Suffered yet another heavy defeat despite being the superior team statistically

Has this ever happened to you? I'm the home side and these are the stats from a recent game. I had much more possession, more shots in total, even more shots on target... and lost the game 3-0. The only difference in terms of individual player ratings really was our goalkeepers: my De Gea (94) played a 7/10 and his Lloris (92) played a 10/10.

Maybe this kind of result happens once in a while in real life, but I am experiencing results like this on a fairly regular basis and it always seems to be De Gea who lets the rest of the team down. There have been matches where I've had 7+ shots on target and my opponent has had 1 shot on target, and I've ended up losing/drawing. 

Is there such a thing as an individual player simply not performing for a club in this game? Would selling De Gea for a different keeper resolve the issue?

matchstats.jpg

Ratings don't mean a thing, they are a very basic system that serve no purpose.

If getting more possession and having more shots on target meant you won every time then it wouldn't be realistic, just look at England in the Euro's as they had some great stats which didn't reflect the scoreline.

It's De Gea. It's also not the first time I've heard people mention shipping lots of goals with him in goal.

My last match I dominated, 64% possession, 8 shots on target, 0 goals (against Petr Cech, who seems to be a freaking brick wall), and I lost 1-0 - opponent had 1 shot on target, which the scored.

Freak results happen every so often, but you seem to get a lot more with De Gea in goal :)

I had something similar at Saturday night.

My Olympiacos was playing against Espanyol, my team dominated the game, but I lost 2:0.

Here are some statistics from that game:

RCD Espanyol 2 - 0 Olympiacos

Caicedo 27'

Lopez 73'

Match Statistics

Possession
43%
57%
Total Shots
Shots On Target
Corners
Yellow Cards