• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sir Rahul

• Kieran_S91

• Soccahappy

• Milanista1

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi all, As you have seen, I have not really been active over the past few months other than updating my preds. It's just been me phasing out of the forum. Now that the reviews are done, I can say

Just noticed this thread has crossed 1 million views, 23k odd replies, 930 pages.  I know this is 3 and a half years old but I never intended for this to monopolise the forum back then (I would h

Page 200- didn't think we'd get here when I started this casually- thanks all

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Wave_Dweller said:

Which one would you buy for cash and why?
Koulibaly or Varane?

Varane

2 minutes ago, zerocool1 said:

De Vrij 92 in current review?

Potentially, If Inter can somehow win the league then I think he should rise yes.

Hi, I have an excess of 60 mil and need tips to improve my team.  My defenders are currently Marquinhos, TAA, Pavard, Davies, Gomez and Kolarov. Do you think I should bolster this defense with Koulibaly who's very expensive or is this sufficient?

Also I need to buy a  first-choice GK and the available ones are Szceszney, Handanovic and Courtois. Is Courtois a must buy here?

Finally I also need a AM(R/L) for cover and am looking at Havertz or Joao Felix. Is it more imperative for me to spend big on defense with Koulibaly + Handanovic  or is it better for me to get Courtois + Havertz?

6 hours ago, Sir Rahul said:

I think 94 has always been a fair rating for him. As he got that in 2011, I believe he was the best rated player at City for a fair few years (until Toure, Kompany, Aguero got 94+). 

indeed! 

That's a very good point, but  for me a 95 (at a stretch) would have been more fairer rating, especially given the rate at which some player's rise these days.

8 hours ago, The punch said:

no 94 for silva is good, he is not better than ozil at its peak,  yaya touré also had more impact for man city than silva. and yes de bruyne is much better !!!

de bruyne 446 games : 101 goals and 171 assist, david silva 632 games : 112 goal and 172 assist... 

do you understand why de bruyne is rated higher?

since 2017 de bruyne is the best player for city and before that it was touré/aguero..

Thank you for the stats, your response was nearly a KO blow 🤕 for me. 

However, I have one more shot left in me: so in my opinion, David Silva should have at least reached a 95 - having lifted the WC, EC (2012), 4 league titles and 2 FA Cups in his footballing career - not many (great/very good) player's ever get to do that. 🙂

34 minutes ago, daproz said:

Hi, I have an excess of 60 mil and need tips to improve my team.  My defenders are currently Marquinhos, TAA, Pavard, Davies, Gomez and Kolarov. Do you think I should bolster this defense with Koulibaly who's very expensive or is this sufficient?

Also I need to buy a  first-choice GK and the available ones are Szceszney, Handanovic and Courtois. Is Courtois a must buy here?

Finally I also need a AM(R/L) for cover and am looking at Havertz or Joao Felix. Is it more imperative for me to spend big on defense with Koulibaly + Handanovic  or is it better for me to get Courtois + Havertz?

Courtois + Havertz for me & maybe look at replacing Kolarov at the back

19 hours ago, MShahid said:

Sell isco for sane?

And isco drop to 91?

Yes and don't wait.

16 hours ago, crvena_zvezda said:

I just sold Kante for £60m, & now Sergio Busquets has become available (by transfer request). Should I buy him?

I wouldn't touch Busquets unless he is the only one left in the world.

10 hours ago, Milanista1 said:

Hey there, 

Just wanted some options, now that David Silva will be putting his Man City career to a close. Do you guys reckon David Silva was underrated on SM and in real life? If so what rating do you think he should have reached up to? 

Remember, he's a World cup and European Cup winner with 35 goals and 32 assists in 120+ apps for the National side. And since 2010 he has racked up a staggering 93 assists for Man City (in first place for assists) in the PL. 

Personally I believe he has always been an underrated player, "a silent Magician". 

He has always been consistently understated as a player but he has also won a lot, except Champs League which there is still a chance for Man City this season.

4 hours ago, Wave_Dweller said:

Which one would you buy for cash and why?
Koulibaly or Varane?

Varane. Younger, playing for a better club and country.

33 minutes ago, daproz said:

You need one good keeper and Courtois is the best option out of the 3 mentioned.

But I feel your defence needs a stronger starting CB as a priority. So I would suggest getting Koulibaly. And spending big of defence seems a more urgent need for you.

1 hour ago, daproz said:

Courtois + Havertz and I would look to replace Kolarov like @carlo123 said 😊

53 minutes ago, Milanista1 said:

That's a very good point, but  for me a 95 (at a stretch) would have been more fairer rating, especially given the rate at which some player's rise these days.

However, I have one more shot left in me: so in my opinion, David Silva should have at least reached a 95 - having lifted the WC, EC (2012), 4 league titles and 2 FA Cups in his footballing career - not many (great/very good) player's ever get to do that. 🙂

I don’t really want to get drawn into a debate on this but in my lifetime watching the Premier league I think that David Silva has been one of best midfielders I’ve ever watched and someone I would definitely pay money to go and see.

The way he makes the ball work and how he manages to protect it from defenders always looked effortless and was a joy to watch, personally he will be a big miss in English football.

He is probably one of the last remaining midfielders from that golden generation of Spanish football who dominated International football for years sometimes without playing with a striker which sounded crazy at the time haha.

Manchester City legend that’s for sure.

3 hours ago, Nameless said:

I just bought Benrahma in a GW. If they don't get promoted...his bday is next month as well. 

Should get a move though either ways

2 hours ago, daproz said:

Courtois has outside chance for 94

I'd go Havertz as more long term

39 minutes ago, topofthebilly said:

I could have sworn Martinelli was 6.0M the other day and now he has dropped to 4.0M ? Or am I hallucinating this time .. .

No you’re not hallucinating haha.

Martinelli did rise in value to 6 million for whatever reason but has now dropped again back to his original 4 million evaluation.

I don’t really understand why SM do this, Nkunku was the most noteable one for me as he’s yo-yo’d in price recently going from 10 million to 12 to 14 and back to 12 million again.

2 minutes ago, Arun said:

Ricardo Periera or Cancelo? Who has the most chances to get a rise?

Neither will rise but I think Periera has a better chance in future because he’s a starter at his club rather than rotation player like Cancelo under Pep.

@thorgan lesar

Ive done GK and Defenders so far, these are players I think you should definitely keep, admittidly I don’t know everyone on your list but I’ve tried to help as best as possible.

You do know your talents I will give you that 🙂

4FF611B9-045E-43FF-9AB3-49459D8C56FB.png

16 minutes ago, Arun said:

Skriniar, Laporte or Lenglet. Who has the chance to rise any time soon?

And should I buy Riqui Puig? Seeing him the Barcelona team sheet a lot these days.

Lenglet has the best chance of a rise in my opinion but I don’t think none of the 3 will.

Yes buy Puig!!

4 minutes ago, Versus13 said:

Would u guys offer S.Busquets for B.Fernandes?

If you are in the game for the long haul then get Fernandes, he will probably be at a similar rating to Busquets within the next year or two.

15 minutes ago, Arun said:

Skriniar, Laporte or Lenglet. Who has the chance to rise any time soon?

Hopefully all 3 considering i have them all in one of my GW 😁

Realistically speaking, i don't think so. Inter and Barça's defense have been erratic and Laporte was injured for most of the season. Maybe Laporte and Lenglet have a chance if they win the Champions League though.

3 hours ago, Milanista1 said:

For what it’s worth I also think he should have reached 95 at some point in his career. He’s pure class. A more talented footballer than Aubameyang, Griezmann or sterling who people are touting for a possible 95. That’s just my opinion tho