Worldwide Risers

arsenalrocs

42 minutes ago, arsenalrocs said:

Don't you think that the team and league you play for matters? If it didn't matter, Hazard would have stayed at Lille and Bale would have stayed at Tottenham. Playing in a bigger league and for a better club allows you to challenge for honours on a higher level and the rating system reflects that. The squad cap is how you would differentiate the Premier League from the Russian Premier League. The squad cap is also how you would differentiate between Chelsea and Spartak Moscow...

...I have said before that Michael Keane plays like a 90 rated defender for Burnley at times. But I accept that there's no way he would get an increase to 90 while he's at Burnley...

I don't think that the team should really make a difference to a players rating...the league maybe. I am well aware that playing for a bigger club means that a player can challenge for honours, but I fail to see what this has to do with an individual players rating. The player rating is supposed to reflect and individual's skill and performance...not whether they happen to play for a top side or not.

Using Bale and Hazard as an example, if the quality of their performances and play was at a 90 level at Madrid and Chelsea...and was a 90 level at Tottenham and Lille...then their ratings should be 90, before and after their transfers. The 'size' of the club should have no bearing.

You seem to have pointed to this in you Michael Keane example. If his performances at Burnley have been 90...he should be 90. The size/prestige of Burnley and any supposed cap should have nothing to do with it.

10 minutes ago, BrutBrutBrut said:

I don't think that the team should really make a difference to a players rating...the league maybe. I am well aware that playing for a bigger club means that a player can challenge for honours, but I fail to see what this has to do with an individual players rating. The player rating is supposed to reflect and individual's skill and performance...not whether they happen to play for a top side or not.

Using Bale and Hazard as an example, if the quality of their performances and play was at a 90 level at Madrid and Chelsea...and was a 90 level at Tottenham and Lille...then their ratings should be 90, before and after their transfers. The 'size' of the club should have no bearing.

You seem to have pointed to this in you Michael Keane example. If his performances at Burnley have been 90...he should be 90. The size/prestige of Burnley and any supposed cap should have nothing to do with it.

Mmm I see where you are coming from. I guess this no longer has anything to do with predictions but to do with the entire rating system in general. SM could implement a new way of conducting rating reviews like what you suggested but it would create a problem whereby a 90 in the premier league could actually be much better than a 90 in the dutch league due to the higher level of the premier league. This is a problem reflected irl as well when players play amazingly well in a smaller league but just struggle to perform in a bigger league proving that they have only done well due to the lower standards of the league they're from. It's an interesting suggestion but one that would entirely change the way rating reviews are done.

32 minutes ago, Mr Gangie said:

Just joined a new team with limited budget, is there any other names that are low rating with a high rise due? other than davies havertz and soler? Cheers guys 

Stephens, M.Lopez, Karamoh, Strakosha, Nkaka, Musalov and Zambo Anguissa in addition to the ones Flegma mentioned

3 hours ago, arsenalrocs said:

Cool I have bid for:

MUSALOV, Magomed 78

NKAKA, Aristote 70

DANSO, Kevin 73

and I am considering:

VELJKOVIĆ, Miloš 80

ODRIOZOLA, Álvaro 76

...could I trouble you for your increase predictions?

5 hours ago, BrutBrutBrut said:

Yes I agree that if Michael Keane is worth a rating of 90 he should not be hindered just because he plays for a lower prestigious club. After all, he recently got his England call-up & is playing consistently well against the same forwards that his peers at Manchester, Liverpool, Spurs, etc are so why not give him the rating he deserves?  

With regard to Spartak Moscow, yes they have under-achieved for many seasons now but I believe that Quincy Promes should get another +1 to 90 no matter what the squad cap is for Spartak.  He has practically won the RPL himself this season :) 

After the Championship I think it will be Russia next.  I hope so anyway, my clubs precarious financial situation is depending on it haha!

19 minutes ago, Nico66 said:

I believe that Quincy Promes should get another +1 to 90 no matter what the squad cap is for Spartak.  He has practically won the RPL himself this season :) 

I cannot agree with this statement more. I wont lie, I own PROMES for my club...it is tempting to hype up your own player (of course I am biased). But everytime I go to check his performances on Whoscored (a great resource by the way) ...PROMES seems to have either scored or assisted in a game...and is the highest rated player.

I would encourage anyone with a bit of cash (valued at 8mil) looking for a hidden 89 riser to have a look at him. Looking at the RPL on Whoscored:

https://www.whoscored.com/Regions/182/Tournaments/77/Russia-Premier-League

He is the second highest goal scorer.

He is the assist leader.

He is has the second highest shots per game ratio.

He is the highest rated player by performance.

He is almost guaranteed a place in the RPL's team of the season.

I see players like CERCI for Athletico on an 89 and then I look at PROMES and I just shake my head. As you say, Spartak probably wouldn't even be contenders for the league this year without him.

Personally I think that he will get a transfer for a biggggggg fee at the end of the season. I know that Liverpool were sniffing about...and I am sure that they regret not signing him in the winter when they had the chance. The fact that he is only 25 and already a Dutch international has to add to this. 

12 hours ago, BrutBrutBrut said:

Cool I have bid for:

MUSALOV, Magomed 78

NKAKA, Aristote 70

DANSO, Kevin 73

and I am considering:

VELJKOVIĆ, Miloš 80

ODRIOZOLA, Álvaro 76

...could I trouble you for your increase predictions?

Musalov to 82/83, Nkaka to 77, Danso to 77, Veljkovic to 84, Odriozola to 83

12 hours ago, Nico66 said:

Yes I agree that if Michael Keane is worth a rating of 90 he should not be hindered just because he plays for a lower prestigious club. After all, he recently got his England call-up & is playing consistently well against the same forwards that his peers at Manchester, Liverpool, Spurs, etc are so why not give him the rating he deserves?  

With regard to Spartak Moscow, yes they have under-achieved for many seasons now but I believe that Quincy Promes should get another +1 to 90 no matter what the squad cap is for Spartak.  He has practically won the RPL himself this season :) 

After the Championship I think it will be Russia next.  I hope so anyway, my clubs precarious financial situation is depending on it haha!

I think this topic has been discussed ad nauseam. I would be happy for @BrutBrutBrut if Promes gets a +1 since he has him in his squad but I will still stand by my prediction of no rise unless SM gives a +1 to other key players and raises the squad cap. Here's to hoping that SM prove me wrong.

48 minutes ago, arsenalrocs said:

I think this topic has been discussed ad nauseum. I would be happy for @BrutBrutBrut if Promes gets a +1 since he has him in his squad but I will still stand by my prediction of no rise unless SM gives a +1 to other key players and raises the squad cap. Here's to hoping that SM prove me wrong.

Haha yes you are right (and I love that phrase "ad nauseum",, I am going to borrow that myself :))

We could be here forever and the day after discussing how the ratings SHOULD be done.

But you are right, the purpose of this thread is to discuss the ratings under the system that SM/SW uses and, in that respect, of course Michael Keane will not get 90 (maybe 88 at a push if he stays at Burnley).

However, even using SM's current logic, I still think Promes can get to 90. As already pointed out he has been an outstanding player in his league. If he doesn't get it then surely players like Akinfeev, Dzagoev, Natcho, Kokorin have to drop right?

13 hours ago, arsenalrocs said:

Maybe russia/ukraine

13 hours ago, Flegma said:

they havent done russia, ukraine, croatia, belgium, chech, poland, austria

TBH hoping the big 5's review starts later than usual. There already was a delay in earlier reviews. It looks like Man Utd will focus on winning the Europa League later this month (in order to get into the CL) and there are quite a few domestic cup finals on the 27th, including PSG v. Angers (France first to be reviewed). Angers could end up hoovering above relegation, it won't happen but mathematically at least relegation is possible if Bastia gets 3 points from that Lyon game, or more likely it will be a mid-table finish after Anger's last 2 matches and then they have the cup tie with PSG.

TL;DR wait until the league standings are final for the season and domestic cups are lifted, the EL final as well, before starting the big 5's end-of-season review.

3 hours ago, Rahul said:

Could u please rank the players based on potential 

1) Pjanic ; Coutinho ; Eriksen

2) Bernadeschi; Fekir; Draxler; Zilenski; Ziyech : Lindeloff ; Cancelo ; Desciglio; G.Jesus

Eriksen, Coutinho, Pjanic

Jesus, Ziyech, Bernardeschi, Zielinski, Fekir, Draxler

Lindelof, Cancelo, De Sciglio

6 hours ago, Rahul said:

Could u please rank the players based on potential 

1) Pjanic ; Coutinho ; Eriksen

2) Bernadeschi; Fekir; Draxler; Zilenski; Ziyech : Lindeloff ; Cancelo ; Desciglio; G.Jesus

Eriksen, Pjanic, Coutinho

Bernardeschi, Jesus, Draxler, Ziyech, Fekir, Lindelof, Zielinski, Cancelo, De Sciglio

Benfica won the title again (99% sure). What rating changes will follow?

Moraes +1 to 89?

Lindelof +1 to 90?

Semedo +1 to 89

Grimaldo +2/3 to 87/88

Cervi +1 to 88?

Zivkovic + 1 to 86?

Augusto + 1 to 84?

---------------------------------------------

Cesar -2 to 86?

Jardel -1 to 88 ?

----------------------------------------------

all others stay ?

-----------------------------------------------

2 minutes ago, MagnusCarlsen said:

Benfica won the title again (99% sure). What rating changes will follow?

Moraes +1 to 89?

Lindelof +1 to 90?

Semedo +1 to 89

Grimaldo +2/3 to 87/88

Cervi +1 to 88?

Zivkovic + 1 to 86?

Augusto + 1 to 84?

---------------------------------------------

Cesar -2 to 86?

Jardel -1 to 88 ?

----------------------------------------------

all others stay ?