• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sir Rahul

• Kieran_S91

• Soccahappy

• Milanista1

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi all, As you have seen, I have not really been active over the past few months other than updating my preds. It's just been me phasing out of the forum. Now that the reviews are done, I can say

Just noticed this thread has crossed 1 million views, 23k odd replies, 930 pages.  I know this is 3 and a half years old but I never intended for this to monopolise the forum back then (I would h

Page 200- didn't think we'd get here when I started this casually- thanks all

Posted Images

3 hours ago, T&T said:

Who would you choose Rudiger or Diego Carlos? Thanks  

Rudiger hasn't impressed me at all and I watch Chelsea often. Chelsea keep buying great attacking players BUT it's the defence that needs sorting. They concede too many goals. This is probably obvious to most, if not all, Premier League watchers. 

Anyway its Diego Carlos T&T!

SWIKI this morning edited 19th Brescia 7players, 17th Genoa 24 players, 16th Torino 22 players,15th Sampdoria 23 players and a few From Lecce, Sassuolo Cagliari. I'd call that quite quick by SM old standards and probably appearing in SM 4 to 5days. I probably need to get a move on with Italy to keep ahead but busy day to day. Will do my best...

Cheers Socca 😀

21 minutes ago, Nameless said:

This comparison with Ozil's wage is weird. Ozil signed a contract two years ago. 

Staffs have been laid off in 2020 due to the pandemic. 

The club gave very detailed reasons.

I know it’s due to the pandemic, I think it’s poor timing, the staff who have played a role in helping Arsenal win a trophy only last week are now getting made redundant.

Not to mention they have just qualified for the Europa league which is worth 40 million.

The club must be in big financial trouble if they are cutting costs of staff members which are on peanuts compared to to earners like Ozil.

It seems like a very Kroenke thing to do.

Be interesting to see how much money they spend in the summer on transfers and how much money they are willing to throw at Auba 😁

14 minutes ago, Id rather be in SW19 said:

Hi I want Lukaku from another manager, (my best striker is Vardy, then I am on 90 rated players) he says he will do so for Osimhen, Richarlison and £8m

I wont miss Richarlison and the cash, but isnt this a bit rich?

Thanks in advance

I’m not sure I can see Osmihen going beyond 91/92 at Napoli so I think it’s a fair deal for you if you won’t miss Richarlison.

Lukaku should rise to 93 in the next month.

Edited by Kierans91
53 minutes ago, Kierans91 said:

I know it’s due to the pandemic, I think it’s poor timing, the staff who have played a role in helping Arsenal win a trophy only last week are now getting made redundant.

Not to mention they have just qualified for the Europa league which is worth 40 million.

The club must be in big financial trouble if they are cutting costs of staff members which are on peanuts compared to to earners like Ozil.

It seems like a very Kroenke thing to do.

Be interesting to see how much money they spend in the summer on transfers and how much money they are willing to throw at Auba 😁

No it's not a Kroenke thing, it's a businessman thing. 

The timing may seem odd to general public. I am certain things were processed way before. One doesn't call 55 staffs and sack them instantly. 

And yes compared to footballers it's peanuts but that's the market. The salaries footballers earn that's the market. There's no comparison here. 

I am pretty sure if it was possible Arsenal would have teared up Ozil's contract. 

Auba will take the field. Auba will play football. Auba will score goals. Auba will win them matches. Staffs won't. Again, a non-starter comparison.

Arsenal know how much they can spent and hence the redundancy. It's not like we are sacking you coz there's no money. There's limited money and the board have made priorities where to spend them. A smart thing to do. A business thing to do. 

EDIT: Redundancy is not done by who earns the most and who earns the least. Redundancy is done according to a situation which positions and/or personnel and least required being the major reason. There are other reasons such as who gets least compensation, etc. 

14 minutes ago, Nameless said:

No it's not a Kroenke thing, it's a businessman thing. 

The timing may seem odd to general public. I am certain things were processed way before. One doesn't call 55 staffs and sack them instantly. 

And yes compared to footballers it's peanuts but that's the market. The salaries footballers earn that's the market. There's no comparison here. 

I am pretty sure if it was possible Arsenal would have teared up Ozil's contract. 

Auba will take the field. Auba will play football. Auba will score goals. Auba will win them matches. Staffs won't. Again, a non-starter comparison.

Arsenal know how much they can spent and hence the redundancy. It's not like we are sacking you coz there's no money. There's limited money and the board have made priorities where to spend them. A smart thing to do. A business thing to do. 

If it’s a businessman thing I don’t see why other clubs aren’t making 50+ people redundant like Chelsea, Spurs etc teams spending similar money.

I just find it odd in my opinion 😀

You are right though no one knows what’s going on behind the scenes.

5 minutes ago, RieceM96 said:

So pretty much all of Sevilla get 90? Except for the GK ? That has annoyed me so much and is such BS 

Did think about this earlier after your conversation about goalkeepers a week ago.

Does seem strange.

19 minutes ago, RieceM96 said:

So pretty much all of Sevilla get 90? Except for the GK ? That has annoyed me so much and is such BS 

Agreed

1 hour ago, Id rather be in SW19 said:

Hi I want Lukaku from another manager, (my best striker is Vardy, then I am on 90 rated players) he says he will do so for Osimhen, Richarlison and £8m

I wont miss Richarlison and the cash, but isnt this a bit rich?

Thanks in advance

I'd take Lukaku, who will have a higher peak than Osimhen in his career imo

1 hour ago, Nameless said:

This comparison with Ozil's wage is weird. Ozil signed a contract two years ago. 

Staffs have been laid off in 2020 due to the pandemic. 

The club gave very detailed reasons.

Easy likes + RTs 

19 minutes ago, Kierans91 said:

If it’s a businessman thing I don’t see why other clubs aren’t making 50+ people redundant like Chelsea, Spurs etc teams spending similar money.

I just find it odd in my opinion 😀

You are right though no one knows what’s going on behind the scenes.

Dude you seem to agree and then go and say the total opposite thing in the next sentence. 

It has nothing to do with other clubs. So if Chelsea spends 200m everybody has to spend 200m? 

No man that's not how things work. 

Every business has its own model, its own structure, its own functionalities. 

LFC instead of making redundancy decided not to spend more than 50m on a player. That's another model.

Arsenal cannot afford to do that. They got 8th position with difficulties and half the team sucks unlike LFC. See the priorities? 

Now please don't agree and then in your second sentence say Brentford is building a new stadium. 

26 minutes ago, Nameless said:

Dude you seem to agree and then go and say the total opposite thing in the next sentence. 

It has nothing to do with other clubs. So if Chelsea spends 200m everybody has to spend 200m? 

No man that's not how things work. 

Every business has its own model, its own structure, its own functionalities. 

LFC instead of making redundancy decided not to spend more than 50m on a player. That's another model.

Arsenal cannot afford to do that. They got 8th position with difficulties and half the team sucks unlike LFC. See the priorities? 

Now please don't agree and then in your second sentence say Brentford is building a new stadium. 

I was actually trying to have a nice debate agreeing with some of the points you make, you seem to think that the image I posted was about Ozil and how much he earns which isn’t true.

Please don’t insult my intelligence, this is pretty rich though coming from the guy who didn’t know Turkey was in Europe 🤡

I agree that no one knows what’s going on behind the scenes but at the same time in MY OPINION find it strange that they are making 55 people redundant who collectively must earn around 2 million a year but are then trying to bring in Willian who will cost that in a couple of months (playing staff or non playing staff)

You always seem to want to have an argument with people on this forum and I don’t understand why, can you not find a women who will satisfy you sexually?

Kroenke is worth 6.3 billion and he’s letting 55 people go worth 2 million, just let that sink in.

I’m done banging my head against a brick wall.

p.s Liverpool and Spurs both tried to furlough staff regardless of Liverpool’s so called don’t buy anyone above 50 million ‘model’

26 minutes ago, Kierans91 said:

I was actually trying to have a nice debate agreeing with some of the points you make, you seem to think that the image I posted was about Ozil and how much he earns which isn’t true.

Please don’t insult my intelligence, this is pretty rich though coming from the guy who didn’t know Turkey was in Europe 🤡

I agree that no one knows what’s going on behind the scenes but at the same time in MY OPINION find it strange that they are making 55 people redundant who collectively must earn around 2 million a year but are then trying to bring in Willian who will cost that in a couple of months (playing staff or non playing staff)

You always seem to want to have an argument with people on this forum and I don’t understand why, can you not find a women who will satisfy you sexually?

Kroenke is worth 6.3 billion and he’s letting 55 people go worth 2 million, just let that sink in.

I’m done banging my head against a brick wall.

p.s Liverpool and Spurs both tried to furlough staff regardless of Liverpool’s so called don’t buy anyone above 50 million ‘model

Okay, what am I trying to have? First I was having a debate. 

Secondly and most importantly don't get personal. About the turkey thing I had a brain fart. I have been to more countries than you can name (see this is called not having a debate!)

As for not finding a woman to satisfy me. Let's put a stop there. I can use insults that you will have to open a dictionary to understand. Be in your limit. Like I said don't get personal. 

Btw, I am not arguing with you I am disagreeing with you and how simplistically you see a business model. And your comparisons between club's, players and staffs are absolutely wrong.

In my conclusion I will say one thing take your dictionary out and see the difference between debate and argument. And also learn about businesses, will come handy in future.

Anyway the end from me on this topic. 

53 minutes ago, Sir Rahul said:

Joaquin Fernandez has moved to Heerenveen, worth a punt? 73 rated, 21 yo. @Kierans91 @thorgan lesar

Yeah I think so, he will probably fill in for the space left by Botman returning to parent club.

36 minutes ago, RieceM96 said:

It's just so annoying. La Liga hasn't got many 90 GKs so this one was deserved

Yeah agreed.

Ander Herrera - Ross Barkley - Leandro Paredes: I have to sell 1-2 of them due to concerns, who should I sell?

Who has more chances to reach 90 in the future between Barkley and Paredes, considering the player more than the current situation?

4 minutes ago, Marek said:

Ander Herrera - Ross Barkley - Leandro Paredes: I have to sell 1-2 of them due to concerns, who should I sell?

Who has more chances to reach 90 in the future between Barkley and Paredes, considering the player more than the current situation?

I don’t think the PSG move for Paredes has worked out and Herrera has struggled with injury this season, also consider the fact that PSG seem keen on Thiago from Bayern Munich, where would that leave both Paredes and Herrera.

However Barkley may face a similar challenge at Chelsea with Ziyech and potentially Havertz.

I would say sell Barkley + Paredes I don’t think neither him or Paredes will reach 90 anytime soon.

I will not be responding to this post (you chose to read it or not)

I just wanted to put this out their, so Arsenal will be saving an estimated 2 million from 55 working class people losing their jobs. Granted these staff members are not playing staff so you could say they won’t benefit the teams performance (Cagigao lost his job who unearthed Cesc Fabregas, Hector Bellerin and Gabriel Martinelli, I would say that benefited the team)

Meanwhile Arsenal’s wage bill last season was 232 million. Now I know they can’t just tear up players contracts but for the sake of 55 people who were on 35k a year (average estimate) now looking for a job in a very uncertain time.

2 million compared to 232 million is a drop in the ocean, business or not I don’t see how that saving can be a big deal to a person worth 6.3 billion.

0.86% saving on top of wage cuts in recent months of playing staff and management and the little money Arsenal have spent in recent transfer windows.

We don’t know what’s going on behind the scenes but it doesn’t look good on the surface pandemic or not.

4B678AA7-3BD2-4F81-99FD-9C8AF190FA13.thumb.png.26a1e64b59e867ac65d398986d2b2b54.png

58 minutes ago, Kierans91 said:

Yeah I think so, he will probably fill in for the space left by Botman returning to parent club.

Yeah agreed.

Ah nice

45 minutes ago, Marek said:

I'd sell Herrera, because he has already peaked at 91. Both he and Paredes are not starters at PSG. Barkley is also unlikely to find regular gametime at Chelsea. I'd sell all honestly.

Hey everyone, hope you are all well.

I´m having a dilemma in choosing a player to buy, and who has the best chance to rise in the next reviews.

The players I am considering are:

Nikola Vlasic

Nicolás Domínguez

Manuel Locatelli

Sander Berge

Amadou Diawara

James Ward-Prowse

All of them are in leagues still to be reviewed (mainly Serie A, Premier League and Russian Premier League)