Jump to content

Rahul W's rating predictions


Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, Kieran_S91 said:

Not sure about Zirkzee and Nubel, I think Zirkzee has gone on loan and Bright Arrey-Mbi still hasn’t got a face on SM (don’t know if that will come up on the edits though)

As for Musiala I’ve noticed Thorgan’s thread that someone has got a +4 for 9 minutes of game time haha so for me Musiala deserves a rise 😂

A lot of youths have seen similar rises so I will stick my neck out and say:

Jamal Musiala - 73 -> 78.

Sorry Kieran forgot about the 5th from Bayern Malik Tillman as u see on SWIKI Report.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 36.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Sir Rahul

    3953

  • Kieran_S91

    3085

  • Soccahappy

    1550

  • Milanista1

    1303

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi all, As you have seen, I have not really been active over the past few months other than updating my preds. It's just been me phasing out of the forum. Now that the reviews are done, I can say

Just noticed this thread has crossed 1 million views, 23k odd replies, 930 pages.  I know this is 3 and a half years old but I never intended for this to monopolise the forum back then (I would h

Page 200- didn't think we'd get here when I started this casually- thanks all

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, jaybee said:

 

Hoarding hopefully not possible if squad caps come in. 

Well a squad cap is not the solution to this .
Squad caps combined with random rises turn the game into a gambling fest . This is completely the opposite of what a managing game should be for me .
As it should be about skill , not luck .

Completely my opinion of course .

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, jaybee said:

Cole Palmer of Manchester City now been added to database. I think it must have been yesterday. I never realised till today and have missed out on him in some competitive gameworlds 

City have soooo much talent in their youth academies

24 minutes ago, jaybee said:

 

Hoarding hopefully not possible if squad caps come in. 

If and when squad caps come in I would of thought it would only apply to new game worlds, would be a nightmare to navigate in existing game worlds.

I personally think random rises promotes hoarding. I generally don’t buy risers until I know which league is next but now I might have to change my strategy.

11 minutes ago, topofthebilly said:

Well a squad cap is not the solution to this .
Squad caps combined with random rises turn the game into a gambling fest . This is completely the opposite of what a managing game should be for me .
As it should be about skill , not luck .

Completely my opinion of course .

Could be gambling billy. But getting advice off people on this forum of players to keep and sell for the future would be a good way of limiting the risk to the gamble.

Researching players minutes played in various leagues will also give you an indication of who might rise in the future.

I think knowledge and skill are the factors most needed in this game, if you watch and know a lot about football then it should leave you in good stead in my opinion.

29 minutes ago, Soccahappy said:

Sorry Kieran forgot about the 5th from Bayern Malik Tillman as u see on SWIKI Report.

Probably a face I don’t know 😂

10 minutes ago, Nighch said:

When is MLS? Its one of the few main leagues that hasnt been updated for ages! Cmon SM leave the random rises.

It seems that only now they started working on the SM Worlds uodate. They really dont give any credit to their best creation. They only want money from the new SM

I would love to know the answer to this too.

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Kieran_S91 said:

Badji today would of made you 600k and I’m going to guess that Raskin of Standard Liege will probably get a similar rise in the next few days.

Your guess is GOOD! Kieran as 669minutes this season out of a possible 720Mins and 1 goal and 3assists also 88mins last season means Nicolas Raskin is an ideal candidate for being a RANDOM RISER!😀

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, hoochy koochy said:

Hey Formuers. Quick opinion please. Diaby from Leverkusen or Kulusevski from Juve? Who has the higher ceiling and why? Thx in advance 

Kulusevski, already at Juve, seems a better talent

13 hours ago, TrickyDave said:

Valverde or Arthur?

Valverde

Early days in the season but wonder if Arthur will play regularly 

12 hours ago, JOE GI said:

Lukaku or icardi?

Lukaku

1 hour ago, Marek said:

Sorry for the long post, but I really need your help.

Pablo Ramòn (RM Castilla) + Eric Garcia + Reinier + Boadu + Ferland Mendy OR De Ligt + Alex Sandro?

Important info that can help you to give your opinion:

- the deal is with my best opponent

- incredibly competitive setup (30+ bids on best new players. We are 60 clubs)

- squad limit: 60 players (this deal is a 5x2)

- long term is really important (gw alive since 2012)

- I'm probably the best team right now, so my goal is to win trophies (should I prefer youths to ready players?)

- my starter LB is Robertson, so Mendy and Sandro would both be bench players for me

- my starters CBs are Varane and Marquinhos, my 3rd CB is Lucas Hernandez (is he really a CB?)

- if I lose Garcia, Reinier and Boadu, I still have Hudson-Odoi, Kulusevski, Brahim Diaz, Guillamon and other really talented youths like Hepburn, Nabian, Maldini etc.

 

What would you do?

I'd go with the five as De Ligt won't start for you and Sandro has peaked at 92.

1 hour ago, Bailight said:

Hey guys. Who would you keep out of Unai Simon and Alex Meret? I need to sell one to make some cash in a relatively competitive GW

Simon, undisputed No 1

1 hour ago, Bigpest said:

Just been offered a deal for me to get fati...

Fati in exchange for greenwood and 9m. OMG haha I'm a united fan and am slightly biased but Fati is awesome 

Tough discussion. I am biased too but I think Fati has the higher ceiling at Barca.

17 minutes ago, Nighch said:

When is MLS? Its one of the few main leagues that hasnt been updated for ages! Cmon SM leave the random rises.

It seems that only now they started working on the SM Worlds uodate. They really dont give any credit to their best creation. They only want money from the new SM

Good question

Link to post
Share on other sites

The Guardian's Next Gen 2020 list came out in the past two days. Here's the Premier League 20:

  • Ben Chrisene (67) - Aston Villa
  • Charlie Allen (65) - Leeds United 
  • Rico Richards (65) - West Bromwich Albion

 

  • Charlie Patino (not on db) - Arsenal 
  • Markus Ifill (not on db) - Brighton 
  • Michael Mellon (not on db) - Burnley 
  • Charlie Webster (not on db) - Chelsea
  • Jadan Reymond (not on db) - Crystal Palace
  • Reece Welch (not on db) - Everton
  • Stefan Parkes (not on db) - Fulham
  • Kian Pennant (not on db) - Leicester
  • James Balagizi (not on db) - Liverpool 
  • Luke Mbete-Tabu (not on db) - Man City
  • Marc Jurado (not on db) - Man Utd
  • Michael Ndiweni (not on db) - Newcastle
  • Antwoine Hackford (not on db) - Sheff Utd
  • Goran Babic (not on db) - Soton 
  • Alfie Devine (not on db) - Tottenham
  • Jamal Baptiste (not on db) - West Ham
  • Kamran Kandola (not on db) - Wolves

https://www.theguardian.com/football/ng-interactive/2020/oct/07/next-generation-2020-20-of-the-best-talents-at-premier-league-clubs

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Kieran_S91 said:

 

Could be gambling billy. But getting advice off people on this forum of players to keep and sell for the future would be a good way of limiting the risk to the gamble.

Researching players minutes played in various leagues will also give you an indication of who might rise in the future.

I think knowledge and skill are the factors most needed in this game, if you watch and know a lot about football then it should leave you in good stead in my opinion.

I understand what you are saying and yes , doing research minimises the risk ... somewhat . But what if your carefully selected player which SHOULD deserve getting a rise gets a small random rise only a full year after you bought him ?

Gambling ..

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Kieran_S91 said:

City have soooo much talent in their youth academies

If and when squad caps come in I would of thought it would only apply to new game worlds, would be a nightmare to navigate in existing game worlds.

I personally think random rises promotes hoarding. I generally don’t buy risers until I know which league is next but now I might have to change my strategy.

Could be gambling billy. But getting advice off people on this forum of players to keep and sell for the future would be a good way of limiting the risk to the gamble.

Researching players minutes played in various leagues will also give you an indication of who might rise in the future.

I think knowledge and skill are the factors most needed in this game, if you watch and know a lot about football then it should leave you in good stead in my opinion.

Probably a face I don’t know 😂

I would love to know the answer to this too.

The good thing about squad caps is there are more good players to go around. The games I play in which have squad caps tend to be the most competitive ones. It makes it more difficult as you need to sell before buying new talent.

 

I am in other ones that don't have squad caps and being able to sign up to 255 players is crazy.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Sir Rahul said:

The Guardian's Next Gen 2020 list came out in the past two days. Here's the Premier League 20:

  • Ben Chrisene (67) - Aston Villa
  • Charlie Allen (65) - Leeds United 
  • Rico Richards (65) - West Bromwich Albion

 

  • Charlie Patino (not on db)
  • Markus Ifill (not on db)
  • Michael Mellon (not on db)
  • Charlie Webster (not on db)
  • Jadan Reymond (not on db)
  • Reece Welch (not on db)
  • Stefan Parkes (not on db)
  • Kian Pennant (not on db)
  • James Balagizi (not on db)
  • Luke Mbete-Tabu (not on db)
  • Marc Jurado (not on db)
  • Michael Ndiweni (not on db)
  • Antwoine Hackford (not on db)
  • Goran Babic (not on db)
  • Alfie Devine (not on db)
  • Jamal Baptiste (not on db)
  • Kamran Kandola (not on db)

https://www.theguardian.com/football/ng-interactive/2020/oct/07/next-generation-2020-20-of-the-best-talents-at-premier-league-clubs

Spoke about this when it came out, always seems to be at least 1 player who makes it at one of the top clubs in Europe. Very useful list indeed 👍

Personally the top players on here are James Balagizi, Charlie Patino, Charlie Webster and Jamal Baptiste.

Don’t know much about Jurado but I know he’s recently joined United.

9 minutes ago, topofthebilly said:

I understand what you are saying and yes , doing research minimises the risk ... somewhat . But what if your carefully selected player which SHOULD deserve getting a rise gets a small random rise only a full year after you bought him ?

Gambling ..

Fair point and in that sense I would suggest buying from the more popular leagues.

The big five and Portugal, Holland and Belgium get the most attention in this game I think. I would be highly surprised if a player who warrants a decent rise would not get only a small rise in over a year if he played in one of these leagues.

Anything other then would be a gamble I.e buying from USA, Russia, Ukraine etc these leagues clearly get missed for long periods.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The Guardian's Next Gen 2020 list came out in the past two days. Here's the World 60:

  • Rayan Cherki (78) - Lyon
  • Isak Johannesson (78) - IFK Norrkoping
  • Ravil Tagir (78) - Istanbul Basaksehir
  • Florian Wirtz (77) - Bayer Leverkusen
  • Yusuf Demir (76) - Rapid Wien
  • Adam Karabec (76) - Sparta Praha
  • Joelson Fernandes (76) - Sporting CP
  • Maurits Kjaergaard (75) - RB Salzburg
  • Dario Sarmiento (73) - Estudiantes de LP
  • Jamal Musiala (73) - Bayern Munich
  • Ilaix Moriba (73) - Barcelona
  • Naci Unuvar (73) - Ajax
  • Kluiverth Aguilar (73) - Alianza Lima / Man City
  • Jhon Duran (70) - Envigado
  • Luca Netz (70) - Hertha Berlin
  • Xavi Simons (70) - PSG
  • Aleksander Buksa (70) - Wisla Krakow
  • Ronaldo Camara (70) - SL Benfica
  • Luka Cveticanin (70) - Vozdovac
  • Emil Roback (70) - AC Milan
  • Wilfried Gnonto (68) - FC Zurich
  • Torben Rhein (67) - Bayern Munich
  • Liam Morrison (67) - Bayern Munich
  • Benjamin Sesko (67) - RB Salzburg
  • Odin Holm (65) - Valerenga
  • Moses Nyeman (65) - DC United

 

  • Federico Redondo (not on db) - Argentinos Juniors
  • Alexander Robertson (not on db) - Manchester City
  • Ardy Mfundu (not on db) - Schalke 04
  • Luca Oyen (not on db) - Genk
  • Bruno Goncalves (not on db) - RB Bragantino
  • Metinho (not on db) - Fluminense
  • Dimo Krastev (not on db) - Fiorentina
  • Jia Boyan (not on db) - Shanghai SIPG
  • Tomas Angel (not on db) - Atletico Nacional
  • Bartol Barisic (not on db) - Dinamo Zagreb
  • Ivan Cubelic (not on db) - Hadjuk Split
  • Tomislav Duvnjak (not on db) - Dinamo Zagreb
  • Isaac Tshibangu (not on db) - TP Mazembe
  • Anthony Valencia (not on db) - Independiente del Valle
  • Samuel Iling-Junior (not on db) - Juventus
  • Amir Arli (not on db) - Dijon
  • Edouard Michut (not on db) - PSG
  • Prince Kwabena Adu (not on db) - Bechem United FC
  • Bikash Yumnam (not on db) - Punjab FC
  • Cesare Casadei (not on db) - Inter Milan
  • Fabio Miretti (not on db) - Juventus
  • Takuhiro Nakai (not on db) - Real Madrid
  • Marcelo Flores (not on db) - Arsenal
  • Luis Puente (not on db) - Chivas
  • Mohamed Amine Essahel (not on db) - Academie Mohamed VI
  • Stefan Bodisteanu (not on db) - FC Viitorul
  • Arsen Zakharyan (not on db) - Dynamo Moscow
  • Mateja Bacanin (not on db) - Red Star Belgrade
  • Bruno Iglesias (not on db) - Real Madrid
  • Israel Salazar (not on db) - Real Madrid
  • Nico Serrano (not on db) - Athletic Bilbao
  • Kelvin John (not on db) - Brooke House College Football Academy
  • Emre Celtik (not on db) - Altinordu
  • Juan Ignacio Cabrera (not on db) - Schalke

https://www.theguardian.com/football/ng-interactive/2020/oct/08/next-generation-2020-60-of-the-best-young-talents-in-world-football

(link is in white for some reason but it's just above this line)

Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, topofthebilly said:

Well a squad cap is not the solution to this .
Squad caps combined with random rises turn the game into a gambling fest . This is completely the opposite of what a managing game should be for me .
As it should be about skill , not luck .

Completely my opinion of course .

Is it skill if people sign 255 players?

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, jaybee said:

Is it skill if people sign 255 players?

 

The big unknown factor which all managers will be waiting for in any situation will be when a player will get it’s deserved random rise .

Since there are more than 255 talents in the world , I would say that spotting these talens and buying them before other managers do is indeed a skill . Even if it would be 500 talents .

Imagine the following :

A manager buys a talent . Waits 364 days for a random rise . Nothing . You sell him because of the squad cap and buy another talent for the free slot . Day 365 his talent which he just sold randomly rises ! Even though this manager knew very well both players are talents , he was pushed towards gambling because of the squad cap and random risers .

Squad cap is a socialistic system , in line with the 50M which bad managers who promote receive and good managers do not get . It is like a keeper of a unmanaged or bad team who suddenly becomes Superman and receives a 10 motm rating ... .
Kind of like mario kart , where when you race vs computer and you are ahead they race like crazy and when you are behind they will wait for you . 

SM tries hard in any way to boost bad managers and nerf good managers to equalize the field . That’s why I feel they want to randomize as much as possible since that gives everyone equal chances . Good or bad .

A team having Nymar , Messi and Ronaldo only take up 3 spots in his team . Same as 3 talents of 40k rated 65 . Think about it , this makes squad caps even worse . If looking for a squad cap system . Better say squad cap of for example 300M (or any total team value/wages) instead of 60 players .  Makes much more sense .


100% my vision on things of course . 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Players to watch/shortlist

Romain Faivre (22) an integral part of Brest’s midfield who has been performing brilliantly in the first 6 games of Ligue 1. This has led too his first international call up for the u21s.

Faivre joined Brest in the summer for 500k plus a sell on fee from Monaco.

SM rating - 77 (If he gets a random rise which I’m hoping not I would imagine a rise to 80 would be a good shout)

Hopefully France and the other big leagues will be reviewed as normal. 77 -> 82 if this is the case.

Stats so far

6 games (461 minutes) 2 goals and a rating of 7.56.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, topofthebilly said:

Well a squad cap is not the solution to this .
Squad caps combined with random rises turn the game into a gambling fest . This is completely the opposite of what a managing game should be for me .
As it should be about skill , not luck .

Completely my opinion of course .

I don't see the furore with this rises. From my perspective it's good. 

Firstly, it stops hoarding as one will only be able to buy 3 players from a club. 

Secondly, say if you don't follow Belgium and you manage a big club and won't follow the minutes from lesser known Belgian clubs/players but a smaller club in lower division has to scout there. And the benefit for that small club is that there's so waiting for a year to get a review for specific players.

Thirdly, it takes away the predictable nature of who you should buy and when, which was the case with set period of reviews. This takes away the advantages from big clubs as they always have money or bought players from, say Argentina, and won't hesitate to sell them to accumulate a sum knowing Argentina will not be reviewed for another 12 months.

I only see positives and actually beneficial to the smaller clubs. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, topofthebilly said:

 

The big unknown factor which all managers will be waiting for in any situation will be when a player will get it’s deserved random rise .

Since there are more than 255 talents in the world , I would say that spotting these talens and buying them before other managers do is indeed a skill . Even if it would be 500 talents .

Imagine the following :

A manager buys a talent . Waits 364 days for a random rise . Nothing . You sell him because of the squad cap and buy another talent for the free slot . Day 365 his talent which he just sold randomly rises ! Even though this manager knew very well both players are talents , he was pushed towards gambling because of the squad cap and random risers .

Squad cap is a socialistic system , in line with the 50M which bad managers who promote receive and good managers do not get . It is like a keeper of a unmanaged or bad team who suddenly becomes Superman and receives a 10 motm rating ... .
Kind of like mario kart , where when you race vs computer and you are ahead they race like crazy and when you are behind they will wait for you . 

SM tries hard in any way to boost bad managers and nerf good managers to equalize the field . That’s why I feel they want to randomize as much as possible since that gives everyone equal chances . Good or bad .

A team having Nymar , Messi and Ronaldo only take up 3 spots in his team . Same as 3 talents of 40k rated 65 . Think about it , this makes squad caps even worse . If looking for a squad cap system . Better say squad cap of for example 300M (or any total team value/wages) instead of 60 players .  Makes much more sense .


100% my vision on things of course . 

I tend to find the custom worlds more interesting as opposed to playing with the bigger teams. I think there is far more skill required in having a smaller sized squad where you have to make tough decisions about who to buy as opposed to buying every promising youngster who is added to the database. 

 

I think random rise system is better as opposed to managers just buying players from a league they know has players about to rise just so they can sell them when transfer ban is up.

 

Everyone has their own opinion on this matter.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Kieran_S91 said:

Players to watch/shortlist

Romain Faivre (22) an integral part of Brest’s midfield who has been performing brilliantly in the first 6 games of Ligue 1. This has led too his first international call up for the u21s.

Faivre joined Brest in the summer for 500k plus a sell on fee from Monaco.

SM rating - 77 (If he gets a random rise which I’m hoping not I would imagine a rise to 80 would be a good shout)

Hopefully France and the other big leagues will be reviewed as normal. 77 -> 82 if this is the case.

Stats so far

6 games (461 minutes) 2 goals and a rating of 7.56.

He got a rise recently from 75 to 77 but I noticed today that Nuhu in Belgian League got his second rise in space of a couple months.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, jaybee said:

He got a rise recently from 75 to 77 but I noticed today that Nuhu in Belgian League got his second rise in space of a couple months.

I didn’t even look. That has to be thee most pointless rise I’ve ever seen 75->77 on the 13th September after he’s played 2 games for Brest haha.

Meanwhile Adil Aouchiche has played and started all 6 games for St.Etienne but is still 73 rated even though Etienne were the mustard for the few games of the season.

Regardless of that I think 80 would be a good rise, 82 if his form continues the way it is.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Kieran_S91 said:

I didn’t even look. That has to be thee most pointless rise I’ve ever seen 75->77 on the 13th September after he’s played 2 games for Brest haha.

Meanwhile Adil Aouchiche has played and started all 6 games for St.Etienne but is still 73 rated even though Etienne were the mustard for the few games of the season.

Regardless of that I think 80 would be a good rise, 82 if his form continues the way it is.

Look what I said in my thread about some other pointless risers..

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Kieran_S91 said:

I didn’t even look. That has to be thee most pointless rise I’ve ever seen 75->77 on the 13th September after he’s played 2 games for Brest haha.

Meanwhile Adil Aouchiche has played and started all 6 games for St.Etienne but is still 73 rated even though Etienne were the mustard for the few games of the season.

Regardless of that I think 80 would be a good rise, 82 if his form continues the way it is.

It seems to be the new way as there have been a few players to get two rises in quick succession. Hauge is another.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Marek said:

Sorry for the long post, but I really need your help.

Pablo Ramòn (RM Castilla) + Eric Garcia + Reinier + Boadu + Ferland Mendy OR De Ligt + Alex Sandro?

Important info that can help you to give your opinion:

- the deal is with my best opponent

- incredibly competitive setup (30+ bids on best new players. We are 60 clubs)

- squad limit: 60 players (this deal is a 5x2)

- long term is really important (gw alive since 2012)

- I'm probably the best team right now, so my goal is to win trophies (should I prefer youths to ready players?)

- my starter LB is Robertson, so Mendy and Sandro would both be bench players for me

- my starters CBs are Varane and Marquinhos, my 3rd CB is Lucas Hernandez (is he really a CB?)

- if I lose Garcia, Reinier and Boadu, I still have Hudson-Odoi, Kulusevski, Brahim Diaz, Guillamon and other really talented youths like Hepburn, Nabian, Maldini etc.

 

What would you do?

My post got a little bit lost, so if anyone wants to express other opinions it's here...

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Marek said:

My post got a little bit lost, so if anyone wants to express other opinions it's here...

It's quite an easy choice. I would keep the 5 youngsters as you are well covered in CB and LB positions. 

Unless you have deals for Hernandez and Mendy with another club taking Sandro and De ligt makes little sense. 

Yes De Ligt is an improvement on Hernandez but Sandro isn't. So you are giving 5 players for De ligt essentially.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...