El Grand Clásico: Barcelona - Real Madrid

Guest SM Dev (Ste)

El Grand Clásico: Barcelona - Real Madrid  

1. 1.

• Barcelona
    • Real Madrid
    • Draw

Guest SM Dev (Ste)

Real Madrid travel to the Camp Nou on Sunday evening to play Barcelona in ‘El Grand Clasico’. The game is each club’s final fixture before the christmas break, and promises to be an excellent exhibition of attacking football between (arguably) the two biggest club’s in World Football.

Reigning Champions Real are four points clear of their great Catalan rivals, and Barca will be desperate to win to reduce the gap at the top. Rumours in the Spanish press suggest that Ronaldinho and Deco will once again be among the substitutes, even in the absence of World Player of the Year runner-up Lionel Messi.

Barca boss Frank Rijkaard will almost certainly find himself without a job should Barca lose, but victory will see the Blaugranes within a point of Bernd Schuster’s Real, which would set up a fascinating second half of the season for Europe’s most accomplished League.

Real are looking better this term than last, with Robinho, Raul and Van Nistelrooy all in great form, and they will be confident of exposing Barca’s suspect defence, but the home side have won all eleven of their home games this season in all competitions and when they click, there is no finer side in Europe.

Who do you think will take the points in this top of the table clash in La Liga?

Re: El Grand Clásico: Barcelona - Real Madrid

Looks like a great Clasico Ste and with all the controversy like the injury dealt to Messi, I'd have to give this one to Real

Barca have lost too many players and benching others

Giovani and Bojan could make their first Clasico appearance

Real will still win in the end, Ruud will make sure of it I'm certain

Yeah he is dangerous , the funny part is Casillas admitted he is worried how he will handle Eto and Gabi Milito also said the same about Ruud . He said :'' The balls always falls to his feet at the right time" A true poacher.

I have a feeling either Iniesta or Sneijder will steal the show .

I thought Pepe was easily man of ther match, he played exceptionally well. Madrid were surprisingly defensive I thought but did hit Barca several times on the counter attack and in the end could have possibly won by more. Barca lacked invention and did not look as if there was any idea's without Messi on the pitch. Ronaldinho was very poor and was shown up by many other players including Bojan's cameo appearance. I think Ronaldinho wants to be elsewhere and could well move on shortly!

good game great goal pepe played well as did ramos eto did not play well at all well one madrid another tital for you:)

GREAT GAME:eek:

That's the worst game i've seen. It should've been 100 times better. " amazing teams but what crap performance.

great game!!

pepe was just amazing and i thought robinho was outsatnsding aswell

barcelona played poorley but they were dominating the last 10 mintues which was just too late

i think barcelona is the same real madrid 4 years ago with great stars they need to sort them out now

GREAT GAME:eek:

That's the worst game i've seen. It should've been 100 times better. " amazing teams but what crap performance.

The game was a midfield battle . Schuster deploying Diarra , Baptista and Sneijder in the middle means he needs some hard tackling . Maybe football has changed because if both teams decide to play nice football ,one of them will surely be hurt with a bad scoreline or a brilliant display . And i am sure none of the teams will like that to happen , especially in a Classico ;) so they kept it tight .

great game!!

pepe was just amazing and i thought robinho was outsatnsding aswell

barcelona played poorley but they were dominating the last 10 mintues which was just too late

i think barcelona is the same real madrid 4 years ago with great stars they need to sort them out now

Robinho was outstanding.:confused: ...you make me sick...he was diving all over the place..if that is what you call outstanding then wait till you see me.

I thought the game was quite a poor spectacle there were so many great players out there and many of them didn't live up to the occasion. I have watched almost every El Grand Clasico since i was around 8 and i must say that this is one of the worst ones. It was a game of not that many big goal scoring chances and when those chances did finally come they were usually missed by the attacker. Barcelona had the best of the action right through the game and they should have got a goal and they most probably would have if it wasn't for Cassiles who was outstanding. He won Real Madrid the game with a number of excellent saves. Most chances in the game were squandered but not the goal it was a class one two and then an absolutely stunning finish. The goal was worthy of a goal and worthy of the win. Real are now 7 points clear at the top of La Liga and i for one can't see anyone catching them now.

Do You think anyone will catch up with Real??? :rolleyes:

IF only messi was in that team..he would run riot on the madrid defence..

I agree with you somehow , but put this in your mind , it isn't everyday that a chicken lays an egg:p . Before the game everyone was saying Eto'o is back , he is on form , scored 3 goals in 2 games ..bla bla bla . But in the end he was totally outclassed by Pepe , so that isn't a guarantee that if Messi was there he could cause much damage . If Marcelo played , i could have agreed with you but Heinze was very solid out there .