Rahul W's rating predictions

CONFIRMED: Jose Mourinho learnt all he knew from Football Manager ūüėā

936A032F-E6A3-4BEA-B9C1-335288B09522.thumb.png.b1d74d1783aadcf737512d9bdc4ad5cf.png

Twitter post...Bottom right icon on his desktop (Football Manager 20)

1 hour ago, Soccahappy said:

Think it may have been mine Kieran

Correct! I‚Äôm out of likes ūüôĀ

1 hour ago, topofthebilly said:

Guys ,

I have a 88 central defender . should i upgrade him to kimpembe (91)

OR

I have a 88 goalkeeper , should i upgrade him to neuer (94) .

They are both the same budget (20M) , but what would make most impact for my team ? Can only buy one .

Page 1108 about goalkeepers, was Socca‚Äôs post ūüôā

• Replies 31.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sir Rahul

• Kieran_S91

• Milanista1

• Soccahappy

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi all, As you have seen, I have not really been active over the past few months other than updating my preds. It's just been me phasing out of the forum. Now that the reviews are done, I can say

Just noticed this thread has crossed 1 million views, 23k odd replies, 930 pages.  I know this is 3 and a half years old but I never intended for this to monopolise the forum back then (I would h

Page 200- didn't think we'd get here when I started this casually- thanks all

Posted Images

I read page 1108 regarding the keepers , but my overall rating of the team will be boosted quite a bit by using a 94 goalkeeper Instead of a 88 though ?

On page 1108 it was said that a 80 or 90 keeper makes no difference IF the overall rating of the team is the same . Keeper counts towards team rating too . So if keeper has a higher rating , overall team rating improves automatically too .

or am i not looking at it correctly .

Hi all,

Thanks v much for all the responses on Ferland Mendy or Lodi. Pretty unanimous, even though I've had Lodi from a lowly 82 and watched his rise. Was hoping to hold on and see if he goes higher...but ah well. Chance of a nice profit now. 

I've got a couple of interesting offers, for people's thoughts please, so for my Lodi:

1) Elvedi + £10m (Elvedi would be the same as my current RB Bellerin). So what does Elvedi vs Bellerin look like?

2) Mandragora (don't know much about him) + Tyler Adams + £23m!

3) Straight swap for Brandt - from what I've seen on the posts, he looks good for 91, but won't go much higher or lower for a while.  Brandt would be the same as some of my midfielders so could get in team.

What do people think?

Offer 2 feels the best from pure current value (plus Adams potential, and poss Mandragora), but I'm not desperate for cash, at all.

Sorry if that feels a lot!!

I read page 1108 regarding the keepers , but my overall rating of the team will be boosted quite a bit by using a 94 goalkeeper Instead of a 88 though ?

On page 1108 it was said that a 80 or 90 keeper makes no difference IF the overall rating of the team is the same . Keeper counts towards team rating too . So if keeper has a higher rating , overall team rating improves automatically too .

Ahh topothebilly But I am of the persuasion that there is an overall rating BUT also a rating for each of defence, attack and midfield because different formations have different requirements.

Although it's a balancing act, IF u play 424 your strength needs to be in Attack. 352 in Midfield etc etc. I started playing 352 for a number of years and latter years with 424 mostly with a forward line of Messi and Ronaldo on the wings and playing down both flanks. In 11years  appxI have  been quite successful:-

(Custom and Standard Game World Honours (359 trophies won)¬†ūüėÄ

I tried to copy in from my profile showing 359 Trophies won But tho I can see it as I type it disappears when I save the post.

From what i have seen, yes and no.  The ME that SM has set up means that Keepers can be highly rated and let in 1 of 1 SOG or 2 of 2 SOG.  This can happen when your team is much better in average rating, much better with the in match stats, but still loses 1-2 as you can't beat their much lower rated keeper.

It almost seems like the momentum builds, their poor keep stops a few shots and gains in confidence.  While your keep is busy trying to keep his tan balanced... until he is picking the ball out of the back of the net.

I have seen IA keepers be in the top 10 highest average rated players while playing for a poor team with a poor record.  I have had an 88 (now 89, Meret) keeper in a couple of my teams.  No different than when i have Ederson (whom i have in a few teams).  I've gone out of my way to sell Ederson and get a lower rated keeper.  Why waste the money?

3 hours ago, topofthebilly said:

You are reading it correctly.

Either way I would still pick Kimpembe to be honest, he’s got much longer at the highest level whereas I think Neuer has a couple of seasons then Nubel will probably takeover.

3 hours ago, RieceM96 said:

I have 5 players  shortlisted

Need to pick 3 

Screenshot_20200831-220422.png

Evanilson, Sesko, Friedl.

2 hours ago, MattE said:

Hi all,

Thanks v much for all the responses on Ferland Mendy or Lodi. Pretty unanimous, even though I've had Lodi from a lowly 82 and watched his rise. Was hoping to hold on and see if he goes higher...but ah well. Chance of a nice profit now. 

I've got a couple of interesting offers, for people's thoughts please, so for my Lodi:

1) Elvedi + £10m (Elvedi would be the same as my current RB Bellerin). So what does Elvedi vs Bellerin look like?

3) Straight swap for Brandt - from what I've seen on the posts, he looks good for 91, but won't go much higher or lower for a while.  Brandt would be the same as some of my midfielders so could get in team.

What do people think?

Offer 2 feels the best from pure current value (plus Adams potential, and poss Mandragora), but I'm not desperate for cash, at all.

Elvedi for me, very versatile so would be good cover for every position across the back line.

4 hours ago, MattE said:

Hi all,

What do people think?

i'd go for brandt, younger and better rated.

Hi mates! Here is my last batch of Premier League predictions. Consistency and reliability haven't been SM main qualities for these last few days of review (nor at any other time in recent years), so this might look like a pointless effort. Still, at least it is a nice starting point for exchanging ideas! Cheers :D

Chelsea:

Kante    94 to 93   -1
Giroud    90 to 89   -1
Tammy Abraham    89 to 90   +1
Batshuayi    89 to 88   -1
Zouma    89 to 90   +1
Mount    88 to 90   +2
Reece James    85 to 87   +2
Tomori    87 to 88   +1
Gilmour    78 to 80   +2
Guehi    76 to 78   +2

Manchester Utd:

Bruno Fernandes    91 to 92   +1
Martial    90 to 91   +1
Wan-Bissaka    89 to 90   +1
Bailly    89 to 88   -1
Phil Jones    88 to 87   -1
Daniel James    87 to 88   +1
Greenwood    83 to 87   +4
Brandon Williams    82 to 85   +3
Andreas Pereira    86 to 87   +1
Garner    76 to 78   +2
Angel Gomes    75 to 78   +3
Laird    70 to 73   +3

Manchester City:

Rodri    91 to 92   +1
Zinchenko    89 to 90   +1
Foden    85 to 87   +2
Eric Garcia    82 to 85   +3
Angeli√Īo¬†¬† ¬†87 to 88¬† ¬†+1
Harwood-Bellis    76 to 78   +2
Doyle    73 to 76   +3

Liverpool:

Alexander-Arnold    92 to 93   +1
Shaqiri    90 to 89   -1
Oxlade-Chamberlain    90 to 91   +1
Gomez    90 to 91   +1
Neco Williams    75 to 78   +3
Curtis Jones    76 to 78   +2
Elliott    76 to 78   +2
Kelleher    76 to 78   +2
Hoever    73 to 76   +3
Larouci    73 to 76   +3
Clarkson    65 to 73   +8

12 hours ago, Nameless said:

Did anybody notice that if you put soft tackling you end up with more yellow cards and give away more fouls?

Haven't noticed hmm

8 hours ago, topofthebilly said:

Guys ,

OR

They are both the same budget (20M) , but what would make most impact for my team ? Can only buy one .

I'd get Neuer 

Who's the 88 CB and GK tho?

6 hours ago, RieceM96 said:

I have 5 players  shortlisted

Need to pick 3 

Screenshot_20200831-220422.png

Not too sure mate

6 hours ago, MattE said:

Hi all,

What do people think?

Elvedi > Bellerin personally, but both are unlikely to rise above 90 for now

So I'd do Brandt

3 hours ago, Hrodulf said:

Options for a backup DR in a competitive world (can’t buy from unmanaged):  Atal or Almemy Toure?

Toure is a FA, so only 60% of the Atal cost   

If finance is a concern then Almamy

10 hours ago, topofthebilly said:

Guys ,

OR

Will not be able to buy any of them it seems . Apparently the managers who managed their team poorly received some 50M injections .
While I received 00000.0 

Can't compete .

5 hours ago, Hrodulf said:

Options for a backup DR in a competitive world (can’t buy from unmanaged):  Atal or Almemy Toure?

Toure is a FA, so only 60% of the Atal cost   

Atal

3 hours ago, gyanthecat said:

Hi mates! Here is my last batch of Premier League predictions. Consistency and reliability haven't been SM main qualities for these last few days of review (nor at any other time in recent years), so this might look like a pointless effort. Still, at least it is a nice starting point for exchanging ideas! Cheers :D

Chelsea:

Kante    94 to 93   -1
Giroud    90 to 89   -1
Tammy Abraham    89 to 90   +1
Batshuayi    89 to 88   -1
Zouma    89 to 90   +1
Mount    88 to 90   +2
Reece James    85 to 87   +2
Tomori    87 to 88   +1
Gilmour    78 to 80   +2
Guehi    76 to 78   +2

Manchester Utd:

Bruno Fernandes    91 to 92   +1
Martial    90 to 91   +1
Wan-Bissaka    89 to 90   +1
Bailly    89 to 88   -1
Phil Jones    88 to 87   -1
Daniel James    87 to 88   +1
Greenwood    83 to 87   +4
Brandon Williams    82 to 85   +3
Andreas Pereira    86 to 87   +1
Garner    76 to 78   +2
Angel Gomes    75 to 78   +3
Laird    70 to 73   +3

Manchester City:

Rodri    91 to 92   +1
Zinchenko    89 to 90   +1
Foden    85 to 87   +2
Eric Garcia    82 to 85   +3
Angeli√Īo¬†¬† ¬†87 to 88¬† ¬†+1
Harwood-Bellis    76 to 78   +2
Doyle    73 to 76   +3

Liverpool:

Alexander-Arnold    92 to 93   +1
Shaqiri    90 to 89   -1
Oxlade-Chamberlain    90 to 91   +1
Gomez    90 to 91   +1
Neco Williams    75 to 78   +3
Curtis Jones    76 to 78   +2
Elliott    76 to 78   +2
Kelleher    76 to 78   +2
Hoever    73 to 76   +3
Larouci    73 to 76   +3
Clarkson    65 to 73   +8

No rise for Hendo?

Guys..

My player Schurrle retired so I was supposed to get double his value as compensation for the new season.. but I only got slightly over his CV, I didn't even get any message about it on the feed. The money was just added, is this a bug by SM or what?..

Really disappointed :(

On 8/25/2020 at 3:23 AM, Kierans91 said:

Thought I would try my hand at predictions (with a twist) for my home country which is England and more importantly the EPL.

Ive compiled a starting 11 of players which I believe will have success in 20/21 and should also be in for a decent rise in this upcoming review.

This team will consist of many well known players but would be served as a good tool for managers in low divisions in less competitive GW’s.

This 11 should be useful for anyone with a 25-30 million budget.

8D626AA5-73BB-4C97-A776-FEAF34A71B73.jpeg.00dfa8af468abec658e30ef0db33cc7c.jpeg

Opinions welcome, would people find this useful for other leagues? the idea is for managers to be able to buy everyone in the 11 and quickly form a competitive team.

Might be more useful for less well know leagues.

Hamza Choudhury - 83 -> 85 as predicted

James Justin only +1 which is very harsh in my opinion, played every minute since the restart 10 games (900 minutes)

On 10/25/2016 at 12:12 PM, Sir Rahul said:

ENGLAND PREMIER LEAGUE

Chelsea:

James +2 to 87- yes

Zappacosta -1 to 87- yes

Abdul Rahman Baba -1 to 85- yes 

Gilmour +5 to 80- +3 to 78

Kante -1 to 93

Pulisic +1 to 91

Zouma +1 to 90

Abraham +1 to 90

Mount +1 to 89

Batshuayi -1 to 88

Caballero +1 to 86

Ampadu +2 to 82

Maatsen +3 to 70

Kepa -1 to 90

Alonso -1 to 89

Ziger +4 to 67

Leicester:

Barnes +1 to 88- yes

Choudhury +2 to 85- yes

Justin +3 to 85- +1 to 83

Perez +1 to 90

King -1 to 82

Sowah +2 to 78

Iversen +2 to 78

Thomas +3 to 76

Dewsbury-Hall +3 to 73

Tottenham:

Vertonghen -1 to 91- yes

Tanganga +5 to 83- +2 to 80

Aurier +1 to 90- nope

Winks +1 to 90- nope

Gazzaniga +2 to 87- nope

Sessegnon +1 to 86- nope

Skipp +2 to 80- nope

Hojbjerg -1 to 89

Rose -1 to 88

Roles +3 to 73 

Chelsea defensive players done today

7 minutes ago, Vib said:

Guys..

My player Schurrle retired so I was supposed to get double his value as compensation for the new season.. but I only got slightly over his CV, I didn't even get any message about it on the feed. The money was just added, is this a bug by SM or what?..

Really disappointed :(

Not sure mate

1 hour ago, The punch said:

ok ok wolves spurs finished, chelsea started, so Matt DOHERTY stay, one of the best RB in the league how the hell is he not getting up? but digne 91?? 

sm i hate you so much

I think there is still a chance Doherty gets his rise. He is still a Wolves player in SM, so they might update his rating when he is a Spurs player

5 minutes ago, olivier 1 said:

I think there is still a chance Doherty gets his rise. He is still a Wolves player in SM, so they might update his rating when he is a Spurs player

They seem to have flown through teams the last couple of days and are now on to Chelsea.

5 minutes ago, gAv Gav said:

Melo Arthur or Frenkie De Jong?

De Jong

Question. Should Martial be a +2 instead of a +1?

Comparing Martial [23 goals, 6 assists, average rating 7.29] with some 92 rated strikers:

1) vs Lautaro Martinez: 21 goals, 4 assists, average rating 7.06
2) vs Timo Werner: 34 goals, 10 assists, average rating 7.51
3) vs Gabriel Jesus: 23 goals, 10 assists, average rating 7.36

I do not own Martial in any of my teams but I feel he deserves a 92 given the season he just had.