georgie34

Pat's Euro League (ID 338046) - with side rules

43 minutes ago, Middle_Finger said:

I am averse to rewarding div2 n 3 winners. I understand your point for rewarding all the division winners. But here's my point of view. Now the squad value limit is 400m. Say a team from division 2 wins the league and is rewarded extra 5m. So that totals to 405m for that team and still 400m for other div1 clubs? That's not fair now is it? Hence rewards only div1 winner makes more sense and means less complications. Getting promoted to division 1 and 2 is a reward in itself. The rest I agree with

to be fair a very valid point. It would seem unfair a team in Div 2 or 3 getting a bonus when 3rd place in Div 1 gets nothing

1 hour ago, dhruv5588 said:

Georgie34 this was my explanation to both Michael and dhruv5588;  Just say a team from div3 gets back to back promotions. That's 10m advantage. And for say I have mane and he increases taking my value over 400m but less than 405m. Dude I lose higuain/bonnucci/buffon that's a huge advantage to other teams. I suggested pat to revise the max squad value to 410 for div1 405 for 2 and 400 for 3. That way if a club from div 2 is rewarded its still 410m. 

1 hour ago, georgie34 said:

I do agree with Michael in that it simply is a small incentive for the teams lower down

Just say a team from div3 gets back to back promotions. That's 10m advantage. And for say I have mane and he increases taking my value over 400m but less than 405m. Dude I lose higuain/bonnucci/buffon that's a huge advantage to other teams. I suggested pat to revise the max squad value to 410 for div1 405 for 2 and 400 for 3. That way if a club from div 2 is rewarded its still 410m. 

11 minutes ago, Middle_Finger said:
1 hour ago, dhruv5588 said:

Georgie34 this was my explanation to both Michael and dhruv5588;  Just say a team from div3 gets back to back promotions. That's 10m advantage. And for say I have mane and he increases taking my value over 400m but less than 405m. Dude I lose higuain/bonnucci/buffon that's a huge advantage to other teams. I suggested pat to revise the max squad value to 410 for div1 405 for 2 and 400 for 3. That way if a club from div 2 is rewarded its still 410m. 

2 things.

1. if div 3 team got back to back promotion then that team deserved it and I think its still tough for that div.3 team in div 1 because all top players are occupied.

2. Rule of "selling top player due to riser in squad takes value above 400" that need to review/rethink. Manager must not loose their 94 rated player just because 85-86 rated player rose to 88-89 suddenly. Instead of that he must sell any player and bring back the squad value under 400 again.

1 minute ago, dhruv5588 said:

2 things.

1. if div 3 got back to back promotion then he deserved it and I think its still tough for that div.3 team in div 1 because all top players are occupied.

2. that rule of "selling top player due to riser in squad takes value above 400" that need to review/rethink. Manager must not losse their 94 rated player just because 85-86 rated player rised to 88-89 suddenly. Instead of that he must sell any player and bring back the squad value under 400 again.

Ok we are all too using too much of our brain especially me :).  Let's just keep it to rewards discussion for season 1. And the only question is should div2 and 3 be rewarded for gaining promotion.

And for the point you make dhruv Dortmund, Napoli, atletico, etc are in div 2 and 3. All the teams are good in this GW. have a look at zenits squad better than mine if you take age as a factor too.

4 hours ago, dhruv5588 said:

2 things.

1. if div 3 team got back to back promotion then that team deserved it and I think its still tough for that div.3 team in div 1 because all top players are occupied.

2. Rule of "selling top player due to riser in squad takes value above 400" that need to review/rethink. Manager must not loose their 94 rated player just because 85-86 rated player rose to 88-89 suddenly. Instead of that he must sell any player and bring back the squad value under 400 again.

This is the core rule of this GW - i could not possible change it

I love the idea of managers having to take into account their budget. Spending wisely and making sure that if players rise they stay within the budget. Selling any player is no punishment. Selling their best player is harsh i would agree, but it ensures every manager is paying attention all of the time..........or at least they should be!

Guys i am looking at setting a date where all clubs MUST be under both caps for clarity more than anything. I think before KO of Game 1 is not going to happen so I want views on a date. ie before KO of Game 5 for example???