Machine

CanAmJam: Boom & Bust!

Kingston still have a huge amount of work to do - all I've done so far is pretty much by old and crusty cheap free agents/low fee players for a strong first 11. Finally got a chance to look at risers/youth earlier and theres loads still out there - gotta do some calculations to see what I can get with the funds remaining.

On that note - does anyone know the minimum players needed to form a match day squad? I see we have games at the weekend and unlikely I'll have everyone in by that point. I'm not talking about the squad minimum 21 players, I mean if I have a starting 11 only am I still likely to be able to set tactics etc?

3 hours ago, EdMoses said:

Kingston still have a huge amount of work to do - all I've done so far is pretty much by old and crusty cheap free agents/low fee players for a strong first 11. Finally got a chance to look at risers/youth earlier and theres loads still out there - gotta do some calculations to see what I can get with the funds remaining.

On that note - does anyone know the minimum players needed to form a match day squad? I see we have games at the weekend and unlikely I'll have everyone in by that point. I'm not talking about the squad minimum 21 players, I mean if I have a starting 11 only am I still likely to be able to set tactics etc?

you need 18 for the tactics,  but you'll need 21 in before sunday morning - or the chairman will autofill your team, giving you a financial advantage over the rest of us

got a current stating XI averaging 86, best players being Kaka & Pizarro

But happy with my risers:

Casteels, Llorente, Mere, & Kaiser are all starters who should rise.

Rashford, Oyarzabal, Horta & Lemos should hopefully make the breakthrough after their next rise.

which leaves the likes of Romero, Fletcher, Cafaro, Kessie, Gooch, Blin, Hernandez, and Tudor to break through from there.

hoping I have enough quick risers outside that lot to sell on for profit in 10 weeks..  but realise Rashford, with his impending rise and immense value as a result of it, is likely to have to be sacrificed for the greater good

On 27/09/2016 at 0:36 PM, craig said:

montego%20bay%20united%20logo_zps9u51oun

MONTEGO BAY UNITED 1st TEAM

(FORMATION:   5-4-1 B )

CONSIGLI

NAVAS....... ALVES.......HUTH

ANYUKOV...................................................................ADRIANO

DIEGO....................................................SOUZA

SAMEDOV.............................................................................................DOS SANTOS

PELLE

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You'll notice that Diego Souza is playing in both of our central midfield  -  :D

Current Pittsburgh Riverhounds 1st XI:

pparently after 2 screenshots I'm too near my upload allowance to post the pic of my 2nd XI:

Steffen (70)

Orban (83) Mina (84) Salcido (85) Jorge (83)

Ascacibar (82) Beasley (83)

Boga (80) Aimar (84) Malcom (83)

Mayoral (82)

On 9/29/2016 at 1:35 AM, swanseajack said:

Looking through the squads I've gone with depth and youth over high rated players more than anyone else, it is certainly a risk to take when you consider four teams get relegated. Positives of my squad is that I've got some of the most depth in the division, and I should have a much stronger rated squad come the end of the season.

Yeah i went with the same philosophy as you mate! Just waiting for the players to rise at VSI Tampa Bay 

Did a report  about our CanAmJam players yesterday, but the forum is hard to post things on so it looked a mess :( ,       

Anyway, Orange County Blues  are  ready for the season. We have signed 29 players with a average age of 23 and a  average rating of 80 with wages at £417k.

Our starting XI: Average age 27...... Average rating 86

130419_SteelArmy_Photos_DaytonPoopLogoVS  130405_SteelArmy_Photos_RiverhoundsLogo

The Riverhounds make the relatively short trip of 254 miles down the interstate to play Dayton Douche Lions in their first ever CanAmJam fixture, and after a late flurry of signings the Hounds boss will have a headache trying to decide which line-up to unleash on the Lions.

He could go with the experienced XI of:

Boruc (87)

Hutchinson (87) Marquez (87) Kucher (88) Ze Roberto (86)

Cambiasso (87) Linetty (85)

Hleb (85) Robinho (88) Ronaldinho (85)

Klose (89)

Alternatively he may field a mixture of youth and experience:

Lopez (85)

Orban (83) Mina (84) Salcido (85) Jorge (83)

Verre (84) Beasley (83)

Mayoral (82) Aimar (84) Malcom (83)

Grafite (85)

Or, he may wish to really go with youth and field the Riverpups:

Steffen (70)

Calabria (80) Dinga (76) Kutepov (78) Martella (80)

Ascacibar (82) Van De Beek (80)

Pavon (80) Golovin (80) Boga (80)

Boye (80)

In fact the only players most observers feel will not feature at all are: Tche (78), Llamas (75), Llorente (78), Blas (77), Clayson (78), Thompson (77), Thill (65), Scammacca (70), Rigo, (70) and Zanellato (70).

I'll be glad when these preseason friendlies are finished and I can take the matches more seriously. ahem.

In other - glossing over last nights results news: -

£78,489.00  -  Total Season Ticket sales

£  4,617.00  -  Season ticket sales per game (season total divided by 17 Home games)

£        20.00   - Guesstimated per home game ticket cost

230  -  Estimated number of season ticket fans per home game.

516   -  First Home Game Attendance (stadium capacity is 1,000)

286  - total number general sale tickets if all season ticket holders at 1st home game

£48,298.00   - Gate Receipts for Match 1

£     168.87   -  Cost of tickets for each of those 286 fans?!?!?!?!

even if no season ticket holders attended and the gate receipts of £48,298 were general sale tickets from the 516 that attended then the average ticket price was £98!!

Looks like our £20.00 a ticket estimate is way off – can’t have that many season ticket holders.

It’s almost as if SM make up the figures isn’t it. Sigh.

Nett result – I lost almost £500k this week – for a home game. It’s what I expected to be fair.

Got to really wonder about how the clubs that stacked up on high rated oldies are going to survive or if they're ever going to be in the green again. 

Whats scary is this is a boom season. Whats crowds going to be in a bust season? 20?

On 27/09/2016 at 0:36 PM, craig said:

montego%20bay%20united%20logo_zps9u51oun

MONTEGO BAY UNITED 1st TEAM

(FORMATION:   5-4-1 B )

CONSIGLI

NAVAS....... ALVES.......HUTH

ANYUKOV...................................................................ADRIANO

DIEGO....................................................SOUZA

SAMEDOV.............................................................................................DOS SANTOS

PELLE

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You'll notice that Diego Souza is playing in both of our central midfield  -  

11 hours ago, EdMoses said:

I'll be glad when these preseason friendlies are finished and I can take the matches more seriously. ahem.

In other - glossing over last nights results news: -

£78,489.00  -  Total Season Ticket sales

£  4,617.00  -  Season ticket sales per game (season total divided by 17 Home games)

£        20.00   - Guesstimated per home game ticket cost

230  -  Estimated number of season ticket fans per home game.

516   -  First Home Game Attendance (stadium capacity is 1,000)

286  - total number general sale tickets if all season ticket holders at 1st home game

£48,298.00   - Gate Receipts for Match 1

£     168.87   -  Cost of tickets for each of those 286 fans?!?!?!?!

even if no season ticket holders attended and the gate receipts of £48,298 were general sale tickets from the 516 that attended then the average ticket price was £98!!

Looks like our £20.00 a ticket estimate is way off – can’t have that many season ticket holders.

It’s almost as if SM make up the figures isn’t it. Sigh.

Nett result – I lost almost £500k this week – for a home game. It’s what I expected to be fair.

the 516 attendance with 1,000 capacity is not bad

we got 516 attendance with 8,000 capacity - 

Delighted to report our brand of silky football and star name drawing power appears to be winning over the locals - our crowd tripled from the first game to a whopping 1,500+ :P

Still lost another £400k though, so just the -£1.4m after 3 games (2 of them at home!) :lol:

Hope this shows up clearly enough, systems were down at work today so decided to have a look through and see where everyone was at - be interesting to repeat this in a couple of months and see how it's changed.

Most stats should be obvious, but 'Est T20 debt' is the estimated amount a club will have paid in wages by turn 20 which (for most) is when TBs will be up; based on this and squad sizes I've highlighted grey the teams that might be in a bit of bother as they might not have the squad depth required to sell their way out of debt....but we'll see!

'Wages to value' is the percentage of squad value that the wage bill is per turn, thus the lower the better.

The whole thing is sorted by 'Squad value v Cost' which is current squad value minus what was originally paid - yours truly tops the list at the moment while some folk clearly overpaid in the heat of the bidding wars - however....it's very early days yet and risers and droppers will inevitably shake things up as we go forward :)

Screenshot_2016-10-19-00-18-06.png

I feel confident that when my players rise the likes of Elvedi, Iwobi should be around 87 and their value's should increase dramatically and can be used to improve the squad as well as the likes of Holding, Passlack, Pierre-Gabriel and co should also rise...just wish i'd of known the risers i do now and brought some of those in for profit alone! /But still I feel the route i've gone down is much more sustainable than the older veteran route 

I've got the old veterans(10 players 34+)

and have Mere, Kaiser, Llorente, Horta, Oyarzable, Casteels, Fletcher, Blin & Kessie to be long term regulars after a rise or two each, Rashford to make me a huge profit and clear any and all debt when I want to.

and about 7 or 8 to just sell at a profit..

**although a couple of my oldies are set for HUGE rating drops if they ever get a review (playing 3rd and 4th teir football)