Rahul W's rating predictions

Currently in a predicament, Aguero is my main striker and won golden boot this season and my highest ever league finish but i am expecting him to get a decrease due to age and lack of playing time at some point...problem is the only strikers 93+ who are available are Aubamayang, Lukaku and Immobile.

Feel like Selling Aguero for Lukaku is the best choice due to age but I also don't see Auba getting a decrease any time soon. Even is Aguero does get a -1 then he's still higher than Lukaku and equal with Auba.

What would you do?

• Replies 33.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sir Rahul

• Kieran_S91

• Soccahappy

• Milanista1

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi all, As you have seen, I have not really been active over the past few months other than updating my preds. It's just been me phasing out of the forum. Now that the reviews are done, I can say

Just noticed this thread has crossed 1 million views, 23k odd replies, 930 pages.  I know this is 3 and a half years old but I never intended for this to monopolise the forum back then (I would h

Page 200- didn't think we'd get here when I started this casually- thanks all

Posted Images

23 minutes ago, Toby S said:

Currently in a predicament, Aguero is my main striker and won golden boot this season and my highest ever league finish but i am expecting him to get a decrease due to age and lack of playing time at some point...problem is the only strikers 93+ who are available are Aubamayang, Lukaku and Immobile.

Feel like Selling Aguero for Lukaku is the best choice due to age but I also don't see Auba getting a decrease any time soon. Even is Aguero does get a -1 then he's still higher than Lukaku and equal with Auba.

What would you do?

When its close like this decision I always look at the stats in the gameworld itself. How have the others performed? if they are nowhere near Aguero then keep him, dont break what isnt broken, a year or -1 isnt going to suddenly mean no goals. once a goal scorer always a goal scorer. even at 93 I bet he will still be prolific. Dzecko is in two of my game worlds and huntelaar in a smaller world is 4 points off my top players and much much older but still outscores everyone in the league. Only thing you will lose out on is possible cashing in value, but hopefully you win something and get 10m for that and there is your player  cash loss gone

25 minutes ago, Toby S said:

What would you do?

lukaku can easily up to 94 this season

26 minutes ago, Toby S said:

What would you do?

Personally I would buy Auba because I don’t see him dropping anytime soon and he’s just signed a new contract with Arsenal.

I see your logic with Lukaku but I don’t know when/if he will rise to 94 at Inter. Could depend on Inter’s season plus him bagging 20+ goals (very possible though)

Also with Auba you have a player who can play on either wing whereas Lukaku is an out and out central striker.

C.Hernandez + J. Bednarek + M. Mittelstadt for Dani Olmo. The first 3 players are mine. I don't know if it's a fair trade for both. I don't want to fool him but also i don't want to be the one who will be on minus with this transaction. He is a friend of mine. In my opinion i think it's too little for this transaction. What is your opinions?

Thanks!

31 minutes ago, Id rather be in SW19 said:

pacqueta is for sale (rare to get 89 and young players for sale in world) worth swapping either  hector herrera, or Delaney for him? both not getting full game time and getting older.

cheers for any responses

I would consider swapping either. Paqueta started life well at Lyon scoring on his debut should get decent game time.

Probably swap Herrera because he’s older and played less than Delaney this season, both squad players though.

22 minutes ago, Bigpest said:

Here's a good one 

I've got fabinho who I'm not reliant on ... Straight Swap for Lautauro martinez...? I've already got mbappe firmino and salah..but want to sell firmino and play salah and mbappe on the wings

I would keep Fabinho but considering you don’t use him go for Martinez.

Martinez also makes your attack younger but I would still play Firmino alongside Salah and Mbappe.

7 minutes ago, Emy Ionescu said:

C.Hernandez + J. Bednarek + M. Mittelstadt for Dani Olmo. The first 3 players are mine. I don't know if it's a fair trade for both. I don't want to fool him but also i don't want to be the one who will be on minus with this transaction. He is a friend of mine. In my opinion i think it's too little for this transaction. What is your opinions?

Thanks!

Olmo. Big future I think it’s a fair deal though.

1 hour ago, Toby S said:

What would you do?

Like mentioned above, look at GW stats.

I expect Aguero to drop at some stage this season. I might get Auba if he gets goals in your GW.

39 minutes ago, Id rather be in SW19 said:

pacqueta is for sale (rare to get 89 and young players for sale in world) worth swapping either  hector herrera, or Delaney for him? both not getting full game time and getting older.

cheers for any responses

Swap Herrera

25 minutes ago, Bigpest said:

Here's a good one 

I've got fabinho who I'm not reliant on ... Straight Swap for Lautauro martinez...? I've already got mbappe firmino and salah..but want to sell firmino and play salah and mbappe on the wings

Still prefer Firmino to Lautaro in the short to mid term

Long term then sure, Lautaro

9 minutes ago, Emy Ionescu said:

Thanks!

I like the three players but Olmo might be worth it 

First 0-0 of the Premier League season West Brom - Burnley. If you could ever see a game with 0-0 written all over it, it was this game 😂

On the subject of West Brom they should have some decent risers this season regardless of position.

Winter review

Connor Townsend - 82 -> 85

Darnell Furlong - 83 -> 85

Grady Diangana - 83 -> 85

Dara O’Shea - 80 -> 84

Romaine Sawyers - 84 -> 85

Semi Ajayi - 84 -> 85

1 hour ago, Id rather be in SW19 said:

When its close like this decision I always look at the stats in the gameworld itself. How have the others performed? if they are nowhere near Aguero then keep him, dont break what isnt broken, a year or -1 isnt going to suddenly mean no goals. once a goal scorer always a goal scorer. even at 93 I bet he will still be prolific. Dzecko is in two of my game worlds and huntelaar in a smaller world is 4 points off my top players and much much older but still outscores everyone in the league. Only thing you will lose out on is possible cashing in value, but hopefully you win something and get 10m for that and there is your player  cash loss gone

1 hour ago, The punch said:

lukaku can easily up to 94 this season

1 hour ago, Kieran_S91 said:

Personally I would buy Auba because I don’t see him dropping anytime soon and he’s just signed a new contract with Arsenal.

I see your logic with Lukaku but I don’t know when/if he will rise to 94 at Inter. Could depend on Inter’s season plus him bagging 20+ goals (very possible though)

Also with Auba you have a player who can play on either wing whereas Lukaku is an out and out central striker.

18 minutes ago, Sir Rahul said:

Like mentioned above, look at GW stats.

I expect Aguero to drop at some stage this season. I might get Auba if he gets goals in your GW.

Thanks for your replies everyone, the players mentioned are ones that aren't currently owned by a manager so their goals/game isnt that good as they usually have poor players around them, although I remember Auba being a goal machine for a managed team a couple of seasons ago. Yeah I'm not too bothered by the cash loss if Aguero were to go down as like SW19 said i can make it back in a good cup run.

Auba is a good choice @Kieran_S91 because of the wing options you're right there too :D 

This hasn't made my decision any easier haha, I'm going to keep Aguero for a little bit and mull it over as I need to purchase a defender too

On 10/18/2020 at 12:17 PM, sharkdan said:

What do you think about Musso and Gollini? Should I sell them for profit or Keep them on loan waiting for another rise? 

I presume you already have a better-rated first team GK than these two GK's?

Therefore, I would sell both of them, unless you want to wait till the end of the season for Gollini to get a (hopeful) +1. 

On 10/18/2020 at 5:56 PM, nivea said:

Please rank:

(3) Gundogan (92) 

(2) Brozovic (92)

(1) Nicolo barella (91)

(4) Youri tielemans (90)

(3.5) Luis alberto (92)

(4.5) Lo celso (90)

(5) Leandro paredes (89)

(5.5)  Lobotka (89)

(2.5) Jack grealish (90)

(1.5)  Calhanoglu (90)

I've based the number ranking on their age, current rating, individual performance average, team's table position, and the potential of a winter and/or summer rise. 

I used the .5 numerical because of the difficulty in answering the question. 

18 hours ago, TCLVikerz said:

Need to sell 2 out of these players. Who do you reckon has the most chance of his rating decreased in upcoming review:

Isco, Dani Parejo, Lorenzo Insigne, Luis Alberto

12 hours ago, zerocool1 said:

Suggestions for a lb around 87/88 rated who will rise in future ? Ps : Angelino is sold

Just throwing some names out there Skov, A. Masuka, B. Kamara (not primarily a LB), B. Toure, Y..Atal, F. Mauossa

11 hours ago, Johan said:

Thats such a amateur. Heres the main man. I had to take a screenshot in my browser because the app wouldnt open his profile lol

805847188_Screenshot_20201019-105734_SMWorlds.thumb.jpg.3fcd884d6cb9a24b09126d5de543799f.jpg52025539_Screenshot_20201019-105458_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.ddaac4e5f30c0e75effd4d0c328e55a7.jpg

So VDB retired as Spain manager back in 2016, only to join SM on a more life-term basis...😀

11 hours ago, Ajay said:

92 million offer for Jan Oblak. Should I take it? Replacement is probably some 89 rated GK available in the market.

I'd only be inclined to accept the cash offer once you've compared (in your GW) the average performance rating of the 89 replacement GK with Jan Oblaks. And, if the money can be used to strengthen your current back line/any other positions that can be made stronger. 

10 hours ago, TCLVikerz said:

Sorry I don't understand. Why Barella is capped at 91 while Brozovic at 92? They play for the same team.

And currently Barella is a first choice while Brozovic is rotated with other midfielders.

Very good point! 

9 hours ago, Kieran_S91 said:

Notifications on IPhone are back!

The forum is no longer unbearable!

About time! 

3 hours ago, Toby S said:

What would you do?

I would sell Aguero - as this season could be his last at city, and from then on he will only decline. 

The Belgian Beast - Romulu Lukaku can hold a strong rating for a good time. 

Having said that, I would still go for Auba duba doooo! because he can additionally play on the wing as well. 

Edited by Milanista1
Additional info was required.

Few players worth a mention from tonight’s games.

Pascal Struijk (21) - Got some more game time for Leeds United with Liam Cooper out injured.

SM rating - 73 (400k)

Max Kilman (23) Started the last 2 Wolves games alongside Coady and Boly. Could feature a lot this season very calm and composed figure at the back.

SM rating - 78 (400k)

Nicolo Rovella (18) Got his first start of the season for Genoa.

SM rating - 75 (600k)

All 3 could be in for a decent rise rating and value wise come the winter review.

Note: Rovella would need more game time but will be keeping an eye on him.

1 hour ago, Risen44 said:

What rating do you think Ki-Jana Hoever (73) will get in the next update?

Back up to Nelson Semedo, not sure needs more game time I think.

10 hours ago, TCLVikerz said:

Sorry I don't understand. Why Barella is capped at 91 while Brozovic at 92? They play for the same team.

And currently Barella is a first choice while Brozovic is rotated with other midfielders.

Barella best italian midfielder with Verratti right now, he's fastly becoming a top player. Probably 92 by the end of the season.

2 hours ago, Kieran_S91 said:

First 0-0 of the Premier League season West Brom - Burnley. If you could ever see a game with 0-0 written all over it, it was this game 😂

On the subject of West Brom they should have some decent risers this season regardless of position.

Winter review

Connor Townsend - 82 -> 85

Darnell Furlong - 83 -> 85

Grady Diangana - 83 -> 85

Dara O’Shea - 80 -> 84

Romaine Sawyers - 84 -> 85

Semi Ajayi - 84 -> 85

I do not know which masochistic impulse brought me to watch this match today, but it's been one of the worst football shows of which I have memory!

He did nothing special, but I quite liked Conor Gallagher - he seemed to be the only one on the pitch who knew how to touch the ball and also what to do with it.

10 hours ago, Sir Rahul said:

Forum interface update?

--

Van Dijk's injury could mean more minutes for Nathaniel Phillips (78), Sepp van der Berg (78), Rhys Williams (70) and/or Billy Koumetio (70). Worth investing in these guys.

They're bound to get some game time before the January transfer window. Matip might be injured now as well!🤦🏽‍♂️

I would say Rhys Williams is first choice out of those 4, after starting 2 matches in the League Cup.

9 hours ago, Soccahappy said:

Some injury News (If nothing stated, return date not yet known):-

Soyuncu Hamstring

Ndidi       Groin

Vardy      Available next game

Dier          Tight Hamstring "perhaps not too long"

Ricardo    Knee Target of 21st November

VVD         Knee ACL 7/8months NO!!!!!!!! 🥵🥵🥵🥶 

Ps I'm NOT sad Kieran I'm happy 😀 particularly now I'm a Grandad again 😀😀😀

Soyuncu is being reported as being out for 3 months.

9 hours ago, Kieran_S91 said:

Awful news about Van Dijk wishing him a speedy recovery.

On the plus side I think it blows the title race wide open which is great for the neutral like myself. Fabinho will probably step into CB alongside Gomez or Matip.

P.S my reaction doesn’t mean I think you are sad Socca, it means I’m sad that VVD is injured ☹️

I am gutted!! 🙁☹️😟😭😢

6 hours ago, gyanthecat said:

I do not know which masochistic impulse brought me to watch this match today, but it's been one of the worst football shows of which I have memory!

He did nothing special, but I quite liked Conor Gallagher - he seemed to be the only one on the pitch who knew how to touch the ball and also what to do with it.

Lucky you don’t live in England, you would of needed to spend £15 to watch the match 😂

Forgot about Connor Gallagher the kid on loan from Chelsea, he’s another who should get a decent rise along with Grant if they keep featuring.

5 hours ago, crvena_zvezda said:

They're bound to get some game time before the January transfer window. Matip might be injured now as well!🤦🏽‍♂️

I would say Rhys Williams is first choice out of those 4, after starting 2 matches in the League Cup.

Soyuncu is being reported as being out for 3 months.

I am gutted!! 🙁☹️😟😭😢

Surely Fabinho will slot in at CB, solid wherever he plays. Had a good game at CB against Chelsea with their riches in attack.

12 hours ago, topofthebilly said:

I personally think Martinez to 88 rather soon .
And then later 89-91 . Checking his current form , he is up there with the big names .

Just been looking at his stats, he’s currently got the best save percentage in the Premier League which is still in the early stages but impressive and he currently has the most clean sheets with the best defensive record conceding 2 goals which was in that 7-2 game against Liverpool. So you have a really good point here!

Based off his current form surely he has a shot at becoming Argentina’s number 1, Argentina is a country that is not blessed with great goalkeepers.

Correct me if I’m wrong but I think Argentina have tried 7 different goalkeepers since their last major cup competition.

Is Luis Alberto going to have a decrease?

If so, Whom should I swap Alberto for (regardless of position)?

1. Aouar

2. Felix

3. Ndidi

4. Zakaria

5. Neves

6. Sarabia

7. Brozovic

Ps:- Would be nice to rank them so that I can go for the next one if I miss out on one.

Edit - Just received an offer of VDB for Alberto plus Parolo.

I’m confused 😟

Edited by Mike0007
4 hours ago, Kieran_S91 said:

Just been looking at his stats, he’s currently got the best save percentage in the Premier League which is still in the early stages but impressive and he currently has the most clean sheets with the best defensive record conceding 2 goals which was in that 7-2 game against Liverpool. So you have a really good point here!

Based off his current form surely he has a shot at becoming Argentina’s number 1, Argentina is a country that is not blessed with great goalkeepers.

Correct me if I’m wrong but I think Argentina have tried 7 different goalkeepers since their last major cup competition.

If I had the option of going for either Martinez or Meslier, which one should I go for? I don’t think I can get both tho I’d love to.

8 hours ago, Kieran_S91 said:

Lucky you don’t live in England, you would of needed to spend £15 to watch the match 😂

Forgot about Connor Gallagher the kid on loan from Chelsea, he’s another who should get a decent rise along with Grant if they keep featuring.

I reckon people should rather be paid to watch such a disgraceful spectacle! :D

I watched the match mainly because I wanted to see Grant with my own eyes - he barely touched any ball, but he scored a goal, though ruled out for offside - but then I remembered I also had Gallagher in one of my SM teams, so I stayed in front of the screen. I'm confident they should both rise nicely in the next review.

26 minutes ago, Mike0007 said:

If I had the option of going for either Martinez or Meslier, which one should I go for? I don’t think I can get both tho I’d love to.

I watched Meslier again last night and he made some good saves and is improving. Emiliano gets the vote from me tho mainly as he has hardly put a foot or hand wrong in about a dozen games I've watched him play. Still very underated by SM's 86 rating.