arsenalrocs

Worldwide Risers

5 minutes ago, BigGameMo said:

Salah's no rise is such bull. Screw your bull SM. The guy put up 20 goals and 15 assists in 40 games. WHAT ELSE DO YOU WANT FROM HIM?!

Racism is the only explanation I can think of.

Racism lol. Plenty of players have been missed, including Insigne who had a similar season to Salah. SW are a lot of things- good for nothing, incompetent, useless, hopeless, but not racist lol. They don't discriminate against anyway, everyone is equally missed :D 

54 minutes ago, Hail Mary said:

Racism lol. Plenty of players have been missed, including Insigne who had a similar season to Salah. SW are a lot of things- good for nothing, incompetent, useless, hopeless, but not racist lol. They don't discriminate against anyway, everyone is equally missed :D 

48 minutes ago, Monolithic said:

Oh dear...

To be clear, I'm not talking about blatant racism of "he's not white so we won't give him a rise." I'm talking more subtle... you get an English player or European player with Salah's stats and he's a definite 92, perhaps even a 93. I believe subconsciously that whoever does the ratings for SM (we all know it's not soccer wiki consensus, but some guy behind the curtain) saw Salah's stats or his name or whatever and subconsciously thought that based on his background, it probably wouldn't be wrong to make him wait longer to get his rise. That's subtle racism, even if you consider racism to be a loaded term.

4 hours ago, BigGameMo said:

To be clear, I'm not talking about blatant racism of "he's not white so we won't give him a rise." I'm talking more subtle... you get an English player or European player with Salah's stats and he's a definite 92, perhaps even a 93. I believe subconsciously that whoever does the ratings for SM (we all know it's not soccer wiki consensus, but some guy behind the curtain) saw Salah's stats or his name or whatever and subconsciously thought that based on his background, it probably wouldn't be wrong to make him wait longer to get his rise. That's subtle racism, even if you consider racism to be a loaded term.

It's just not true though is it.

Plenty of Roma first teamers aren't even rated 91 and there plenty of other high scoring players in Italy and the other leagues who aren't rated higher. 

13 minutes ago, Monolithic said:

It's just not true though is it.

Plenty of Roma first teamers aren't even rated 91 and there plenty of other high scoring players in Italy and the other leagues who aren't rated higher. 

I am sorry, but I wholeheartedly agree that SALAH should be 92.

When you look at some of the other 91 rated players in that position: VITOLO, STERLING, LALLANA

...their numbers don't even come close to SALAH this season. Absolute travesty.

I think CALLEJON should have also got a 92. Ridiculous oversight by SM.

25 minutes ago, thorgan lesar said:

Tomorrow starts Belgium ?

Or is it Italy again ?

I think Russia is next. Italy will still be going on for a few more days. Don't think they're done with Roma yet and they haven't even started Juve. They're only updating a couple of players a day. 

12 hours ago, BigGameMo said:

Salah's no rise is such bull. Screw your bull SM. The guy put up 20 goals and 15 assists in 40 games. WHAT ELSE DO YOU WANT FROM HIM?!

Racism is the only explanation I can think of.

I've got Salah & think he should of got a rise BUT SM have missed over 40 others who should have got a rise. I have been a massive critic of SM & still am BUT all I can say to any hint of racism by SM over Salah missing out ... is Small game Mo, very small.

You should retract the slur rather than try to defend a defenceless accusation.

13 minutes ago, Soccahappy said:

I've got Salah & think he should of got a rise BUT SM have missed over 40 others who should have got a rise. I have been a massive critic of SM & still am BUT all I can say to any hint of racism by SM over Salah missing out ... is Small game Mo, very small.

You should retract the slur rather than try to defend a defenceless accusation.

Agreed. I've seen no sign of racism in the ratings ever. There are plenty of people I think should have rises but haven't, and it's nothing to do with racism... unless SM are aliens and are simply racist against humans.

Listen, it might just be that they're ignorant/incompetent, I concede that. I'm not trying to build a hard and fast case for racism here. But I'm saying there are few, if any, cases of missing rises that are more definite than Salah, and it does make you wonder if it is more than just incompetence at work here. After all, Strootman, Nainggolan, Dzeko, Emerson were all given risers...the only other definite riser on Roma's team was Salah.

10 hours ago, BrutBrutBrut said:

I am sorry, but I wholeheartedly agree that SALAH should be 92.

When you look at some of the other 91 rated players in that position: VITOLO, STERLING, LALLANA

...their numbers don't even come close to SALAH this season. Absolute travesty.

I think CALLEJON should have also got a 92. Ridiculous oversight by SM.

I didn't say anything about Salah not being worthy of 92.

I simply said that him not being 92 certainly does not mean that the person doing the review is in any way racist.

1 hour ago, BigGameMo said:

Listen, it might just be that they're ignorant/incompetent, I concede that. I'm not trying to build a hard and fast case for racism here. But I'm saying there are few, if any, cases of missing rises that are more definite than Salah, and it does make you wonder if it is more than just incompetence at work here. After all, Strootman, Nainggolan, Dzeko, Emerson were all given risers...the only other definite riser on Roma's team was Salah.

Peres?

As another poster said, the review of Roma may well not be finished yet so this is all rather nonsensical.

2 hours ago, BigGameMo said:

Paredes definitely could have been given a rise, Peres maybe, Rudiger is young and plays for the world champions Germany. That's all from only 1 team and the Roma players that haven't had a rise might still get one.

Ozil has been invisible for years and plays for a poor joke of a club yet he's still rated 94 (affirmative action?), Benzema this season was the most overpaid foil ever (also highly rated, i.e. 94, but he at least plays for a top top club), Auba's 95, and so on, and so on.

Ratings should be purely based on merit. That the biggest clubs help increase their players rating is already a bit sinful. Besides Roma haven't won anything, they aren't that big in Europe (lots of clubs ahead of them), they couldn't even get into the CL plus were knocked out early in the EL this year and Serie A is only the 4th ranked league. Not only have many players been overlooked there are entire leagues that are underrated. Do the guys at SM suffer from ligaphobia?

Well the good news is that it would seem that the Italian review is finally over (I won't say complete).

The bad news is that it appears that the next review has not yet started.

How much holiday do these guys have?? :) 

16 hours ago, BigGameMo said:

Man-up & apologise for accusing SM of racism over something so silly as missing a rating increase. Then & only then can you be taken seriously. I could accuse them of being racist about not dealing with cheats but that would be equally stupid, ignorent & just plain wrong.  Up to you, as I say just apologise, surely you can see there is not an ounce of truth in what you said?