Rahul W's rating predictions

3 hours ago, Milanista1 said:

Because if you were playing in a non-CGW then I'm sure there would be more reliable wingers (real-life performance/injury wise) possibly available to you such a$:

L. Ocampos, F. Chiesa, C. Pulisic, D. Kulusevski, V. Junior, F. Torres ect...

Thank you! 

A couple more questions... Does anyone know how ratings are calculated, and how often are they updated? From what I've read here, I understand that they aren't purely based on stats, players who play for better sides are rated higher.

And is there any particular reason why Wingbacks are rated comparatively lower, never above 93...? 

• Replies 36.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sir Rahul

• Kieran_S91

• Soccahappy

• Milanista1

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi all, As you have seen, I have not really been active over the past few months other than updating my preds. It's just been me phasing out of the forum. Now that the reviews are done, I can say

Just noticed this thread has crossed 1 million views, 23k odd replies, 930 pages.  I know this is 3 and a half years old but I never intended for this to monopolise the forum back then (I would h

Page 200- didn't think we'd get here when I started this casually- thanks all

Posted Images

21 minutes ago, Nameless said:

Living proof why SM has to massively drop the squad cap. 

I don't think i'm the reason bro...i begin to play in that game world 1 year and 8 months ago, my best players at that moment was Robertsone and Piatek...the rest of squad was below rating 88. The managers of that world had 8-9year in that world, it was very hard to make something good from nothing (if i can say that) and having that option of buying a lot of players gave me a chance to grow. Even after this time i have no chances against them..but i'm very proud of my team i built here. :)

Mads Frøkjær-Jensen

Rating: 68

PositionM,AM(RLC)

SM Value: 200k - TM Value: 500K

Club: Odense BK

https://www.transfermarkt.com/mads-frokjaer/profil/spieler/533632

Jensen has played 6 games totaling 502 minutes in the Danish Superligaen so far, registering 3 assists along the way. 

He played loads last season and will look to carry that on this season, he's a talented young player and I'm sure he will get a rise to mid 70s (I'm not sure on an exact number, maybe 75-76?

Probably a good pick up if your a small club in a competitive setup. Given the price and rating he's a nice prospect but also nice to flick off for profit afterwards. Looks like Denmark is currently in the early stages of being reviewed to.

Be back sometime with another random pick up!

ENmm_d-UcAAKJ4L.jpg

Edited by dgormand
Editing grammer
15 hours ago, Emy Ionescu said:

List way long for me

15 hours ago, Emy Ionescu said:

Hello guys,

I have Oihan Sancet and an athletic club fan wants him. He is have this list with young players. Do you recomand some players from here or should i keep O.Sancet?

Screenshot_20201024-221002.jpg

Screenshot_20201024-221010.jpg

Screenshot_20201024-221017.jpg

Screenshot_20201024-221025.jpg

Gueye, Veerman, Ait Nouri, Oyen

16 hours ago, RieceM96 said:

Mad result lol.

Worth selling Kumbulla in a non competitive set up ? I'm Port Vale in div 4 with another mate and probably 6 other managers in top division. 

Is it worth holding onto or get around 6 million for him ?

I'd keep for now

16 hours ago, RieceM96 said:

Maybe Aaron Connelly aswell ?

Guessing it all depends on what I can buy ?

Yep depends, I'd keep for now 

22 hours ago, Lost soul said:

Pick one to BUY- Bernardo Silva/ Saul Niguez/ Dybala/H Son

Pick one to SELL- Lautaro/ Ousmane Dembele/ Arthur

Young Backup Keeper- Unai Simmons(Athletic club) OR T. Strakosha(SS Lazio) OR M. Maignan( Lille) ?

Son

Dembele

Simons

23 hours ago, Mike0007 said:

Is VDB plus cavani a good deal for Immobile? (Immobile outgoing)

I personally feel it’s not good for me but just need a second opinion.

If not, Is Bruno plus cavani a good deal for Immobile? (Feel it is too much to ask for Immobile who’s aged 30 tbh) Or should I go for Bruno-Immobile swap?

Hmm maybe but VDB will not get 92 for a while and Cavani will only drop - I prefer Immobile

Bruno + Cavani would be better yes

23 hours ago, Lost soul said:

Do you reckon Pavard would be a better buy than AWB?

Yes

For those who want a review on all the threads... 

On 9/27/2019 at 6:28 PM, thorgan lesar said:

A new thread is beginning. I'm a Belgian who wil focuss on my own country and some other countries I follow closely. I'm made a new thread, because my previous one had a lot of problems.

RISERS LIST

Who dropped or had a rise in season '19 - '20 (Belgian first division) ?

Who will rise in the Proximus League (2nd division) ?

Who dropped or had a rise in Argentina ?

Who will rise in Bulgaria ?

When are the reviews ?

The predicted rates are based on some points (click here)

Players not in database with at least 10 % of the playing time

SUMMER TRANSFERS '20-'21

Summer Transfers in Belgium '20 - '21

Nationalities in the Jupiler Pro League

TALENTS HUNTER - BY @thorgan lesar

List of Talents (...)

U15 - U18 First Line-up - made by Thorgan Lesar.. on 4th June 2020

U15 - U18 First Line-up "Big Five countries".. by Thorgan Lesar, made on 5th June 2020

RSC Anderlecht: Youth Academy "NEERPEDE"

TOP 100... U16 - U20 Worldwide "à la Golden Boy"

U23 Jupiler Pro League --> % playing time.

I am pleased to announce that I list a "must buy" position by position. There will be a link for this in my OP to my Belgian thread. You can find them there yourself. I also distinguish between the players. First, some will be mentioned because of great potential and personal belief. Second, some will be named and will still have a rise. Finally, as always, there are players who are not yet in the database.

The purpose of this is to buy these players before they have a random rise and the "must buys" that are announced in the past are into 1 list. An overview.

Next days, next weeks I post position by position..

Goalkeepers 

Right & Left Defender

Central Defenders 

Defensive Midfielders

Centre Midfielder

Attacking Midfielders 

Right Wingers

Left Wingers 

Centre Attackers

All the must buys at the moment + line-up

BASED ON TRANSFERMARKT.COM

'Best u17 - u21 at the moment' in..."

Australia & New Zealand (Date: 17/10/2020)

TALENTS HUNTER - BY @Kierans91

List of talents (...)

TALENTS LEAGUES

Superligaen ~ Denmark

MLS - American Talents

Brazilian Talents (some..)

Poland and his talents

Italy and his talents

"TALENTS INSIDE BIG FIVE"

List of talents (...)

NXT JPL (Next Generations Jupiler Pro League)

What's NXT - JPL ?

NXT - list of talents

Line-up XI u14 - u21 ~ Belgian Talents, played this season or not yet

TALENTS LISTS

Video best u16 worldwide

National team of Belgium

》Present & Future 

- Goalkeepers

- Defenders

- Wingbacks

- Midfielders

- Attackers

》Competition

-  System

》Results

- Soccerway

》Livestream

- Hesgoal.com

------------------------------------------------------------------

》Countries

- Italy - by zsp2

- England (Championship, ..) & Scotland

SPECIAL: TMCosta X Files

@jaybee and his threads

Ligue 1 - youngsters 

Brazil youngsters

Premier League - youngsters

La Liga - youngsters

Bundesliga - youngsters

Serie A - youngsters

@sirmarkhughes and his view on talents

Talents to follow...

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Following countries you can ask questions about:

Each country

58 minutes ago, Soccahappy said:

SWIKI REPORT TODAY: A small continuation of Poland and  England Lower Tiers but It is the weekend so only 2 and a bit pages to account for you, BUT it surely Does Confirm DENMARK is to be reviewed in a few days thru to SM:-

DENMARK: Aarhus GF  10 players added (also Aarhus GF had 9 players added in October 2019 - so SM's 12month theme continues)😃

Other than this Poland had a remnant: Rakow Cszestochowa had 4 players added and...

England Lower TiersTorquay 5 players added

Liverpool had Kamal Grabara edited

Glad to see Denmark and the 12month theme continuing. Can U believe SM is being consistent for a change! 😲

Cheers Socca 😃  

Seeing as we now know Aarhus GF are being reviewed I had a "quick look" at their squad for obvious risers and have come up with these 2 BOTH rated only 73 and loads of mins:- 

Sebastian Hausner 20/73 182 mins out of possible 450 this and 1,572 mins last season) Plus 5 to 78

Benjamin Hvidt 20/73 148 mins out of possible 450 this and 1,192 mins last season) Plus 4 to 77

Obviously not in my spreadsheet but Squad Cap is 82 so I'd guess as above but if SM want to be stingy maybe Plus 4 and Plus 3. Should be reviewed within 5days 😃

1 hour ago, Beatz said:

Ruiz, barella, brozovic, pellegrini or Brandt? Rate 1-5 please

Hmm

Barella, Ruiz, Brandt, Pellegrini, Brozovic.

2 hours ago, Emy Ionescu said:

Hello guys,

I'm in a difficult situation. I gave to a friend Thomas Parthey + Matheus Cunha for Haaland. I know it very little what i gave to him but i want to balance the situation. 

I want to give him Timo Werner and to take at least one ore two players from his list (ss with his squad below). What is your opinion? 

Thanks! 😌

Screenshot_20201025-102528.jpg

Screenshot_20201025-102533.jpg

Screenshot_20201025-102543.jpg

Screenshot_20201025-102548.jpg

Screenshot_20201025-102553.jpg

Putting your whole squad hardly helps. I will suggest Reyna and Chiesa lol. Scrolling through this big list is difficult.

4 hours ago, JBS said:

Danilo Pereira +1?  Seems to be a first option with PSG.

Possibly, Gueye got 91 and then 92 last season.

7 hours ago, Lost soul said:

What do you guys think about Lenglet? I feel like SM overrates him, with a 92 rating, while he should probably be only 90/91 at best, or is it just me?

Playing for Barca helps. Won't get 93 for a while imo.

13 hours ago, BrutBrutBrut said:

I was very grateful for the tactical advice that posters offered with my struggling team.

I know that there was previously a 'bible' of formations and counter formations thread, which I have been struggling to find.

I have found the below, which has been excellent in countering formations on a match by match basis:

Again, I know that this is not the forum for these questions (and I apologise), but does anyone know of threads which give good advice on instructions for countering teams? Specifically instructions.

Can't help you here mate

On 10/23/2020 at 6:22 PM, Mike0007 said:

Is martial plus cavani for immobile a good deal? (Immobile outgoing)

OR should i go for martial plus lindlof?

or shoudl I keep Immobile?

Martial and Cavani.

Immobile is currently better than both but at 30 years old I don’t see you getting a better offer anytime soon. Martial has the potential to be 93+ in the future and Cavani at least softens the blow for a while. 

If you need a CB more than a ST go for Martial and Lindelöf.

On 10/23/2020 at 6:37 PM, Kieran_S91 said:

As daft as it sounds I would definitely think about keeping Immobile, he’s an absolute goal machine.

Cavani is an unknown quantity at the minute for me. He could turn out like Ibra who was relatively successful at United or Falcao who didn’t have any impact.

I don’t rate Lindelof and Martial could still have a good season but started it in shocking fashion.

The duo (Martial/Cavani) is good for depth if you need it but I think Immobile should be at 93 for a while yet whereas I don’t see Martial or Cavani being 93 anytime soon.

Once Martial is back from injury he will score goals this season and be in contention for a rise.

12 minutes ago, Ben C said:

Martial and Cavani.

Immobile is currently better than both but at 30 years old I don’t see you getting a better offer anytime soon. Martial has the potential to be 93+ in the future and Cavani at least softens the blow for a while. 

If you need a CB more than a ST go for Martial and Lindelöf.

Once Martial is back from injury he will score goals this season and be in contention for a rise.

Not necessarily he’s been dreadful so far this season, would need to score similar numbers to last season and for United to finish in a good league position.

On top of that there is now more competition with Cavani coming in.

Also he’s suspended not injured and I think for 1 more game because of his straight red against Spurs (3 match ban)

Im sorry but I don’t think 92 for Martial is a given this season. Just my opinion 🙂

2 hours ago, Soccahappy said:

Seeing as we now know Aarhus GF are being reviewed I had a "quick look" at their squad for obvious risers and have come up with these 2 BOTH rated only 73 and loads of mins:- 

Sebastian Hausner 20/73 182 mins out of possible 450 this and 1,572 mins last season) Plus 5 to 78

Benjamin Hvidt 20/73 148 mins out of possible 450 this and 1,192 mins last season) Plus 4 to 77

Obviously not in my spreadsheet but Squad Cap is 82 so I'd guess as above but if SM want to be stingy maybe Plus 4 and Plus 3. Should be reviewed within 5days 😃

Been asked by PM for more info on Aarhus GF and found the following info...

Eskelinen has 270mins this season and 2566mins last season so I would give him +2 to 82

Only slight negative which shouldn't affect the +2 , is Kamal Grabara (Liverpool loanee) has played in Goal instead for last 2 games. Maybe injury (maybe, just giving other keeper a run-out)

Casper Hojer Nielson has 424mins + 2goals this season and 3125mins last season so I would give him +2 to 82

Bror Blume has 292mins + 1Goal + 1 assist this season and 2750mins +6G last season so I would give him +4 to 82. BUT as 82 is the cap SM might stingely just give him a +2 to 80 this time with another +2 in a years time.

You will have to be quick in buying these if u want them Forumers...should be reviewed within 5days... Footie time til late tonight... 😃

3 hours ago, Kieran_S91 said:

Not necessarily he’s been dreadful so far this season, would need to score similar numbers to last season and for United to finish in a good league position.

On top of that there is now more competition with Cavani coming in.

Also he’s suspended not injured and I think for 1 more game because of his straight red against Spurs (3 match ban)

Im sorry but I don’t think 92 for Martial is a given this season. Just my opinion 🙂

Id disagree he’s been dreadful he’s barely played due to the suspension. I meant suspension not injury so apologies for that.

Post lockdown he was the most effective striker in the league and I’d be surprised to see him not put up similar this season and United not finish well.

He will be the main man in the system and I can see him hitting 92 soon. Truth be told he should have been close last season based on his numbers compared to others. If Rashford managed it so too can Martial.

Didn’t mean to come across confrontational btw.

16 minutes ago, Ben C said:

Id disagree he’s been dreadful he’s barely played due to the suspension. I meant suspension not injury so apologies for that.

Post lockdown he was the most effective striker in the league and I’d be surprised to see him not put up similar this season and United not finish well.

He will be the main man in the system and I can see him hitting 92 soon. Truth be told he should have been close last season based on his numbers compared to others. If Rashford managed it so too can Martial.

Didn’t mean to come across confrontational btw.

He’s played twice in the league which he was non effective and played once in the UCL scoring an OG although he did win a penalty so I will give him that.

Its still early days but I think with the arrival of Cavani I would of thought there’s going to be more rotation in the attack than post lockdown back end of last season. Post Lockdown Ole played the same team every game I wouldn’t imagine him doing the same this season with how thick and fast the games are going to be.

Yeah I understand, if that’s how I’m coming across then I apologise. Clear to see we both have a difference in opinion which we are both obviously entitled too. I guess only time will tell whether he has a good season or not (rise no rise) 🙂

4 hours ago, Kieran_S91 said:

I agree he will not get 92 in the next review . Just impossible . He is hardly getting 5 or 6 ratings per game . He is not scoring , just nothing as in 0 . On top of that he got a red card , missing 3 matches and he scored an own goal .

Will be lucky not not catch a -1 here .

When he is still the main man of united up front after next SM review AND he gets some goals going on AND united gets top 4 at the end of the season then just maybe 92 .

But currently -short term- it is not looking good .

9 minutes ago, RieceM96 said:

Does anyone know about SM values?

Any chance of Illya Zarbarnyi dropping his 1.6 million ? 

Looking to buy him for a division 4 side. But it's alot to fork out. But obviously a great player to buy 

Ideally should have picked him up earlier at 240k .

When he went from 73 to 76 he has now been put in the overvalued/inflated range by SM . (The ones that are 1.6@76 and 2@78)

Once their hype drops (basically it can happen at any random given time) they can drop back to regular values . Being 700k for 76 rated .

So if you want want to pick him up just to make a profit , there are better players out there .

15 minutes ago, RieceM96 said:

Does anyone know about SM values?

Any chance of Illya Zarbarnyi dropping his 1.6 million ? 

Looking to buy him for a division 4 side. But it's alot to fork out. But obviously a great player to buy 

I wouldn’t like to say but an example in recent time has been Loic Mbe Soh he was 1.6 million at PSG which is in the region of a hype value like @topofthebilly said.

He moved to Nottingham Forest in the summer and dropped to 700k, the fact Zabarnyi is now playing for Ukraine’s senior team and a constant at Dynamo Kiev I can’t see that value dropping anytime soon unfortunately.

Don’t know if this helps with your question at all.

16 hours ago, Lost soul said:

What do you guys think about Lenglet? I feel like SM overrates him, with a 92 rating, while he should probably be only 90/91 at best, or is it just me?

I agree. A rating of 91 would be more suitable for him, maybe the same could be said about Merda's Skriniar as well.  

14 hours ago, topofthebilly said:

I was wondering the same as @Lost soul , so I am happy he asked the question .

Have to say that I am playing in a standard (non-CGW) gameworld and none of the wingers you meantioned are available . 
Even dembele is taken so .. .

Lostsoul seemed happy with my intial response, so I presumed some of the players mentioned are available to him in his non-competitive GW.  

However, if you are searching for decent wingers - who would be less sought after, could rise again and even be (more likely) available, then search for:

H. Lozano, J. Ikone, L. Bailey, D. Berardi, ASM, M. Pasalic, J. Boga, M. Diaby, J. Boga, M. Lanzini and/or M. Almiron. 

14 hours ago, JBS said:

Danilo Pereira +1?  Seems to be a first option with PSG.

A +1 is certainly possible if he can get enough game time which I'm sure he will get at PSG.  

I reckon he's a decent 90-91 rated player (at best) and nothing more. 

10 hours ago, Beatz said:

Ruiz, barella, brozovic, pellegrini or Brandt? Rate 1-5 please

1. Barella

2. F. Ruiz

3. Brandt/Brozovic

3.5. Pellegrini

10 hours ago, Lost soul said:

Thank you! 

A couple more questions... Does anyone know how ratings are calculated, and how often are they updated? From what I've read here, I understand that they aren't purely based on stats, players who play for better sides are rated higher.

And is there any particular reason why Wingbacks are rated comparatively lower, never above 93...? 

For the top 5 leagues - the player ratings are usually updated twice in per season (once in the winter, once in the summer). The rest of the  leagues are usually updated only once in a season.

However, the number of player rating updates could be dropped to only one for all the leagues in the future (if i remember correctly there was talk of it happening). 

A Player rating increase/decrease is usually based on the number of minutes he accumulates throughout the season - professor 🔬🔭 Soccahappy knows the formula better than most, although I presume he'll probably be faaaaaar to busy to explain it to you. A player's team performance, league standing, and how infulencial he is to his team (his stats) throughout the season are also (usually) taken into account. 

Although, there are occasions when some player rating increases/decreases are purely based on a unknown-random SM logic, which even Einstein would never be able to figure out! 😀 Such as, why some wing/full-backs are/were underrated (D. Alaba, J. Alba (at one time), and D. Carvajal come to mind).   

Edited by Milanista1
Tried to make sense of what I had written before.
30 minutes ago, topofthebilly said:

Ideally should have picked him up earlier at 240k .

When he went from 73 to 76 he has now been put in the overvalued/inflated range by SM . (The ones that are 1.6@76 and 2@78)

Once their hype drops (basically it can happen at any random given time) they can drop back to regular values . Being 700k for 76 rated .

So if you want want to pick him up just to make a profit , there are better players out there .

Already have him in a competitive full English C set-up when I got him for 399k. 

Didn't have the money for this Div 4 side at the time. I'll just sign Sven Botman instead for 800k more :)

9 hours ago, Lost soul said:

Thank you! 

Ratings are updated twice a year for the big 5 European leagues, once a year for others, and some minor leagues are completely ignored (lol).

Better sides have better ratings, which is pretty expected. It is based on stats, just that 90+ players can't be rising solely on stats, so more discretion is needed for those.

Good qn on wingbacks. There used to be some more than 95 - Marcelo was 94 until 2019, Maicon used to be 96 in his good days (he dropped to 77 today!). Lahm used to be 95 until retirement. Dani Alves was 95 in his peak.

I think the general quality of wingbacks have reduced in the world. Let's look at the 92+ full backs now.

Left-back: Robertson (93) is probably the best - but team style brings the best out of him. Alaba (93) is versatile and can play at CB. Sandro (92) plays for a big side but I do not think he is 93 level. Alba (93) gets some criticism even now from Barca fans. Laporte and Chiellini don't count as they are CBs.

Right-back: TAA (93) - same reason as Robertson. Kimmich (94) - same reason as Alaba, can play at DM. These two are miles above the rest. Carvajal (92) might be deserving of 93. Walker (92) is helped by the City system. The rest are either CBs (Gimenez, De Vrij, Alderweireld, Ramos) or DMs (Fabinho, Partey).