• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sir Rahul

• Kieran_S91

• Soccahappy

• Milanista1

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi all, As you have seen, I have not really been active over the past few months other than updating my preds. It's just been me phasing out of the forum. Now that the reviews are done, I can say

Just noticed this thread has crossed 1 million views, 23k odd replies, 930 pages.  I know this is 3 and a half years old but I never intended for this to monopolise the forum back then (I would h

Page 200- didn't think we'd get here when I started this casually- thanks all

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, Kierans91 said:

Congratulations to Harrogate Town for getting promoted to the EFL for the first time in their history!! 🥳

Its a bonus that they’re from Yorkshire 😂

lovely!

4 minutes ago, Hrodulf said:

Vlasic from CSKA...  good young player. Probably not rising until he moves?  Or is their cap higher?

probably capped yes - his lack of success at Everton may also count against him 

Need a help with this guys.

Was planning to get a good young gk for my first team with Gollini being my first option. And now, he is injured in their last match and won’t play ucl apparently. Should I still go for him or look for other options such as Meret, Pau Lopez, Strakosha, Audero, Musso, Larsonneur, Farinez?

2 hours ago, Armageddon2872 said:

In need of some opinions, I have a deal agreed for Haaland, of Moura, o.Dembele and 11 million, my other i play with 3 up top and Also have Rashford, Lewandowski robben Dzeko and Bergwin, with Greenwood and Fati for the future. Do I let the deal go through?

You agreed on the deal so go through it!

14 minutes ago, Mike0007 said:

Was planning to get a good young gk for my first team with Gollini being my first option. And now, he is injured in their last match and won’t play ucl apparently. Should I still go for him or look for other options such as Meret, Pau Lopez, Strakosha, Audero, Musso, Larsonneur, Farinez?

Gasperini said this: Gollini had a nasty knock to the knee, it’s a bruise

No reason not to go for him - they may just have one more UCL game, after all

1 hour ago, ahatter1 said:

Christian Pulisic

Watched the replay of Pulisic continuing on and actually taking a shot after his hamstring ripped ... Probably the most courageous thing I have ever witnessed on a pitch ... Give him an extra +2 !

Azpilicueta did something similar, I think - commendable effort tho most courageous might be recency effect :) 

1 hour ago, Mike0007 said:

Keep with Gollini, like what Rahul said he should feature and has enough time to recover.

Second best option is Strakosha.

4 minutes ago, andy1305 said:

been offered erikson and zinchenko for my arthur, whats the chances of arthur rising and should i accept the offer?

Arthur, he won’t rise but Eriksen is on the way down at Inter and Zinchenko is just back up at City.

If you need the depth then go for the duo

2 hours ago, ahatter1 said:

Christian Pulisic

Watched the replay of Pulisic continuing on and actually taking a shot after his hamstring ripped ... Probably the most courageous thing I have ever witnessed on a pitch ... Give him an extra +2 !

Probably not the smartest thing to do.  

Many years ago I went in for a harsh 2-footer on my best mate, I mistimed it badly and you heard an audible tear noise.  I was saying ‘I’m so sorry, so sorry’ etc (I’m utterly crap outfield, my mate played for a Sunday league team at the time).  It’s only when I went to get up that it became clear that the tearing noise was myself, I’d royally bollocksed my ankle ligaments for the first time in my life.  

Like a knob I decided to carry on playing as best as I could (which as already explained - wasn’t very good without injury), I then went Karting (won as always) and then out on the piss.  I was constantly on my feet for about 10 hours.  When I got home and sat on the end of my bed for 10 minutes I then couldn’t put any weight on that foot.  

For at least 10 years after I could tweak it with ease, even just crossing the road and a car comes a bit quicker than expected so you break in to a brief jog - tweak, ankle ligaments buggered again.  LOL

Many years ago I went in for a harsh 2-footer on my best mate, I mistimed it badly and you heard an audible tear noise.  I was saying ‘I’m so sorry, so sorry’ etc (I’m utterly crap outfield, my mate played for a Sunday league team at the time).  It’s only when I went to get up that it became clear that the tearing noise was myself, I’d royally bollocksed my ankle ligaments for the first time in my life.  

I remember Carlton Fairweather at Wimbledon playing on after coming off worse in a 50/50 tackle. He was normally a winger but as we had used the 3 subs he stayed on the park and hopped around the centre circle trying to get close enough to people. Turned out he had broken his leg so the 20 or so minutes he carried on for made him even more of a "leg end" ledged with the Dons faithful. Luckily no permanent damage and he recovered to come back to the first team.

9 minutes ago, Id rather be in SW19 said:

I remember Carlton Fairweather at Wimbledon playing on after coming off worse in a 50/50 tackle. He was normally a winger but as we had used the 3 subs he stayed on the park and hopped around the centre circle trying to get close enough to people. Turned out he had broken his leg so the 20 or so minutes he carried on for made him even more of a "leg end" ledged with the Dons faithful. Luckily no permanent damage and he recovered to come back to the first team.

What about Bert Trautmann who broke his neck in a game for City and played on 😂😂😂

8 hours ago, Howe’s That said:

Thanks for the ride Eddie, it’s been a great journey we’ve shared with you, to see little old AFCB in the Prem has been a dream, wishing you all the best.

Now to the future! UTCIAD

One has to give the guy HUGE credit, what he brought to that Town is beyond measurable.

Is he a particularly great manager?  Not for me, no.  He was the right place at the right time, much as Joe Royal was for my beloved Oldham Athletic.  

So many similarities between the 2 - both took them from lower leagues (Howes achievements are greater, especially in this financial day and age) but both were pretty crap with signings when given money to spend.  

Yes, Howe made some good signings but many poor ones, I don’t think you could ever proclaim that he genuinely had a nose for a good buy at that level, not like he picked up any ‘bargains’.

He seems a genuinely nice guy but nice guys don’t win anything.  

There is an article on BBC currently that I’d largely agree with, even though it’s written by McNumpty who is the worst football journalist there is...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53628740

2 hours ago, olivier 1 said:

Also won best talent of scottish premier League this season

You mean last season haha.

1 hour ago, HAWKERS said:

Allan saint maxim or Jonny otto.

Purely based on potential. I know ASM will be have to move to get 90+ but is he good enough to be able to get a move to a bigger club ? 

ASM and definitely he will be at a top club in years to come, he’s a luxury player but a player who can turn a game in an instance in the right team.

1 hour ago, Sareum said:

Well, anyone that plays for City is a moron by default... LOL

Lol

1 hour ago, Id rather be in SW19 said:

What about Bert Trautmann who broke his neck in a game for City and played on 😂😂😂

I once saw Lee Evans (comedian) die on stage and carry on!

I don’t get this but Bert Trautmann actually did break his neck and carry on it’s a true story.

Here’s one for you all...

Do you remember the Chapecoense crash?

I had to take my car in for it’s first MOT that day (purely to keep the ‘stamps’ alive as I could do it myself - my side arm is building race engines).  I was sat in Weaterspoons having a full breakfast and coffee when it broke.  I literally myself as my old man was the senior manager for the 146 but had been retired for over 10 years at the time (no statute of limitation).  

I phoned him and he was a bit panicked.  He’d already had a stroke by this point.

I did some digging off flight records.  It wasn’t a 146 as BBC initially reported, it was an RJ.  It was me that informed the BBC of that (I’ll have to see if I still have the emails?)

The problem with that is that I knew I built the nose on that plane.  My arse was twitching for ages.

Pilot error.  Thank .

8 hours ago, andy1305 said:

been offered erikson and zinchenko for my arthur, whats the chances of arthur rising and should i accept the offer?

Arthur unless you want depth

8 hours ago, RieceM96 said:

Do you do the promoted teams ?? 

Will do a separate post on them

6 hours ago, HAWKERS said:

Allan saint maxim or Jonny otto.

Purely based on potential. I know ASM will be have to move to get 90+ but is he good enough to be able to get a move to a bigger club ? 

ASM

6 hours ago, Sareum said:

One has to give the guy HUGE credit, what he brought to that Town is beyond measurable.

Is he a particularly great manager?  Not for me, no.  He was the right place at the right time, much as Joe Royal was for my beloved Oldham Athletic.  

So many similarities between the 2 - both took them from lower leagues (Howes achievements are greater, especially in this financial day and age) but both were pretty crap with signings when given money to spend.  

Yes, Howe made some good signings but many poor ones, I don’t think you could ever proclaim that he genuinely had a nose for a good buy at that level, not like he picked up any ‘bargains’.

He seems a genuinely nice guy but nice guys don’t win anything.  

There is an article on BBC currently that I’d largely agree with, even though it’s written by McNumpty who is the worst football journalist there is...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53628740

agreed

4 hours ago, Sareum said:

Here’s one for you all...

Do you remember the Chapecoense crash?

I had to take my car in for it’s first MOT that day (purely to keep the ‘stamps’ alive as I could do it myself - my side arm is building race engines).  I was sat in Weaterspoons having a full breakfast and coffee when it broke.  I literally myself as my old man was the senior manager for the 146 but had been retired for over 10 years at the time (no statute of limitation).  

I phoned him and he was a bit panicked.  He’d already had a stroke by this point.

I did some digging off flight records.  It wasn’t a 146 as BBC initially reported, it was an RJ.  It was me that informed the BBC of that (I’ll have to see if I still have the emails?)

The problem with that is that I knew I built the nose on that plane.  My arse was twitching for ages.

Pilot error.  Thank .

oh wow

3 hours ago, Nameless said:

So Lautaro Martinez's value dropping to 28m from 36m is normal or it means something in this context?

His b'day is on 22nd and he will turn 23. If he doesn't get a +1 his value will end up being 24m.

not sure

18 hours ago, Mike0007 said:

Barella or Ox?

who has a better chance of rise in short term? Also, what’s their long term potential?

Ps:- I’m offering Matuidi plus cash for either one.

At a stretch. I say this because if Liverpool go ahead and play C. Jones, N. Keita, or even bring in another midfielder next season then the Ox 🐂 will probably get more time on the bench and possibly leave after the next season or two.

Barrela is still young and has the talent to keep a good stable rating for years to come. 

15 hours ago, Krooss25 said:

Why are sm going so slow again champs league perhaps? 

Sorry about the box cant delete 

🤔 It could be. Which is a good thing in a way (for some of the CL player's). 

14 hours ago, Arun said:

image.png.4a2699f7f1ed4d0a9d7c804f2da140fe.png Can buy only one... Who should I go for?

Badiashile is linked with United.

And any u-22 player under 5 million who can rise in the near future?

B. Kamara! For me he's probably the best young CB in Ligue 1 this season. 

12 hours ago, Armageddon2872 said:

4-3-3-A so Haaland can play anywhere along the front line.

I would put him in the middle of a front 3 with your midfielder - playmaker feeding him if you play through the middle, but if you attack on the wings then use a winger as your playmaker,  preferably one who is also a good passer.  

12 hours ago, topofthebilly said:

Each game I am apparently getting 5-7 corner opportunities . However , my team never seems to score from a cornerkick ... ever ? 

How do you guys experience cornerkicks ?

Who do you set as your cornertaker ? (attacker , midfielder , defender) 

I would read the Soccer Wiki profile for each of  your starting players, and then decide who is your best player with the corners attribute - l allocate him to be your corner taker.

10 hours ago, Mike0007 said:

One of these two. 

9 hours ago, andy1305 said:

Duo, but only if you need strength in depth.