Rahul W's rating predictions

Update on the Lewandowski transfer saga, 4th and final bid has gone in but it’s purely a bid of desperation.

Raised a ticket with SM and got this response so I’m going to guess that the manager I’m dealing with is a bit of a problem manager.

E200F388-5A84-43E7-B4B3-907DFBF87359.thumb.png.799c240183bf242c15de8b9b19a8bdb3.png

1 hour ago, Milanista1 said:

Kierans91 I reckon this would be too much of a recongnisition for David Silva. No doubt he's been great for City but he was no George Best! Let's not forget Vincent Kompany (eh Thorgan) and S. Augero as well. They should maybe make a drink after him and call it  Silvasky or something. 😀

I think there’s talk of a Kompany statue, in all honesty I think City are trying to manufacture a bit of history by erecting these statues.

Give this a read Milanista, Paul Ince knows his stuff 😂

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8638351/amp/Paul-Ince-ridiculed-naming-Arsenal-legends-statues-pair-them.html

• Replies 30.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sir Rahul

• Kieran_S91

• Milanista1

• Soccahappy

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi all, As you have seen, I have not really been active over the past few months other than updating my preds. It's just been me phasing out of the forum. Now that the reviews are done, I can say

Just noticed this thread has crossed 1 million views, 23k odd replies, 930 pages.  I know this is 3 and a half years old but I never intended for this to monopolise the forum back then (I would h

Page 200- didn't think we'd get here when I started this casually- thanks all

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Kierans91 said:

I wouldn’t say he’s a must buy, put him on your shortlist and see how he develops this season 🙂

I ask as a new manager has come into the world and has put a bid in for him, so I put in a bid and he has withdrawn his probably minumim value bid and put a new increased bid in. £1m for a 78 seems a bit high so I thought he might be a good un

My current goalkeeper is Handanovic but I also need a backup winger for Salah and Gnabry as I only have Aspas. 

Given this information, should I sign Courtois or Havertz? I can only buy one right now. (Courtois as my starting GK and Havertz as backup winger)

My dilemma here is that Handanovic is 36 but just reached UEL final with Inter so maybe I can hold on to him for one more season? In that case I should by Havertz first. Any thoughts?

24 minutes ago, Id rather be in SW19 said:

I ask as a new manager has come into the world and has put a bid in for him, so I put in a bid and he has withdrawn his probably minumim value bid and put a new increased bid in. £1m for a 78 seems a bit high so I thought he might be a good un

Yeah SM do love to inflate prices

20 minutes ago, daproz said:

My current goalkeeper is Handanovic but I also need a backup winger for Salah and Gnabry as I only have Aspas. 

Given this information, should I sign Courtois or Havertz? I can only buy one right now. (Courtois as my starting GK and Havertz as backup winger)

My dilemma here is that Handanovic is 36 but just reached UEL final with Inter so maybe I can hold on to him for one more season? In that case I should by Havertz first. Any thoughts?

Havertz,

Goalkeepers can go for a lot longer than outfield players IRL so I wouldn’t be too put off by his age.

Handanovic will probably be 90+ for as long as he is at Inter, I think he’s a decent keeper so I wouldn’t know why Inter would swap him at this moment in time.

Havertz probably a 94+ in future as well.

1 minute ago, The punch said:

SM how did i lose???

piiiiiiiiiiiiii.png

This has been happening to me more and more often these days 🤮

2 hours ago, Kierans91 said:

Update on the Lewandowski transfer saga, 4th and final bid has gone in but it’s purely a bid of desperation.

Raised a ticket with SM and got this response so I’m going to guess that the manager I’m dealing with is a bit of a problem manager.

E200F388-5A84-43E7-B4B3-907DFBF87359.thumb.png.799c240183bf242c15de8b9b19a8bdb3.png

@Kierans91 I had a similar problem a few months back, offered chairmans maximum & kept on getting blocked, dropped it down by about 5 or 6m & then the deal finally went through. 

think its more down to the deal being too heavily weighed towards one of the clubs as it states in SM's response, which is stupid really as what's the point in having the option of a chairman's maximum if you can't use it.

4 hours ago, Kierans91 said:

Agent Jorge Mendes looking to place Angers left back Rayan Ait-Nouri in the EPL this summer.

1166F0E2-00EC-4124-9B7C-5CF37CEF4AB7.thumb.png.ab348674dec5cb9a293a2b41fc16c5ee.png

Leicester are interested along with Wolves who have had a lot of dealings with Mendes over the past few years.

I decided to sell Boadu instead of Ait-Nouri (I asked here some days ago), I hope I did the right thing, this guy seems like a very promising LB.

Alexis Sanchez seems to be an improved player away from Old Trafford.  Is he worth a gamble in a CGW?  His 90 seems safe, but I'm looking for players with a chance to rise. 

With some of these players it's hard to shake the memories of their glory years.  And he was good.  I suppose that's what actual managers must reckon with as well: recognizing the player they've become v. the player they were (and likely will never be close to again).  Sanchez just disappeared at Man U, and truth be told he was declining already at Arsenal. 

I think I just talked myself out of the gamble. 

10 hours ago, ahatter1 said:

Woke up this morning to the forum's new format.

My only question is why is half a screen of text better than a full screen ? What is the added value of half a screen of pure black? (OK, that's two questions .... )

Signed "Grumpy as hell, but hopefully it will get better the more coffee I drink"

11 hours ago, Soccahappy said:

If u remember Sir Rahul was told by SM that improvements were coming and I did comment at the time  "every time they improve things - things go downhill" or words to that effect. So no more improvements please 😀

9 hours ago, topofthebilly said:

Same here . I got different monitors and no matter how wide the screen is , the forumposts are ridiculously narrow . I never seen a forum this small and I have to say it does not read well . The thing on top showing how old the topic is is just useless info to me anyway .

8 hours ago, Soccahappy said:

Not as good is it? There U go SM "improving things".  They probably need the room on RH side for Adverts.

8 hours ago, Kierans91 said:

Seems like we are all having different issues.

The forum fits perfectly in my screen but I can’t get on to my notifications 😂

SM bring the pre update forum back!!!!!!! 😢

8 hours ago, brocky64 said:

Understand that it's best to keep this up to date to make it secure, but maybe could have done with a test before rolling it out live...

I'd hope there's some settings in the forum administration which allows some level of customisation. Most prevalent for desktop users (as mentioned) is the width of the main column of content. The sidebar on the right seems pretty superfluous so being able to remove that would improve the layout in my opinion.

8 hours ago, Kierans91 said:

1000%, not feeling too confident about their updates to the game in future if they don’t test things beforehand.

Although I think it’s a separate entity to SM that update the forum.

5 hours ago, crvena_zvezda said:

The forum update.

source.gif

Just want to point out again that the forum update is NOT an update by SM. It was an update by Invision who run the forum software. These updates happen a few times a year, but I've never seen one cause problems like this before.

I'll try to go through the admin control panel and see what I can do to fix any issues people are having, but this is an entirely separate update to any that will be happening with the game, and really is not in SMs hands. 

9 hours ago, topofthebilly said:

Same here . I got different monitors and no matter how wide the screen is , the forumposts are ridiculously narrow . I never seen a forum this small and I have to say it does not read well . The thing on top showing how old the topic is is just useless info to me anyway .

Hey guys another question : I got a notification saying that one of more of my players have concerns . So I go check on the reports tab ... nothing .
I have refreshed everything , I see no one who has concerns . I checked my whole team , every player 1 by 1 (i have more than 100 players) , and NONE have concerns . So what's up with this message saying some of my players have concerns ??

It means your last player (s) got over their concerns.  Maybe a player on loan?

Well, I don't want to speak to soon, but I haven't been logged out since the forum update, so... it might turn to be the greatest SM update ever!  :D

To celebrate this, I did my predictions for 4 more Serie A teams. Cheers! :)

Sassuolo:

Defrel    88 to 87   -1
Caputo    87 to 88   +1
Locatelli    87 to 88   +1
Boga    86 to 87   +1
Kyriakopoulos    80 to 84   +4
Muldur    82 to 83   +1
Raspadori    75 to 77   +2
Turati    73 to 75   +2

Napoli:

Koulibaly    94 to 93   -1
Allan    92 to 91   -1
Ghoulam    90 to 88   -2
Malcuit    88 to 87   -1
Di Lorenzo    88 to 89   +1
Meret    88 to 89   +1
Ospina    88 to 89   +1
Elmas    86 to 87   +1
Luperto    83 to 85   +2

Milan:

Donnarumma    91 to 92   +1
Calhanoglu    90 to 91   +1
Kessie    90 to 91   +1
Laxalt    89 to 88   -1
Bennacer    88 to 89   +1
Biglia    88 to 87   -1
Hernandez    88 to 90   +2
Conti    87 to 88   +1
Leão    86 to 87   +1
Saelemaekers    83 to 85   +2
Gabbia    78 to 82   +4

Roma:

Perotti    89 to 88   -1
Pastore    89 to 88   -1
Veretout    89 to 90   +1
Mancini    89 to 90   +1
Pau Lopez    89 to 90   +1
Juan Jesus    88 to 87   -1
Kluivert    87 to 88   +1
Carles Perez    82 to 85   +3
Ibañez    80 to 83   +3

1 hour ago, jlammy said:

I'm seeing about four words per line in this new forum format.

What is this, a newspaper column?

I'm on PC Firefox and it seems weird when I click reply, I must attach something? Now, I had to click "Quote" someone just to type something to reply, lol, not sure if it's only me.

What SM really needs is an IN-GAME Forum so people in the same gameworld can discuss actively, if possible, make it linked and shown in this website forum readily.

The newsfeed in game is quite bad, and people don't usually share, it'll disappear after some transfer news too.

Anyway back to football, some people might not like PSG arrogance despite their hardwork. Maybe people don't quite like Neymar??? It's time to call for powerhouse Bayern!

All very strange. I was offline for 12 hours, and when I got back all my notifications were there, not disappearing like others have said. I can see my profile fine... basically everything is working as normal for me (laptop using Opera browser), so I'm a bit puzzled!

Things are a bit narrow though which isn't good for Socca's spreadsheets. 

Let's get this thread back to what it should be. I've started a new thread about possible problems with the forum update. If you have any problems, please read the first post in this thread, and then list any problems or bugs in the comments. It's easier to keep track of everything that way.

6 hours ago, carlo123 said:

@Kierans91 I had a similar problem a few months back, offered chairmans maximum & kept on getting blocked, dropped it down by about 5 or 6m & then the deal finally went through. 

think its more down to the deal being too heavily weighed towards one of the clubs as it states in SM's response, which is stupid really as what's the point in having the option of a chairman's maximum if you can't use it.

How stupid haha, I’ve just spent 120 million on Mbappe but can’t spend 47 on Lewandowski 😂

5 hours ago, Mike0007 said:

Guys, will there be a review separately for the teams who participated in Europa and UCL? If so, is it only for the finalists or how is it done?

Also, after today’s match, I reckon any hopes for Sabitzer’s +1 is squashed?

Any chance for Di Maria +1?

No I don’t think Di Maria will rise.

5 hours ago, Jaachinma said:

What is the % of a -1 for Otamendi?

80% he’s had a fair amount of game time but he’s probably one of the worst defenders in the Premier league, always seems to find himself square on giving himself no option but to foul his opponent half of the time.

5 hours ago, Big nasty said:

Opportunity to sign either Dani Olmo or Odegaard

Olmo 2x players or Odegaard 3x

Who is everyone going for?

Olmo

3 hours ago, JBS said:

Alexis Sanchez seems to be an improved player away from Old Trafford.  Is he worth a gamble in a CGW?  His 90 seems safe, but I'm looking for players with a chance to rise. 

With some of these players it's hard to shake the memories of their glory years.  And he was good.  I suppose that's what actual managers must reckon with as well: recognizing the player they've become v. the player they were (and likely will never be close to again).  Sanchez just disappeared at Man U, and truth be told he was declining already at Arsenal. 

I think I just talked myself out of the gamble. 

His rating should be safe for a while I think, but I don’t see him rising anytime soon:

3 hours ago, jaybee said:

Since the forum update I can't seem to see my profile or notifications. I think it looks more modern though and slicker.

Yeah I’m having this problem Jaybee, the only way I can get on my profile is if I click on my name on one of the posts on this thread.

I just had 4 notifications in which 4 people quoted me but it only mentioned that Kev quoted me so I had to scroll through a couple of pages on this thread to see who else has quoted me. Joke!

2 hours ago, jlammy said:

I'm seeing about four words per line in this new forum format.

What is this, a newspaper column?

Update 💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩