Jump to content

Rahul W's rating predictions


Recommended Posts

34 minutes ago, Ajay said:

Is there any benefit of playing Very-defensive formation in this game?

 

I have a cup game coming up against division 1 opponent with 90 average rating while my team's average rating is 85. 

 

I was thinking of playing Very Defensive Counter attack. Does this work?? Or is there any other potentially good tactics against big teams?

Yes, I've won few times against teams higher rated than me using very defensive tactics. But my best win was against team 3 rating higher than me.

I guess the only way to "win" against team 5 rating higher than you is play very defensive and hope to get 0-0 and win in penalties.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Sir Rahul

    3504

  • Kieran_S91

    2389

  • Soccahappy

    1324

  • Milanista1

    1228

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi all, As you have seen, I have not really been active over the past few months other than updating my preds. It's just been me phasing out of the forum. Now that the reviews are done, I can say

Just noticed this thread has crossed 1 million views, 23k odd replies, 930 pages.  I know this is 3 and a half years old but I never intended for this to monopolise the forum back then (I would h

Page 200- didn't think we'd get here when I started this casually- thanks all

Posted Images

Thank you guys for assisting me with the tough choices :)
Selling Holgate was a given . The others are more difficult .

I will only focus on buying Dest right now .

Then , later on I can maybe sell my Tarkowski and with the funds try and get Caleta-Car . 
We all know that Tarkowski deserves a higher than 88 rating , but since he is not playing for Aston Villa he is not getting the 90 any time soon I'm afraid . 🤐

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, TCLVikerz said:

Yes, I've won few times against teams higher rated than me using very defensive tactics. But my best win was against team 3 rating higher than me.

I guess the only way to "win" against team 5 rating higher than you is play very defensive and hope to get 0-0 and win in penalties.

Dyche-y is that you?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Soccahappy said:

Glad u confirmed my spreadsheet 83 for Kastrati SIR, it's not a club I have on my spreadsheet but I sort of found an equivalent club and it's possibly on the low side, I'm hoping it might be an 84, or do u think not??

Actually possible. 11 goals and 7 assists last season. Could get 84. SM were generous with Zagreb last year: Petkovic got +3, Orsic got +4.

1 hour ago, Nameless said:

Hateboer, Hermoso or Dumfries?

Hateboer should get 90 this season

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, topofthebilly said:

Thank you guys for assisting me with the tough choices :)
Selling Holgate was a given . The others are more difficult .

I will only focus on buying Dest right now .

Then , later on I can maybe sell my Tarkowski and with the funds try and get Caleta-Car . 
We all know that Tarkowski deserves a higher than 88 rating , but since he is not playing for Aston Villa he is not getting the 90 any time soon I'm afraid . 🤐

 

Agreed and definitely sell or P/Ex Tarkowski  as he is squad capped at Burnley on 88 but I think U know that as u intimated as much in your "Grealish/ Villa zipped mouth Icon".

Nice joke, But I promise I won't tell anybody either Toppo🤐   😮Ooops!😲

Link to post
Share on other sites

🤔 I re-post and edit just for the Liverpool fans:

@Liverpool Fans. 

Whatever happened to the class of 1993, the likes of: John Flanagan, Jack Robinson (Liverpool's second youngest debuten), and Andre Wisdom? Were these 3 never really good enough in your opinion? 

I'm sure you'd agree that Trent Alex Arnold, Andrew Robertson and Joe Gomez are quite a different class. We'll, 🤔 that's 7 they aren't caught out playing a constant high-line, without really wanting 2 press the opposion = Lazypool (anyone?).

😅   😇

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Soccahappy said:

Thanks again, Kieran U beat me to my checking time for "new players" 😃. Been waiting on Sinaly Diomande. 

Co-incidentally I hope to Spreadsheet Lyon and Sinaly Diomande this very afternoon if time allows and will upload here when done in response to this post.

 

There are more tables throughout and as promised, here on Jaybee's thread on Players to watch 20/21 page 4 and 4th post down is the Spreadsheet for Lyon also with Diomande:-

https://forum.soccermanager.com/topic/170999-players-to-watch-202021/page/4/?tab=comments#comment-3242612

Also on there is a description on the post as to why Low rated players with very few minutes are more consistent, taking the example of Diomande with only 86minutes.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I had a bug in a Gameworld where a player developed level 5 concerns out on loan. Next season was automatically transfer listed and an external team bid. I bid a bit higher but my bid was rejected and the players concern level was level 1 when I looked at the profile. Of course no bug was found when I reported it. 😕 Never seen it happen before in my years of playing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, TCLVikerz said:

Yes, I've won few times against teams higher rated than me using very defensive tactics. But my best win was against team 3 rating higher than me.

I guess the only way to "win" against team 5 rating higher than you is play very defensive and hope to get 0-0 and win in penalties.

I lost 1-3😑. It was an formidable effort. They scored from 2 penalties. Both fouled by Adrian🤬.

My opponent fielded a slightly weaker team compared to his first team choices, though. Probably average 89 rated.

What was surprising to me is that my team got 8 corners compared to their 2 and 8 shots compared to 9 shots of theirs.

It wasn't one sided as I expected it to be.

Screenshot_20201014-011549~2.png

Screenshot_20201014-011617~2.png

Screenshot_20201014-011643~2.png

Screenshot_20201014-011703~2.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mwahahaha said:

I had a bug in a Gameworld where a player developed level 5 concerns out on loan. Next season was automatically transfer listed and an external team bid. I bid a bit higher but my bid was rejected and the players concern level was level 1 when I looked at the profile. Of course no bug was found when I reported it. 😕 Never seen it happen before in my years of playing.

I had a similar thing happen in my game world. a team had a bid accepted on level 5 player, then the team that won the bid ran out of cash coz it took so long to go through (people constantly changing  the amount of their bids)so he ended up getting the player back in his squad and no concerns at all!

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/7/2020 at 8:20 PM, Kieran_S91 said:

Illia Zabarnyi (18) making his senior debut for Ukraine this evening against France.

Good investment!

SM rating - 73

Value - 300k

Tonked by France but a close loss v Germany and a win over Spain. He's played 270 minutes at senior international in a week and those last two are nice results. Ukraine has just been reviewed though, I think, which is a shame. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ajay said:

I lost 1-3😑. It was an formidable effort. They scored from 2 penalties. Both fouled by Adrian🤬.

My opponent fielded a slightly weaker team compared to his first team choices, though. Probably average 89 rated.

What was surprising to me is that my team got 8 corners compared to their 2 and 8 shots compared to 9 shots of theirs.

It wasn't one sided as I expected it to be.

Screenshot_20201014-011549~2.png

Screenshot_20201014-011617~2.png

Screenshot_20201014-011643~2.png

Screenshot_20201014-011703~2.png

I can only recommend that you attack through the middle (his weakest area) and play with a fast tempo - for only the first 45 minutes, ey, it's worth a shot. 😀

And, is there no other decent Goalkeeper available? Adrian  was impressive at the beginning of last season, but since then he's just not been good enough: a hazard waiting to happen - a bit like DDG. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Emy Ionescu said:

I can't find them in game, any tips how can I search them?

 

Thanks! 🤗

If these new players are not named in the your GW database (new players section), then go on to your account setting - select the calender like icon (highlighted in blue in image  below) - Load Data Pack - select a data pack - click Load - now see if you can view the player's with their actual names.

Screenshot_20201013-231103.thumb.png.f34b6c7dc8598d820b7e037185adf741.png

Screenshot_20201013-231123.png

 

I myself have to load a new data pack regulary as I get a new player with only their number (no name). As in: player 999, player 786, player 101, player 666, ect...😀

Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Milanista1 said:

I can only recommend that you attack through the middle (his weakest area) and play with a fast tempo - for only the first 45 minutes, ey, it's worth a shot. 😀

And, is there no other decent Goalkeeper available? Adrian  was impressive at the beginning of last season, but since then he's just not been good enough: a hazard waiting to happen - a bit like DDG. 

Didn't know that he would field weak CBs.

I got Adrian as an free agent. Definitely gonna replace him with another GK after his transfer ban is over. The league is very competitive and players are expensive. So getting a good GK for reasonable price would be really tough.

Btw, I rarely play fast tempo and whenever I play it I don't get enough possession, so I prefer the slow tempo. Any other advantage for playing fast tempo over slow tempo?

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Ajay Not all out defense enough!

Chelsea is my friend's 90-rated team (weakest among managed team in my GW). His team is full of concern thanks to the previous manager and Chelsea AI bought players when there is no manager. Yet, he could win WC Shield in his first season with his very-defensive tactics. He used 5-4-1/5-3-2 very defensive against stronger teams. He almost got me too in WC Cup!

Barcelona is 93-rated, Lazio is 94-rated, and mine is 92-rated

chelsea cup.PNG

chelsea final.PNG

Chelsea semifinal.PNG

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...