A little too late for SM?

Hello,

Its been a long time since I have posted in the forum.

There are going to be many changes to SM Worlds coming in the following months that will move the game in many ways back more towards what it used to be in the years gone by.

The first thing and possibly the most important of these is the approach that we will take.  We will be a lot more engaged with the community going forward,, especially right here in the forum,  You are now going to see us about a lot more, just like you used to.  

Secondly we will be working through a whole range of issues to improve the game and forum.  Its your game and we want and need you to work with us to improve very aspect of it (including the forum itself).  We will also be very transparent on the changes we are doing 

Every few weeks a batch of changes will be placed in the game and they will be logged at the thread below.  We will also be asking for your help shaping the future changes we do.

Hugely promising to see but is it a bit too late when the forums been gutted and the best managers have already left?

Honestly, we know the difference but do you actually believe the new guys (specially the ones that joined after the 10th anniversary) will engage with the old format or something? This will be a huge marketing decision as SM is not guaranteed to get back the old managers but have to make sure the new ones do not leave. I can't wait to see the changes. My only wish is that with all the changes SM doesn't push me out. 

2 hours ago, SM Dev (Andy) said:

Thats good, hopefully its the start of more welcoming changes for you.

We have also put back the top 50 managers from years ago. Not the most important issue I admit but was simple to put in.

I'd like to see the average points one being calculated over much longer than 15 games, say 50 minimum. But as you say its not an important issue.

SM Lads honestly.. are ye taking the piss or what???

I read today a load of crap about listening to the community blah blah blah, yet nowhere do I see an upcoming update to reinstate the chat function....

Something that members have been screaming out for since it was pulled for reasons unknown.... 

BTW, the new interface is too bright, again why did SM remove the 'Dark theme' option... members actually used it! 

The worst part is the taking away of functions WITHOUT ANY EXPLANATION.... we are just left to deal with whatever changes and thrown upon us....

Not all bad today though, some good changes too, a nice start but a long ways to go

You have to get real with the actual aspects of the game.  I have just taken over a 5th Division side with less than average players. You have to start building a squad to compete in the League at the start of the new season.

So pre-season build up I get Friendlies against 3 First Division teams,3 Second Division Teams.one from the 3rd Dvision and one from the Fourth. How are you supposed to prepare for a new season building a team and giving them confidence  when you have to play out and out defence against these teams to try and keep the score reasonable? 

There should be a build up against teams from the SAME division first building up to stronger opposition just before the season starts.

My Chairman gives me the task of avoiding relegation. Some hope with that pre season.

Make one of your changes REALISM.

Useless

I have 100 players. 70 are younger.

Please, I don't need to select one to one to put all the young players on loan list, I need a "select all" button and then I manually leave the others 30 "first team" players from the list.

A simple html help :

<SELECT>
  <OPTION>All
  <OPTION>None
  <OPTION>Under 25
  <OPTION>Under 21
  <OPTION>Under 18
</SELECT>

apply "select" button to your php query and it's done.

And please, apply this also for the old (and better) interface

12 hours ago, lunastorta said:

Useless

I have 100 players. 70 are younger.

Please, I don't need to select one to one to put all the young players on loan list, I need a "select all" button and then I manually leave the others 30 "first team" players from the list.

A simple html help :

<SELECT>
  <OPTION>All
  <OPTION>None
  <OPTION>Under 25
  <OPTION>Under 21
  <OPTION>Under 18
</SELECT>

apply "select" button to your php query and it's done.

And please, apply this also for the old (and better) interface

Yes may I add my support for this but of course SM would like 70 extra clicks more than they appreciate customer satisfaction maybe? Actually perhaps it's more than 70 clicks too to get them back on the loan list or Transfer list. Managers leave & SM require more clicks (activity) to impress potential advertisers?