• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sir Rahul

• Kieran_S91

• Soccahappy

• Milanista1

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi all, As you have seen, I have not really been active over the past few months other than updating my preds. It's just been me phasing out of the forum. Now that the reviews are done, I can say

Just noticed this thread has crossed 1 million views, 23k odd replies, 930 pages.  I know this is 3 and a half years old but I never intended for this to monopolise the forum back then (I would h

Page 200- didn't think we'd get here when I started this casually- thanks all

Posted Images

Another impressive cameo by Alan Sonora (22) for Independiente.

Subbed on at 65 minutes
95.5% passing accuracy (21/22)
3 chances created
5 recoveries

Really pushing for a starting spot, definitely a player to keep an eye on.

SM rating - 73

Value - 300k

2 minutes ago, Emy Ionescu said:

Hello guys,

Should i give Riccardo Orsolini + Pau Torres for Kingsley Coman? 

Thanks!

Kingsley Coman 😊

1 hour ago, Soccahappy said:

Wow! TMCOSTA that's better than mine, much more detailed mate 😀 

I would say perhaps don't bother with the one's tho, makes a bigger job of it on a daily basis. Remember we are really just doing it to find When SM is about to review a country or two.

I looked for players in successive lines at least 2 or 3 and then counted the total in all the pages on that date. Might be as little as 3 pages on weekends and probably average 12+ pages during the rest of the week. Also look for what might be SM "Random Risers"

Ok Kieran has very kindly agreed to do tomorrows (U don't have to be as detailed). Then I'll do my last on Friday after which u can sort out which days U each do, between U both. Hope that is Ok???

Thank U Both, Very grateful Socca is VERY 😀

Hehhe no problem (1 time LOL). Hard stuff.

Tomorrow we will see if its mexico and uruguai turn.

‘Joe Gomez suffers potential serious injury while training on International duty’

From Sky sports news.

Bad news for Liverpool, their defence is getting decimated.

From an SM POV good news for managers out there who have Rhys Williams or Nathaniel Phillips.

On 11/1/2020 at 9:54 AM, Sir Rahul said:

Nathaniel Phillips (78) worth buying after his impressive performance yday. With van Dijk out, Matip always injured and Gomez' injury record not being that great either, he and Rhys Williams (73) should get good rises this season.

Joe Gomez potentially out for some time now. Alexander-Arnold out too. 

More minutes incoming for Neco Williams (80) at RB. CBs Nathaniel Phillips (78) and Rhys Williams (73) are primed for more minutes too. 

With Matip's injury record things are not looking good for Liverpool (even though the transfer window is not far off). 8 league games before Jan (including Leicester next, Wolves and Spurs) and three CL games. 

1 hour ago, TrueGooner14 said:

Jose Gaya or Renan Lodi? 

Lodi

Gaya has to leave the train wreck that is Valencia

1 hour ago, Emy Ionescu said:

Hello guys,

1. Should i give Riccardo Orsolini + Pau Torres for Kingsley Coman? 

2. What do you know about Marco Richter, i have him and i don't know if i must keep him :)

Coman

Not playing much this season, I'd sell

2 hours ago, Jose7 said:

Hello, i'm thinking of signing an external player but it says on his profile he has a 3 match domestic ban. if I sign him, will this mean he will be unavailable for me for the next 3 games?

Yes

2 hours ago, Mike0007 said:

Is getting Llorente plus De paul for Di maria a good deal for me?

Also, how do you guys rate Pedro Goncalves? 90+ Ceiling player? Heard a lot of good things about him.

Long term, yes

I think so

2 hours ago, Emy Ionescu said:

Hello guys,

1. Should i give Riccardo Orsolini + Pau Torres for Kingsley Coman? 

2. What do you know about Marco Richter, i have him and i don't know if i must keep him :)

1. He wants for Kingsley Coman, Victor Osimhen + Torres/Orsolini/Golovin.

What is your opinion, for me i think it's too much for that deal, even if i have a lot of young player on that positions.

Thanks!

1 hour ago, Sir Rahul said:

More minutes incoming for Neco Williams (80) at RB. CBs Nathaniel Phillips (78) and Rhys Williams (73) are primed for more minutes too. 

With Matip's injury record things are not looking good for Liverpool (even though the transfer window is not far off). 8 league games before Jan (including Leicester next, Wolves and Spurs) and three CL games. 

I put Neco williams in my Fantasy team by mistake (thought it ws R williams!) might turn out ok!

1 hour ago, Sir Rahul said:

Even with all these injuries I still think Liverpool will retain the title and probably win all 3 games you mentioned 😂

They are showing they have the sign of champions winning both Sheff United and West Ham after going behind in both games. I’ve had this feeling with Liverpool ever since they came second narrowly to Manchester City a couple of seasons back.

I think if Mane or Salah get injured then I would start to worry, but I’m not so my only worry is when will Steve Bruce start to have a game plan than have all 11 men sat behind the ball every game without a decent strategy to get out 😁

23 minutes ago, Emy Ionescu said:

1. He wants for Kingsley Coman, Victor Osimhen + Torres/Orsolini/Golovin.

What is your opinion, for me i think it's too much for that deal, even if i have a lot of young player on that positions.

Thanks!

Not worth in my opinion unless you gave him Orsolini and Golovin, I’m guessing that’s not an option though.

Updates for Premiership Review below:-

Previous tables on pages 777, 779, 780, 781, 782, 783, 784.785,786,787, 788, 789, 790, 791,792,793, 794,795,796,797,798,799,800,801,803,804,805.806,807,808,810,811,812,813,814.816,817,818,819,821,822,823,824,825,8826,827,828,829,830,831.832,833,834,835.836,837,839,841,842,844,845,855,856,857.860,864,866, 867.868,871,872,873,875,876,877,878,880,914,955,988. 1003,1008,1016, 1023.1026,1030, 1032,1042, 1045, 1047, 1055 , 1057, 1060, 1063, 1065, 1068, 1082, 1083, 1085, 1087, 1089, 1092, 1095, 1098, 1103,1106,1109,1118 ,1121, 1124 1126, 1132, 1138, 1141, 1147, 1152, 1153, 1155, 1157, 1158,1159 , 1160 , 1161,1163, 1165, 1169, 1174,1175,1176, 1180, 1187,  1189, 1197, 1210, 1211, 1212,1222, 1225, 1226,1227, 1236, 1239, 1240,NEW SEASON 1294 1303, 1306Prem   Be careful of the Reddish boxes where the higher rated players are more inclined towards performances rather than stats.

Minutes will vary game by game and league position also helps a lot. Anything over 0% indicates likely riser, higher the better/safer. Negative percentages don't predict a drop just less chances of a rise. The more games played the more accurate the predictions will become.

I am concentrating mainly on Younger under 89 rated players as these are more consistent risers and more profitable, Goal keepers are dealt with by SM in a completely different way, which is why I mostly also ignore Gk's 

Wolves-Totten-Shef-USpd-Sht-Premi2.png

To explain the Over0% rating and how It's relatively easy for such as Tanganga who hasn't played a single minute yet, to get a rise if he does. Basically it's because as soon as he starts getting stats, he scores highly for these stats as he is only SM rated 80 and plays for Tottenham who have a squad cap of 95 and are a highly rated Premiership Elite club. 

If he was playing for Millwall say, then he would lose out on a lot of these, lets call them bonus's. To start with Millwall are in the championship and have a cap of Maximum 85 whereas Tottenham are in the Premiership 90 as standard and 95 in their case (Kane at 95). There is much more to the formula's but are more complex to explain. Wait and see if Tanganga when fit soon gets his stats and rises quickly. BTW we are only 8 games into the season and this can make things volatile until more games are played up to the Review time.

Thanks for the interest and support for the Spreadsheet, which is greatly appreciated, Cheers Socca 😀

3 hours ago, TrueGooner14 said:

Jose Gaya or Renan Lodi? 

Renan Lodi

20 minutes ago, Lost soul said:

Seen a lot of injuries recently, serious injuries...Zaniola, Van Djik, Kimmich, Alphonso Davis, Ansu Fati, F. Valvarde...😳 Now Gomez?

Yeah it does seem strange I would suspect that some injuries are due to fixture congestion others purely down to idiocy (Pickford) 😂

@LauraAFCA

Mario Hermoso, plays for the better club and I don’t see Diop rising at West Ham.

30 minutes ago, Lost soul said:

Seen a lot of injuries recently, serious injuries...Zaniola, Van Djik, Kimmich, Alphonso Davis, Ansu Fati, F. Valvarde...😳 Now Gomez?

It's only to be expected, the more stress the body receives particularly on a repetitive basis the more it tires till something snaps.

When I played Amateur football many decades ago just Saturdays and trained for a couple of hours on Thursday Evening I played for 16seasons without any injury whatsoever, other than "Dead Leg" which I played through, oh and a broken nose, which I straightened myself - Ouch!. Very rarely did any of my teamates get injured either.

I do remember a broken Leg tho but won't go into that too much, he shouldn't have been drinking the night before til very late should he? He would have tackled a Brick Wall if Manager had asked that day. Maybe he did! 😝

On 5/27/2020 at 12:06 PM, Sir Rahul said:

Just noticed this thread has crossed 1 million views, 23k odd replies, 930 pages. 

I know this is 3 and a half years old but I never intended for this to monopolise the forum back then (I would have thought of a better name otherwise!)

Glad to have this as a space for all managers to come. Although I didn't know it at the time, the forum had regressed too much to have multiple threads, individual league threads. At a certain point the quality got spread out, coupled with the forum interface update a lot of the big guys left.

I think this has helped keep the forum alive, and I'm happy to have helped as it is nice to have somewhere to discuss the game and football. 

With over 10 years in the game and forum, i am a witness of your constant work and how you honed your skill at predicting to match almost perfection. This thread is so massive because of you. Keep it going broski! 

12 minutes ago, ombarcagunners said:

Selling Zaniolo? I have Valverde, Kulusevski, Aouar, Odegaard, Tonali and Mason Mount.

Selling Vinicius Junior? I have Sancho, Mbappé, Pulisic, Ferran, Ansu Fati and Rodrygo.

YESSSS!

YESSSS!

10 minutes ago, LauraAFCA said:

My main doubt was that I'm not sure if Hermoso will rise much if he doesn't become a regular, while Diop might not rise at West Ham but he seems to have potential to take another step long term.

Possible, wish I had a crystal ball for these situations 😂

Hermoso is rotation at Atleti but I would still see that as being better than a regular at West Ham even though Diop isn’t through circumstances I don’t know injury/out of favour etc.

I believe Declan Rice is the only lucky soul to rise to 90 at West Ham too.

If you believe Diop has more potential and therefore is the reason you like him more then I guess you’ve answered your on question 😊