From Rags To Riches V. - The REAL Challenge.

Thx Ash and Steve, much appreciated!

Matt should just do what's best for the setup tho. If he believes a very reduced number of clubs is more advisable, then sticking with his original plan is sensible.

If I get a saythen I believe empty squads would be the faor thing to do for everybody, but I'd be game for anything.

EDIT: in case Matt wants no more than 2 additional managers, I'd let Huddo have my place. He deserves it, like Laura.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You can get out of bed and leave the house now Matt, you won yesterday and it doesn't look like you will be playing Bury next season. Now have a shave , a bath, feed the dog and make a new custom

No rating cap since it won't be required since most teams are going to be poor.

We all know you choose a naff club because you can use it as an excuse when you fail. Well not this time since we all start with empty squads.

Matt, hope you don't mind a new look at this set up.

I suggest 3 Divisions of 14 or 16 and have the unmanaged clubs very strong and chosen from around the world.

Then mix up the unmanaged teams so you have the likes of Madrid and City in Div 2.

Maximum promotion places to be available.

The reason for this is that you won't get a breakaway group of clubs each season.As it stands, the promoted clubs will become a small group getting promoted every season with a 2nd group one division behind the following season. If you have it the way i suggested then it would be very hard to get into Division 1 in 2 seasons, which will mean a lot more managed clubs in Division 2 at the start of season 3.

We keep seeing that managed clubs will beat unmanaged clubs if they are within a team rating of 2 or 3, so having top sides stopping managed clubs being promoted in season 2 could mean far more interest for those who didn't get promoted in the first season. 

13 hours ago, pedrooliveira said:

Thx Ash and Steve, much appreciated!

Matt should just do what's best for the setup tho. If he believes a very reduced number of clubs is more advisable, then sticking with his original plan is sensible.

If I get a saythen I believe empty squads would be the faor thing to do for everybody, but I'd be game for anything.

EDIT: in case Matt wants no more than 2 additional managers, I'd let Huddo have my place. He deserves it, like Laura.

Very kind Pedro but you deserve a spot before me!

Im also going to be on holidays soon with limited internet so im happy to be on the waiting list

Right I am tweaking this, so Huddo, Pedro and Laura are in and the set up will now have 12 managers and unfortunately son of pluto is dropped to the reserve list. I am doing what is right for the set up so sticking with those I know to be reliable and regular in my set ups. 

Secondly after discussions with Steve and Ash we have decided to make Division 1 consist of 2 top clubs from Italy, Spain, France and Germany. The idea is to make he set up as difficult as possible and avoid the previous situations whereby one manger steals a march on the rest and nobody is able to catch them. Division 2 is going to consist of 12 real life premier league clubs with Division 3 consisting of 4 premiership clubs plus 8 championship clubs like Newcastle, Villa and Norwich to name but a few. As you can see this is making it far more difficult than the rest.

Thirdly I am going to allow the maximum amount of promotions possible. Now do we have the final promotion spot down to the play-offs or not?

Finally 4 divisions or 5? 4 would really be better in my opinion as division 3 is going to be ridiculously tough to get out of for those who are lucky enough to gain promotion.

Can chosen managers please read the OP. I have changed things slightly in order to make the set up even more competitive. Only decision left to be made is whether the final promotion spot should be automatic or via the play-offs. Play-offs would certainly give a wider pool of managers the opportunity to gain promotion so I for one am in favour of it.

New rules are applied and it will not be empty squads, had to change some clubs so squad values can all be as close as possible apart from Jonny who has an excuse if he does poorly. OP oultines which clubs those managers will have whose original clubs I have had to change. Sorry for the mix up however I am about to create it now. Also can all managers please apply for there clubs as for some reason I am unable to offer clubs out.

1 hour ago, Matt72 said:

The set-up is now created. For some reason it will not allow me to offer out clubs so you will all have to apply.

Edit: Don't bother applying, A glaring blunder has been made which has been missed, not just by myself but other experienced creators. Need to create the set up again and tweak the rules.

We understand, it has been a long time since Newcastle have been in the top half of the league, must be hard to control your joy.

12 hours ago, pedrooliveira said:
12 hours ago, pedrooliveira said:

Damn, how on earth didn't I think about that empty squad factor?! :/

Applied for Luton.

Bit naughty that mind Pedro when I assigned Luton to Laura and Chesterfield to you. If I had not been on my phone and as such not paying much attention I would have never accepted your application. I updated the OP and as such you would have been aware of the club issued to you.