• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sir Rahul

• Kieran_S91

• Soccahappy

• Milanista1

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi all, As you have seen, I have not really been active over the past few months other than updating my preds. It's just been me phasing out of the forum. Now that the reviews are done, I can say

Just noticed this thread has crossed 1 million views, 23k odd replies, 930 pages.  I know this is 3 and a half years old but I never intended for this to monopolise the forum back then (I would h

Page 200- didn't think we'd get here when I started this casually- thanks all

Posted Images

7 hours ago, JBS said:

Pizzi + Chiesa or R. Neves?

Duo

4 hours ago, Nameless said:

Zaniolo or Reguilon?

Reguilon, Zaniolo injured for a long time and Reguilon settling in well at Tottenham, Real upgrade for Spurs at LB.

1 hour ago, Lost soul said:

Rank them-

A Maier(H Berlin)

Guendouzi(Arsenal)

E Elmas(Napoli)

N. Kulusevski( Juventus)

Kulusevski, Elmas, Guendouzi, Maier

1 hour ago, Lost soul said:

Also Rank

J. Kluivert (AS Roma)

J. David (Lille OSC)

A. Isak (Real Sociedad)

Moise Kean (Everton)

Isak, David, Kean/Kluivert

13 minutes ago, Mike0007 said:

What’s everyone’s thoughts about Michail Antonio? He’s in red hot form. Any chance he could get a rise? West ham is also looking good on the pitch as a team. I reckon if they’re in mid table, by the beginning of winter review, Antonio could rise?

Yeah I agree, he’s been in red hot form ever since the end of last season and the resumption of the Premier League after lockdown.

I think he’s been West Ham’s most important player above the likes of Declan Rice.

13 hours ago, rogerthat said:

Sean Klaiber of Ajax worth signing? Just joined Ajax recently, played 90 in their 13-0 thrashing. Was he brought in as a first choice rb or a back up?

Back-up to Mazraoui - who played second fiddle to Dest last season despite emerging in that CL semi final team. 

Klaiber should still be able to get 86 as he will get minutes.

14 hours ago, jaybee said:

Got a playoff final tomorrow night and my star player is on 84% fitness. Would you start him? I've looked at opposition and a lot of their top players are on even lower fitness.

Play him for 60/75 mins 

12 hours ago, Blucerchiato said:

M. Ginter + Depay for Icardi?

Yes

11 hours ago, crvena_zvezda said:

In a setup with an 85 rating limit for signing players. Who to sell from this lot? (This is my youth team).

Thanks in advance.

youth1.jpg

youth2.jpg

youth3.jpg

A lot of good players here - if you need cash I might suggest selling Pellegrini

8 hours ago, JBS said:

Pizzi + Chiesa or R. Neves?

Duo

5 hours ago, Nameless said:

Zaniolo or Reguilon?

Reguilon

I like Zaniolo but he has now injured his ACL for the second time (his other leg I think). It really sucks for him but who knows how he will come back. He didn't miss a lot of games last season due to the pandemic, but he didn't play a lot after coming back the first time. And now this... I feel sad for him.

2 hours ago, Lost soul said:

Rank them-

A Maier(H Berlin)

Guendouzi(Arsenal)

E Elmas(Napoli)

N. Kulusevski( Juventus)

Kulusevski, Elmas, Maier, Guendouzi

2 hours ago, Lost soul said:

Also Rank

J. Kluivert (AS Roma)

J. David (Lille OSC)

A. Isak (Real Sociedad)

Moise Kean (Everton)

Isak, David, Kluivert, Kean

15 minutes ago, Mike0007 said:

What’s everyone’s thoughts about Michail Antonio? He’s in red hot form. Any chance he could get a rise? West ham is also looking good on the pitch as a team. I reckon if they’re in mid table, by the beginning of winter review, Antonio could rise?

Yes I think he can get 89. Pretty fascinating player, despite so many high profile signings he has found a way to play a lot of minutes every season. According to Transfermarkt he has played in 9 diff positions. Class player.

20 minutes ago, Mike0007 said:

Yes Michail Antonio is only 88 and the cap is 90. I've watched him recently more than once  👀 and he has been playing brilliantly, inspiring his team. ATM he would definitely get 89 and if he carries on in this vein of form possibly 90! 

Only negative to a 90 rating could be SM's attitude towards "Older" players. Keep it up and don't get injured Michail😃

Injury update

Significant injury too because I know a lot of people have invested in this player.

Alphonso Davies (19) will miss between 6-8 weeks with a serious ankle injury, he left the pitch in tears after just 3 minutes in Bayern’s 5-0 win over Eintracht Frankfurt.

Negative - This will obviously stunt his growth this season especially in terms of SM, unlikely he will see a rise in the winter review.

Positive - After Hernandez’s battle with injuries in recent season’s hopefully he can now have a prolonged stretch in Bayern’s first team.

Wishing Davies a speedy recovery 💪🏻

11 hours ago, Kieran_S91 said:

Perrin, Collins, Johnston, Ferguson, Nejasmic.

You have such depth in certain positions for the future so I think you could afford to lose the players I’ve mentioned above.

If you need money I would probably think about selling Pellegrini, he’s not fancied at Juventus and currently on loan at Cagliari so unsure what’s going to happen in his future.

19 minutes ago, Sir Rahul said:

A lot of good players here - if you need cash I might suggest selling Pellegrini

Thanks guys. I need to reduce my wage bill, so selling those players you have named will be handy!

Strong Rumour has it Solskjaer's No: 1 target isn't Jadon Sancho but is Erling Haaland. 

Tho it will take a while as Dortmund had to include a Release clause in his contract for approx £70million in 2022 which Solskjaer has had approved by the Board in anticipation for 2022. 

Solskjaer has long since, made his case to the Board having managed Haaland at Molde and rates him very highly. However, the Board does understand it will take much more than the release clause in 2022 and are well prepared to meet Opposition Bids over £100million.

Nearest part vindication I can find recently of this rumour is here... 

https://talksport.com/football/771869/manchester-united-jadon-sancho-erling-haaland-targets/

14 hours ago, rogerthat said:

Sean Klaiber of Ajax worth signing? Just joined Ajax recently, played 90 in their 13-0 thrashing. Was he brought in as a first choice rb or a back up?

He's brought in as a back up. Mazraoui was Ajax' first choice in their 18/19 CL campaign, due to injuries and loss of form after that Dest got his breakthrough and that put Mazraoui on the bench for a while, but this season Mazraoui is back and first choice from the start. However, Mazraoui is not expected to be able play 90 minutes three times a week (yet), so Klaiber will get plenty of minutes and based on that and his transfer to Ajax he will most likely rise.

Personally I don't rate him, and I feel like the general sentiment among Ajax supporters is that he was only brought in because he worked with Ten Hag previously. But he was a decent player for Eredivisie standards so maybe he might improve some more. 

On 10/25/2020 at 9:46 AM, Soccahappy said:

SWIKI REPORT TODAY: A small continuation of Poland and  England Lower Tiers but It is the weekend so only 2 and a bit pages to account for you, BUT it surely Does Confirm DENMARK is to be reviewed in a few days thru to SM:-

DENMARK: Aarhus GF  10 players added (also Aarhus GF had 9 players added in October 2019 - so SM's 12month theme continues)😃

Other than this Poland had a remnant: Rakow Cszestochowa had 4 players added and...

England Lower TiersTorquay 5 players added

Liverpool had Kamal Grabara edited

Glad to see Denmark and the 12month theme continuing. Can U believe SM is being consistent for a change! 😲

Cheers Socca 😃  

SWIKI REPORT TODAY:  just 3 pages including a small continuation of Poland but also DENMARK!

Poland First ... Slask Wroclaw 11 players edited and 3 players edited each for Wisla Plock & Zaglebia Lubin.

DENMARK: FC Nordsjaelland 6 players edited and Aalborg 12 players edited 

Romania: Just a few, Stantu Gheorgh, 1 player edited Steau Bucuresti and Rapid Bucuresti  2 players each

Sorry for the delay today did type it earlier this morning but a Server Problem intervened and my post disappeared when I pressed SAVE but it was only 3 pages so no problem 😃

Will have a look at any obvious risers for Denmark above, Cheers Socca😃

11 minutes ago, Soccahappy said:

SWIKI REPORT TODAY:  just 3 pages including a small continuation of Poland but also DENMARK!

Poland First ... Slask Wroclaw 11 players edited and 3 players edited each for Wisla Plock & Zaglebia Lubin.

DENMARK: FC Nordsjaelland 6 players edited and Aalborg 12 players edited 

Romania: Just a few, Stantu Gheorgh, 1 player edited Steau Bucuresti and Rapid Bucuresti  2 players each

Sorry for the delay today did type it earlier this morning but a Server Problem intervened and my post disappeared when I pressed SAVE but it was only 3 pages so no problem 😃

Will have a look at any obvious risers for Denmark above, Cheers Socca😃

Some Danish risers including Nordsjaelland should be, Clinton Antwi, Isaac Atanga, Kamaldeen Sulemana, Tochi Chukwuani and Abu Francis although I don’t know the Danish league very well so wouldn’t like to make a prediction.

2 minutes ago, Lost soul said:

Can someone explain what are Swiki reports?

They basically tell you what teams/leagues are being edited and reviewed. Gives you a good indication of what players will get a rating change next so that you can prepare and buy risers.

Thats how I see it anyway.

Heres a link.

https://en.soccerwiki.org/wiki.php

30 minutes ago, Kev said:

I just noticed that this season's 'Check The Preds' fantasy football league only has 6 members. Does anyone have the code for it? Or know how to find the code so we can advertise it? I've looked all over https://fantasy.premierleague.com and can't figure out how to find the code so more can join 🤔

Oh, we has a new league created - the SM Forum league - we have 21 guys in it. Put the code up back in September.

3 hours ago, Lost soul said:

Rank them-

A Maier(H Berlin)

Guendouzi(Arsenal)

E Elmas(Napoli)

N. Kulusevski( Juventus)

Kulusevski

Elmas

Maier 

Guendouzi (really think he messed up his chances at a better career)

3 hours ago, Lost soul said:

Also Rank

J. Kluivert (AS Roma)

J. David (Lille OSC)

A. Isak (Real Sociedad)

Moise Kean (Everton)

David

Isak

Kluivert

Kean

1 hour ago, Mike0007 said:

I’d expect him to rise, not near the cap for West Ham and been arguably their best performing player since the restart.

22 minutes ago, Nameless said:

Is Adeyemi still worth holding onto or we have moved on to Daka?

Adeyemi has a good reputation but has only had 2 sub appearances each of 17mins so far this season for Red Bull Salzburg. That's 34 out of possible 450mins! 

Sekou Koita seems the man in possession with 4 goals and an assist so far and ...

of course Patson Daka with 307 mins 6goals and 1 assist!

Who knows what the future will bring but that's todays facts and it don't look good.

Ps Oh and the third attacker is Oakafor 304 mins and 1G

4 hours ago, Soccahappy said:

Yes Michail Antonio is only 88 and the cap is 90. I've watched him recently more than once  👀 and he has been playing brilliantly, inspiring his team. ATM he would definitely get 89 and if he carries on in this vein of form possibly 90! 

Only negative to a 90 rating could be SM's attitude towards "Older" players. Keep it up and don't get injured Michail😃

4 hours ago, Mike0007 said:

4 hours ago, Kieran_S91 said:

Yeah I agree, he’s been in red hot form ever since the end of last season and the resumption of the Premier League after lockdown.

I think he’s been West Ham’s most important player above the likes of Declan Rice.

As a WHU fan. Yes he has been our best player aslong side Soucek ,Coufal, Rice ,Fornals

Antonio makes the team work and gives us a attacking threat. You saw once he went off with a hamstring injury Vs Man city , we lost all our threat of scoring and had to hold onto a draw with the onslaught Man city were throwing at us. 

Haller isn't good enough for the Premier League with "us" Maybe another team would get the best out of him as he is slow and lazy. 

And Antonio is going under the scan in the next 48 hours to see the outcome of his injury. It's a recurring problem and I don't see him getting 89

But he is very underrated and I'm sure most prem defenders hate playing against him with his pure strength and speed and all the closing down he does . He seems a nightmare to face. He really brings the rest of the team together and into the game which is good as our players aren't bad as people make them out to be.