
to leave milan for 45 mio + that would be fair to Milan