Rahul W's rating predictions

8 hours ago, Sir Rahul said:

Slow day in the Italian review but Barrow got a good rise.

Some other random players got rises today: Normann got a +5 to 83 as I predicted in the Rostov preds. Jens Hauge got a lovely +5 to 80 which makes me quite happy as I have him :D 

Hopefully Diveev and Karpov will get their deserved rise soon, I know a lot of people would be happy to see that seen as Russia was predicted to be reviewed before the big leagues.

2 hours ago, Gumball said:

Sterling 95? not for me. Not a big game player and most importantly, city have won nothing this season. Hopefully KDB drops while we're at it

Factually speaking they won the league cup and Charity shield 😂🙈

But yeah I get you, they have won nothing major.

KDB best midfielder in the world in my opinion so I don’t think he deserves to drop, equalled Henry’s record of 20 assists in the league this season and just won EPL player of the year ahead of numerous Liverpool players who could of easily won it.

Sterling has scored 20 goals this season for City in the league which is really good for a winger and deserves to be on terms with players like Hazard, I don’t usually rate English players because I think they are overhyped but Sterling has really grown on me over the last 2 or 3 seasons.

You can’t really argue that Manchester City’s attacking players are brilliant it’s the defence which is a huge issue, 100 goals in the last 3 league campaigns just goes to show how good they are going forward.

• Replies 31.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sir Rahul

• Kieran_S91

• Milanista1

• Soccahappy

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi all, As you have seen, I have not really been active over the past few months other than updating my preds. It's just been me phasing out of the forum. Now that the reviews are done, I can say

Just noticed this thread has crossed 1 million views, 23k odd replies, 930 pages.  I know this is 3 and a half years old but I never intended for this to monopolise the forum back then (I would h

Page 200- didn't think we'd get here when I started this casually- thanks all

Posted Images

22 hours ago, electricpipe said:

Any chances of rises for Henderson Oxlade and Dragowski? 

+1 all round.

20 hours ago, T&T said:

Hi, please can you rate these in order who you’d sign and why 

Joaquin Correa, Angel Correa, David Neres and Luka Jovic

Joaquin Correa, Angel Correa, Luka Jovic/David Neres.

I would sign them in this order becuase the first two have 90+ potential, and the other two have not impressed me enough this season.

19 hours ago, zerocool1 said:

You guys think Angelino will rise?

As Kierans91 said he'll probably rise with M.City. 

11 hours ago, Vib said:

Is there a slight chance of Kimmich reaching 95 if Bayern win UCL? Can he ever reach 95 or is 94 his peak?

I hope he reaches up to a 95 soon enough. He is a very consistant - stable player for Bayern Munich, just as Lahm was before him. And a CL win would give him a boost towards 95. 

8 hours ago, JBS said:

Send Chilwell for Richarlison? 

I favor Richarlison, but he may be stuck at Everton and Chilwell may find greener pastures.  Especially the way Chelsea are loading up.   

I've other options at LB, maybe not as good (Gosens and Semedo, and Saka for the future). 

Yes, I would send Chilwell to the moon. 😁

You have decent enough replacements for him. 

If Richarlison would add (needed) stregth to your attack then pick him.

6 hours ago, JAMancini said:

Sell Rodri Hernandez? Not yet.

He could be in for a +1 (at a stretch) in the next review.  It's also dependant on who else you have available to replace him in team/your gameworld.

5 hours ago, MShahid said:

Playing a 94% health benzema or fully fit dembele as striker !

Who will have more impact?

Play your nearly fully fit Benzema for 60 mins, then bring on Dembele.

5 hours ago, Marek said:

Regardless of position and rating:

Reine-Adelaide or Brewster?

Who to sell between Ait-Nouri, Aouchiche, Trincao and Boadu? I need to sell one.

Competitive gameworld and long term project.

5 hours ago, Gumball said:

Ajax were in the semis last season so i don't think the stock of the leagues has gone up because of it. People will take it for what it is, extraordinary circumstances. Coronavirus has made it a completely different tournament. French and German seasons finished way ahead of the other leagues aswell. Could have had an effect. Fair play to Lyon though. Hope they win it. And Caqueret gets a nice bump!

I don't believe the German league finished way ahead of the other leagues as the French league did. Plus there was also talk as to the competitive fitness of the french team's players - becuase they hadn't played any real football for such a time.

6 hours ago, Damien1990 said:

To be honest I don't think Hummels is important to Bayern at all. Couldn't even be bothered to show up on the pitch this season. 😁

I'm still firm on Sterling deserving a rise (after all, performances over a season should count rather than a miss in one game in which he was still one of the best players on the pitch), but with how fickle the reviewers can be at times*, that miss will have put paid to it.

*like Alaba deserved a rise but probably didn't get one due to his contract situation, Boateng went down in rating too quick despite becoming an important starter for Bayern this season and that won't be remedied either, again due to contract situation and his age and countless other players in similar situations who missed out on a deserved rise.

I agree! 

It's unfair on some player's that there whole (impressive) season can be judged by one poor game. i'm no Sterling fan and never have been but boy he's been excellent for City yet again this season. I beleive SM should judge some player's more induvidually rather than as a whole team.

31 minutes ago, Milanista1 said:

I don't believe the German league finished way ahead of the other leagues as the French league did. Plus there was also talk as to the competitive fitness of the french team's players - becuase they hadn't played any real football for such a time.

They finished 3 to 4 weeks ahead of la liga, a month before the premier league and 5 weeks before serie a. And those leagues had to blitz through their remaining fixtures. Bundesliga had 2 games less to get through as it is being an 18 league team. Yes, there's a disadvantage to having time off, but having to blitz through to finish leagues left teams almost at the point of exhaustion from those other leagues. Should put it back to two legs now the teams left are from parts club med.

1 hour ago, Ahmed said:

There's always a surprise package in the UCL. Last year was Ajax but this year it's 4 clubs from the French & German leagues in the semis. We give so much praise to the EPL or La Liga when 2/3 of their clubs get to the semis so why not this time?

The German league ended a bit before the rest so their players got some extra time to recover, but Bayern Munich have been amazing all season and Barcelona have been their worst in almost 15 years. The French league ended 5 months ago! I don't remember if footballers have ever had that much time off competitive football. You lose your rhythm by not playing football in that long and this showed by how Atalanta almost stunned PSG. Almost everyone even tipped Man City to go past Lyon but this is what makes football sweet sometimes.

Many changes brought up due to the COVID-19 circumstances were in favor of some clubs and affected others adversely. 

Many teams perform better at home due to crowd support and playing without fans surely cost them some points.
The 5-sub rule introduced favored richer/smarter clubs which could afford to have a good bench or a bigger squad, giving them a slight edge over other clubs in all competitions when they resumed. Many clubs have been hit financially by this pandemic and have to sell their players or lay off staff to survive.

A knockout style UCL is a way to give all clubs an equal chance to compete, just as it's done in the World Cup but it won't favor UEFA because $$$. 

I wouldn't call any league a farmers league. Think it's ridiculous but there is stronger leagues. Lyon beating City didn't surprise me. City are woeful on the european stage. Nothing outfit. PSG another nothing outfit. Neither have done anything on the european stage. PSG Beat Atalanta because atalanta were absolutely shattered which showed as the game wore on. Ironically if the 5 sub introduced favored richer/smarter clubs like you said, then bar lyon, it actually favoured the others and reduces the achievement of the so called farmers league being left. PSG. Bayern and even Red Bull are sporting behemoths. Lyon are the only surprise package but like i say, not really a surprise given they faced City. I do stand by my praise of them though. Would love to see them win it

1 hour ago, Kierans91 said:

Factually speaking they won the league cup and Charity shield 😂🙈

But yeah I get you, they have won nothing major.

KDB best midfielder in the world in my opinion so I don’t think he deserves to drop, equalled Henry’s record of 20 assists in the league this season and just won EPL player of the year ahead of numerous Liverpool players who could of easily won it.

Sterling has scored 20 goals this season for City in the league which is really good for a winger and deserves to be on terms with players like Hazard, I don’t usually rate English players because I think they are overhyped but Sterling has really grown on me over the last 2 or 3 seasons.

You can’t really argue that Manchester City’s attacking players are brilliant it’s the defence which is a huge issue, 100 goals in the last 3 league campaigns just goes to show how good they are going forward.

Well I was joking when i said he should drop! Shouldn't be 96 to begin with though in my book. Gotta do it on the european stage for that kind of rating for me. And those two mental midgets aint doing that anytime soon!

Previous tables on pages 777, 779, 780, 781, 782, 783, 784.785,786,787, 788, 789, 790, 791,792,793, 794,795,796,797,798,799,800,801,803,804,805.806,807,808,810,811,812,813,814.816,817,818,819,821,822,823,824,825,8826,827,828,829,830,831.832,833,834,835.836,837,839,841,842,844,845,855,856,857.860,864,866, 867.868,871,872,873,875,876,877,878,880,914,955,988. 1003,1008,1016, 1023.1026,1030, 1032,1042, 1045, 1047, 1055 , 1057, 1060, 1063, 1065, 1068, 1082, 1083, 1085, 1087, 1089, 1092, 1095, 1098, 1103,1106,1109, 1118  Be careful of the Reddish boxes where the higher rated players are more inclined towards performances rather than stats.

Minutes will vary game by game and league position also helps a lot. Anything over 0% indicates likely riser, higher the better/safer. Negative percentages don't predict a drop just less chances of a rise. The more games played the more accurate the predictions should be.

Spreadsheet results in Contrast to SM Italy Clubs Review

Spd-Sht-Results-Genoa-Torino-Caglia1.png

At my first glance look at SM's Genoa review I immediately thought, wow that's really poor and then I looked closer. The highest spreadsheet player was only +1.9%, so I can't fault SM.  If I reduced the 0% figure by 2% all those players would have been below the all important 0%line. Plus Genoa finished 17th only one player was forecast to Rise... Pinamonti (should show 0)!

Thankfully, Torino and Cagliari made up for Genoa's result with 9 or 10 risers. Ladinetti shows 0 in the "Actual Rise" column but should show 3!

Anyway, more tomorrow hopefully. Thank you to all for the interest and support of the spreadsheet predictions, much appreciated, .Cheers Socca 😀

Ps Mentioning the 0%Line I can give you a little insight into why after many, many years of the spreadsheet it is quite accurate. In effect it's evolution! The first time I did this maybe 8 or 9  years ago and found how far the result for each club prediction was out I corrected it using the 0%line.

In other words what I will be doing later is correcting Genoa by adjusting it 1.8% lower. Should they be in a higher position I will adjust it again higher. If they were in 1st position adjust it by a lot and 16th position not so much. Over the years it becomes closer and closer... 

41 minutes ago, Gumball said:

Well I was joking when i said he should drop! Shouldn't be 96 to begin with though in my book. Gotta do it on the european stage for that kind of rating for me. And those two mental midgets aint doing that anytime soon!

Fair enough 😊

47 minutes ago, Gumball said:

I wouldn't call any league a farmers league. Think it's ridiculous but there is stronger leagues. Lyon beating City didn't surprise me. City are woeful on the european stage. Nothing outfit. PSG another nothing outfit. Neither have done anything on the european stage. PSG Beat Atalanta because atalanta were absolutely shattered which showed as the game wore on. Ironically if the 5 sub introduced favored richer/smarter clubs like you said, then bar lyon, it actually favoured the others and reduces the achievement of the so called farmers league being left. PSG. Bayern and even Red Bull are sporting behemoths. Lyon are the only surprise package but like i say, not really a surprise given they faced City. I do stand by my praise of them though. Would love to see them win it

Leipzig sporting behemoths? They’ve been in existence for 11 years and won absolutely nothing.

Then you claim that Manchester City are a nothing outfit, City have won the first division/EPL 6 times, FA cup 6 times, League cup 7 times and European cup once.

PSG another nothing outfit have won Ligue 1 - 9 times, coupe de France 13 times, Coupe de la Ligue 9 times and UEFA cup winners cup once.

Don’t know how accurate these numbers are but either way both PSG and City have won more than Leipzig.

I guess it depends what you class as a behemoth but I would consider trophies/history as a way of saying how big a club are.

5 minutes ago, Kierans91 said:

Fair enough 😊

Leipzig sporting behemoths? They’ve been in existence for 11 years and won absolutely nothing.

Then you claim that Manchester City are a nothing outfit, City have won the first division/EPL 6 times, FA cup 6 times, League cup 7 times and European cup once.

PSG another nothing outfit have won Ligue 1 - 9 times, coupe de France 13 times, Coupe de la Ligue 9 times and UEFA cup winners cup once.

Don’t know how accurate these numbers are but either way both PSG and City have won more than Leipzig.

I guess it depends what you class as a behemoth but I would consider trophies/history as a way of saying how big a club are.

PSG and City are nothing outfits, in europe, which is what the conversation is in relation to. They have done next to nothing on the european stage. manchester city have not won the european cup. They won a cup winners cup back in 19 o splash. Not big ears. PSG the same cup. Both have woefully under delivered in europe. I never said Leipzig are a sporting behemoth mate. I said Red Bull! and the organisation behind that club are.

going back a few pages, Has anyone else noticed how the "free kick" outcomes have changed, Tonight I gave away 5 free kicks onlyhad one player booked, so by the "old rules" would expect to have conceded 4 goals. But no only one goal. likewise I missed a couple when no booking made for the dirty player who fouled my glorious Wombles.

Looks like SM have changed something.

interesting t hear if others have noticed!

Also has another not on the pitch player score the winner against me!  players 15,16,17 came on in 60th minute and player 18 got the winner! crazy

1 hour ago, Gumball said:

PSG and City are nothing outfits, in europe, which is what the conversation is in relation to. They have done next to nothing on the european stage. manchester city have not won the european cup. They won a cup winners cup back in 19 o splash. Not big ears. PSG the same cup. Both have woefully under delivered in europe. I never said Leipzig are a sporting behemoth mate. I said Red Bull! and the organisation behind that club are.

Still won competitions in Europe, as far as I am aware the Red Bull organisation haven’t won anything in Europe.

If you are referring to the organisations behind the clubs then the Abu Dhabi’s and Qataris are sporting behemoths with the amount of funds they pump into football.

19 minutes ago, Id rather be in SW19 said:

going back a few pages, Has anyone else noticed how the "free kick" outcomes have changed, Tonight I gave away 5 free kicks onlyhad one player booked, so by the "old rules" would expect to have conceded 4 goals. But no only one goal. likewise I missed a couple when no booking made for the dirty player who fouled my glorious Wombles.

Looks like SM have changed something.

interesting t hear if others have noticed!

Also has another not on the pitch player score the winner against me!  players 15,16,17 came on in 60th minute and player 18 got the winner! crazy

Probably nothing new but I played a game the other day against an unmanaged team and lost 3-1 even though I absolutely hammered them.

20 shots compared to their 5.

70 % possession.

22 hours ago, Gumball said:

They finished 3 to 4 weeks ahead of la liga, a month before the premier league and 5 weeks before serie a. And those leagues had to blitz through their remaining fixtures. Bundesliga had 2 games less to get through as it is being an 18 league team. Yes, there's a disadvantage to having time off, but having to blitz through to finish leagues left teams almost at the point of exhaustion from those other leagues. Should put it back to two legs now the teams left are from parts club med.

Thank you for explaining further.

I guess with fixtures coming thick and fast it would have negativitley affected the player's fitness levels.

However, it's nice to see someone different in this year's semi-final stage.  

I would like to hear United’s fans view on Ole as their manager, is he the right man for the job?

Is he tactically adept to manage such a huge club, seemed to get it wrong against Chelsea in the FA cup starting with a back 5 even though United were on a good run of form with 3 up top.

Does he rely too much on Bruno Fernandes and the front 3, took until the 82nd minute tonight to make a change.

I know they were unlucky and it was poor defending for the 2nd goal but I’d like to hear some opinions.

@Sir Rahul @The punch and any other Manchester United fans.

Has it been a good season? Top 4 is great but was you expecting any silverware especially being in 2 semi finals after the restart?

36 minutes ago, Kierans91 said:

I would like to hear United’s fans view on Ole as their manager, is he the right man for the job?

Is he tactically adept to manage such a huge club, seemed to get it wrong against Chelsea in the FA cup starting with a back 5 even though United were on a good run of form with 3 up top.

Does he rely too much on Bruno Fernandes and the front 3, took until the 82nd minute tonight to make a change.

I know they were unlucky and it was poor defending for the 2nd goal but I’d like to hear some opinions.

Has it been a good season? Top 4 is great but was you expecting any silverware especially being in 2 semi finals after the restart?

Yes he could have used the subs early.... but haven't we seen before what happens when Ole uses the subs? This 11 was the best he had... which obviously overplayed...

People will hopefully now understand how important Shaw is... His defense, his positioning, his crossing, overlapping runs. 

This team has performed well and if we were told at the start of the season that we would be 3rd and lose in 3 semis.. We would have jumped at it...

Now it is upto Ed, Bring in Sancho, De Beek, Badiashile MINIMUM!

28 minutes ago, Kierans91 said:

I say that Ole needs to go. We will not progress with him as manager. He is unable to make a decision that counts, unable to inspire the team. To leave Ole in charge, means that they have learned nothing. Woodward needs to go, cant get bloody transfers sorted. The whole management structure is inept

Rashford is awful, maguire lindelof pogba not good enough, martial wasteful 

rashford keeps starting even tho hes been in bad form since the restart, United should forget sancho and look for another proper defender

Good season ?  NO ( 66 pts like last season )

if Inter go ont to lift the cup with Lukaku and Sanchez I will fall off my chair laughing. i hate so much Woodward

11 minutes ago, Arun said:

This team has performed well and if we were told at the start of the season that we would be 3rd and lose in 3 semis.. We would have jumped at it...

NOOOOO, 66 pts like last season ( we can thank Chelsea and Leicester for their horrible form after the covid  )

3 hours ago, hesselink said:

Dybala probably the worst 92+ player on SM... I'm playing in competitive GW, but his stats are always low...

I have little luck with him as well. For a 93 that has FC as his preferred position, he rarely plays as a 93.  I’ve had him playing FL with Mbappe as FC, average stats.  I have as FC with Haller together, his per game rating leads the team, but Haller fills the stats.  I have SMS, Goretska, and Ruiz behind them, so they have quality  supply and support.

He’s also really good at free kicks, but Koke, Cal, and even Escudero produce more from them.  

I have to disagree with the punch a little. 

It was a bad night for united but lots of good football player. United were fun to watch this season. Thats a huge leap forward from how abysmal they were. 

Is there still work to be done? Yes 

Is it time to get rid of ole? No 

He got 3rd place and champions league with 11 players. He knew the bench was useless so avoided using it the entire post covid run and tonight. Fosu mensah, mata, James. Bringing them on any earlier would have just made matters worse. 

Signings need to be made. Only then can we judge ole properly but he has done far more with a limited squad than Jose did. 

4 hours ago, Kierans91 said:

In the fa cup semi you could see the team was tired from the constant short turn arounds, we had 3 days they had 5, what people forget is we played Chelsea 3 previous times this season and comprehensively beat them, frank had to prove his worth.

and all that the league was still the priority which we succeed in.

i am convinced we should put in a bid for David brooks, he’s young, didn’t look after coming back from injury after the lockdown, but what he showed the previous season is he has what it takes to be at the very least a rotation player for a top club and I don’t think he would cost an arm and a leg with no English Tax.

lindlof needs to be replaced, pick a good young fast defender.

people complaining about rashford have never had a back injury, Rio never fully recovered from his back injury, he just had to adapt to it, probably by building up the muscles in his back, which rashford is probably doing right now and that will take time to build safely, and it was probably made harder with the lockdown as he wouldn’t of had normal access to fitness coaches, so it will take longer for him to get properly fit and have confidence in his back.