Rahul W's rating predictions

16 hours ago, Lost soul said:

What do you guys think about Lenglet? I feel like SM overrates him, with a 92 rating, while he should probably be only 90/91 at best, or is it just me?

I agree. A rating of 91 would be more suitable for him, maybe the same could be said about Merda's Skriniar as well.  

14 hours ago, topofthebilly said:

I was wondering the same as @Lost soul , so I am happy he asked the question .

Have to say that I am playing in a standard (non-CGW) gameworld and none of the wingers you meantioned are available . 
Even dembele is taken so .. .

Lostsoul seemed happy with my intial response, so I presumed some of the players mentioned are available to him in his non-competitive GW.  

However, if you are searching for decent wingers - who would be less sought after, could rise again and even be (more likely) available, then search for:

H. Lozano, J. Ikone, L. Bailey, D. Berardi, ASM, M. Pasalic, J. Boga, M. Diaby, J. Boga, M. Lanzini and/or M. Almiron. 

14 hours ago, JBS said:

Danilo Pereira +1?  Seems to be a first option with PSG.

A +1 is certainly possible if he can get enough game time which I'm sure he will get at PSG.  

I reckon he's a decent 90-91 rated player (at best) and nothing more. 

10 hours ago, Beatz said:

Ruiz, barella, brozovic, pellegrini or Brandt? Rate 1-5 please

1. Barella

2. F. Ruiz

3. Brandt/Brozovic

3.5. Pellegrini

10 hours ago, Lost soul said:

Thank you! 

A couple more questions... Does anyone know how ratings are calculated, and how often are they updated? From what I've read here, I understand that they aren't purely based on stats, players who play for better sides are rated higher.

And is there any particular reason why Wingbacks are rated comparatively lower, never above 93...? 

For the top 5 leagues - the player ratings are usually updated twice in per season (once in the winter, once in the summer). The rest of the  leagues are usually updated only once in a season.

However, the number of player rating updates could be dropped to only one for all the leagues in the future (if i remember correctly there was talk of it happening). 

A Player rating increase/decrease is usually based on the number of minutes he accumulates throughout the season - professor 🔬🔭 Soccahappy knows the formula better than most, although I presume he'll probably be faaaaaar to busy to explain it to you. A player's team performance, league standing, and how infulencial he is to his team (his stats) throughout the season are also (usually) taken into account. 

Although, there are occasions when some player rating increases/decreases are purely based on a unknown-random SM logic, which even Einstein would never be able to figure out! 😀 Such as, why some wing/full-backs are/were underrated (D. Alaba, J. Alba (at one time), and D. Carvajal come to mind).   

Edited by Milanista1
Tried to make sense of what I had written before.
  • Replies 33.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sir Rahul

• Kieran_S91

• Soccahappy

• Milanista1

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi all, As you have seen, I have not really been active over the past few months other than updating my preds. It's just been me phasing out of the forum. Now that the reviews are done, I can say

Just noticed this thread has crossed 1 million views, 23k odd replies, 930 pages.  I know this is 3 and a half years old but I never intended for this to monopolise the forum back then (I would h

Page 200- didn't think we'd get here when I started this casually- thanks all

Posted Images

30 minutes ago, topofthebilly said:

Ideally should have picked him up earlier at 240k .

When he went from 73 to 76 he has now been put in the overvalued/inflated range by SM . (The ones that are 1.6@76 and 2@78)

Once their hype drops (basically it can happen at any random given time) they can drop back to regular values . Being 700k for 76 rated .

So if you want want to pick him up just to make a profit , there are better players out there .

Already have him in a competitive full English C set-up when I got him for 399k. 

Didn't have the money for this Div 4 side at the time. I'll just sign Sven Botman instead for 800k more :)

9 hours ago, Lost soul said:

Thank you! 

A couple more questions... Does anyone know how ratings are calculated, and how often are they updated? From what I've read here, I understand that they aren't purely based on stats, players who play for better sides are rated higher.

And is there any particular reason why Wingbacks are rated comparatively lower, never above 93...? 

Ratings are updated twice a year for the big 5 European leagues, once a year for others, and some minor leagues are completely ignored (lol).

Better sides have better ratings, which is pretty expected. It is based on stats, just that 90+ players can't be rising solely on stats, so more discretion is needed for those.

Good qn on wingbacks. There used to be some more than 95 - Marcelo was 94 until 2019, Maicon used to be 96 in his good days (he dropped to 77 today!). Lahm used to be 95 until retirement. Dani Alves was 95 in his peak.

I think the general quality of wingbacks have reduced in the world. Let's look at the 92+ full backs now.

Left-back: Robertson (93) is probably the best - but team style brings the best out of him. Alaba (93) is versatile and can play at CB. Sandro (92) plays for a big side but I do not think he is 93 level. Alba (93) gets some criticism even now from Barca fans. Laporte and Chiellini don't count as they are CBs.

Right-back: TAA (93) - same reason as Robertson. Kimmich (94) - same reason as Alaba, can play at DM. These two are miles above the rest. Carvajal (92) might be deserving of 93. Walker (92) is helped by the City system. The rest are either CBs (Gimenez, De Vrij, Alderweireld, Ramos) or DMs (Fabinho, Partey). 

3 hours ago, Sir Rahul said:

Can Angelo Ogbonna get 88 back this season? Thoughts?

I would hope so - well that's only if he continues starting For WH, and WH finish within the top 7 (minimum) this season, after their decent start to the season. 

Having said that, Ogbonna has played the full 90 in WH last few games, averaging an overall score of over 6.50 in his 6 games. 

🙂

2 hours ago, Sir Rahul said:

Can Angelo Ogbonna get 88 back this season? Thoughts?

I think it will be tough for him, I would guess that West Ham would need to be in a good league position and he would need to be playing well. He’s obviously relatively old and we know SM don’t always look to fondly of players above a certain age.

He looked pretty solid last time out against Manchester City, his pace was a real benefit in a couple of moments of that game.

1 hour ago, jaybee said:

Got a playoff final tomorrow night and my star player is on 84% fitness. Would you start him? I've looked at opposition and a lot of their top players are on even lower fitness.

Play him for 60/75 minutes, he’s your best player so I would try to keep him on for as long as possible.

2 hours ago, jaybee said:

Got a playoff final tomorrow night and my star player is on 84% fitness. Would you start him? I've looked at opposition and a lot of their top players are on even lower fitness.

Use the substitution plan. If you are winning by the 60th minute, sub him off. If not keep him on for the rest of the match. Promotion is the most important 

58 minutes ago, Blucerchiato said:

M. Ginter + Depay for Icardi?

Duo

3 minutes ago, crvena_zvezda said:

In a setup with an 85 rating limit for signing players. Who to sell from this lot? (This is my youth team).

Thanks in advance.

youth1.jpg

youth2.jpg

youth3.jpg

Perrin, Collins, Johnston, Ferguson, Nejasmic.

You have such depth in certain positions for the future so I think you could afford to lose the players I’ve mentioned above.

If you need money I would probably think about selling Pellegrini, he’s not fancied at Juventus and currently on loan at Cagliari so unsure what’s going to happen in his future.

5 hours ago, jaybee said:

Iv always found that iv lost play off if I play 100 percent players who are much lower rated. Than my first teamers in 60/70 percent fitness.  

12 hours ago, Milanista1 said:

For the top 5 leagues - the player ratings are usually updated twice in per season (once in the winter, once in the summer). The rest of the  leagues are usually updated only once in a season.

However, the number of player rating updates could be dropped to only one for all the leagues in the future (if i remember correctly there was talk of it happening). 

A Player rating increase/decrease is usually based on the number of minutes he accumulates throughout the season - professor 🔬🔭 Soccahappy knows the formula better than most, although I presume he'll probably be faaaaaar to busy to explain it to you. A player's team performance, league standing, and how infulencial he is to his team (his stats) throughout the season are also (usually) taken into account. 

Although, there are occasions when some player rating increases/decreases are purely based on a unknown-random SM logic, which even Einstein would never be able to figure out! 😀 Such as, why some wing/full-backs are/were underrated (D. Alaba, J. Alba (at one time), and D. Carvajal come to mind).

Thanks for the explanation! 

10 hours ago, Sir Rahul said:

Ratings are updated twice a year for the big 5 European leagues, once a year for others, and some minor leagues are completely ignored (lol).

Better sides have better ratings, which is pretty expected. It is based on stats, just that 90+ players can't be rising solely on stats, so more discretion is needed for those.

Good qn on wingbacks. There used to be some more than 95 - Marcelo was 94 until 2019, Maicon used to be 96 in his good days (he dropped to 77 today!). Lahm used to be 95 until retirement. Dani Alves was 95 in his peak.

I think the general quality of wingbacks have reduced in the world. Let's look at the 92+ full backs now.

Left-back: Robertson (93) is probably the best - but team style brings the best out of him. Alaba (93) is versatile and can play at CB. Sandro (92) plays for a big side but I do not think he is 93 level. Alba (93) gets some criticism even now from Barca fans. Laporte and Chiellini don't count as they are CBs.

Right-back: TAA (93) - same reason as Robertson. Kimmich (94) - same reason as Alaba, can play at DM. These two are miles above the rest. Carvajal (92) might be deserving of 93. Walker (92) is helped by the City system. The rest are either CBs (Gimenez, De Vrij, Alderweireld, Ramos) or DMs (Fabinho, Partey). 

Wow that's a great point, guess TAA could improve his rating someday...

4 hours ago, JBS said:

Pizzi + Chiesa or R. Neves?

The duo!

1 hour ago, Nameless said:

Zaniolo or Reguilon?

I would choose Reguilon , i think he is a great player and he have more us to show and another problem for Zaniolo is that he is injured for a long time.

8 hours ago, Blucerchiato said:

M. Ginter + Depay for Icardi?

Clear the duo :)

1 hour ago, Lost soul said:

Zaniola is out for a long time, and as it is a recurring ACL injury, I'm kinda worried for him. Go for Reguilon...

12 minutes ago, Emy Ionescu said:

I would choose Reguilon , i think he is a great player and he have more us to show and another problem for Zaniolo is that he is injured for a long time.

:)

Zaniolo is injured till Dec/Jan isn't it? 

The reason this has become a tough decision is, speaking purely on SM terms, Reguillon is a LB and has a high possibility of getting at least +1.  We all know full backs and GK's hardly make much impact whatever their rating is.

Whereas, Zaniolo will remain 89 and still has good hype around him. 

So in SM terms a 90 LB or a 89 AM? 

37 minutes ago, Nameless said:

I doubt he'd be back before March. He got injured only last month, and the previous time had an ACL injury, he was out for six months...

41 minutes ago, Nameless said:

I'm no SM expert but if you are looking at short term benefit( a couple of months), then go for Zaniola, and sell/keep him depending on his performance/fitness after his comeback, as Reguilon is just 89 at the moment, and Zaniola wouldn't get a lowered rating already...

47 minutes ago, Nameless said:

The reason this has become a tough decision is, speaking purely on SM terms, Reguillon is a LB and has a high possibility of getting at least +1.  We all know full backs and GK's hardly make much impact whatever their rating is.

Whereas, Zaniolo will remain 89 and still has good hype around him. 

Regardless the more valuable asset is Reguilón. LBs of quality are notoriously hard to come by whereas talented CAMs come around every season. 

Id wager when he rises to 90 this season you’ll find you’re in a position to PE him for someone far more promising than Zaniolo.

Even if you don’t PE him I’d back you to be able to find another CAM sooner than you could a 89/90 rated young LB.