Rahul W's rating predictions

11 hours ago, jaybee said:

Out of interest, what do you all regard to be a must buy? I see it asked often in here but surely it depends on type of game world you play in. Some are capped in terms of rating or squad cap and have different guidelines.

If you are doing a "TOP YOUNG TALENTS" thread I think there are so many that most managers could only buy a few, maybe a dozen? So it would be very helpful to get a view of the very best with great potential Example Camavinga.

I think Thorgan Lesar was brilliant when he did a list of Belgian Talent and put them in order from 50 down to No: 1 . Check out TL's thread.

7 hours ago, JBS said:

Grealish or Laimer

Grealish Is so confident in his own abilities and I see a great future for him. Very Flamboyant!

5 hours ago, Hrodulf said:

I am City and have 1/2 their squad including KdB and Sterling.  A good team but not top 4.  Should I trade KdB for Bruno and Greenwood?  Bruno and Martial?  Get younger and be better in 2 years?

I have always had the view that if I get a Top Talent I hold on to him. I counter tempting offers like Bruno and Greenwood with lesser players plus cash. I don't let my top players leave - NEVER! 

I could have lost Messi and Ronaldo and Neymar and I still have them even tho some are getting old now. I have won many Trophies with Ronaldo and Messi or Neymar down the flanks. 

56 minutes ago, RieceM96 said:

Ryan Reynolds in take over bid for Wrexham

He's not Welsh (Canadian) but maybe it's in his "family tree". His partner in the venture is American so I wonder why Wrexham?

Wrexham are owned by Fans, maybe that was the attraction? 

Edited by Soccahappy
(Canadian)
  • Replies 32.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sir Rahul

• Kieran_S91

• Milanista1

• Soccahappy

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi all, As you have seen, I have not really been active over the past few months other than updating my preds. It's just been me phasing out of the forum. Now that the reviews are done, I can say

Just noticed this thread has crossed 1 million views, 23k odd replies, 930 pages.  I know this is 3 and a half years old but I never intended for this to monopolise the forum back then (I would h

Page 200- didn't think we'd get here when I started this casually- thanks all

Posted Images

25 minutes ago, Marek said:

Eric Garcia + Reinier + Ferland Mendy OR De Ligt?

Same offer + Myron Boadu OR De Ligt?

Very competitive gameworld, I have the 4 players and my starter LB is Robertson.

I prefer the youth side personally. I think De Ligt is a good CB of course but you have so much potential on the other side that if you waited another season you could be using them in bigger deals without losing all at once.

De Ligt isn’t moving past 92 anytime soon whereas Garcia will move to 87/88 soon Reinier will be a guaranteed 90+ player soon enough and Ferland Mendy will be first choice at Madrid and likely to rise to 92 or higher depending on their season.

You would be massively overpaying so keep what you have!

23 minutes ago, Marek said:

Very competitive gameworld, I have the 4 players and my starter LB is Robertson.

I would do Garcia, Reinier + Mendy if you are desperate for a top CB in De Ligt. You have Robertson so you don’t need Mendy.

De Ligt is still improving but already a very good defender whereas Garcia for me will find it difficult at City. Barcelona might be a good move for him though.

57 minutes ago, RieceM96 said:

Ryan Reynolds in take over bid for Wrexham

Wrexham get 4/5k plus fans to their games so it might actually be a decent investment.

Bit of an odd time do make the approach though with covid and no fans 😂

———————————

Milan interested one Hauge after last nights game!

https://sempremilan.com/sm-milan-intend-to-submit-offer-for-bodo-glimt-star-hauge-talks-held-with-agent/amp?__twitter_impression=true

19 hours ago, Nameless said:

"The development team have advised that informations about Worlds will be released before the end of the month including a timeline of the improvements to be worked on" 

From what I understood from this is the update may have been delayed and may not happen this month? 

No clue mate

17 hours ago, Soccahappy said:

Diego Llorente to Leeds United - Yipeee! we needed a CB

https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/leeds-united/breaking-diego-llorente-leeds-transfer-18990706

No more 4-3's please

Nice deal

7 hours ago, JBS said:

Grealish or Laimer

Laimer

5 hours ago, Hrodulf said:

I am City and have 1/2 their squad including KdB and Sterling.  A good team but not top 4.  Should I trade KdB for Bruno and Greenwood?  Bruno and Martial?  Get younger and be better in 2 years?

I prefer KDB, he is 96 

4 hours ago, TCLVikerz said:

How many times usually the 2nd division of top 5 league reviewed per year? And how about on loan players from the div 1 team?.

My team has very little cash and thinking about selling Brazao (loan to Real Oviedo from Inter) and Seba Esposito (loan to SPAL from Inter) to buy some Russian players for nice plusvalenza.

It's season 1 GW, so i think everyone scrapping money and I don't see any youth hoarding manager. Only bought the very potential ones like Camavinga etc.

Once a year usually but players also get reviewed with the parent club (like Brazao with Inter too).

2 hours ago, topofthebilly said:

I am thinking Ukraine after Russia .

Hmm

32 minutes ago, Marek said:

Might do the trio if you really want de Ligt

On 9/27/2019 at 6:28 PM, thorgan lesar said:

31 minutes ago, Soccahappy said:

If you are doing a "TOP YOUNG TALENTS" thread I think there are so many that most managers could only buy a few, maybe a dozen? So it would be very helpful to get a view of the very best with great potential Example Camavinga.

I think Thorgan Lesar was brilliant when he did a list of Belgian Talent and put them in order from 50 down to No: 1 . Check out TL's thread.

Grealish Is so confident in his own abilities and I see a great future for him. Very Flamboyant!

I have always had the view that if I get a Top Talent I hold on to him. I counter tempting offers like Bruno and Greenwood with lesser players plus cash. I don't let my top players leave - NEVER! 

I could have lost Messi and Ronaldo and Neymar and I still have them even tho some are getting old now. I have won many Trophies with Ronaldo and Messi or Neymar down the flanks. 

He's not Welsh (Canadian) but maybe it's in his "family tree". His partner in the venture is American so I wonder why Wrexham?

Wrexham are owned by Fans, maybe that was the attraction? 

Made a Top 100 2 months ago on worldwide talent. Now 2 months later you can see I miss some great talents like Gabriel Menino and Marcos Antonio. But there is something like that. 

Maybe a new TOP 50 in Belgium with these talents, but that's after I've made the "position by position-list" . I need to do Central Midfielders, attacking midfielders, left wingers, right wingers and Central attackers. 

Still a lot to come.

1 hour ago, Soccahappy said:

See Below

Important SWIKI Update TODAY:

The Big news is I think It's Ukraine as well.

I'd like TMC & anybody else to look again at about 20 edits for Dynamo Kyiy and a similar number if not more for Shaktar Donetzk. It is so late, how could SM do work on these main clubs without reviewing them as well?? It would be stupid of them. well we'll see tomorrow if they continue.

Others done today Russia: Ufa 14th, Khimky 15th, Rotor Volgograd 16th and bottom club. So starting at the top and finishing at the bottom is the first time I have seen SM do it this way. Suppose that is ammunition to TMC's view but again why would SM touch these clubs and not review them when so very, very far behind??

Others views please, but I am firmly of the view it must be a Ratings Review even tho "Upside Down".

Ps Oh and Guingamp & Troyes had about 40 edits between them today too.

Well, I can see a pattern in this. 2.Budesliga was the last league reviewed with the old method.

There is an ongoing "Upside Down" Segunda Liga review, at the  minute. A weird one, missing a lot of players, while doing 4-5 teams in a day, but still a review.

Also, it looks like they might do the same with the Championship (4 teams reviewed today, in random order). And they will probably do the same with Serie B and Ligue 2 (see Guingamp and Troyes), hence reviewing all the second tiers of the main leagues in a few weeks.

Same way, they might review Russia (and probably Ukraine) in a short time, top to bottom.

Although I reckon the importance of speeding up the reviews, I personally don't like the upside down method. It doesn't give you time to plan your next moves, because the biggest hits are shot first.

This might be the new normal and, even though I hope not, we may have to get used to it.

11 minutes ago, gyanthecat said:

Well, I can see a pattern in this. 2.Budesliga was the last league reviewed with the old method.

There is an ongoing "Upside Down" Segunda Liga review, at the  minute. A weird one, missing a lot of players, while doing 4-5 teams in a day, but still a review.

Also, it looks like they might do the same with the Championship (4 teams reviewed today, in random order). And they will probably do the same with Serie B and Ligue 2 (see Guingamp and Troyes), hence reviewing all the second tiers of the main leagues in a few weeks.

Same way, they might review Russia (and probably Ukraine) in a short time, top to bottom.

Although I reckon the importance of speeding up the reviews, I personally don't like the upside down method. It doesn't give you time to plan your next moves, because the biggest hits are shot first.

This might be the new normal and, even though I hope not, we may have to get used to it.

I personally don’t mind this for the second divisions (Serie B, Championship etc) but I’m hoping it goes back to normal when they review the big leagues in the winter though.

Wishful thinking maybe.

11 minutes ago, gyanthecat said:

YES Gyan  this is exactly my view and typical of SM, making it harder, Ok! We Will See...

7 hours ago, Hrodulf said:

trade !! in 2 years KdB will be 31 years old and will start to decline, bruno will surely have 94, martial 93/94 and greenwood 91/92 maybe the new mbappe english. 

at 29/30 years it's time to sell

2 minutes ago, The punch said:

trade !! in 2 years KdB will be 31 years old and will start to decline, bruno will surely have 94, martial 93/94 and greenwood 91/92 maybe the new mbappe english. 

at 29/30 years it's time to sell

Watch your "Punch" Mister us oldies can still motor!

Seriously, Ramos is still playing great in SM as well as Ronaldo, Messi Et al.

Et al is the best one of the lot too 😉😜

2 minutes ago, Soccahappy said:

Watch your "Punch" Mister us oldies can still motor!

Seriously, Ramos is still playing great in SM as well as Ronaldo, Messi Et al.

Et al is the best one of the lot too 😉😜

they are exceptions, and vidic iniesta xavi ribery robben etc ? all declined at 31/32 years.. (personally I would sell ramos now for de light or upamecano) so no need to stack neymar messi kdb ronaldo ramos etc to win titles, it's boring

I had sold zlatan 31 years against hazard 22 years😂

mbappe + sancho 2 years ago for ronaldo

30+ years it's time to sell

1 minute ago, The punch said:

they are exceptions, and vidic iniesta xavi ribery robben etc ? all declined at 31/32 years.. (personally I would sell ramos now for de light or upamecano) so no need to stack neymar messi kdb ronaldo ramos etc to win titles, it's boring

I had sold zlatan 31 years against hazard 22 years😂

mbappe + sancho 2 years ago for ronaldo

30+ years it's time to sell

Well if it works for u that's okay, mate BUT u might have bought ... Rabiot just as easily and Gyan confidently rates him Zero or was it 99? can't remember??? ... Gyan to my aide, please tell Punch it was zero!

3 hours ago, Soccahappy said:

See Below

Important SWIKI Update TODAY:

The Big news is I think It's Ukraine as well.

I'd like TMC & anybody else to look again at about 20 edits for Dynamo Kyiy and a similar number if not more for Shaktar Donetzk. It is so late, how could SM do work on these main clubs without reviewing them as well?? It would be stupid of them. well we'll see tomorrow if they continue.

Others done today Russia: Ufa 14th, Khimky 15th, Rotor Volgograd 16th and bottom club. So starting at the top and finishing at the bottom is the first time I have seen SM do it this way. Suppose that is ammunition to TMC's view but again why would SM touch these clubs and not review them when so very, very far behind??

Others views please, but I am firmly of the view it must be a Ratings Review even tho "Upside Down".

Ps Oh and Guingamp & Troyes had about 40 edits between them today too.

Problably deeper in Russia and Ukraine cause its been so long since the last review. But im just guessing....weird stuff happening or is it the new normal?

It's very early days but there's a few early signs of who's in for a big season in the Premier League so thought I'd do a few long range predictions on who's in for a nice rise over the season(assuming no injuries). Nothing comprehensive here, mostly just early observations:

Gabriel Magalhaes 87 - hit the ground running and will be one of the first names on the team sheet this year at Arsenal. Should hit 89/90 by the end of the season.

Eddie Nketiah 83 - Eddie is going to be a slow burner but he's a natural goalscorer so he's going to naturally get involved in a lot of Arsenals games. Realistically I think he will end up around 86 at the end of the year but he's a player who will be around the prem for many years to come.

Tariq Lamptey 82 - getting all the plaudits so far, would be in line for mid and end of season rises if he keeps it up and end up around 86/87.

Ben White 85 - A Rolls Royce at the back, will be adding millions to his price tag every game and by the end of the year will be 87/88 with the big clubs chasing him. Not long til England come calling.

Ezri Konsa 84 - established himself as a first choice centre half at Villa, with SM seemingly looking favourably at Villa has a solid chance of reaching 86/87 by the end of the season.

Kyle Walker-Peters 83 - despite a couple of losses Southampton are a steady prem team and as first choice should steadily rise and end up 86/87 by the end of the season.

Illan Meslier 82 - I wouldn't read too much into 7 conceded in 2 games. A confident young keeper with all the attributes to be a top one. Wouldn't be surprised if there's a costly error or 2 in his performances this year with the way Leeds play out from the back. Expect to hit 86 at the end of the year.

Eberechi Eze 85 - A couple of cameo roles so far but like Ben White was one of the top players in the Championship last year. Can see him being involved in every game and breaking into the starting 11 in the not so distant future and ending up 87 at the end of the season.

And a couple of wildcards...

Max Kilman 78 - whilst he didn't feature in Wolves 1st game I can see him getting more game time this year. At 400k he's a pretty much risk free investment, can see him making enough appearances to justify a nice rise to 82/83 this season.

Andre Anguissa 89 - Not expecting a rise here but just a note as he might be available in very competitive game world's and he's a very good player who I suspect will attract the attention of some bigger clubs over the season. Looks a different beast to the player we saw back in 2018 in the premier league so far.

14 minutes ago, Soccahappy said:

Right that's ok Gyan ... but don't tell Punch I told u to say it ... ok?

Remember Gyan act casual, don't let on ...(whisper) ..."I think Punch actually ... believes me" 😁

Don't worry, I will never let them know that you sent me a PM asking me to say that!

Also, the secret you told me is safe with me. That you are not the one filling in your spreadsheet, but you downloaded it from a hacker site in the dark web. They'll never know.

Ooooops, wrong place. Guys, don't believe me, what I wrote is fake news!

Edited by gyanthecat
Fake news
9 minutes ago, gyanthecat said:

Don't worry, I will never let them know that you sent me a PM asking me to say that!

Also, the secret you told me is safe with me. That you are not the one filling in your spreadsheet, but you downloaded it from a hacker site in the dark web. They'll never know.

Ooooops, wrong place. Guys, don't believe me, what I wrote is fake news!

Yes the dark web is very useful Professor Moriaty, my partner in crime... erh... oop sorry ... Gyan🥶

Edited by Soccahappy
I didn't I didn't it was Gyan! I mean Professor Moriaty who made me do it!
3 minutes ago, JBS said:

The Grealish/Laimer query resulted in two for each!  Laimer is younger and more versatile at a position I need flexibility (RB), but I think Grealish has a higher ceiling.  I guess it's a coin toss!

Thanks All

Laimer is a very good option for versatility so he could cover many positions for your team, I notice I didn’t give a reason for my Grealish answer.

I agree Grealish has a higher ceiling in my opinion although that might depend on how long he’s at Villa and the fact he’s signed a 5 year contract with them although that doesn’t count for much these days.

10 hours ago, Kieran_S91 said:

The one and only Zlatan 😂

FBBE92DE-3481-4E9D-8EC5-AE02FB4BF8DA.thumb.png.ff99ae787a5682390cabd7a35d9594b5.png

Zlatan doesn't get Co-vid. Co-vid gets Zlatan. 😀

7 hours ago, Marek said:

@Marek If you are decent going forward, have a good youth team already, and are weak at the back: then go for MDL. 

@ForzaVictoryyour great analysis (maybe) should be on on the recent PL thread - as you have mentioned quite a few young (lower-rated) players. 

4 hours ago, Kieran_S91 said:

This article on Edouard Mendy is worth a read. He was unemployed 6 years ago.

Just goes to show never give up on your dream.

https://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/from-unemployment-to-potential-chelsea-no1-the-rise-of/qtfz46nfjalxzry6vuzkyjiy

I hope he starts doing a bit better for me then. I've got him in a third division club and he's averaging below 6. Every keeper I sign struggles in this club though. Maybe it's something to do with the captains I choose. But the second-choice keeper is rated in the high 70s and he outperforms the keepers in their 80s that I keep signing. It's very annoying. :)

Good article though, and thanks for the chance to vent.