Machine

CanAmJam: Boom & Bust!

Humble Lions announce new Captain

Humble_Lions_FC.png

Jamaican powerhouses Humble Lions have announced John Terry as their new captain. The former Chelsea and England captain brings a wealth of experience to the side and was seen as an obvious appointment as captain. Goalkeeper and CamAmJam player, Brad Guzan has been named the vice captain. 

Terry was humbled by the announcement stating "I am humbled to be the captain of Humble Lions. I hope to be a humble and gracious leader who will lead by example and stay away from any of my team mate's wives."

The club has completed the signing of three more players with a fourth on his way for a medical. Michel Bastos arrives from Brazillian club Sao Paulo for 2.1million. Primarily a left back, he can also play a range of attacking positions and his versatility will be a huge advantage for manager KopStar. Nicolai Jorgensen also completed his move to Effortvile Community Centre. The Danish striker spent a number of successful seasons in his home country before his form at new club Ajax, caught the eye of the Jamaican club. Another versatile player, he can play in all attacking positions. The final completed signing today was that of talented Australian, Jackson Irvine. Since moving to the Championship from Scotland, Irvine was in great form and sad that the move to the Humble Lionass w next logical step up in his career after dominating Championship midfields. 

Turkish attacker, Enes Unal, who has been in superb form on loan at Utrecht from parent club Manchester City, is on his way to have a medical and complete his move. A bid of 2.8million was previously accepted and  he will now team up with another ex Manchester City team mate, Aaron Mooy. Like Irvine, Mooy left the Championship after bossing the midfield in every game he played for Huddersfield. 

Humble Lions are still expected to make one or two more signings before completing the squad, despite currently have 23 players on their books.

Pheonix FC

Dan Bentley (80) - one of the most talented young English goalkeepers, established himself as the regular at Brentford.

Cole Kpekawa (75) - the most recent young talented defender at Barnsley, think QPR will regret letting him go this summer.

Reece Oxford (77) - huge talent, may not be a huge immediate riser but one for the long haul.

Stephen Kingsley (78) - our best left back, plenty of game time already this season and a Scotland call up in the summer despite huge competition. 

Philip Billing (76) - just coming back from injury so hasn't played this season, but has run games at Championship level and reportedly got Premier League interest.

Kasey Palmer (75) - showing his class for Huddersfield and he's still only 19, only recently got a rise to 75 but I'd expect a further rise or two to follow over the course of the season.

Josh Windass (75) - the highlight of the season for Rangers so far, classy player and strong as well, establishing himself as one of the better players in the SPL.

Jason Cummings (78) - pure goalscorer, 8 in 8 so far this season and 55 in 117 for Hibs despite only being 21. He's probably limited to a rise of 80 this season whilst in the Scottish Championship, but next season he should be making the step up to the SPL.

Leigh Griffiths (85) - he'll be one of a few higher rated signings in my squad this season, expecting a rise to 86 and hopefully plenty of goals.

Image result for VSI Tampa Bay

VSI Tampa Bay make major announcements after the arrival of new boss Nick Justice

It was announced just a few days ago that English manager Nick Justice would take over at American amateur football club VSI Tampa Bay and turn them into a professional club as well as bring the club back to life after its liquidation several years ago. With the name rights sorted from the club and the stadium in Plant City set to be the home of the club, the Directors and new owners gave the new gaffer a budget of £60 million to try to put together the best squad he could to compete with the other sides in the division. With all the squads being given a similar budget to work with so with that Justice set out on a worldly trip to find some amazing talent and try his best to lure them from their elite European teams which in itself would be quite the feat from the new American minnows.

We caught up with Justice ahead of his tour of the European continent to find talent, he had this to say " Yes I'm delighted that we have been given the budget given and I'll do my best with my team of scouts to find the best possible players at our disposal to bring to the club, we will try our best to bring in players with one eye on the future of the club and making it more sustainable than it was previously before its liquidation a few years ago. I like to feel I have good footballing brain and can use that to bring in some of the best talents. We will for sure look locally at some American and Canadian players as well to blooster the squad depth, we are all excited to be here in the States and take part in what will be a great challenge with this club as we look to climb the leagues to the illustrious MLS."

With that we have seen a number of new faces arrive at the club in the past few days at VSI Tampa Bay, a number of young players a players with experience in some of the most elite competitions worldwide. Lets take a closer look into the new players and the squad that Nick Justice the new gaffer has been able to piece together since his arrival..

Goalkeepers:

Brad Jones(82)- The experienced Australian shot stopper looks set to be the no.1 in Tampa this season; after a great stint in Holland with Feyenoord. This is what led Justice to the 34-year-old goalkeeper as he believes he can progress even at this stage in his career. This is what he had to say, " Brad is a brilliant goalkeeper with some brilliant qualities and I knew I wanted him here with me at VSI, he has been brilliant since a young age and here he can bloom and be given regular football and hopefully progress even at his age. Goalkeepers are like a fine wine, they get better with age!" 

Some strong words on the new shot-stopper at VSI Tampa Bay, let's hope that he can keep up his great work at Feyenoord in the states and progress into an even better goalkeeper.

cid217201_JonesVI04_1180_580x310.jpg

Brad Jones the new no.1 at the Plant Stadium? Will he be as good as he has been recently for Feyenoord? Only time will tell for the 34-year-old Australian shot stopper

Wes Foderingham(80)- The former Swindon goalkeeper has been a revelation since his move to the Ibrox and at only 25-year-old he still has a lot to offer for VSI Tampa Bay this season and will provide some solid back-up to Brad Jones and also play cup games this season. The English born goalkeeper is highly regarded by Justice who had this to say, " Wes is a quality goalkeeper and I've watched him progress from his days at Swindon Town to now and I'm delighted we were able to bring him to club and hopefully he can push Brad the whole way as they both look to battle for the no.1 jersey here." 

Justice has high hopes for the 25-year-old English shot-stopper after his switch from Rangers in the SPFL just a day or two ago. The keeper had become quite the fan favorite since his move but he decided that a move to Tampa was a right decision for his career and to progress as a goalkeeper.

Image result for wes foderingham

Foderingham set to battle Jones for the illusive number 1 jersey after switching Rangers of Scotland for Tampa of the United States of America.

Defenders:

Brendan Galloway(83)- The former Everton and West Bromwich Albion  defender has now decided to ply his trade in the United States after making his switch to VSI Tampa Bay. The 20-year-old has made an impressive start to his career in England and playing at youth levels in England; so it was a bit of a surprise he decided that a move to the States but he feels that with the direction that the club is moving in that this was the move for him. The gaffer said this about the full-back, " Brendan is a class act and I'm delighted he decided that a move here was right for him and It is great we've managed to lure him to the club and that he was able to agree a deal to sign for us here in Tampa."

A brilliant young English talent that has decided to try out playing in a different country with a different style under Justice will only be good for the National side as he looks to earn himself a place in Big Sam's squad eventually.

branden.jpg

Brendan Galloway joins Tampa in 5-year-deal from Everton after loan spell cut short at West Bromwich Albion in the Premier League.

Matt Targett(83)- The full-back like Galloway has great potential as a young English full-back, the former Saints defender Matt Targett, agreed to switch the south-coast of England for America and Tampa Bay. The 21-year-old has a wealth of ability as he has shown thus far this season with Southampton and we hope he can re-create that form here in America. Nick had this to say on his acquisition, " Matt is a talented young man and I cannot wait to work with him, he has a great ethic and insight into the right way to play and will for sure be a star in the future of this club. I'm delighted to have him here and hope he can be everything we expect from him."

Image result for matt targett footballer

Highly regarded by former boss Koeman, the defender has now decided to give it a try and play out in the States with VSI Tampa Bay. The 21-year-old has a very bright future.

James Tavernier(80)- The defender has played for a number of clubs previously in England but he become most noticed in recent times for his exploits with Scottish club Rangers and joins ex-teammate Foderingham who will now be team-mates again at VSI Tampa Bay. He is a goal scoring full-back which a rarity and Justice was delighted to get this bit of business done. " Tavernier is a cracking defender and at 24-years-old he still has a lot to offer in terms of time left in terms of time and ability. He will be a great addition to the squad. He is a brilliant player with a great work ethic which is what I look for when signing players."

Image result for james tavernier

James Tavernier is a now a VSI Tampa Bay player after joining Foderingham in switching from Rangers in the SPFL.

Rob Holding(78)- Another great young English talent in Holding has joined up with VSI Tampa Bay after making an impressive start to life at Arsenal since his switch from Bolton Wanderers. So it become quite the surprise when he decided to leave the Emirates to join a side in the 4th Division of American football, but he is said to be joyed with the moved and the future he has in the States and hopes to progress his game playing every week. Justice said this, "What a player this guy is, I'm over joyed that he decided to join us and was surprised when we were able to come to an agreement for Rob Holding. He made a great start in Arsenal and now we hope he can continue to do so here too."

Image result for rob holding

Young 21-year-old English defender Rob Holding switches Arsenal for VSI Tampa Bay of the U.S

Hildeberto Pereira(78)- The young Portuguese defender impressed the VSI Tamps Bay manager during his spell on-loan at Nottingham Forest from SL Benfica. The 20-year-old has a brilliant ability to take players on and beat them and has brilliant skill for a defender. He will provide great cover at the back when required and Justice is not worried about his passion that has seen him receive red-cards in the past being an issue, "Hildeberto is a brilliant young Portuguese player and he has still a lot to learn as a player in terms of not giving away sill fouls or getting involved with other players but you cannot fault his passion or ability, he has them both in abundance."

Image result for hildeberto pereira

Hildeberto Pereira now a VSI Tampa Bay player after a stint with Forest on-loan from SL Benfica, His discipline could be his downfall but Justice feels he is worth the link.

Sam Adekugbe(77)-  The Canadian defender is a great little player and with recently having a stint on-loan at Brighton and Hove Albion in the Championship there is only room for improvement from the 21-year-old. Justice feels this on the signing, " We have to bring in some American players and Canadian players in order to help grow the local game and not only just to bring in players from Europe, so it's great that we were able to bring Sam here and his experience in Vancouver Whitecaps will really help us as we look to progress in the future."

Image result for sam adekugbe

Adekugbe joins from Vancouver Whitecaps after and impressive stint on-loan with Brighton and Hove Albion, at 21-years-old he still has a great career ahead of him.

Felix Passlack(76)-  The German defender/midfielder/attacker is a very versatile player which is great to have at any club. Felix has had a great start to life in Dortmund. However the 19-year-old has decided that a move to VSI Tampa Bay was the right move to progress his career. This guy is super talented and Its a great coup by the club as expressed by the gaffer, " Felix is a world class talent and I'm very pleased he has joined us and cannot wait to get working with him and help him progress as a player! He is a real coup by the club and I'm delighted we managed to get the deal done with a number of other clubs chasing his signature."

Image result for felix passlack

Borussia Dortmund youngster Felix Passlack leaves Germany for the United States on an undisclosed fee.

Midfielders:

Nico Elvedi(83)- The Swiss Central Defensive Midfielder has been a great asset to Borussia Monchengladbach since his break through into the first team. So it came as quite the surprise that he decided to make the switch to VSI Tampa Bay, but he is eager to start his life in the States and progress as a player under his new boss. Justice is said to welcome such a high profile young player to club and is delighted with his capture this is what he had to say on the signing " Nico is one of the best young midfielders in Europe at the time and I'm more than dleighted he has decided to come here and try to improve, which he will for sure do! He will become a world-class footballer of that I am sure!"

Image result for nico elvedi

Nico Elvedi, the new Granit Xhaka? We here at VSI Tampa Bay hope so, what a signing! 

Kevin Stewart(80)- The 23-year-old former Liverpool midfielder was favored by Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp, and found himself involved in a number of first team matches however it is believed he joined VSI in order to porgress and gain first team football on a regular basis. With his ability to play in multiple positions, we are sure he will get those chances every week!, Justice is said to be delighted with this addition to the club, "Kevin is a player I know well and I cannot wait to get started in training with him. He's a hard worker and wants to play football, we cannot wait for him to get out on the pitch and show our fans what he is capable of doing."

Image result for kevin stewart

Former Liverpool midfielder Stewart in VSI Tampa Bay switch in order to gain first team football on a regular basis.

Ruben Loftus-Cheek(82)- The 20-year-old English midfielder who can play anywhere down the middle of midfield will be a great player in years to come at VSI Tampa Bay. The former Chelsea man has completed his move to the States as he looks set for a new challenge in his career and looks to progress as a player. The England U-21 player has been a feature in the first team at Chelsea for the past couple of years but like Stewart is seeking regular first team football. The player is set to be happy with the chance to play and the exciting future the club has with the signings they have made. The boss said this on his addition, "Loftus-Cheek is a brilliant young talent and I know he is capable of great things and he will for sure prove that here at VSI, he is very versatile as a midfielder and has the qualities to play anywhere through the middle of the park."

Image result for ruben loftus-cheek

Ruben Loftus-Cheek an exciting young player is now a part of the VSI Tampa Bay roster after his switch from Chelsea.

Charly Musonda(82)- Joining from Chelsea also is exciting 19-year-old Belgian Charly Musonda after loan spells away from Chelsea, he had finally decided to leave on a permanent basis and head out to VSI Tampa Bay in America. He has been very successful in terms of his ability already at such a young age after his loan spell with Real Betis in Liga BBVA. But now he has a different challenge having come to the States in a very competitive league with very competitive managers. The manager at VSI Nick Justice had this to say, " Charly is a player I have a lot of admiration for, he has a wealth of talent and at such a young age. He is only 19-years-old and yet he has the ability of an experienced midfielder. He will for sure be a hit here."

Image result for charly musonda

Charly Musonda now a VSI player after Chelsea Switch, the 19-year-old is a very talented midfielder with a great amount of skill for a young player

Conor Hourihane(80)- After an impressive start to life at Barnsley in the Championship the Irish midfielder earned himself a call up to the National side. The 25-year-old has a great amount of experience in the football league in England that will provide great amount of experience for the younger players in the squad. A great cheap purchase or so thinks the boss, " Conor is a brilliant experienced player and he can really help to educate our younger players at the club and at only 25 years-old himself, he still has a lot to offer and yet still has that little bit more experience as a player. He was also a very cheap signing for the club in comparison to some of the younger players!"

Image result for conor hourihane

Conor Hourihane joins VSI Tampa Bay after an impressive start to life in the English Championship with Barnsley this season

Sebastian Llteget(80)- The former Hammers player and also former LA Galaxy player, will bring a wealth of experience in playing his football in the MLS which will help VSI as they look to rise up the divisions to the MLS themselves. The 24-year-old midfielder also gives the club a much needed American Talent. Justice is an admirer of the American and feels he deserved more a chance at West Ham before he was sold, yet however since the move he feels he has progressed massively since then. "Sebastian is a quality American player and has a great ability as an attacking midfielder and he will get given a great chance to prove that here and showcase exactly what he can do." 

Image result for sebastian lletget

Former LA Galaxy midfielder Sebastian Llteget is now a player at VSI Tampa Bay having made the switch to help the side reach the MLS.

Jack Grealish(83)- The English 21-year-old has had a mixed start at Aston Villa but there is no denying the ability the player has and Justice feels that's what is best about the player. That he can handle himself well and just play football and do so very well is what made the decision for Justice to bring him to the club. "He is a quality young player and I am pleased he has come here and I feel we can get the best out of him and make him into a better player at the same time. He has had a mixed start but yet still is yet to perform to his full potential but we feel we can get that out of him."

Image result for jack grealish

The 21-year-old England U-21 is now a VSI Tampa Bay player after making the switch from Aston Villa.

Patrick Roberts(80)- The 19-year-old has been a great player since his loan spell to Celtic from Manchester City and has really burst onto the scene since! He was a great young player at Fulham before that too and now he looks set to progress further at VSI Tampa Bay. The young England U-21 will be a great player in the future but he is still a great player now too but will only progress positively. Justice had this to say, "Patrick is a class young winger and has shown that in his time with Fulham and Celtic...At such a young age he still has a lot to learn but yet has learnt so much already having played at such a brilliant club in Celtic. We are delighted he chose to join us here at VSI Tampa Bay and he will become an asset to the club."

Image result for patrick roberts

Patrick Roberts completes switch from Manchester City to VSI Tampa Bay after cutting short his loan spell at Celtic in Scotland to push through the move.

Andreas Pereira(78)- The Brazilian attacking midfielder joins VSI Tampa Bay from Manchester United as a bright prospect and a player with a very exciting future. Its an amazing deal that they've managed to lure him to the States after cutting his loan at Granada in Spain short to complete the move. The 20-year-old has a bright future ahead of him and he will look to fulfill his potential at VSI Tampa Bay. Justice is said to be very happy with this deal, " I'm pleased we were able to bring him in from Manchester United and complete the deal. He has a great amount of potential and we feel he can meet that potential here at VSI."

Image result for andreas pereira

Andreas Pereira completed his move from Manchester United to VSI Tampa Bay earlier this week for and Undisclosed fee.

Jack Harrison(76)- The former Manchester United youth player had made an impressive start to life in America playing in the MLS with New York City FC and now has made the switch to VSI Tampa Bay to help the club progress into an MLS side and use his experience at still only a young age of 19-yeard-old. The English born midfielder has played along side Pirlo, Villa and Lampard in the MLS which will prove great experience as the team looks destined to try and move up the leagues. The gaffer had this to say, "Jack is a great young talent and he already has experience of playing in the MLS and that will be great for us here at VSI. He is 19 and has a lot to learn still and will be a great player in our team and in the future of this club."

Image result for jack harrison

Jack Harrison completed move form MLS side NYCFC to VSI Tampa Bay after impressive start to life in the MLS

Jonathan Ikone(73)- The 18-year-old French Midfielder completed his move from French Champions Paris Saint-Germain with a great amount of expectation. The young player impressed during pre-season on tour in the States which is where the VSI boss got his first look at the young player. He was impressed with what he saw and sought after bringing him to the club. The gaffer said this, "Jonathan is a quality young French midfielder and has a bright future here and will be a great asset to the future of this club."

Image result for jonathan Ikone

Ikone completes move from PSG to VSI Tampa Bay with a bright future ahead of him at only 18-years-old

Modou Barrow(83)- The 24-year-old completed his move from Swansea City to VSI Tampa Bay earlier this week, and after having an impressive end of season last year in the Premier League and an impressive start this season also, it was a surprise that the Swans allowed the player to leave. However Justice was delighted to be able to get the deal done and was happy that the player signed on the dotted line to complete the move, " Modou is a very talented player and at only 24-years-old has a bright future still ahead of him. He had been great since leaving Sweden to play in the Premier League and we feel he will fit right in here at VSI. He has the credentials to be a quality player and will only progress here."

Image result for modou barrow

Barrow is now set to play at VSI Tampa Bay after completing his switch from Swansea City

Isaac Hayden(78)- The English midfielder who didn't quite break into the Arsenal squad had a great spell on-loan at Hull City which led to the interest of Newcastle United in the championship. He had become a regular in their starting XI before deciding to make the switch to America with VSI Tampa Bay. The 21-year-old has an ability to play in a number of different positions which helps add great depth to the squad. Justice said this, " Isaac is a very talented player who can play in the heart of the defence or in the heart of the midfield which gives us great options in bringing him to the club which is great."

Image result for isaac hayden

Strikers:

Alex Iwobi(82)- The Nigerian had made an impressive start to life at Arsenal and at 20-year-old made himself a regular inclusion in Wenger's squad. So when we heard he had completed a move VSI Tampa Bay it came as quite the surprise to many but they were able to bring in the player and convince him to play in America. They paid their record fee of £7.9 million to bring him to the Plant Stadium and Justice feels he will pay that back and more with his ability. He had this to say on his signing, "The amount of talent this young lad has in unreal, he is good enough to be playing at the highest level and we know that... so we are more than grateful that he has decided to come and join us here in Tampa Bay. We spoke a lot before getting the deal done and about how we want the future of the club to go and he was excited by the challenge ahead. which is great to hear and we hope he will have a great future at the club."

Image result for alex iwobi

Alex Iwobi is a record signing for the club, but Justice feels he will be better than the price they paid for him and will provide many goals and assists along the way, at 20-years-old he has a bright future with the club.

Andre Gray(85)- The former Burnley man is a proven goalscorer and that is what the club feel they have got in bringing him to the club. The 25-year-old striker has had his problems in the past but his ability does all the talking on the pitch and with him and Alex Iwobi up front, hopefully goals will not be an issue for the Tampa based club. Justice is hopeful that Gray and Iwobi will be a force up top and will cause all kind of problems for the other clubs in the division. This was the words of the gaffer on Gray, " Andre is a great striker and a proven goalscorer at whatever level he plays at, we are delighted that we have been able to bring him to the club to form a partnership with Alex Iwobi. They can both score and both play brilliantly off another striker, so it should hopefully be a partnership of dreams here at VSI. It was great we managed to lure him from Burnley where he had been so impressive in helping them gain promotion to the Premier League. We worked hard to get him and it will pay off I'm sure of that!"

Image result for andre gray

Andre Gray completes move from Premier League Burnley to VSI Tampa Bay to hopefully form a dream of a partnership between him and Iwobi.

Che Adams(80)- The talented English 20-year-old who can play on the wing or down the middle has talent in abundance; since his break onto the scene at Sheffield United. He then made the move to Birmingham City before now signing for VSI Tampa Bay. The youngster is one in a theme at the club as it seems Justice has brought a number of his fellow Englishmen with him to America. The 20-year-old will provide great cover for the other strikers at the club. Justice is delighted to have been able to bring the young player to the club, "Che is a brilliant young forward and will only add the brilliant strikers we have here already and make for great competition between our strikers...which is always great as it pushes strikers to score more goals, which will only be great for us!"

Image result for che adams

Che Adams completes move from Birmingham City to VSI Tampa Bay to provide strong competition for the strikers at the club.

Jonathan Benteke(77)-  The Belgian had followed his brother to Crystal Palace...but he made a u-turn and joined American side VSI Tampa Bay in a 3-year-deal. The 21-year-Old is a great striker who knows where the net is and will again provide some great coverage up top this season when injuries and that occur at any point. Justice reiterated how much depth is key, " Benteke is a quality player and I'm dleighted to have been able to bring him here and help provide depth in forward positions, depth is key with cup competitions as well as injuries etc than can occur at any point."

Image result for jonathan benteke

Jonathan Benteke leaves Palace for VSI after only a short period in England with his brother Christian

Alphonso Davies(68)- The 15-year-old...yes 15 years of age striker comes in from Vancouver Whitecaps too provide future coverage to the striking position at VSI and have featured in the MLS already at such a young age. Let's hope he's not the next Freddy Adu and goes onto bigger and better things...That is the hopes of VSI boss Justice, "This kid has great ability and a bright future and at only 15 years old he has a long way to go and will have a brilliant future at the club and I cannot wait to see him progress as a player."

Image result for alphonso davies

We hope to see this celebration from the Canadian in the not so distant future at VSI

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, that is the entire squad for now with a very little amount of money left in the kitty at VSI Tampa Bay it is unlikely that we will see many more players at the club; perhaps one more player could join up with the already nice looking squad that has been put together...

With that here is how we expect the team to line-up:

First XI:

Brad Jones(82)

Kevin Stewart(80)--James Tavernier(80)--Brendan Galloway(83)--Matt Targett(83)

--Nico Elvedi(83)--

--Modou Barrow(83)--Jack Grealish(83)--Charly Musonda(82)--

--Andre Gray(85)--Alex Iwobi(82)--

Cup/Second XI:

Wes Foderingham(80)

Hildeberto Periera(78)--Rob Holding(78)--Isaac Hayden(78)--Sam Adekugbe(77)

--Conor Hourihane(80)--

--Che Adams(80)--Ruben Loftus-Cheek(82)--Patrick Roberts(80)--

--Jonathan Benteke(77)--Sebastian Lletget(80)--

RESERVES: Andreas Peirera(78), Felix Passlack(76), Jack Harrison(76), Jonathan Ikone(73), Alphonso Davies(68)

So a very young side but one we here at VSI Tampa Bay feel will improve very quickly and hopefully push people in the league and surprise a number of teams with results. 

Thanks for your time ...sorry its long......

Humble Lions sign Barcelona Star

Humble_Lions_FC.png

Barcelona's rising star Thiago Alcantara has agreed to move to Jamaican after a 6million fee was accepted by Barcelona. The Brazillian attacking midfielder is set to sign a 4 year contract. 

Humble Lions manager KopStar was thrilled with the signing stating "We are humbled that a player like him would be willing to join the side.We've bought well this window but lacked a true high rated quality #10. Thiago provides that and we really look forward to seeing how he links up with Adrian Ramos, Torres and Jorgensen."

The move takes Humble Lions net spending to 59million this offseason. Whilst the side has bought well, local concerns have been raised about the lack of Jamaican representation in the squad. Only American goalkeeper and vice captain, Brad Guzan, and back-up keeper Keita DeCastro, an Antiguan, are from the geographical region. The club previously missed out on signing Wes Brown and Michael Hector and also had a move for Adrian Marriapa collapse. An offer for an unnamed Jamaican attacker was withdrawn. 

az-logo.png

Current Line Up:

HOWARD (87)

DEMICHELIS (88)     ALEX (88)    BEREZUTSKY (88)

BECKERMAN (85)

MEIRELES (86)    MESA (85)

CANI (87)

BERBATOV (87)    BELOTTI (87)    JOAQUIN (87)

plus a decent crop of rising stars such as......Grimaldo, Bentancur, Mor, Bailey + many more.

B)

7 hours ago, HannahB said:

Did not join till late last night, so missed out on most players I would have gone for :( but never mind . 

At least Orange County Blues will now have some players I don't normally have. 

Also on the upside you’ll avoid bidding wars and be able to buy players at CV as most if not all of us are skint now, so you’ll get better value for money :)

First custom I have joined for a long time. 

Picked up some young talent in

Pickford, Marlon, Lucao, Arana, Amartey, Walter, William, Rodriguez, Maia, Gray, Gnabry, Burke, Poulsen, Iheanacho & Dembele. Rated 80-85.

Some low level risers- Al Abdulrahaman, Bossaerts, Horemans, Souttar, Vojvoda & Ocansey. Rated 70-73

A couple of oldies: Distin, Suebe & Bonet . Rated 85

Will bring in three or four more players before season starts.

Wages currently sitting at 255k but will rise to about 375k.

We have also agreed deals to bring in old stickman Marco Storrari (87) and veteran striker Ricardo Oliveira (88) who will boost up the ratings a notch.

bs.jpg

Humble Lions add to leadership group with new signing

Humble_Lions_FC.png

Humble Lions have announced the signing of Jamaican international Jermaine Taylor. The 84 cap veteran is set to sign for 552k and add some depth to Humble Lion's defence. 

Taylor said, "I'm humbled to be able to come home. I began my career with Harbour View and then St Georges in Jamaica before moving to the MLS and having many successful years there. But Im so humbled and happy to sign for a great club and grow the game in Jamaica."

Since moving to the MLS in 2011, Taylor spent many successful years at Houston Dynamo before recently moving to Portland Timbers. It as also announced that Taylor will join the leadership group, being announced as both a co-vice captain and the sides cup captain. 

"We've taken an unusual step here having three players as our captaincy group and having a league and cup captain. Ultimately, however, John will need to rest to stay fit and whilst we are not saying he wont feature in the cups, they certainly present an opportunity for rest. Jermaine's a local star and he will fight for a starting spot in the league but we've assured him cup minutes. Having a local player wear the armband is the right move. John, Brad and Jermaine are wonderful leaders and together will take us far." said Kopstar. 

montego%20bay%20united%20logo_zps9u51oun

MONTEGO BAY UNITED 1st TEAM

(FORMATION:   5-4-1 B )

CONSIGLI

NAVAS....... ALVES.......HUTH

ANYUKOV...................................................................ADRIANO

DIEGO....................................................SOUZA

SAMEDOV.............................................................................................DOS SANTOS

PELLE

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pheonix FC

Alfie Mawson (78) - brought in as Ashley Williams replacement, yet to be given a chance but it's only a matter of time they way we've been playing

Nathan Smith (67) - regular at Port Vale and won the Football League young player of the month for August, his manager reckons he's Championship quality and a future Premier League player

Dominc Iorfa (80) - regular for England U21's and Wolves, physically gifted and potential to grow in to a top right back.

Ben Thompson (74) - one of the best players in League 1, fan favourite at Millwall.

James Madison (77) - showing his class at Aberdeen, definitely one for the future at Norwich

Jodi Jones (73) - the only real highlight for Coventry this season, stepped up to League 1 well and although needs to add goals to his game he's still only 18

Andre Green (73) - huge talent at Villa, continuing to get some game time. 

Barrie McKay (78) - arguably Rangers best player, one of the best players in the SPL and a regular feature now for Scotland.

Jonathan Leko (77) - he's been seen as a big talent at West Brom for a while, but this is the season he's beginning to be given his real shot as a part of the first team

Alex Jones (70) - a goal in less than every ninety minutes for Port Vale, the most deadly striker in League 1 at the moment and still only 21. Could well earn himself a recall to be part of Birmingham's plans. 

Scott Hogan (78) - 13 in his last 13 Championship games for Brentford, definitely due a rise even if he is one of the oldies of the squad at 24. 

Bentley (80)

Iorfa (80) - Mawson (78) - Oxford (77) - Kingsley (78)

Biling (76)

Madison (77) - McKay (78)

Hogan (78) - Griffiths (85) - Cummings (78)

Subs - Smith (67), Thompson (74), Kpekawa (75), Windass (75), Palmer (75), Leko (77), A. Jones (70)

6 hours ago, craig said:

CONSIGLI

ANYUKOV...................................................................ADRIANO

SAMEDOV.............................................................................................DOS SANTOS

PELLE

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Great post Craig......now tell me more about your tactics.....

MONTEGO BAY UNITED (CUP/2nd X1)

(FORMATION:   4-1-3-2)

(PLAYERS IN RED AGREED TO JOIN)

ABRAHAMSSON

BOSINGWA....... CUELLAR.......TYMOSHCHUK......KANTE

CHRISTIANSEN

GOULART.......CLAESSON.......POTTKER

BLANDI.......KJARTANSSON

6 hours ago, craig said:

CONSIGLI

PELLE

Great post Craig......now tell me more about your tactics.....

nordic3.gif

-The Nordic Connection-

A day later then was promised, here is now the introduction of the Harrisburg City Islanders strikeforce!

John Guidetti (86)

Joshua King (85)

Joel Pohjanpalo (82)

Kasper Dolberg (77)

Now then, many of you might not see anything out of the ordinary with 4 seemingly random strikers, but what makes this interesting.. Aswell as the reason behind me going out and buying them is that they're each from a different nordic counry.

Guidetti is Swedish, King is Norwegian, Pohjanpalo is Finnish and Dolberg is Danish. 

Out of these for, King is most likely the most well known to the English audience considering he's spent alot of his career in England, first with Manchester United, then in Preston, Hull, Blackburn and finally Bournemouth where's he's made quite the contribution to the team and helped them up in the Premier League last season. King has also started this season strong and is looking quite promising. We here at Harrisburg are hoping for a rating increase of +2 which we feel he could definetely achieve if he scores 5+ goals this season. 

Then we've got another player that has indeed spent some time in England but is now making an impact in a different European league altogether. The former Brommapojkarna and Manchester City youth player had a fantastic season on loan at Feyenoord where he bagged 20 goals in the 11/12 season. Feyenoord were deseprate to have him back for the following season but terms could not be met and thus Guidetti joined mid-table Stoke City for a season-long loan, while at Stoke he wasn't played at all more or less and after a horrible year for the young Swedish striker, he was once again loaned out from Manchester City as scottish giants Celtic decided to take him on loan. While there, he started out very well but stagnated some towards the end of the season and in total he bagged 8 goals. After this Guidetti was out of a contract with Manchester City and he had offers from all over Europe but in the end he decided, surprisingly to some, that he would sign with La Liga side Celta Vigo. He was an instant success and appeared in 35 games in the league. At Harrisburg we're hoping for another good La Liga season and a +2 to 88.

After this we've got Finnish sensation Joel Pohjanpalo. Pohjanpalo was a revelation back home in Finland and he continued scoring for fun in whatever club he was loaned out to after signing for German side Bayer Leverkusen. With 12 goals in 32 starts for Düsseldorf in the german 2nd division Bayer Leverkusen decided that this season he was ready for his big test in the Bundesliga.. and boy... Did he take it. In his very first game for Leverkusen Pohjanpalo found the back of the net straight away and bagged his first bundesliga goal. Wanting to impress further, Pohjanpalo went and bagged a hattrick in his second game for Leverkusena against Hamburger SV. And thus after 4 games he has 4 goals and one can only hope that he continues to score for fun. We at Harrisburg are hoping for atleast a +3 to 85 but feel that if he ontinues to play like this, a +4 would not be out of order.

And finally we've gotten to our Danish youngster Kasper Dolberg. And what a young player he is! In 3 starts for Ajax this season the 18 year old Dane has found the back of the net 4 times, this has also seen him being subbed on 3 times already and has 6 apperances for the Dutch powerhouse this season. At only 18 years of age he's our youngest striker but also the one with the brightest future, and we would not be surprised if he, within a year or two had taken over all the other players in terms of rating. Dolberg won't see much gametime at Harrisburg for the time being but if he continues to develop the way he has so far it won't be long until he starts appearing for us aswell.

And so there we have it, the strikeforce of Harrisburg City Islanders.

With the arrival of Kyle Walker-Peters later today we're now 100% finished in the transfermarket and with the purchases we've made we feel we should be able to compete about a top 4 position in Division 4. 

Together with a fairly strong starting XI we've also bought a fair few risers and we count on making a nice and tidy profit to reinvest and make the team as strong as possible.

MONTEGO BAY UNITED 

2nd X1  DEALS COMPLETED

• Free Agent Carlos CUÉLLAR has completed his move to Montego Bay United for £230,000
  • Free Agent José BOSINGWA has completed his move to Montego Bay United for £320,000
  • Free Agent Cédric KANTÉ has completed his move to Montego Bay United for £120,000
  • Anatoliy TYMOSHCHUK has completed his move to Montego Bay United from FC Kairat Almaty for £150,000

MONTEGO BAY UNITED are now complete with a  25 man squad

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pheonix FC

Eric Bailly (87) - one of my three marquee players for the season, big money signing but not too much wages for a player of his ability and someone who's bound to rise soon.

John Souttar (78) - key man of Hearts defence, one of the best defenders in the SPL and still only 20.

Rico Henry (77) - yet to play this season due to injury, but the best left back in League 1 last season and earned a move to Brentford in the summer

Sam Field (70) - getting some minutes for West Brom, only 18

Josh Onomah (80) - very highly rated at Spurs, getting minutes and will be one of my highest rated players at the start of the season

Ryan Kent (78) - talented player who's established himself as a regular at Barnsley this season

Jacob Murphy (78) - 5 goals in 8 games for Norwich this season, and plenty of goals for Coventry last season

Gabriel Jesus (85) - my final marquee players, along with Bailly & Griffiths, one of the biggest footballing talents in the world. 

Bentley (80)

Iorfa (80) - Mawson (78) - Bailly (87) - Kingsley (78)

Kent (78) - McKay (78) - Onomah (80) - Jesus (85)

Griffiths (85) - Cummings (78)

Looking through the squads I've gone with depth and youth over high rated players more than anyone else, it is certainly a risk to take when you consider four teams get relegated. Positives of my squad is that I've got some of the most depth in the division, and I should have a much stronger rated squad come the end of the season.

Humble Lions Final Squad Synopsis

Humble_Lions_FC.png

Goalkeepers

Brad Guzan (86- VC), Keita Decastro (70)

Guzan as an American player. Decent rating and cheap so happy with his signing. Decastro signed  as a cheap backup and dont think Ive had an Antiguan player in a squad of mine before. 

Defenders

John Terry (90-C), Michel Bastos (88), Martin Montoya (87), Miiko Alborno (86), Dario Veron (85), Frederic Guilbert (84), Jermaine Taylor(82-VC), Ben Chilwell (77) Tuomo Kokonen (70)

Pretty happy with this. Lots of flexible versatile players all rated well. Only regret is splashing 5.3mil for Montoya. That cash could have been better spent. Terry will be the key in keeping everything organised. Alborno and Veron will fight for the other CB slot and Taylor is there to cover injuries. Lots of competition on in the fullback positions with Montoya, Bastos, Guilbert and Alborno able to play there too. Hopefully Chilwell finds some minutes and gets a rise. 

Midfielders

Clemens Fritz (87), Rafinha (87), Marko Grujic (84), Aaron Mooy (83), Tom Rogic (83), Jackson Irvine (78), Amine Harit (76), Aju Madger (75)

Fritz is the old high rated veteran who can also cover RB if needed. Rafinha's getting some minutes for Barca, Grujic looks a massive talent, Mooy's arguably been the best midfielder in the championship, Rogic has been brilliant for Celtic and had a great performance against Manchester City this morning in the champions league, Irvine's hit the ground running at Burton being their best player, Harit's starting in Franceand Madger's making the bench for Liverpool. Really everyone here bar Fritz could rise over the course of the season. 

Attackers

Fernando Torres (90), Adrian Ramos (88), Nicolai Jorgensen (85), Leandro Trossard (82), Enes Unal (82), Kazu Miura (79), Craig Goodwin (78), Zoltan Verga (70)

Followed a tested technique with other areas of the squad here and got a high rated older player and then filled the rest with risers. Ramos as started the season well with Dortmund, Jorgensen scored for fun in Denmark and started off at Feyenoord with 5 goals in 7 games and Unal's got 6 in 5 for Twente. Amazed I got both for C/V as theyre currently both the two top scorers in Netherlands. Goodwin's begun well at Rotterdam since moving from Adelaide. He was a key player in a side that won the double in Australia and hasnt gotten a rise so he should be heading well into the 80s soo. King Kazu's a remnant of my early approach which was buy 18 good players and 3 super cheapies but moved on for that. Still fits into my second team. 

First XI in a Formation (AVG:87, Average Age: 29, Average Value: 3.5mil)

Guzan (86-VC)

Montoya (87) Terry (90-C) Alborno (86) Bastos (88)

Fritz (87) 

Grujic (84) Rafinha (87)

Ramos (88)--------------------------Jorgensen (85)

Torres (90)

Second XI in a formation

Decastro (70)

Guilbert (84) Veron (85) Taylor (82-C) Chilwell (77)

Mooy (83) Rogic (83)

Trossard (82) Miura (79) Goodwin (78)

Unal (82)

Extras: Irvine, Harit, Madger, Kokonen, Varga