arsenalrocs

Worldwide Risers

27 minutes ago, -JMH- said:

Definately will be in the mix once fit again

In any case...whilst I still think this highly unlikely, there are going to be plenty of suitors flocking to NUNEZ if he maintains his current form (out performing LAPORTE), which it appears he will. Especially if he isn't guaranteed first team football at Bilbao.

5 minutes ago, BrutBrutBrut said:

In any case...whilst I still think this highly unlikely, there are going to be plenty of suitors flocking to NUNEZ if he maintains his current form (out performing LAPORTE), which it appears he will. Especially if he isn't guaranteed first team football at Bilbao.

What we will know is he wont be leaving unless its abroad. And the chances of a young Basque centre back signing for a top flight club with as high aspirations as Bilbao - very slim. There a patriotic bunch down in Bilbao. 

If anything, Laporte will be the one to move on - heavily linked to Barca with Valverde as his former coach, he is constantly overlooked by France so a big move could boost his selection chances.

54 minutes ago, Monolithic said:

Check my thread.

I see. 

Too optimistic, i mean Raul Albiol, Radu, Juan Jesus, Bruno Peres - Lucas Leiva!? 90?

Your correct with the Napoli ones, but its too soon. Absolutely Hysaj will rise, Allan, Jorginho, Callejon

7 hours ago, -JMH- said:

I see. 

Too optimistic, i mean Raul Albiol, Radu, Juan Jesus, Bruno Peres - Lucas Leiva!? 90?

Your correct with the Napoli ones, but its too soon. Absolutely Hysaj will rise, Allan, Jorginho, Callejon

:lol:

D'oh. Another person who doesn't know the meaning of a question mark it seems.

41 minutes ago, TMCosta said:

Dont put question marks :) its confusing...and u are not giving any new info ;) doubts everybody has them...hugs

Nah. At first that might have been the case, but not when I specifically explained in bold letters and large font what the question marks meant. :) It is there on all of those big 5 predictions in black and white.

And it gives more info that simply predicting a rise that only has a 25% chance of happening. For example, if I had simply predicted that Lemar would rise with no question marks then god knows how much stick I would have got. :lol:

21 minutes ago, Monolithic said:

Nah. At first that might have been the case, but not when I specifically explained in bold letters and large font what the question marks meant. :) It is there on all of those big 5 predictions in black and white.

And it gives more info that simply predicting a rise that only has a 25% chance of happening. For example, if I had simply predicted that Lemar would rise with no question marks then god knows how much stick I would have got. :lol:

No I understood it - i put '?' as i clearly see you put '?' but you even considered these players getting a rise to 90

Basically your not sticking your neck out to make a prediction then. You might as well put up a question mark on everyone then

Your saying - i predict this but it may or may not happen but i'll absolve myself from any backlash for getting it wrong by putting a disclaimer that ? means 25% chance.... have i got that right?

Trouble is no one can seem to take some constructive criticism here

1 hour ago, -JMH- said:

No I understood it - i put '?' as i clearly see you put '?' but you even considered these players getting a rise to 90

Basically your not sticking your neck out to make a prediction then. You might as well put up a question mark on everyone then

Your saying - i predict this but it may or may not happen but i'll absolve myself from any backlash for getting it wrong by putting a disclaimer that ? means 25% chance.... have i got that right?

Trouble is no one can seem to take some constructive criticism here

Sigh. 

You asked me which players that I was referring to when I said that SM had missed some obvious risers and falls. I told you to check my thread. If you saw a ? by the player then you clearly must have known that it was not those players that I was referring to as being "obvious". So for you to specifically list them was bizarre really wasn't it. 

I put a question mark against them because I know how unpredictable SM can be. I got stick for even suggesting that SM might give Lemar a rise with people suggesting it was an insane idea. We all know what happened there.

"Absolve myself from any backlash"? :lol: It is hardly daring for me to make predictions about a football game. I am not exactly coming out as a Trump supporter here. If I were so worried about what people thought, I would hardly post a thousand predictions in that thread.

The predictions are there primarily to help myself as I find it easy to check on players from different countries and different positions. If it helps other people and they can cross-compare with Rahul's predictions then all the better. The ??? help me to remember who is a doubtful riser and may well help other people if they compare with Rahul's ideas. You obviously made it clear that you had an issue with that thread from the beginning though when you accused it of, "Destroying your gameworlds". ;)

Anyway, it's not complicated. I try to bring something positive to this board and the game. You make some good points, but I can't help feel that for whatever reason you are massively defensive of SM and seem almost affronted when they are criticized.

I knock SM, but I have in the past contacted them when they have missed obvious risers and they have (to their credit) sometimes rectified their mistakes a few days later. That seems to be the most constructive approach to me, but you take your road and I will take mine. :)

20 hours ago, ombarcagunners said:

Unai Nuñez 80 > 85 (But I think he won't be on the lineup at the end of the season when Yerai is ok)

He has been 10x the player Yeray ever was, and not even a 120% fit Yeray is going to bench him. He has been our best defebder this season, and like another forumer pointed out "he has outperformed Laporte this season."

4 hours ago, Monolithic said:

Just saying...dont get me wrong...fantastic job :) hugs

6 hours ago, MacGoreth said:

He has been 10x the player Yeray ever was, and not even a 120% fit Yeray is going to bench him. He has been our best defebder this season, and like another forumer pointed out "he has outperformed Laporte this season."

...this guy gets it.

NUNEZ will likely match ALVAREZ's 87 rating before ALVAREZ has even kicked a ball competitively. ombarcagunners clearly hasn't been following Bilbao and NUNEZ's performances closely enough. 

2 hours ago, BrutBrutBrut said:

...this guy gets it.

NUNEZ will likely match ALVAREZ's 87 rating before ALVAREZ has even kicked a ball competitively. ombarcagunners clearly hasn't been following Bilbao and NUNEZ's performances closely enough. 

Did I say bad things about Unai Nunez? Prove me!

11 hours ago, Monolithic said:

Sigh. 

You asked me which players that I was referring to when I said that SM had missed some obvious risers and falls. I told you to check my thread. If you saw a ? by the player then you clearly must have known that it was not those players that I was referring to as being "obvious". So for you to specifically list them was bizarre really wasn't it. 

I put a question mark against them because I know how unpredictable SM can be. I got stick for even suggesting that SM might give Lemar a rise with people suggesting it was an insane idea. We all know what happened there.

"Absolve myself from any backlash"? :lol: It is hardly daring for me to make predictions about a football game. I am not exactly coming out as a Trump supporter here. If I were so worried about what people thought, I would hardly post a thousand predictions in that thread.

The predictions are there primarily to help myself as I find it easy to check on players from different countries and different positions. If it helps other people and they can cross-compare with Rahul's predictions then all the better. The ??? help me to remember who is a doubtful riser and may well help other people if they compare with Rahul's ideas. You obviously made it clear that you had an issue with that thread from the beginning though when you accused it of, "Destroying your gameworlds". ;)

Anyway, it's not complicated. I try to bring something positive to this board and the game. You make some good points, but I can't help feel that for whatever reason you are massively defensive of SM and seem almost affronted when they are criticized.

I knock SM, but I have in the past contacted them when they have missed obvious risers and they have (to their credit) sometimes rectified their mistakes a few days later. That seems to be the most constructive approach to me, but you take your road and I will take mine. :)

You do your fair share of good work, i did this kind of thing several years ago, but it gets tedious when you get the constant complaining and it does become a witch hunt against the game. I'll say no more now, but i'll always debate a indifference people have when i can see the method behind the madness, at least it creates discussion on the forum. Its a damn shame its so dead now, it used to be thriving 4/5 years ago.

I have my issues with SM, ratings is not a massive deal for me as I'm a long term manager, not a  'need and want it now' kinda person; players will get the rating they earn in time. My issues lie within the popular public gameworlds, and gold GWs,, with multi accounts, massive squads, financial mismanagement and the daily hoovering up of players.  Now theres some other subjects, imagine the upset i'll cause when you hear my views on those haha

6 hours ago, Der Chefscout said:

As the Marca reports

At. Bilbao's goalkeeper Kepa Arrizabalaga switches to Real Madrid by option for 20 Million €

Blimey. i dont think they have ever sold a player within La Liga for a fee in at least 15 years, i can only think of Ander Herrera, Asier Del Horno to Chelsea and Javi Martinez, they all went abroad

*Aduriz. 2008 to Mallorca.