EdMoses

Thought i'd pop by and say hello!

Looking good.  

And whilst you are waiting for this anew custom EC has been created.  Got ash, noisy, smut, alex, fluff and a few others in there, if anyones wants to jin, would be nice to see you some of you join in. 

Gameworld id 340434

only rule is no external bids until 7.30 am tomorrow 

On 06/09/2016 at 3:45 PM, EdMoses said:

This is starting to sound good.

So quick role call for those that want involved: -

1. Machine
  2. EdMoses
  3. Swanseajack
  4. Drseanfitz
  5. HannahB

Who else is in? Elohim? Smut? Longnose? Elohim? Arfon? Domlatouche etc etc

We need another 11 minimum......I'll post a link through to the other "who's still alive" thread as there was some good folks there.

6. Pip

7. Elohim

8. Garry C

9. Son of Pluto

Pleased with how this is shaping up, with the line-up so far we should get another 9 in fairly quickly :)

I'll try and get a new thread up tomorrow, meanwhile here are the clubs you could soon be trying to guide to the bright lights of the MSL:

Arizona United SC

Bethlehem Steel FC

Charleston Battery

Charlotte Independence

Harrisburg City Islanders

Colorado Springs Switchbacks

FC Cincinnati

Louisville City

OKC Energy FC

Orange County Blues

Pittsburgh Riverhounds

Real Monarchs SLC

Richmond Kickers

RGV FC Toros

Rochester Rhinos

Sacramento Republic

Saint Louis FC

San Antonio FC

Swope Park Rangers

Tulsa Roughnecks

Wilmington Hammerheads

FC Montréal

Atlanta Silverbacks

Atlanta United

Austin Aztex

Charlotte Eagles

Chivas USA

Dayton Dutch Lions

Los Angeles FC

Miami United

Phoenix FC

San Antonio Scorpions

Virginia Cavalry FC

VSI Tampa Bay

Brampton City United

Kingston FC

London City SC

Niagara United

North York Astros

SC Waterloo Region

Toronto Croatia

Once we've got all bodies in we can start  a new thread fo rthe GW. the first posts will be the draw for teams - is everyone ok with me doing the draw live on that thread - 1 hat for teams, 1 hat for managers. worked well for Progress. I would do a youtube but not my thing and random.org is a little to clinical.

get a room lads.

Great news -  welcome in sir!

1. Machine
  2. EdMoses
  3. Swanseajack
  4. Drseanfitz
  5. HannahB
  6. Pip
  7. Elohim
  8. Garry C
  9. Son of Pluto
  10. Longnose

Looking good so far - what about : -

Noisy, Matt72, JR231990, Gozzy, Keith Fitz, Frozen, Ashtini, Pedroolivera, Kupest, Jamo, John Harman, Ben-SCFC, Vendetta, HD, Kopstar, TomOwens……….

Haven’t a clue how many of these folks are still around (assume many have gone) but these are the types of folks we want amongst others. Is there a way of “tagging” them to this thread so they are aware?

On 9/2/2016 at 4:19 PM, EdMoses said:

Nice ! make sure you get a world tour tshirt printed eh?

In other news, SM Dev Andy just posted this: -

Hello,

Its been a long time since I have posted in the forum.

There are going to be many changes to SM Worlds coming in the following months that will move the game in many ways back more towards what it used to be in the years gone by.

The first thing and possibly the most important of these is the approach that we will take.  We will be a lot more engaged with the community going forward,, especially right here in the forum,  You are now going to see us about a lot more, just like you used to.  

Secondly we will be working through a whole range of issues to improve the game and forum.  Its your game and we want and need you to work with us to improve very aspect of it (including the forum itself).  We will also be very transparent on the changes we are doing 

Every few weeks a batch of changes will be placed in the game and they will be logged at the thread below.  We will also be asking for your help shaping the future changes we do.

We want to ensure we remain a community driven game and if we are going to do it then we will need your help to achieve it.

heard it all before though.

we currently have a cheat/s in many popular gameworlds and sm is refusing to do anything, so why should we believe this.

I don't like sad Smut; I miss happy Smut.

Fair play to you for sticking it out mate, whilst the rest of us (well some) simply had enough/too much happening and walked away you stuck at it.

There looks like a bit of a return on the cards at the minute, from reading the forum there’s a few old faces making a return so maybe we might get something of the old SM back on these pages.

But, is it all too late mate - have we lost you to a world of pessimism, cynicism and one other ism that doesn’t come quickly to mind – err, maybe totalitarianism? No, that doesn’t work, how’s dimorphism. No, not that either, lets just go with Dwarfism as it works on levels.

So, it is with grave concern but the utmost goodwill that I am today launching the #Ilovesmut campaign.

We are now accepting banter donations in the name of @ilovesmut and are looking for as many contributors as possible – together we can raise enough banter to save our beloved Smut from a world of pain and anguish, retuning him to the fresh, green fields of a vibrant and dynamic SM Forum. Whilst we may not be able to return to the glory days of years gone by, we may just rekindle some of what was good in Smut’s name. How many Smuts have to die (metaphorically speaking natch) before you take action?

Just 1 bit of banter a day can help us get a pessimist’s net that will allow Smut to get the much needed rest he needs.

2 bits of banter ensure that Smut doesn’t have to search the forum for days on end, just to get some banter to help feed his family (or something).

So, my fellow forummers, lets all work together. Say it with me, say it loud - #ilovesmut

On 06/09/2016 at 3:45 PM, EdMoses said:

This is starting to sound good.

So quick role call for those that want involved: -

1. Machine
  2. EdMoses
  3. Swanseajack
  4. Drseanfitz
  5. HannahB

Who else is in? Elohim? Smut? Longnose? Elohim? Arfon? Domlatouche etc etc

We need another 11 minimum......I'll post a link through to the other "who's still alive" thread as there was some good folks there.

How dare you name Elohim twice before even thinking of mentioning me.... Moses we are through!

I'd be interested in a US setup.

3 minutes ago, EdMoses said:

I don't like sad Smut; I miss happy Smut.

Fair play to you for sticking it out mate, whilst the rest of us (well some) simply had enough/too much happening and walked away you stuck at it.

There looks like a bit of a return on the cards at the minute, from reading the forum there’s a few old faces making a return so maybe we might get something of the old SM back on these pages.

But, is it all too late mate - have we lost you to a world of pessimism, cynicism and one other ism that doesn’t come quickly to mind – err, maybe totalitarianism? No, that doesn’t work, how’s dimorphism. No, not that either, lets just go with Dwarfism as it works on levels.

So, it is with grave concern but the utmost goodwill that I am today launching the #Ilovesmut campaign.

We are now accepting banter donations in the name of @ilovesmut and are looking for as many contributors as possible – together we can raise enough banter to save our beloved Smut from a world of pain and anguish, retuning him to the fresh, green fields of a vibrant and dynamic SM Forum. Whilst we may not be able to return to the glory days of years gone by, we may just rekindle some of what was good in Smut’s name. How many Smuts have to die (metaphorically speaking natch) before you take action?

Just 1 bit of banter a day can help us get a pessimist’s net that will allow Smut to get the much needed rest he needs.

2 bits of banter ensure that Smut doesn’t have to search the forum for days on end, just to get some banter to help feed his family (or something).

So, my fellow forummers, lets all work together. Say it with me, say it loud - #ilovesmut

%@#$%  OFF

How dare you name Elohim twice before even thinking of mentioning me.... Moses we are through!

ha! Got your attention tho didn't it! (cos, obviously that was how I played it and the post wasn't a result of fat fingers and low level memory retention).

Welcome in mate !

1. Machine
  2. EdMoses
  3. Swanseajack
  4. Drseanfitz
  5. HannahB
  6. Pip
  7. Elohim
  8. Garry C
  9. Son of Pluto
  10. Longnose
  11. Noisy - sorry Mr Noisy apparently now, ohhh, get her.

Now, hows about the rest of you?

18 minutes ago, drseanfitz said:

a few old managers are in

THE English Championship (ID 340434)

if you wanna join and make contact with them Ed :D

Cheers Sean - I had a look and sorely tempted. Problem is I've already committed to this new Americas one and I cant really find the time to do another - or at least I cant guarantee the time and don't want to take too much on too quickly.

Does look like a cracker tho and filling up fast !

On 08/09/2016 at 3:14 AM, Pip said:

I'll take Los Angeles FC!

Sounds like someone is anticipating big crowds....;) 

On 08/09/2016 at 8:24 AM, drseanfitz said:

ooooh... San Antonio Scorpions  - sounds good.....

I'd have thought Bethlehem Steel would've appealed to you Sean, they sound very Anno Domini!

On 08/09/2016 at 11:40 AM, EdMoses said:

Once we've got all bodies in we can start  a new thread fo rthe GW. the first posts will be the draw for teams - is everyone ok with me doing the draw live on that thread - 1 hat for teams, 1 hat for managers. worked well for Progress. I would do a youtube but not my thing and random.org is a little to clinical.

It sounds like some folk might wish to choose their own team Ed, but never fear if everyone is ok with the token squad Canadian/USA player there might be a draft needing done...:)

18 hours ago, Longnose said:

Well in that case it will be a privilege shared then Mr Fitzpatrick x 

Great, will it be Real Monarchs or London City? Or maybe the Hammerheads?! :D

2 hours ago, Mr Noisy said:

Great to have you on board, Virginia Cavalry sound 'noisy'.... *tumbleweed*

9 minutes ago, EdMoses said:

Cheers Sean - I had a look and sorely tempted. Problem is I've already committed to this new Americas one and I cant really find the time to do another - or at least I cant guarantee the time and don't want to take too much on too quickly.

Does look like a cracker tho and filling up fast !

I couldn't resist Ed hence why I haven't had the chance to send out more PMs/ start a thread, I admire your resolve!

Excellent stuff mate - welcome in. If you can think of any other good folks we all know and love feel free to invite them in.

1. Machine
  2. EdMoses
  3. Swanseajack
  4. Drseanfitz
  5. HannahB
  6. Pip
  7. Elohim
  8. Garry C
  9. Son of Pluto
  10. Longnose
  12. Preppens

So we need just another 4 to get cracking!

1 hour ago, Machine said:

Sounds like someone is anticipating big crowds....;) 

I'd have thought Bethlehem Steel would've appealed to you Sean, they sound very Anno Domini!

It sounds like some folk might wish to choose their own team Ed, but never fear if everyone is ok with the token squad Canadian/USA player there might be a draft needing done...:)

Great, will it be Real Monarchs or London City? Or maybe the Hammerheads?! :D

Great to have you on board, Virginia Cavalry sound 'noisy'.... *tumbleweed*

I couldn't resist Ed hence why I haven't had the chance to send out more PMs/ start a thread, I admire your resolve!

Still debating it internally now mate. does look good.

24 minutes ago, scrooll said:

Come back at the right time,one spot for me too

Excellent!

1. Machine
  2. EdMoses
  3. Swanseajack
  4. Drseanfitz
  5. HannahB
  6. Pip
  7. Elohim
  8. Garry C
  9. Son of Pluto
  10. Longnose
  12. Preppens
  13. Scrooll

Three and counting......