• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sir Rahul

• Kieran_S91

• Soccahappy

• Milanista1

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi all, As you have seen, I have not really been active over the past few months other than updating my preds. It's just been me phasing out of the forum. Now that the reviews are done, I can say

Just noticed this thread has crossed 1 million views, 23k odd replies, 930 pages.  I know this is 3 and a half years old but I never intended for this to monopolise the forum back then (I would h

Page 200- didn't think we'd get here when I started this casually- thanks all

Posted Images

44 minutes ago, Krooss25 said:

Why are sm going so slow again champs league perhaps? 

Sorry about the box cant delete 

Yeah probably but then again why rush through Germany with Leipzig and Bayern still in the competition.

Bayern are probably the favourites as well.

55 minutes ago, topofthebilly said:

I skimmed through the whole list of rating and position changes in the game today . Compared it to the records of changes on the website and almost 90% of the changes in game are no where to be found in the changelist .. .

The ones that ARE in the changelist , seem to be in quite a random order . No fifo (first in first out) system anymore .
Changelist I use goes from 26th of July till today (2nd of August) .

This is why people shouldn’t get too caught up on Soccerwiki.

Soccerwiki was a hot talking point a few months ago when France was being reviewed because of some the points you have rightly highlighted.

Edited by Kierans91
Grammar
1 hour ago, Howe’s That said:

Thanks for the ride Eddie, it’s been a great journey we’ve shared with you, to see little old AFCB in the Prem has been a dream, wishing you all the best.

Now to the future! UTCIAD

He’s done everything and more that he can at Bournemouth, just hope he gets another shot at the premier league because he deserves it.

25 minutes ago, Arun said:

image.png.4a2699f7f1ed4d0a9d7c804f2da140fe.png Can buy only one... Who should I go for?

Badiashile is linked with United.

Kamara unless Badiashille does move to Manchester United, at the minute it’s just speculation though.

13 minutes ago, zerocool1 said:

Need suggestions for 80-84 rated cbs who will rise in next 2 months and is not from top 5 leagues any idea?

I don’t know when these will rise because SM are dragging their feet at the minute but:

Igor Diveev - 77 -> 83

Vitaliy Mykolenko - 83 -> 85/6

Maximilian Wober - 83 -> 85

Osseynou Ba - 80 -> 82

Artem Shabanov - 82 -> 85

4 minutes ago, Armageddon2872 said:

In need of some opinions, I have a deal agreed for Haaland, of Moura, o.Dembele and 11 million, my other i play with 3 up top and Also have Rashford, Lewandowski robben Dzeko and Bergwin, with Greenwood and Fati for the future. Do I let the deal go through?

You have two great FCs (even if they are both over 30).  Haaland is also a FC and at 90, will need to play.  Do you play 4-3-3A or 4-3-3B?

10 minutes ago, Armageddon2872 said:

In need of some opinions, I have a deal agreed for Haaland, of Moura, o.Dembele and 11 million, my other i play with 3 up top and Also have Rashford, Lewandowski robben Dzeko and Bergwin, with Greenwood and Fati for the future. Do I let the deal go through?

Haaland, Depending on what formation you play Fati and Greenwood could play on either wing with Haaland up top for the future.

That would be a formidable attack!

7 minutes ago, Hrodulf said:

Lafont at 88 is over rated.  Any chance that SM makes a -1 or -2 correction?

Yeah that’s true, but I don’t see SM dropping a young players rating and with him playing all season for Nantes it’s even more unlikely.

————————————-

In other news, Leeds have to buy Augustin for 18 million because they got promoted, with Augustin only appearing 3 times for the club that is a huge waste of money.

Thats the type of business that put Leeds in the championship 😂🙈

2 minutes ago, Kierans91 said:

Haaland, Depending on what formation you play Fati and Greenwood could play on either wing with Haaland up top for the future.

That would be a formidable attack!

4-3-3 A so at the moment it’s Rashford Lewandowski and Dzeko up to.

i thought the same that’s my attack sorted with the other 3 for a long time to come.

4 hours ago, Kierans91 said:

Barella because of age I guess but I don’t see him being a 93/4+ player.

I think Ox and Barella both peak at 92 if they ever reach that rating.

Edit: there is an argument to suggest that Ox could have better long term potential because if Liverpool dominate for years to come and he plays a part in that, then his rating will probably match that.

@Soccahappy

66720C2C-4126-4BBC-B729-FBAE91CD497C.jpeg

Very close!

Peter Walton, referee-turned pundit, showed a replay and said it was the correct call. "Any part of the ball on any part of the line ... "

2 minutes ago, ahatter1 said:

Peter Walton, referee-turned pundit, showed a replay and said it was the correct call. "Any part of the ball on any part of the line ... "

Yeah I must say from this picture it’s hard to tell and would be even harder for the officials, but it’s just like the goal line if any bit of the ball (no matter how minimal) is touching line then it would be in the box.

I think the red card decision was the main really bad call in the game, the second yellow wasn’t even a foul in my opinion.

4 minutes ago, topofthebilly said:

Each game I am apparently getting 5-7 corner opportunities . However , my team never seems to score from a cornerkick ... ever ? 

How do you guys experience cornerkicks ?

Who do you set as your cornertaker ? (attacker , midfielder , defender) 

It never mentions corners like it mentions free kicks.

i pick a player known for taking their team’s corners (like TAA) or one who is listed on SM2020 as being good at corners.  I’ve bought Escudero many times for his dead ball skills at low cost.  

9 minutes ago, topofthebilly said:

Each game I am apparently getting 5-7 corner opportunities . However , my team never seems to score from a cornerkick ... ever ? 

How do you guys experience cornerkicks ?

Who do you set as your cornertaker ? (attacker , midfielder , defender) 

TBH, I view the Match Report as pure entertainment, and not as being particularly reflective of the code used in the match engine. I am sure there is some connection, but like most things in SM we will never know by how much.

I pay attention to final scores, and my opponents' formations and tactics. The rest simply feeds my "I-wanna-be-a-real-manager" imagination !

Jeremie Frimpong (19) played a lot last season for Celtic and I think he got young player of the year.

Currently playing in Celtic’s first game of the new season and he’s got himself on the score sheet.

Only rated at 70, he’s going to be a big riser in the future!

14 minutes ago, jgos2 said:

Well there is that Zenit 19yearold less than 80 though. Ibanez except hes in a big 5. What about the youngster starting at Sporting Lisbon

Danila Prokhin? He got added not so long back.

4 hours ago, Krooss25 said:

Why are sm going so slow again champs league perhaps? 

Sorry about the box cant delete 

Who ever knows, mate

2 hours ago, Arun said:

image.png.4a2699f7f1ed4d0a9d7c804f2da140fe.png Can buy only one... Who should I go for?

Badiashile is linked with United.

And any u-22 player under 5 million who can rise in the near future?

Badiashile

2 hours ago, zerocool1 said:

Need suggestions for 80-84 rated cbs who will rise in next 2 months and is not from top 5 leagues any idea?

What Kieran said :) 

2 hours ago, Arun said:

Any of these going to have a fall in value or rating in the near future?  

image.png

Ajax was reviewed in the past few months (was it April? - that's mad, so long ago)

1 hour ago, Armageddon2872 said:

Haaland

1 hour ago, Hrodulf said:

Lafont at 88 is over rated.  Any chance that SM makes a -1 or -2 correction?

Already reviewed this season (unless they review him for Fiorentina)

Goalkeeper ratings are tougher to estimate

49 minutes ago, Kierans91 said:

In other news, Leeds have to buy Augustin for 18 million because they got promoted, with Augustin only appearing 3 times for the club that is a huge waste of money.

Thats the type of business that put Leeds in the championship 😂🙈

Am sure it'll end up in a legal dispute! I was surprised, given Bielsa, that they would make the buy out permanent upon promotion. COVID has given them a bit of a loophole there.

24 minutes ago, ahatter1 said:

Agreed. The second yellow was extremely poor.

Why VAR is not called in to review a second yellow (that leads to a sending off like they do with a red card), is one of the issues fifa need to correct.

Agreed