Rahul W's rating predictions

SWIKI REPORT (16/11/20)

Another slow day again with only 3 and half pages, makes my life easier but I really want SM to get on to reviewing the MLS.

The Netherlands 🇳🇱 (Eerste Divisie)

7 players edited FC Eindhoven and 15 players edited FC Oss

Czech Republic 🇨🇿

12 players edited 1 FK Pribram and 5 players edited MFK Karvina

Also a number of single edits from teams such as De Graafschap, Fotbal Trinec, UNAM, Ostersunds FK, KFCO Beerschot Wilrijk and Fortuna Sittard

Thats all for now guys

Cheers Kieran 😀

• Replies 38.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sir Rahul

• Kieran_S91

• Soccahappy

• Milanista1

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi all, As you have seen, I have not really been active over the past few months other than updating my preds. It's just been me phasing out of the forum. Now that the reviews are done, I can say

Just noticed this thread has crossed 1 million views, 23k odd replies, 930 pages.  I know this is 3 and a half years old but I never intended for this to monopolise the forum back then (I would h

Page 200- didn't think we'd get here when I started this casually- thanks all

Posted Images

On 11/14/2020 at 10:37 AM, Sir Rahul said:

Like Greenwood's? or Rashford's? Come on lol.

I wouldn't say Greenwood has a proper career yet. He is still a long way from performing at the level required to be an established player and his conduct isn't helping him much. So much so that Mata is getting the nod over him tells us a lot isn't it? I argue that the make or break for a young player with bags of talent is coaching. Coaching not just to improve his skills (which Greenwood has plenty) but how to be a professional footballer where discipline and professionalism is a huge part of it. 

Rashford is probably the only one who looked decent as a starter at United but he is not the top tier talent who can make things happen out of the ordinary (i.e. the Salah level of pulling things out of the bag from nowhere). And no, McTominay is more of a rotational player and can't even get into Scotland's national team.

Look past 3 players and Henderson, who has really come through from the United youth set up in the past decade that really made a difference at United or even top flight football in general?

4 hours ago, Mike0007 said:

Eric Garcia plus Amad Traore (soon to be United player) for Jude Bellingham? 
Which side of the deal is better?

I'll say Jude.

10 hours ago, JAMancini said:

Kounde or Joe Gomez?

I'll keep Gomez for now.

9 hours ago, TCLVikerz said:

Will Joao Cancelo get downgrade? Idk, read somewhere that Pep doesn't rate him.

He is just get available in my GW. He will be starter for me but with the EPL reviews around the corner, I'm unsure.

Nah, don't think so. Playing pretty good so far this year although at LB.

On 11/8/2020 at 9:16 PM, Soccahappy said:

Grealish just took Arsenal apart in the 2nd half. I know a few who don't rate him but he should be playing for England every match for me. He is special to my mind. Arsenal 0 -3 Aston Villa, 3rd goal Grealish runs out of his own half to tee-up Watkins! Watch the 2nd half on Match of the day if U can!

Well it's nice to be proved right so quickly....

"Asked if there were any positives to take from the game, Cole said: ‘Yes, his name is Jack Grealish. Expanding on the point, Redknapp said: ‘It’s been a long time since I’ve watched an England game and I’ve found myself watching a certain individual where you’re thinking, ‘please get the ball to him’. "

https://metro.co.uk/2020/11/15/jack-grealish-earns-praise-from-ashley-cole-and-jamie-redknapp-after-englands-defeat-to-belgium-13599469/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZV0Nu2eii4

On 11/8/2020 at 9:25 PM, Hfazil said:

You mean Southgate? 

and Southgate must have read my post too 😆

What a game he had last night, best display of one player in an England shirt in ages, wow!

Congrats to Belgium too on their win 2-0

4 minutes ago, Soccahappy said:

"Asked if there were any positives to take from the game, Cole said: ‘Yes, his name is Jack Grealish. Expanding on the point, Redknapp said: ‘It’s been a long time since I’ve watched an England game and I’ve found myself watching a certain individual where you’re thinking, ‘please get the ball to him’. "

https://metro.co.uk/2020/11/15/jack-grealish-earns-praise-from-ashley-cole-and-jamie-redknapp-after-englands-defeat-to-belgium-13599469/

What a game he had last night, best display of one player in an England shirt in ages, wow!

On 10/15/2020 at 9:10 AM, Kieran_S91 said:

Awful mate, Harry Maguire needs a break or something. Touch like a baby Elephant, making rash challenges on the half way line not good enough at the minute.

We are just too defensive for me, I don’t see the need for 3 CB’s and 2 CDM’s against Denmark who even when we went down to 10 men didn’t offer much attacking wise.

Grealish needs to play especially when the team is lacking creativity. Has a blinder against Wales but then doesn’t see a single minute in the next 2 games.

We won’t be winning anything any time soon 😂

Advantage Belgium.

Just wish he would of read my post before the Denmark game which we lost also 😂

26 minutes ago, RoyLeo said:

Rashford is probably the only one who looked decent as a starter at United but he is not the top tier talent who can make things happen out of the ordinary (i.e. the Salah level of pulling things out of the bag from nowhere).

Salah (28) - Rashford (23) I personally wouldn’t of said that Salah was a top tier talent at 23.

Don’t get me wrong Salah was doing well for Roma in Italy but it wasn’t till he joined Liverpool that his game just went to another level.

I think Salah joined at the age of around 25/26 which is when players of his type start to fulfil their potential, I would probably say 26-29 is where a winger is playing at maximum ability or hit their peak. You don’t see many players after 29 kick on even more unless you’re talking about Messi/Ronaldo of course.

25 minutes ago, Soccahappy said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZV0Nu2eii4

Oof, I guess it must be a mistake for me to sell him. Just checked him, 4 interested clubs! I don't think it will be easy to rebuy him 😅

10 hours ago, TCLVikerz said:

He is just get available in my GW. He will be starter for me but with the EPL reviews around the corner, I'm unsure.

No TCLV

7 hours ago, hoochy koochy said:

Taa? Even with injury? I know this is just the formula but wondering if the LPOOL players in high 90s will get rises (Salah mane et al) 

henderson due a rise from previous review surely ? Thiughts 

How did I miss TAA never mind Henderson as well. I'll add them both in Hooch! 

'll be doing Brighton hopefully this week. Leeds and Leicester to Upload between 5 and 6pm tonight. In a bit of a swing now hopefully try to post most week days at this time.

6 minutes ago, TCLVikerz said:

Oof, I guess it must be a mistake for me to sell him. Just checked him, 4 interested clubs! I don't think it will be easy to rebuy him 😅

I missed out on him in one GW but will bid Max on him when Transfer Ban ends like you. Good luck to us both 🙏

12 hours ago, JAMancini said:

Kounde or Joe Gomez?

Kounde

10 hours ago, TCLVikerz said:

He is playing now so no

9 hours ago, JBS said:

That is a lot for Alberto

5 hours ago, Mike0007 said:

Eric Garcia plus Amad Traore (soon to be United player) for Jude Bellingham? 
Which side of the deal is better?

Bellingham

3 hours ago, topofthebilly said:

What could Aaron Connolly possibly get in the next PL review ? +1 to 83 ?

83/84

1 hour ago, Kieran_S91 said:

Wow! Albania score and from the resulting kick off Kazakstan score from the halfway 😂

wow hahaha

1 hour ago, RoyLeo said:

I wouldn't say Greenwood has a proper career yet. He is still a long way from performing at the level required to be an established player and his conduct isn't helping him much. So much so that Mata is getting the nod over him tells us a lot isn't it? I argue that the make or break for a young player with bags of talent is coaching. Coaching not just to improve his skills (which Greenwood has plenty) but how to be a professional footballer where discipline and professionalism is a huge part of it. 

Rashford is probably the only one who looked decent as a starter at United but he is not the top tier talent who can make things happen out of the ordinary (i.e. the Salah level of pulling things out of the bag from nowhere). And no, McTominay is more of a rotational player and can't even get into Scotland's national team.

Look past 3 players and Henderson, who has really come through from the United youth set up in the past decade that really made a difference at United or even top flight football in general?

Conduct? I don't put much faith in all the media reports. He had that Iceland mistake yes, but otherwise it's been a rough time for him? Read his close friend committed suicide. He's only 18. There's no need to rush him.

As Kieran said, Rashford is still 23. Salah made the step up in quality once he moved to Liverpool around 25/26. 

Agreed last few years have been bad - Mourinho ignored the academy and the general approach towards academy under his time was bad - but before that it was alright. Plenty of players in lower EPL teams / Championship teams. Compare that to the other big teams in England? Apart from this recent crop who's there?

1 hour ago, RoyLeo said:

I'll say Jude.

I'll keep Gomez for now.

Nah, don't think so. Playing pretty good so far this year although at LB.

McTominay is a regular in the Scotland team. He is currently first choice playing at centre back in a back 3.

International football in 2020 is crazy. See this:

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/romania-vs-norway-cancelled-covid-19-uefa-nations-league-match-b70551.html

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/norway-b-team-to-face-austria-nations-league-coronavirus-b71214.html

Only 5 of the above 18 have been capped internationally before (in bold). 

Bratveit (82), Kristiansen (78); Hanche-Olsen (80), Gabrielsen (82), Granli (78), Vindheim (82), Ryerson (78), Skjelvik (82); Borkeeiet (78), Askildsen (76), Ulvestad (83), Thorstvedt (82), Tronstad (80), Daehli (83), Evjen (82), Zahid (83); Strand Larsen (78), Berisha (82). 

A Norway side brimming with young talent has been reduced to calling up overseas-based players + Berisha for a big game. If they beat Austria they get promoted to League A. Tough ask. 

1 hour ago, riccardopc said:

valverde or odegaard in long term vlutation. thanks

Valverde

10 minutes ago, RHugrakkur said:

Bastoni + Bellerin or Soyuncu + Mukiele?

Soyuncu + Mukiele.

I do prefer Bastoni over Soyuncu but I just like the look of Soyuncu and Mukiele over the other 2.

No chance of Bastoni and Mukiele? I’m guessing not 

3 hours ago, Soccahappy said:

No TCLV

How did I miss TAA never mind Henderson as well. I'll add them both in Hooch! 

'll be doing Brighton hopefully this week. Leeds and Leicester to Upload between 5 and 6pm tonight. In a bit of a swing now hopefully try to post most week days at this time.

I missed out on him in one GW but will bid Max on him when Transfer Ban ends like you. Good luck to us both 🙏

Are you going to do the rest of Ligue 1 too? Interested to see what predictions you have there.

25 minutes ago, Sir Rahul said:

Hmm, I think the first two based on potential but it's close

24 minutes ago, Kieran_S91 said:

Valverde

Soyuncu + Mukiele.

I do prefer Bastoni over Soyuncu but I just like the look of Soyuncu and Mukiele over the other 2.

No chance of Bastoni and Mukiele? I’m guessing not 

Let me see what I can do. Thanks guys 😉

19 hours ago, Soccahappy said:

Very Similar on stats:-

Dumfries 24/89 540mins out of 720 for PSV in 3rd 2pts behind Ajax

Mazraoui 23/88 547mins out of 720 for Ajax in 1st 2pts ahead of PSV

Dumfries is probably capped at present rating, Mazraoui can rise if he keeps it up. Positionally similar of course. So does the 88 with a good chance of a rise make the difference. I've not seen either of them play but Mazraoui missed a lot of minutes last season mainly thru injury.

BTW to All:  Pet Schuurs has more minutes than both of them so far this season with 571mins. Has he finally broke thru at Ajax?? Certainly in for a rise from 82 if he continues to possibly 85. @LauraAFCA Can U tell us Laura??? And of course re Rhugrakkur Question above??

Thanks for @ing me Socca, I'll gladly fill in the blanks. 

On Perr Schuurs, he is definitely the first choice next to Blind atm. However, he must also be the most debated player in the Netherlands at the moment. It's a make or break season for him, the coach and staff at Ajax have a lot of confidence in him, but his main problem is that he still continues to have defensive flaws despite being a more solid player overall. Obviously as a central defender that's a problem. So he will have to fix that, but in his defense he has a lot of qualities and potential, and so many great Dutch defenders started out with making these types of mistakes in their early years. Personally I think he has a lot of potential and I'd give him the benefit of the doubt at the moment. However, a lot of people disagree and he does really have to start performing more solid in the coming season. Based on minutes he will definitely rise, he will also remain first choice for this season I'm sure, but for his long term potential it seems very 50/50. 

Concerning @RHugrakkur's question, I'm biased towards Mazraoui, even tho I never considered him most likely to stand out at Ajax. Based on his minutes he will/can rise, but I'm not sure on a next step for him. He needs to establish himself more long term at Ajax I think, before that is even an option. Dumfries on the other hand has been a steady starter for PSV and the national team, and he seems more likely to make a transfer short term. If it wasn't for Corona, I would have expected him to make a transfer last summer. So far, his career has been going straight up, each step he surprised with his quick adaption and progress. So that is promising for what he will do next, but he is. considered mostly a hard working player rather than a gifted talent, so to say. For me the choice would be Mazraoui on potential, but Dumfries might be the more wise choice at the moment for being higher rated and steady at that rating for sure.

12 hours ago, hoochy koochy said:

Taa? Even with injury? I know this is just the formula but wondering if the LPOOL players in high 90s will get rises (Salah mane et al) 

henderson due a rise from previous review surely ? Thiughts 

I misread your post earlier and thought I'd missed these 2.

Hooch I think u understand that all the red box predictions show is their stats and SM do higher rated players on performances not stats. If u watch Liverpool u will get a better idea than the stats. I only added these because people asked me to.

Re Henderson I may be wrong but I believe that SM are more likely to stick to their previous view even tho I don't agree with them now, as I also didn't then. I've seen previously more examples of this than the opposite. Still a chance tho.

Cheers Socca 😀