Bury Football Club- EC33333: The Journey

Nick Justice

logo.jpg

Bury smash a strong Port Vale side 5-0, as on-loan United striker Rashford bags a hat-trick!

MATCH-DAY 14: LEAGUE ONE

Image result for EFL league one logo

2238.gifBury 5-0 Port Vale  Image result for port vale logo

Gigg Lane(11,840)

K.O: 20:00

Scorers: Stephen Kinglsey(2), Marcus Rashford(19,39,66), Peet Bijen(59)

First Half:

Bury came into this fixture with a very solid looking Port Vale side boasting the likes of David Villa and Antonio Cassano, but being unbeaten in their last 3 league games  you could forgive them for being a tad optimistic ahead of the game. 

It wasn't long into the first half...2 minutes in fact when the home side found themselves ahead in the game through Scotland International Stephen Kingsley, the 22-year-old struck a beautiful shot into the top corner past former Porto keeper Helton in the Vale net... what a start from the Shakers. It wasn't too long after that and a dominant spell saw the home side reduced to 10-men when on-loan Southampton full-back Matt Targett received a striaght red-card for a professional foul. Was this to be the downfall in the game for Bury? If it was no-one told them as two minutes later on-loan striker Marcus Rashford grabbed himself a delightful goal! What a start to a game 2 goals and one red card in under 20 minutes! A very lively start at the sold-out Gigg Lane. For the next 15 minutes it was a very end-to-end fixture with both sides having their own chances to score. Not long before the break 10-man Bury found the net yet again to make it 3-0 with Marcus Rashford bagging himself a brace in the first half. 

What a half of football! 3 goals and 1 red card all for the same team....

H/T: 3-0

Second Half:

The second-half started just as the first half ended a great display from the home side Bury; they could of been 4 or 5 up before even the 50th minute! It was just before the hour mark when the home side found the net yet again this time Dutch center-back and former FC Twente man Peet Bijen rose above the Vale defenders to head in his sides 4th of the game...not bad for a team with only 10 men on the field. What a performance so far from the Shakers against a very strong Port Vale. Bury were to round of the scoring when loanee Marcus Rashford completed his hat-trick in the 66th minute! What a game from Bury

F/T:5-0

A strong performance from the lads against a very good Port Vale, we got all three points and that means we can use that and keep the unbeaten momentum from the past 4 games now and keep it going strong. We spoke to the gaffer after the game, who had this to say, "We played very well considering how good the opposing teams squad is, as I've already said i'm so pleased that we have gone toe to toe with some of the better sides in the division as we look to establish ourselves in this division. Its a very tough league and a very packed schedule and we may on paper not have the strongest team in the division but we are putting up a big fight and pulling our own! We must keep the momentum going for our game on Saturday against Chesterfield .   "

Image result for marcus rashford 2016

A brilliant performance from Manchester United loanee Marcus Rashford as he scores his first Bury hat-trick against Port Vale in a 5-0 victory at Gigg Lane.

logo.jpg

Bury one place of the Play-offs after 1-0 away win at Chesterfield, 

MATCH-DAY 15: LEAGUE ONE

Image result for chesterfield fc logoChesterfield 0-1 Bury  2238.gif

The Proact Stadium(10,504)

Scorers:Marcus Rashford(10)

First Half:

Bury came into this fixture being four games unbeaten having won 5-0 last time out- the Shakers found themselves just below the play-off spots heading into this fixture against a side boasting some big names such as Luis Fabiano, Alberto Zapater among others in their ranks. Bury were without suspended on-loan Southampton left-back Matt Targett. A big loss but with a re-shuffle Stephen Kingsley found himself at left-back whilst on-loan Manchester City attacker Kelechi Iheanacho played wide left in the Bury midfield. Chesterfield got the game under way and had a dominant spell in the first 5 minutes and could have taken an early lead through former Brazil and Sevilla star ~Luis Fabiano before a cracking save from Bury keeper Jerome Prior. The home side looked the stronger of the two sides in the opening stages, so it was to a surprise of many in the stadium when the visitors put themselves ahead on the 10 minute mark when on-loan Manchester United striker Marcus Rashford  scored his 3rd goal in his past 2 games. The home side continued to break down the Bury defence but for a string of good saves from the Bury keeper it could have been a very different scoreline going into the first half interval, but it was to remain 0-1.

H/T: 0-1

Second Half:

The second-half started just as the first half ended a very dominant looking Chesterfield side having attempt after attempt but with not prevail as the solid French youngster Jerome Prior in the Bury goal made save after save. You could see the frustrations coming out of the Chesterfield bench- Was they going to score today or is it one of those games? It seemed that way when yet another chance went begging from the home side. 

It wasn't that Bury did not have their chances it is just that the home side had so much more without any luck! Bury got lucky this time with a 0-1 victory moving them within a point of the play-off places.

F/T:0-1

A lucky game from the lads against a very amazing Chesterfield, we got all three points and that means we can use that and keep the unbeaten momentum from the past 5 games now and keep it going strong as we eye a place in the illustrious play-off places. We spoke to the gaffer after the game, who had this to say, "We got very lucky considering how good the opposing teams squad was today and how many chances they had, as I've already said i'm so pleased that we have such a small amount of difference in our league position to some of the big boys in the division! Before the season we could only of dreamed of making this kind of start to the season.  We now go again with an eye on another big side in Bradford City this Wednesday. "

Image result for Jerome Prior

A brilliant performance man of the match Jerome Prior in the Bury net helped his side scrape a 1-0 victory away at Chesterfield.

logo.jpg

Bury beat Bradford City to move into the play-off spots 

MATCH-DAY 16: LEAGUE ONE

2238.gifBury 2-0 Bradford  Image result for Bradford city logo

Gigg Lane(11,840)

Scorers: Ashley Fletcher (62), Sebastien Lletget(78)

First Half:

Bury came into this fixture with a solid Bradford City -the home side found themselves one spot of the play-offs coming into the game and on a run of 5 games unbeaten in League competition. 

Therefore you could understand the Bury fans sense of optimism leading up to this game, prior to the season kick-off Bury's expectations were to ensure there safety in the division and with still 30 league games to go there's a lot to happen but at the moment the Northerners are in good stead. 

The action got underway at Gigg Lane as the hosts kicked-off...

It was a very end-to-end start as the home side had a chance that was equally met by the Bradford keeper and in an otherwise quite quiet half it wasn't much to cheer about or right home about as both sides matched up perfectly.

Not much to write home about in this first half, as the end end's goalless.

H/T: 0-0

Second Half:

The second-half started in a much different manor to that of the first half! Whatever the Bury gaffer Nick Justice had said to his team in the half-time interval had worked wonders.

After a solid and dominant start from Bury in the second half, surely it was only a few short moments away from a goal in the second-half....?

It wasn't quite as quick as many had expected from the home side but in the 62nd minute former Manchester United and West Ham United striker Ashley Fletcher put his Bury side in the lead. 1-0 to Bury! the Striker was filling the void left by Kelechi Iheanacho after a suspension for Matt Targett led to the Nigerian Iheanacho to feature wider on the field whilst former United man Ashley Fletcher teamed up with on-loan Man Utd starlet Marcus Rashford.

After the solid finish from Ashley Fletcher the home side looked hungry for me and had a few bites more at the cherry before scoring their second goal of the game. When former West Ham United and LA Galaxy midfielder Sebatien Lletget struck perfectly into the bottom corner of former Lyon and current Bradford keeper Remi Vercourte goal. This meant that it was now 2-0 and as unlikely as it would seem for Bury to throw away a two goal lead with only moments left of the game- but the visitors had their own chances but just couldn't beat Jerome Prior in the Bury nets. 

It were to end 2-0 to the home side as they climbed up another spot under Justice and now found themsleve sin the last play-off spot.

Another strong performance from the lads against a very physical and strong Bradford City side, we got all three points and that means we can use that and keep the unbeaten momentum from the past 6 games now! Ensuring that we are to keep it going strong. We spoke to the gaffer after the game, who had this to say, "We played very well today and gained another greta win as we've moved up the table quite fast this term. We are delighted with the position we are currently  sitting in so far this season and we've done much better than even I had thought to expect. "

Image result for sebastien lletget

A terrific goal yet again for the stand in midfielder Sebastian Lletget, who helped his Bury side defeat Bradford this evening.

• 10 months later...

logo.jpg

Bury Update Season 3 Thus Far...

Due to work commitments and the pure fact the forum died twice over I decided to stop writing here, but I thought I'd give all you eager readers of these an update (If anyone is still here that is!)- EC33333 is still going on very much so as strong and as full as ever, and now has two sister GW in MLS 33333 and Italia 33333, which look themselves to be tasty leagues in the making. 

Anyway back to the point in hand, and my side Bury, well I've been in charge of the club for just a little over a year now, and we find ourselves starting strong in season 3. We currently sit third, after 9 wins on the bounce, just goal difference separating us and 2nd place Chesterfield, whilst a strong Oxford United remain on top. But we are none the less still in Division 3,  but this season looks to be finally going in a decent direction for us, not to mention how much my team has progressed from a year ago or just under since I last reported on my Bury side. In fact I shall post my Squad below...

Goalkeepers: 

Alexander Schwolow(86)

Jorn Brondeel (75)

Defenders:

Jordan Amavi (86)

Jamal Lascelles (85)

Jerry St.Juste (84)

Thilo Kehrer (82)

Jeremy Toljan (86)

Marcelo Djalo (82)

Javi Manquillo (86)

Felix Gotze (70)

Kyle Walker-Peters (70)

Ashley Smith-Brown (75)

Midfielders:

Manuel Locatelli (86) ON LOAN

Maxime Lopez (86) ON LOAN

Nathaniel Chalobah (84)

Valerio Verre (86)

Romaine Sawyers (82)

Bobby Reid (78)

Milot Rashica (84)

Vlad Dragomir (75)

Frederik Jensen (77)

Herson Alves (70)

Vladmir Sureciu (77)

Forwards:

Yussuf Poulsen (88)

Bertrand Traore (86) ON LOAN

Elias Kachunga (85)

Luca Waldschmidt (80)

Sean Maguire (78)

Muggy Mike From Love Island (70)

Some where brought in to keep the likes of Poulsen, Chalobah and more who look likely to continue to improve, whilst others have come and gone to make a profit, either through being a riser or just simply a Free Agent, but personally I'm delighted with the side I've managed to put together thus far in a very strong league, with some top, top managers!

It has not been easy at all, and we've had to sacrifice some brilliant talent along the way to fund moves for some of the bigger players and help to enhance the team as a whole as we finally look to push on from Division 3. It was always going to be a long term project with the way I done deals to bring the club forward, rather than hitting the OAP market thats cheap and higher rated, like with all my teams I've always opted to go with the long term and sustainable route of building a top class squad.

We have like I say been a bit wayward in the past two seasons, and seen our side go up the table and then go on a bit of a poor run, then a solid run. At last there seems to be some form of consistency within the side as we continue to build this season, we are facing Mattuie Beckett's (Mr.Hammer) Swindon next who like all his team are build with all 32 yo plus, rated highly! So it will be a tough ask to beat them and reach the 10 game winning streak, but I really do hope it is something that we can achieve as a club, and not only that but also continue to progress forward up the league table and try to be there or there about come the end of Season 3. 

We are currently on game 20 of the season, and I'm on 120 games in charge, and despite a number of 'bigger' clubs coming free over time I've never ever even been slightly tempted to take on another team! I took some time away from the game having joined in 2006, and on my return last year I took on this Bury side as my first team and I haven't looked back since, and I've joined some top leagues, the likes of Top100, TFF and The Level Play Field along with a number of top Gold Championship's but this is still by and far my top and favourite team.

I'm looking to continue to add to the side, and bring them onto the next level, especially if we do somehow find ourselves in a tough division 2 next season. 

So that is a general catch-up on what's happened, of course I could bring you an in detailed description of game by game but we would be here for some time, and well I know this may well not even be fully read by a lot of people but I hope it'll get somewhat some interaction and it's been worth my time as I do enjoy writing a lot and especially I love to write about football and this game that I've been so very fond of for the last decade.

Until the next time, I hope you enjoy the read and come back soon as I would like to start doing some more little updates here and there...

C'mon the Bury!

BFC5-1.jpg

120 games in charge at this beautiful stadium, that we like to call Gigg Lane AKA Home sweet home!