Sir Rahul

Rahul W's rating predictions

Just now, Fabino said:

Give de vrij and take brandt + 6M?

Yeah, there is a chance De Vrij might rise to 92 but it’s unlikely and Brandt is younger and has more potential to rise beyond 91.

Good deal for you.

2 minutes ago, jaybee said:

Anything for the promoted teams?

I think @gyanthecat has 😊

1 hour ago, gyanthecat said:

Thank you! I didn't know he was added recently. When was that? Based on cold numbers, he's in line with the best on his team, so he deserves that rating, but of course other factors may influence it, too.

Added on 10 June - usually players aren't added at such a high rating (82), so might just get 83/84 now

1 hour ago, Fabino said:

Yes

1 hour ago, jaybee said:

Aye, I'm looking to find out for players aged over 24 too though.

1 hour ago, jaybee said:

Anything for the promoted teams?

Haven't done the promoted teams - a bit tough to predict how SM do it, honestly. 

Arminia are quite low rated in general, so can't say. Stuttgart have many 85+ players already - though Forster is one you could look out for, 80 rated.

8 hours ago, Nameless said:

Does anybody know if moral is a individual or group effect? As in, if I put 2 50% moral players in my starting 11 (rest are all 100), does it mean the moral goes down after taking the average of the 11?

There is no way of knowing for sure, but my best guess (and I spend a lot of time guessing in this game) moral affects form, form affects performance, and performance affects outcomes. Just like fitness does. How they precisely ft into the game engine, only the SM wizards know for sure! In the end, nurture your players' morale by giving them a) the appropriate amount of games, and b) money.

20 hours ago, crvena_zvezda said:

Very much so. Get him snapped up. Every time he plays, he impresses. He has brilliant technical qualities, very similar to Trent.

Thank you very much amico for your input, and to everyone else who responded. 🙂

19 hours ago, BrodiePT said:

Rafael Leão stay or rise?

+1.. He does need more game time (it's nice to see him improving). However, having him fresh off the bench is actually a big +. 

12 hours ago, katal0neca said:

So they've kept Dani Alves at 91 whose team finished 6th in Brazil, but they've dropped Filipe Luis to 90 whose team dominated last year in Brazil and also won Copa Libertadores for the first time in idk how many years. Where is the damn logic?

SM and logic? 🤔 

That's got to be the most difficult question asked on here. 😇

I would have thought if Dani'pa 👵 kept his 91, then surely this season's "King of America" - Gabriel Barbosa deserved a +1 to 91. 

12 hours ago, sharkdan said:

He played little and  badly in the first half of the season, but now (like all other Napoli players) he is doing well and he is playing regularly and rotating with Di Lorenzo. I think he will stay

Great response - you (as a Napoli fan) were the perfect manager to answer the question.

Forza Milan! 😀 

6 hours ago, Fabino said:

If you already have a solid enough defence and really need to reinforce the middle then why not?

21 minutes ago, ahatter1 said:

There is no way of knowing for sure, but my best guess (and I spend a lot of time guessing in this game) moral affects form, form affects performance, and performance affects outcomes. Just like fitness does. How they precisely ft into the game engine, only the SM wizards know for sure! In the end, nurture your players' morale by giving them a) the appropriate amount of games, and b) money.

The thing is my players are getting enough game time and few are still 88 or below moral. The only way I was able to increase the moral was by giving new contracts on same salary. 

Hence, I do not see any correlation with game time and moral. But I am not sure if moral affect performance coz moral doesn't show on the tactics page. 

Youth players rated 76 and below are on 70% or low moral. No salary issue there either. 

Just can't put a finger on how to deal with moral.

EDIT: In a GW a player on level 2 concern has same moral as a player who played all the games and he has no concern. Baffling.

1 minute ago, Nameless said:

The thing is my players are getting enough game time and few are still 88 or below moral. The only way I was able to increase the moral was by giving new contracts on same salary. 

Hence, I do not see any correlation with game time and moral. But I am not sure if moral affect performance coz moral doesn't show on the tactics page. 

Youth players rated 76 and below are on 70% or low moral. No salary issue there either. 

Just can't put a finger on how to deal with moral.

Here is a re-post of something I submitted a while back from the SM archives . (There is much more, but this is the important bit) Within your squad each player's target is worked out below:

Your 5 highest rated players and those rated 94 or higher expect to play in approximately 80% of the number of Turns;

Players rated 92 or higher expect to play in approximately 75% of the number of Turns;

Players that would expect to be in your first choice line-up and those rated 90 or higher will expect to play in approximately 65% of the number of Turns;

Players that would expect to be a substitute if you selected your first choice line-up and those rated 89 or higher will expect to play in approximately 30-40% of the number of Turns.

The rest of the players within your squad will only expect to play a few (if any) of the number of Turns

When players are not getting the appropriate amount of game time, morale and performance drop. Playing time DOES affect morale and the development of concerns (but concerns are a whole other post!). I have tracked and recorded it over the years, and I use this formula religiously to raise players to 100 percent morale and keep them there. (BTW, I only pay wage increases on demand, so I rarely us money to raise morale.)

3 minutes ago, ahatter1 said:

Here is a re-post of something I submitted a while back from the SM archives . (There is much more, but this is the important bit) Within your squad each player's target is worked out below:

Your 5 highest rated players and those rated 94 or higher expect to play in approximately 80% of the number of Turns;

Players rated 92 or higher expect to play in approximately 75% of the number of Turns;

Players that would expect to be in your first choice line-up and those rated 90 or higher will expect to play in approximately 65% of the number of Turns;

Players that would expect to be a substitute if you selected your first choice line-up and those rated 89 or higher will expect to play in approximately 30-40% of the number of Turns.

The rest of the players within your squad will only expect to play a few (if any) of the number of Turns

When players are not getting the appropriate amount of game time, morale and performance drop. Playing time DOES affect morale and the development of concerns (but concerns are a whole other post!). I have tracked and recorded it over the years, and I use this formula religiously to raise players to 100 percent morale and keep them there. (BTW, I only pay wage increases on demand, so I rarely us money to raise morale.)

I believe this is regarding concern and not moral?

3 minutes ago, Nameless said:

Both. Low morale (caused by lack of playing time) indicates and leads to concerns. Morale is definitely part of the equation. If you don't believe me, sit a high-rated player out indefinitely and watch his morale steadily decrease and the concerns will start appearing. The are not mutually exclusive.

10 minutes ago, Nameless said:

I dusted off some more from the SM archives: "Players with concerns will suffer a decrease in morale as concerns are just an extension of morale. The more concerns a player has or levels that develop, then the further their morale will decrease."

15 minutes ago, ahatter1 said:

I dusted off some more from the SM archives: "Players with concerns will suffer a decrease in morale as concerns are just an extension of morale. The more concerns a player has or levels that develop, then the further their morale will decrease."

Thanks. But I am not convinced. Like I said a player on level 2 concern is on same moral (83) with a player who played all the games and is not on concern. 

This is exactly why I asked about moral. It makes no sense to me. 

EDIT: Here's a question. This is new GW with season 1 running at present. Total matches played is 18. A 89 rated player played 10(3) out of those 18 matches. What moral range do you expect him to be?

37 minutes ago, gAv Gav said:

If you could sign 2 of the these players which would you choose?? (Not to do with rating, but long-term peak):

Bentancur

Aouar

Valverde

O.Dembele

Oyarzabal

Vinicius Junior

Vinicius Junior & Aouar.

24 minutes ago, JBS said:

Bruno Fernandes or Thomas Partey

Bruno.

36 minutes ago, gAv Gav said:

If you could sign 2 of the these players which would you choose?? (Not to do with rating, but long-term peak):

Bentancur

Aouar

Valverde

O.Dembele

Oyarzabal

Vinicius Junior

Valverde and Bentancur in my humble opinion.

But I see the others have chosen Aouar and to be fair there isn’t much in it between the 2 for me.

24 minutes ago, JBS said:

Bruno Fernandes, he’s untouchable at the minute haha

13 minutes ago, Nameless said:

Thanks. But I am not convinced. Like I said a player on level 2 concern is on same moral (83) with a player who played all the games and is not on concern. 

This is exactly why I asked about moral. It makes no sense to me. 

EDIT: Here's a question. This is new GW with season 1 running at present. Total matches played is 18. A 89 rated player played 10(3) out of those 18 matches. What moral range do you expect him to be?

Initial morale is(randomly?) assigned by SM. For example, I just started an Arsenal team and Leno has a morale of 56. Morale is adjusted every 12, 24 and 36 turns over the course of the season depending on game time.

Sorry I have failed to convince you. Perhaps someone else can be of more assistance. Cheers.

25 minutes ago, ahatter1 said:

Initial morale is(randomly?) assigned by SM. For example, I just started an Arsenal team and Leno has a morale of 56. Morale is adjusted every 12, 24 and 36 turns over the course of the season depending on game time.

Sorry I have failed to convince you. Perhaps someone else can be of more assistance. Cheers.

I didn't mean you failed to convince me. The quotation from archives didn't convince me. As in SM doesn't know what they are talking about. 

Here's from another GW - 

Player A - Rating 89; P 16(3)* out of 26. Moral 80

Player B - Rating 88; P 16(6)* out of 26. Moral 84

Player C - Rating 88; P 11(4)* out of 26. Moral 85

*Including cup, shield and SMFA.

Hence those archive quotation makes no sense to me. 

1 hour ago, gAv Gav said:

Bentancur

Aouar

Valverde

O.Dembele

Oyarzabal

Vinicius Junior

Aouar and Valverde

1 hour ago, JBS said:

Bruno

12 hours ago, Nameless said:

Does anybody know if moral is a individual or group effect? As in, if I put 2 50% moral players in my starting 11 (rest are all 100), does it mean the moral goes down after taking the average of the 11?

Morale.  

if you were giving footballers a score for being moral they’d all score 0.  Ryan Giggs would have a figure of -3 trillion for slipping one up his brothers wife for years on end...