23 minutes ago, BOOM said:

I also don't think stats should be the be all or end all.  Especially pass completion, I hate that stat.  Suarez used to have the lowest pass completion for LFC.  But everyone knew that was because he was the one with the to try and win the game and produce brilliance.  

Iniesta has got hardly any goals or assists in his career compared to the amount of games he has played.  Doesn't mean he's not vital to Barca or Spain winning games as he often makes the pass before the assist.

Shouldn't only be determined on stats IMO.

I bet INESTA's pass completion stats have always been high over his career. This season alone it was 88.7% in La Liga. These statistics demonstrate his quality...and compensate for his lack of goals/assists.

As with SUAREZ...his ridiculously high goal tally would denote his quality...even if his pass completion stats left something to be desired.

In both examples, there is an area where they have been exceptional and unrivalled.

There are many that have argued that stats are 'rubbish' and that you can tell someone is world class just by 'eyeballing' them. You are not the first and you will not be the last. IMO...anyone can claim that any player is world class using this subjective method. Stats are cold hard facts, objective and indisputable.

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You should see a doctor mate, it's amazing what they can do for you these days  

Some of the stuff you see on here is honestly absurd, this second time i've now seen you have a go at someone because of ratings lol, if people come on here and provide threads for the benefit of hund

With regards to @hoochy koochy's post, I agree that this has become a catch-all thread for deals, buy/sell/keep and new players etc. I can understand why people would post questions that are unrelated

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, BrutBrutBrut said:

COUTINHO ... 27 appearances EPL

MANE ... 26 appearances EPL

Doesn't appear to be a lot in it...and for MANE's month out at the ACN...he didn't appear to achieve very much on the international stage.

Well it's a team game isn't it.  George Weah couldn't do much for Liberia for them when he was in his prime either.

I don't think a team doing well should impact a player rise or fall either.  Sure if they have made a huge contribution in winning something - then it should be considered, like Kante this season for Chelsea for example.

But I doubt Mane's team didn't do well because of his performances (granted he did miss the penalty that got them knocked out. Haha).  

Either way, he deserved a rise.

4 minutes ago, BrutBrutBrut said:

I bet INESTA's pass completion stats have always been high over his career. This season alone it was 88.7% in La Liga. These statistics demonstrate his quality...and compensate for his lack of goals/assists.

As with SUAREZ...his ridiculously high goal tally would denote his quality...even if his pass completion stats left something to be desired.

In both examples, there is an area where they have been exceptional and unrivalled.

There are many that have argued that stats are 'rubbish' and that you can tell a player is world class just by 'eyeballing' them. You are not the first and you will not be the last. IMO...anyone can claim any player to be world class using this subjective method. Stats are cold hard facts, objective and undisputable.

I'm not debating obvious stats which back up or prove a player is 'world class'.  

I am saying using 'pass completion' as a stat as you did for Mane & Coutinho, who have been used in a front three all season and therefore are in the team to be match winners, then goals or assists are more telling.

In CM, then yes 'pass completion' is very relevant.  But for match winners like Mane or Coutinho (I think he'll play deeper in CM next season, but this season he hasn't up until the last match) - then I find it totally irrelevant or it should be.

23 minutes ago, BOOM said:

Well it's a team game isn't it.  George Weah couldn't do much for Liberia for them when he was in his prime either.

WEAH didn't have the likes of DIOUF, SOW, GUEYE, KOUILIBALY in his national squad...MANE did.

Admittedly I have just learnt that MANE got two goals in the AFC which is respectable, I thought he hadn't scored.

However, I should note that SALAH was playing with Egypt, arguably a worst team...and he managed 2 goals and 2 assists...although SALAH has undeniably had a better season than MANE and is more deserving of an increase.

3 hours ago, Mr Gangie said:

Highest riser due for serie A?

Can't remember off the top of my head but check out the list of Serie A risers linked on the first post

2 hours ago, BOOM said:

Is that all the Man U & LFC reviews done?

Surely Mane gets a rise?  He's arguably had a better season that Coutinho.

I don't think they're done with Liverpool but they're probably done with United

1 hour ago, Lana. said:

Will Sergio Floccari get a rise?

Nope. Too old, plays in Serie B and he's already at the squad cap

Side note: Hat-trick for Scott Wright on his second start for Aberdeen this season 

1 minute ago, BrutBrutBrut said:

I think Ezequiel BARCO 82 is due for another rise soon...or a transfer to a big club, or both.

18 years old, 4 goals and an assist, 81.9% pass completion, almost a guaranteed starter for Independiente now.

Exciting player but he's probably not gonna rise again until the next review in Oct. Also, i'm not disputing the validity of stats but I don't think pass completion is the right stat to use to back up the performances of an attacking player. 

On ‎20‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 1:48 PM, Der Chefscout said:

Rok Vodisek

Rok VODIŠEK (18)Number 1 Goalkeeper of  NK Olimpija

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/rok-vodisek/profil/spieler/320871

Adrian Semper

Adrian ŠEMPER (19) Dinamo Zagreb Goalkeeper

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/adrian-semper/profil/spieler/317057

88080.jpg

Angel GOMES (16) Manchester United  Cousin of Nani

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/angel-gomes/profil/spieler/392770

Jordi Mboula

Jordi MBOULA(18) Fc Barcelona  Striker - Right Wing

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/jordi-mboula/profil/spieler/331498

Claud Adjapong

Claud ADJAPONG (18)  Sassuolo right back

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/claud-adjapong/profil/spieler/337716

and when added

Frank Evina 16 Fc Bayern u17

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/franck-evina/profil/spieler/336331

Oliver Batista Meier 16 Fc Bayern u17

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/oliver-batista-meier/profil/spieler/406614

Weston McKennie /18) Schalke 04 u19

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/weston-mckennie/profil/spieler/332697

Angel Gomes is already taken in my game world :( 

7 minutes ago, thorgan lesar said:

Is Dennis Praet getting a rise ?

It's a possibility but I doubt so

11 minutes ago, thorgan lesar said:

Can I get some names ?

I'm looking for a left central (!) defender with a minimum age of 25. Which players can you recommend me ? Which players are growing and getting better on that position ? The maximum rating I want is 91, but I can't afford a top transfer :) .

Van Dijk and Alonso. More options at right CB with Matip, Toprak and Nacho. I suppose you are looking to replace Lombaerts now that he's set to leave Zenit?

1 minute ago, arsenalrocs said:

Van Dijk and Alonso. More options at right CB with Matip, Toprak and Nacho. I suppose you are looking to replace Lombaerts now that he's set to leave Zenit?

I'm thinking about it, because next season I'm playing in a higher level (division 2). Maybe if I want to reach division 1 I need a better left central defender. But the player has to fit in my story and my system. I don't know about Nacho, but Alonso is the only one who plays with his left foot. I'm not looking for RCB's. Btw, I have Van Dijk :). But that's on the other side on the RCB in my 3-4-2-1 system.

Btw, Nicolas Lombaerts is going to KV Oostende in Belgium. It's official already.

1 minute ago, thorgan lesar said:

I'm thinking about it, because next season I'm playing in a higher level (division 2). Maybe if I want to reach division 1 I need a better left central defender. But the player has to fit in my story and my system. I don't know about Nacho, but Alonso is the only one who plays with his left foot. I'm not looking for RCB's. Btw, I have Van Dijk :). But that's on the other side on the RCB in my 3-4-2-1 system.

Btw, Nicolas Lombaerts is going to KV Oostende in Belgium. It's official already.

Not a RCB but Nacho is a really versatile and useful defender to have. Set to rise soon too.

Yea, set to leave Zenit. Rating will only go downhill from here.

1 minute ago, arsenalrocs said:

Not a RCB but Nacho is a really versatile and useful defender to have. Set to rise soon too.

Yea, set to leave Zenit. Rating will only go downhill from here.

Okay, I think about Nacho then. Not the food, but the player haha ;) .

He chose a wrong club in my opinion. There was RSC Anderlecht (champions league next year), VFL Wolfsburg wanted him (now fighting to stay in the Bundesliga) and Lazio Roma wanted him. :/

3 minutes ago, Ross_Wolves888 said:

COuld anyone give me an opinion on Antonio Sanabria? I've had him in my youth team for a year now; but seems to have stalled since his move to spain. I'm thinking of getting rid, wise move?

Sell him, I also did it a year ago with one of my teams. He is not the player who will have a lovely career, I think.