From Rags To Riches V. - The REAL Challenge.

Hi and welcome to Rags To Riches V. - The REAL Challenge.

THE STORY.
In this day and age when all the top leagues have this sense of predictability about them, a new dawn will eventually be upon us.

THE STORY SO FAR.
This is now the fifth version of what has become a cult classic for a few managers, however this time I am open to ideas to perhaps make it a little different to it's predecessors.

THE CONCEPT.
Is a simple one, there will be 4 divisions each consisting of 12 clubs. Division one will consist of two top clubs from Italy, Spain, France and Germany and the remaining four will be Arsenal, Man United, Man City and Chelsea, the idea is to make this set up as difficult as possible and these clubs just add a tougher dimension to proceedings. Division 2 will consist of the next best 12 clubs from the Premier league with Division 3 actually having 4 Premier league plus 8 Championship clubs, thus proving how difficult this set-up should be compared to those in the past.

Also the maximum amount of clubs that will be promoted is 3, top 2 automatically and 3rd place via the play-offs.

Starting with original squads and a transfer budget of £30 million the aim is simple, to take your team from the lower leagues to Division 1, a difficult task in itself. To be named the "Ultimate Manager" you will need to complete the following:

~ Win Division 1
~ Win the Domestic Cup

In the unlikely event that a manager wins the Domestic Cup(s) outside of Division 1, this does count towards your trophy tally.

So the rules regarding budget are as follows:

~ Season 1 - Spend £10 million out of your budget + sales.
~ Season 2 - Spend anything you have above £10m + sales.
~ Season 3 - Spend anything you have above 5m + sales.
~ Season 4 onwards - Spend whatever funds you have.

Please note you can't spend over the allocated budget for each season and then sell players to get your budget in line. Anyone seen to be doing this will be punished.

Unlike in the original, all managers will start in division 4, the amount of clubs managed will be 12, those 12 clubs are chosen and are at the bottom of this post with a stadium capacity no higher than 17.5k

So there we have it, I am hoping that if you like a real challenge where being a great manager is not enough but a great tactician, strategist and scout as well as being able to run a club on a financial shoe string will be of great importance, with a definitive goal which is to be the best then this set up will appeal to you.

There can only be one winner, do you think you have what it takes to be crowned the best?

For those of you who need to add me in game click here

STANDARD GAME WORLD RULES

ECONOMY LEVEL:
Normal.

PLAYER CONCERNS:
Off.

SMFA MONITORING TRANSFERS:
Off.

CAN ONLY OFFER CASH TO CLUBS IN DEALS:
No.

NO BUYING FROM UNMANAGED CLUBS
Off.

NO BUYING FROM EXTERNAL CLUBS:
Off.

NO BUYING PLAYERS OVER THE AGE OF:
Any.

CANNOT DO CASH TRANSFERS OVER:
Any.

TRANSFER WINDOWS:
Off.

CAN ONLY BUY PLAYERS WITH THE SAME NATIONALITY AS YOUR CLUB:
Off.

MANAGERS SACKED IF THEY FINISH BOTTOM:
Off.

PLAY-OFFS:
On.

MANAGERS MUST LOGIN TO THIS GAME WORLD AT LEAST EVERY:
14 Days.

MANAGERS

Matt72 - Swindon Town

JonnyRed - Swindon Supermarine

Sunnyskeg - Bury

Noisy - Blackpool

Smut - Motherwell

Ashtini - Peterborough

Drseanfitz - Oxford United

Keystone - Walsall

Pedro - Chesterfield

Huddo - St. Johnstone

Laura - Luton town

Altai Barron - Partick Thistle

RESERVE LIST

Son Of Pluto
Pip
Gweim

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You can get out of bed and leave the house now Matt, you won yesterday and it doesn't look like you will be playing Bury next season. Now have a shave , a bath, feed the dog and make a new custom

No rating cap since it won't be required since most teams are going to be poor.

We all know you choose a naff club because you can use it as an excuse when you fail. Well not this time since we all start with empty squads.

Count me in pal, love the concept. I prefer option 2 personally. That we you will now the exact starting value of each club at the start

I agree. To be honest all it's predecessors have had original squads I just wanted to see if anyone wanted anything a little different. Buying off unmanaged might be worth switching off for season one so managers can pick up some youngsters from the top clubs as well.

It seems option 2 is the preferred option, it does add balance to the set up as everyone starts on an even keel and also makes it far easier to find clubs that have a 17.5k stadium capacity without having a squad value that I would likely deem to large. Son of Pluto has stated via PM that it would be better to lower the transfer budget from 35 million to 25 million. Any thoughts?

I'd like to join, i'll even promise not to mention that the Sunderland and Middlesbrough play in a different league.

I would go with empty squads as everyone sells off their original squad at the start.

I suggest that you turn off concerns, sm havn't got this sorted and we won't be building big high rated squads .

Economy - the higher you set it, the easier it is going to be for the 4 promoted to keep getting promoted, that means teams not promoted the first season not being able to catch up, which might lead to managers leaving.

I'd like Norrkoping if i am allowed to join.

No worries Jonny. Any ideas on the two options I have suggested in regards to empty or original squads?

i'm not fussed for either option really Matt.. Option 2 is holding sway.. maybe a rating cap the first season of 87?? saying that its always difficult getting top rateds on board straight away from past experience! 

I thought most people's preference was original squads but I am now doubting myself.I think it would work well if everyone started with empty squads since we will all start on a level playing field.

As for clubs if people want to choose there own I am happy with that, less work for me. Do I open up the club selection to clubs world wide or just British clubs?