Sir Rahul

Rahul W's rating predictions

8 hours ago, Soccahappy said:

I just imagine Pepe Guardiolo managing Zaha and I'm sure he'd make him into a world beater. At the moment he's a Big Fish in a small Crystal Palace.

How Suso would react to Pepe I'm not sure, only having seen him play at Liverpool. Anyway as it is Zaha, has no further to go in SM terms while Suso could get a +1 at Milan. In that way Suso.

While Dortmund buying Zaha would also mean Zaha. My gut says GAMBLE on Zaha! You could also try waiting until things become clearer MF?

Socca good to hear from you. I have actually changed Zaha for Wijnaldum (I had the same bid for Suso as well). 

I am just trying to not have same players in more than 2 GWs. SM is boring me at the moment. 

PS: I prefer Zaha over Suso.

3 minutes ago, Middle_Finger said:

You said Jorginho is not being played in his preferred role which is absolutely wrong. And, then I tried to explain...

He's not being played in his best position, and neither is Kante. That's what the problem is with Chelsea (or one of them anyway). Those 2 need to swap positions. 

6 minutes ago, Middle_Finger said:

Kante is not being played in his best position but Jorginho is. 

He's not, he's playing as a pure DM which isn't his style, he needs more freedom than that. Sarri's style seems to be very rigid and it's not helping him, regardless of whether it worked in Italy - and he was only used like that in the 'Sarriball' system which isn't working in the PL, before that he mainly played as CM, not DM - Chelsea seem very reined in at the moment, like Utd under Mourinho. After Sarri is gone we'll find out whether or not he's a quality player I guess. 

1 hour ago, Kev said:

He's not, he's playing as a pure DM which isn't his style, he needs more freedom than that. Sarri's style seems to be very rigid and it's not helping him, regardless of whether it worked in Italy - and he was only used like that in the 'Sarriball' system which isn't working in the PL, before that he mainly played as CM, not DM - Chelsea seem very reined in at the moment, like Utd under Mourinho. After Sarri is gone we'll find out whether or not he's a quality player I guess. 

You make no sense. What you are saying is there are two kind of "Sarriball" - Italian and English? In Italian Sarriball Jorginho played as CM but in English Sarriball Jorginho plays as DM? 

And in your own words "Sarri's style seems to be rigid" but you are saying Sarriball changed Jorginho's position.

Add to that you are saying in Italian Sarriball Jorginho played CM which means they had a very reliable DM but according to Sarri Kante isn't as good and reliable hence he changed his position?

Do you know what you are saying? Or did you understand correctly what MOTD pundits were saying? 

2 hours ago, Middle_Finger said:

You make no sense. What you are saying is there are two kind of "Sarriball" - Italian and English? In Italian Sarriball Jorginho played as CM but in English Sarriball Jorginho plays as DM? 

And in your own words "Sarri's style seems to be rigid" but you are saying Sarriball changed Jorginho's position.

Add to that you are saying in Italian Sarriball Jorginho played CM which means they had a very reliable DM but according to Sarri Kante isn't as good and reliable hence he changed his position?

Do you know what you are saying? Or did you understand correctly what MOTD pundits were saying? 

Lol this debate has reached the forum too, never thought I would see it here

4 hours ago, FDTV said:

Lol this debate has reached the forum too, never thought I would see it 

Anyone who lives in England will understand that Jorginho is a hot topic with a lot of terrible takes on his role and position fuelled by mediocre British punditry, as a Chelsea supporter and someone who watches every game, Jorginho has definitely not been good enough recently but there are many factors and Kante has actually been very good in his new position and is one of the few players who understands what Sarri is trying to do and implementing it, for some reason a lot of people think he is only good for defending and sitting back which is false he is great all round and most effective playing as a b2b midfielder. I could go on but I'll leave at that

6 hours ago, Middle_Finger said:

I think that too...Jorginho is playing in the same position that he played in Napoli...a 6 deep lying playmaker (his best position)...Kante as an 8 (not his best)

24 minutes ago, Cvilhete said:

Anyone who lives in England will understand that Jorginho is a hot topic with a lot of terrible takes on his role and position fuelled by mediocre British punditry, as a Chelsea supporter and someone who watches every game, Jorginho has definitely not been good enough recently but there are many factors and Kante has actually been very good in his new position and is one of the few players who understands what Sarri is trying to do and implementing it, for some reason a lot of people think he is only good for defending and sitting back which is false he is great all round and most effective playing as a b2b midfielder. I could go on but I'll leave at that

I haven't seen Chelsea's games, but I know really well how Sarri plays, after have seen his teams plays lots of times, Sarri has only a way to play,  Sarrismo (Sarriball in english):

- a line of 4 defensor

- he need a real playmaker, like Valdifiori in Empoli, Jorginho in Napoli and now in Chelsea

- a b2b midfielder like Vecino did in Empoli, Allan in Napoli.

- a third midfielder who is more offensive Zielinski (Empoli), Hamsik / Zielinski (Napoli), Barkley (Chelsea)

-  and in attack depend on who he has, because he used 4-3-1-2 and now 4-3-3

So I totally agree that he wants Kante as a b2b midfielder, in England there's a different football, and maybe a player like Jorginho can have more difficulties.

Sarri is reluctant to change his style, and this doesn't help him to win a title.

If I got wrong with the analysis in Premier League I'm sorry

19 hours ago, Soccahappy said:

Talking point:- I have Chiesa and not having watched him I find it difficult to see how he is clear top rated at Fiorentina when he has only scored 5 goals and 3 assists ALL season? Even worse Last season only 6 goals in the full 3022mins he played.

Yes he has played for Italy BUT in 640 minutes he hasn't scored at all and Yes a hattrick in the cup recently but Roma conceded 7 and that indicates to me they were'nt interested in the Cup??? (please correct me?) Yes he is young and has scope for improvement, but he's 90 while no one else is in the club, Top Cap, Numero One-o. Benassi with 7goals in 600 less minutes, Muriel 3g in 347mins.

It's hard on just youth to keep him, what is forumers feeling B4 I finally decide to sell? Cheers Socca...

I didn't understand the reason why you want to sell him. Do you have better players in that position? Concerns?

45 minutes ago, zsp2 said:

I haven't seen Chelsea's games, but I know really well how Sarri plays, after have seen his teams plays lots of times, Sarri has only a way to play,  Sarrismo (Sarriball in english):

- a line of 4 defensor

- he need a real playmaker, like Valdifiori in Empoli, Jorginho in Napoli and now in Chelsea

- a third midfielder who is more offensive Zielinski (Empoli), Hamsik / Zielinski (Napoli), Barkley (Chelsea)

So I totally agree that he wants Kante as a b2b midfielder, in England there's a different football, and maybe a player like Jorginho can have more difficulties.

Sarri is reluctant to change his style, and this doesn't help him to win a title.

seems chelsea's players want not learn this Sarriball..

42 minutes ago, zsp2 said:

- a line of 4 defensor

Yes you are correct and you have probably seen Sarris team play more than these pundits who are paid to analyse football, like I said Jorginho has not been good recently but there are so many factors our third midfielder who is supposed to be more offensive are not good enough Barkley is really bad and doesn't offer anything other than misplaced passes, half the time he plays within himself no risks taken hardly runs with the ball and then you Kovacic who offers 0 attacking impetus  doesn't shoot, offers no runs off the ball and in behind never looks to penetrate defences, in our team Ruben loftus cheek seems like the best fit for this role as he plays with confidence has the ability to take the game to the opposition but for some reason Sarri sticks to Barkley/Kova. With what's currently going on that's where Sarri takes the blame he is too stubborn in his own ways keeps on playing the same players who play bad game after game, I feel sorry for Jorginho in a way because there is  o movement off the ball to help him play his game, so he basically just becomes the fall guy because he is Sarri's man. Chelsea need to scrap a lot of the current players and invest in youth if they want to see the best of the current managers methods

1 hour ago, Cvilhete said:

1 hour ago, TMCosta said:

I think that too...Jorginho is playing in the same position that he played in Napoli...a 6 deep lying playmaker (his best position)...Kante as an 8 (not his best)

Sarri hasn’t helped Jorginho at all. Plays him to death, doesn’t play anyone along side him. Kante should be playing beside him. Every team now knows how to stop Chelsea, you take Jorginho out of the game. Bournemouth did it, & Joshua King talked about them targeting Jorginho. Then City did exactly the same, because Sarri doesn’t change his tactics.

49 minutes ago, crvena_zvezda said:

Sarri hasn’t helped Jorginho at all. Plays him to death, doesn’t play anyone along side him. Kante should be playing beside him. Every team now knows how to stop Chelsea, you take Jorginho out of the game. Bournemouth did it, & Joshua King talked about them targeting Jorginho. Then City did exactly the same, because Sarri doesn’t change his tactics.

It's a lazy argument the Bournemouth result had very little to do with Jorginho even so you take out one player what the hell are the other 9 outfield players doing? The problems at Chelsea are a lot deeper than stop Jorginho and you stop Chelsea truth is 50% of these players are not good enough to be starters at a top 6 side that wants to play expansive football, Sarri wanted a backup to Jorginho in the January transfer window club did not buy one, for me personally kovacic would excell in that role as a back up, but a lot of players need to step up and take responsibility  it is easy to scapegoat Jorginho but hes only a fraction of the problem

17 hours ago, Kev said:

It's not quite as simple as CM or DM, because 2 CMs can be quite different players, just the same as 2 CFs can be very different - Peter Crouch compared to Javier Hernandez for example - same position but totally different styles. 

The problem at Chelsea is that Sarri wants Jorginho to take over Kante's role, but Kante is much better defensively and one of the best in that role in the world. So Kante is being pushed into a different position as well and it's making the team a mess.  

Jorginho and Kante need to be swapped over really. Jorginho is only playing DM at Chelsea but has played CM a lot in the past, and even as a DM he's been used as a deep lying playmaker, perhaps like Michael Carrick was at Man Utd. Clearly the role he's being asked to do by Sarri isn't one he's comfortable with. Another manager would give that role back to Kante (which would improve the form of the entire team) and allow Jorginho a more free role where he can use his passing ability, so the two would work better as a DM team. 

I hope some of that makes sense at least!

Silly me I see more clearly now, but as of now I would keep Keita as he is more versitle of the 2/performing better,  also because SM are unpredictible at times, poor Jorginho.

4 hours ago, Cvilhete said:

It's a lazy argument the Bournemouth result had very little to do with Jorginho even so you take out one player what the hell are the other 9 outfield players doing? The problems at Chelsea are a lot deeper than stop Jorginho and you stop Chelsea truth is 50% of these players are not good enough to be starters at a top 6 side that wants to play expansive football, Sarri wanted a backup to Jorginho in the January transfer window club did not buy one, for me personally kovacic would excell in that role as a back up, but a lot of players need to step up and take responsibility  it is easy to scapegoat Jorginho but hes only a fraction of the problem

Joshua King said that’s how they stopped Chelsea, I was just repeating what he said. I agree that a lot of other players aren’t performing. Alonso isn’t the same player now. Emerson should be starting more. Callum Hudson-Odoi is being wasted, he is hardly in the squad even. They did good analysis on MOTD2 about Chelsea & the lack of effort & the lack of pressing. Sarri needs to shake things up, if he continues playing Plan A, he’ll be sacked.

On 2/11/2019 at 4:39 PM, Soccahappy said:

I just imagine Pepe Guardiolo managing Zaha and I'm sure he'd make him into a world beater. At the moment he's a Big Fish in a small Crystal Palace.

How Suso would react to Pepe I'm not sure, only having seen him play at Liverpool. Anyway as it is Zaha, has no further to go in SM terms while Suso could get a +1 at Milan. In that way Suso.

While Dortmund buying Zaha would also mean Zaha. My gut says GAMBLE on Zaha! You could also try waiting until things become clearer MF?

Someone is going to pay a lot of money for Zaha & make a big mistake.  It won't be Pep as they're too good at scouting & analysis to make such a big mistake for an overrated player.  

He is a match of the day player.  Let's just forget about his antics of diving, getting sent off, walking round the pitch thinking he's Neymar, tracking back rarely...

His output is really poor.  He just gets the ball & dribbles, to a very low success rate.  Really poor footballing brain.

Suso is easily the better option here.  Younger, playing for a better club & a better footballer. 

On 2/11/2019 at 4:57 PM, Soccahappy said:

Neither appeals to me on current displays and I've watched many Premier League matches with them Playing this season. Not impressed at all.

You can't have watched Naby Keita much pre LFC or even his last few displays then.

He is a brilliant player & he's beginning to show it. 

Also it's best to judge LFC signings under Klopp after 6 months or so - as Ox, Robertson showed.  Fabinho & Keita are beginning to show this too.  It's hard to adapt to the way they play, especially in midfield.  Keita is the real deal.

13 hours ago, Middle_Finger said:

Yes I know what I'm saying!

Jorginho existed before sarriball! As everyone agrees, sarriball worked in Italy but isn't working in England, and Sarri seems to be reluctant to change anything and sticks with the same rigid style, and this really isn't helping Jorginho (or Kante).

At Verona and at Napoli before Sarri arrived Jorginho played as a CM. Sarri changed his position and it worked in Italy but it's stifling him and the team at Chelsea. Jorginho will do better once Sarri is gone I'm sure. 

Jorginho isn't the only problem at Chelsea, as there are a fair few.

But he is a bit of a wet fart of a footballer.  Doesn't get many goals or assists, isn't great at tackling, isn't strong, isn't quick... but he can pass it often, especially mastered the 6 yard pass - whoop de doooo!

Decent player, but shouldn't be the main point  of a top team with his limited attributes.

If surrounded by the right tactics & players he'd perform much better - as would all players.  But he's definitely an issue at Chelsea given he's not top class, far from it.