KopStar

English Championship 32042 - Discussion Thread

Just now, Nick Justice said:

Found a couple already hopefully haha, not too many left around, but i'll make it work for sure

nice, cheers. Oh, and you also have few good youngsters already in the team. Previous manager wasnt that terriblr after all :P ahah

Marco Asensio with the chance of becoming the most decorated player in the game world, if Bristol Rovers win the SMFA Super Cup today. The player has won Division 3 and 2 tittle, Division 5 play-off, EC cup and EC Shield, and SMFA Shield. The Bristol prodigy is also the only player to have played and scored in all of the 5 division

"A legend in the making," as his manager describes him, and "our future captain."

Bristol Rovers were unlucky to not take the SMFA Super Cup as they lose 2-0 against Bayern. The Pirates were the better side, but unfortunately Dybala wasn't clinical in front of goal and wasted a lot of chances, which costed his team the victory. MacGoreth takes all the blame for not playing Gotze upfront, who he believes is more suitable for the position. Nevertheless, Bristol should be happy with the 8M prize money. The Pirates host Div 1 newcomer Southampton tomorrow, in the opening match of the season.

I took over Leyton Orient in Division 4 and stacked it with a few nice internationals like Colombian forward Renteria, Argentinian midfielder Sanchez Mino and American goalkeeper Horvath. Hoping to make a quick rise up the ladder and post a few upsets in the tournaments. I've played Soccer Manager for a number of years and always enjoy finding worlds like this where a good number of owners are involved.

Marco ASENSIO scores on his Division 1 debut writing his name in the history book: becoming the first player to score and play in all of the 5 divisions. His goal saved Bristol Rovers from a defeat in their Premiership debut. Asensio was assisted by Gotze in the 77 minutes to rescue his team, and tie the game 1-1. Gotze was awarded man of the match for his brilliant performance. MacGoreth said on the post match conference that he is "happy with the result, and i could have been worst. Now all the focus is onto the next match. The Pirates travel to Old Trafford next, to face Manchester United who didn't have the start they were expecting, losing 2-1 to Tottenham. 

The Pirates are delighted to add another youngster to their raking, with 16 yr old Boubacar Kamara signing a 5 seasons deal with the Bristol side.  Bristol Rovers lost on 16 yr old Moise Kean, but are convinced Boubacar will be come the better choice since their forward line are packed. Kamara will join his compatriot Sarr on the loan list.

BREAKING: Bristol Rovers win the SMFA Shield for the second consecutive time, becoming the first English club to do so. It's their second Cup this season having beaten Arsenal by 3-1 to lift the FA Cup at the Wembley Stadium 2 months ago. The club also announced a 100M pounds profit this season, which is their highest ever profit. The club's manager, DC, reveled that winning the league is their main target next season, and that they will be working hard during the break to build a side capable of doing so. The Pirates finished 2nd this season, 5 points below champions Arsenal. 

Bristol Rovers: Season 6 Review 

Bristol_Rovers_F.C._logo.svg (2).png

Major Transfers:

INS:
Thiago Alcantara, Oblak, Carvajal, Delle Ali, Marquinhos, Cancelo, Gerhardt, Theo Hernandez, Havertz.

OUT: Koke, Ter Stegen, Aurier, Asensio, Laporte, Di Sciglio, Weigl, Grimaldo, Tah.

SILVERWARE
EPL TITLE: The Pirates won their first ever EPL tittle, in their only second season in the English top flight. Bristol Rovers finished the season with the best defense: only 33 goals conceded; and the best offense: 91 goals scored. Neymar, Lewandowski, and Bale finished the league season with a total of 50 goals, and 50 assists between them. The best attack trio in the league. 

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE TITTLE (SMFA CUP): Bristol Rovers won their first CL tittle by defeating Bayern Leverkusen in the final in the penalty kicks. The game ended 2-2, and the tittle winner was decided in the penalty kicks. This was Bristol Rovers 3rd consecutive European trophies, having previously won two consecutive Europa League tittles (SMFA Shield). Neymar, Lewandowski, and Bale finished the Champions League season with a total of 18 goals, and 20 assists between them. The best attack trio in the competition. 

FA CUP (ENGLISH CHAMPIONSHIP CUP): The Gas won their 3rd FA CUP tittles, 2nd in a row, by defeating Blackburn Rovers 2-1 in the finals. The star of the competition was Gabriel Jesus, who finished the competition with 7 goals and 4 assists. 

LEAGUE CUP (ENGLISH CHAMPIONSHIP SHIELD): Bristol Rovers won their second League Cup by defeating Rotherham United 2-0 in the finals. Goals from O. Dembele and Verratti saw the Gas lifting their second  League Cup in history. 

FA COMMUNITY SHIELD (CHARITY SHIELD): The Pirates won their first Community Shield by defeating Arsenal 4-2 in what was a shocking match. The Pirates came into the game as an underdog, and ended up hammering the EPL title holder by 4-2. There was nothing Messi and Ronaldo could have done to stop the Rovers' boys.

UEFA SUPER CUP (SMFA SUPER CUP): Bristol defeated the Champions League winner, Zenit, by 3-0 to lift their first ever UEFA Super Cup. The Star of the match was newcomer Lewandowski who picked himself up 2 assists, a goal, and MOTM award. 

SILVERWARE SUMMARY:  Bristol Rovers became the first ever team in the League to win 6 out of 6 trophies in a single season. It is a milestone MacGoreth Barrows believes no other team will ever reach, "as the league is becoming tougher and tougher each new season." "To accomplish such a thing in a league with over 100 managers, is just a feeling indescribable. Let's just say we accomplished what many, include myself, deemed as impossible," said the manager after winning Champions League. "This is a side that has cemented themselves in the history of the league, and will forever be remembered," concluded the Gibraltarian manager.

Sounds like a very active league. 

Ive only been playing a few days on another game world. Used to play a little a few years ago but so out of touch with the game. 

I have joined this game world with Oldham. Plenty of work to do lol. 

1 minute ago, Chris7 said:

Sounds like a very active league. 

Ive only been playing a few days on another game world. Used to play a little a few years ago but so out of touch with the game. 

I have joined this game world with Oldham. Plenty of work to do lol. 

Glad o have you with us, welcome!!! Yes, you have plenty of work to do haha And not better way to return back to the game by joining one of the most competitive championship in the game. Hope you enjoy your stay, and best of luck ahead of the new season.

8 minutes ago, MacGoreth said:

Glad o have you with us, welcome!!! Yes, you have plenty of work to do haha And not better way to return back to the game by joining one of the most competitive championship in the game. Hope you enjoy your stay, and best of luck ahead of the new season.

Thanks, Im not expecting miracles lol. But i will be active and try give it a go. First i need to try avoid relegation. That might be a task in itself aha.  

Just now, Chris7 said:

Thanks, Im not expecting miracles lol. But i will be active and try give it a go. First i need to try avoid relegation. That might be a task in itself aha.  

cheers, mate. I will also be bringing some 87+ youth, and I will gladly let them join you on loans. Will let you know once I get them. 

I don't have much money so will need to be clever with a few loan moves and maybe the odd player brought in. The squad dose not look that bad to be fair. But i think everyone else squads are higher than mine considerably.

We shall see how things go. I shall report back here and maybe look for help along the way :D 

18 hours ago, MacGoreth said:

cheers, mate. I will also be bringing some 87+ youth, and I will gladly let them join you on loans. Will let you know once I get them. 

Just a question what do you actually get out of loaning a player out ? 

I guess they don't improve as there ratings go up or down due to real life form and stuff right ? 

12 hours ago, Chris7 said:

Just a question what do you actually get out of loaning a player out ? 

I guess they don't improve as there ratings go up or down due to real life form and stuff right ? 

The players will get game time, which means they stay happy.

If i keep them in my squad and they don't play, they will develop concern and end up submitting a transfer request. ANd it sucks because they will end up leaving for way less than what i paid for them.