• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sir Rahul

• Kieran_S91

• Soccahappy

• Milanista1

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi all, As you have seen, I have not really been active over the past few months other than updating my preds. It's just been me phasing out of the forum. Now that the reviews are done, I can say

Just noticed this thread has crossed 1 million views, 23k odd replies, 930 pages.  I know this is 3 and a half years old but I never intended for this to monopolise the forum back then (I would h

Page 200- didn't think we'd get here when I started this casually- thanks all

Posted Images

2 hours ago, JBS said:

Joan Jordan (89) at Sevilla seems to be getting minutes.  Any opinions as to his potential in SMW? 

I’d agree with Rahul 90/91

8 minutes ago, Sir Rahul said:

Anybody remember what rating Petr Cech retired on? 

He's been included in Chelsea's PL squad as a (non-contract) emergency keeper cover. Whoa!

Speaking of keepers - I can see both Pickford and Kepa dropping to 89 next review. Would be deserved.

I was literally just about to post about this, how bizarre 😂

I don’t know the answer to your question unfortunately, will SM add him back in even though he will only play if all 3 keepers are injured/covid etc?

3 hours ago, Soccahappy said:

Neither excites me but IF it's just these two - N Mendy while Ndidi is injured and he probably will be back to subbing minutes when Ndidi returns. Neither Really, Nameless. You can't get Kalvin Phillips or don't want him after his yellow card and O.G exploits last night? 👀😲

About to upload and update another 3 French clubs on jaybee's thread, Dijon, Lens and Lille...

Now uploaded to :-  https://forum.soccermanager.com/topic/170999-players-to-watch-202021/page/5/?tab=comments#comment-3243270

No one else is available. Like gAv GaV said I feel like there might be a cheeky +1 for Mendy. If not, he will at least keep his rating and his bday is far far away. So I will get my money back. 

19 hours ago, Kieran_S91 said:

Surely Fabinho will slot in at CB, solid wherever he plays. Had a good game at CB against Chelsea with their riches in attack.

Aye Fabinho will slot in, I just meant that Rhys will be first pick if a young guy is needed (him and Nat Phillips travelled in the CL squad).

7 hours ago, Soccahappy said:

I'll try and confirm about Soyuncu, seems a long time? Crvena Z in the meantime Matip and a few more... Edit: Yes has proved to be Abductor and UP TO 3 Months!

Player: Aymeric Laporte    Injury: Muscular Injury

Player: Gabriel Fernando de Jesus  Injury: Quadriceps Strain

Player: Benjamin Mendy   Injury: Muscular Injury

Player: Rob Holding   Injury: Tight Hamstring

Player: Mason Greenwood    Injury: Muscular Injury

Player: Joel Matip    Injury: Muscular Injury

Player: Naby Keita   Injury:   Self-isolating as a precaution (Covid-19)

Player: Ross Barkley   Injury:   Knee Injury

Player: Erik Lamela   Injury:   Knock

Player: Michail Antonio   Injury:   Tight Hamstring

Player: Sebastien Haller   Injury:   Knock

Naby is back in training now thankfully. Matip ruled out for tomorrow night, but Jurgen said he could be back for the weekend.

1 hour ago, Sir Rahul said:

He's been included in Chelsea's PL squad as a (non-contract) emergency keeper cover. Whoa!

Speaking of keepers - I can see both Pickford and Kepa dropping to 89 next review. Would be deserved.

A Chelsea mate of mine would rather Cech play instead of Kepa, as he hates him!! LOL

On 10/19/2020 at 10:11 PM, Marek said:

Barella best italian midfielder with Verratti right now, he's fastly becoming a top player. Probably 92 by the end of the season.

I agree.

I would have loved to have seen him playing for Milan. 

12 hours ago, gyanthecat said:

Hello everybody. I have a very difficult question for you, but I'm sure if anyone can answer that, it's you guys! I have a list of available youngsters and a lot of managers fighting to sign them. Who do you think are the must buy among them? I need a list of 3-6 players (or any number you think it applies), any position. Thank you!!

Diogo Costa    GK
Svilar    GK
Ampadu    D
Tudor Baluta    D
Leo Santos    D
Jorge Cuenca    D
Victor Gomez    D
Oxford    D
Nicolás Acevedo    D
Almendra    M
Alex Collado    M
Kadioglu    M
Enzo Loiodice    M
Boudaoui    M
Kevin Agudelo    M
Djordje Mihailovic    M
Sofiane Diop    M
Rodney Redes    M
Miguel Luís    M
Brian Rodriguez    F
Matias Pellegrini    F
Pietro Pellegri    F
Abel Ruiz    F
Woodburn    F
Pintor    F
Moffi    F
Guitane    F
Davitashvili    F
Brereton    F
Haksabanovic    F
Sinik    F
Fiete Arp    F

Players added:

Cabango    D
Bataille    D
Stephane Diarra    F

I've heard positive reviews about these 5. 

I must admit I don't know much about many of these players. And I'm sure there are a few more on that list who are worth keeping (as risers) as well.  

10 hours ago, Mike0007 said:

Thanks a lot mate.

Also, is Greenwood plus Matic for Alberto plus Parolo a good deal for me? (First one incoming)

Also have the option of VDB for Alberto plus Parolo. 

Which is better? 

I would take the Greenwood deal. He's a star 🌟 you can't miss out on. 

12 hours ago, Toby S said:

How competitive is your GW and are there any positions you need to strengthen especially?

Like @Kieran_S91said it'd be good to see JPH develop and he'll probs get an upgrade end of the season again, but are you in need of an 88/89 in a certain position?

Side note: How much money do you get for winning the SMFA Cup and SMFA  Shield??

20 million for SMFA Cup & Shield 

12 hours ago, Kieran_S91 said:

I’d agree with Rahul 90/91

I was literally just about to post about this, how bizarre 😂

I don’t know the answer to your question unfortunately, will SM add him back in even though he will only play if all 3 keepers are injured/covid etc?

haha who knows? let's see

11 hours ago, RieceM96 said:

89 my good sir

Screenshot_20201020-205200.png

Ah thanks!

10 hours ago, Kieran_S91 said:

Anthony Martial’s indifferent season continues.

He’s now scored more goals in his own net (1) than he has in the oppositions (0) 😂

Just to add Axel Tuanzebe has been great this evening, made some really good challenges 1 v 1 against Mbappe.

Really hope Axel stays fit for us now

27 minutes ago, topofthebilly said:

I have a few youngsters who do not seem to get much minutes in their team .

Keep ? Or sell and shortlist ?

William BOVING
Jeremy Frimpong
Adam Idah

I think it's worth keeping them long term, Idah will get decent minutes in the Champ

30 minutes ago, guille.314@hotmail.com said:

What is the id of that league? I must have that man as a friend

I share a GW with him. Never noticed his achievements before or anybody's for that matter. 

Every time I click on the manager it says "slow internet connection detected" but everything else seems to be working. I can click on other managers and view their profile but not his.

How's your experience? Were you able to see his profile?

13 hours ago, Sir Rahul said:

89 is generous for Kepa

2 hours ago, jimmy grimble said:

I just joined a brand new GW, but funds are limited (about 10M available and an existing squad value of only 25M). I'd like to snap up some of the best young talent 🔥 on the market if possible. What are some must buys who can rise over the coming months? Any replies are appreciated :) 

Camavinga, Fati, Trincao, Pedri, Cherki, Joelson Fernandes, Nuno Mendes, Gabriel Veron, Talles Magno, Kaio Jorge, Karim Adeyemi, Curtis Jones, Jamal Musiala, Malvin Bard, Caqueret, Edmond Tapsoba, Emin Bayram, Tagir, Hugo Souza, Marcelo Pitaluga, Wesley Fofana, Lenny Lacroix, William Boving, Issa Kabore, Yan Couto, Torbin Rhein, Luka Sucic, Iliax Moriba, Dominik Szoboszlai, Jamie Bynoe-Gittens, Jayden Braaf, Liam Delap, Yusuf Demir, Luca Oyen, Luka Romero, Jeppe Kjaer,. Giovanni Reyna, Florent Da Silva, Miguel Silveira, Dario Sarmiento, Kubo, Reece James, Alphonso Davies, Haaland, Florian Wirtz, Konrad De La Fuente, Gustavo Maia, Zeballos, Sergey Pinyaev, Nabian, Luzzi, Renyer, Buksa, Kudus.

Here are some, Ive probably missed a fair few.

By the way, I absolutely love the film Jimmy Grimble one of my favourite films growing up. Wish I had a pair of magic boots 😃

1 hour ago, topofthebilly said:

I have a few youngsters who do not seem to get much minutes in their team .

Keep ? Or sell and shortlist ?

William BOVING
Jeremy Frimpong
Adam Idah

I would keep all 3

If I had to sell 1 it would be Adam Idah though.

59 minutes ago, guille.314@hotmail.com said:

What is the id of that league? I must have that man as a friend

I send him a friend request over a month ago but he never responded. I think he is in at least all the standard GWs that starts with 1.  Brazil 1 Argentina 1 etc.

26 minutes ago, Nameless said:

I share a GW with him. Never noticed his achievements before or anybody's for that matter. 

Every time I click on the manager it says "slow internet connection detected" but everything else seems to be working. I can click on other managers and view their profile but not his.

How's your experience? Were you able to see his profile?

He has so many clubs the app cant handle it 😁 his profile only opens in your browser.

One for the future

Someone worth investing in is Marcos Leonardo (17) he’s grown so much in October scoring his first senior goal in the league and scoring the winner last night in the Libertadores.

04/10/20 —- Goias 2-3 Santos

20/10/20 —- Santos 2-1 Defensa Y Justicia ️ 

SM rating - 67

Value - 280k

23 hours ago, Soccahappy said:

SWIKI REPORT TODAY: Continuation of Poland with Jaglieonia Bialystoy 18 players edited and Wizla Krakow 19 players edited Pogon Szczecin 20 players edited.

Denmark: FC Midtjylland  12 players edited,   

Greece: Olympiacos  18 players edited 

Hungary:  Ferencvarosi TC  25 players edited   

Quite a few movements from and to Premiership and Championship Some examples being, Di'shon Bernard Manu to Salford C, Harry Wilson Liverpool to Cardiff, Karlan Grant Huddersfield to West Brom, Harvey Elliot Liverpool to Blackburn and of course Rodon To Spurs.

Cheers Socca 😀

SWIKI REPORT TODAY:  Quite "bitty", 30 pages today and most of the pages made up of odd clubs 1 here, 2 there from throughout the world. A few that had anything consecutive and these were:-

Poland: Lechia Gdansk 13 players edited,   Piast Gliwice 9 players edited,   Polonia Warszawa 3 players edited

CroatiaHNK Cibalia  5 players edited, 

UruguayDanubia 8 players edited,

Romania: FCSB  5 players edited,

Scotland: Stenhousmuir 6 players edited, Brechin 3 players edited

LatviaFK Liepaja 5 players edited

ItalyFC Rieti 4 players edited, AZ Picerno 6 players edited AC Rimini 5 players edited, Calcio Leco 5 players edited

Jeremy Toljan @ Dortmund was edited as was Marvin Park @ Real Madrid

That's all folks 😀