• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sir Rahul

• Kieran_S91

• Soccahappy

• Milanista1

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi all, As you have seen, I have not really been active over the past few months other than updating my preds. It's just been me phasing out of the forum. Now that the reviews are done, I can say

Just noticed this thread has crossed 1 million views, 23k odd replies, 930 pages.  I know this is 3 and a half years old but I never intended for this to monopolise the forum back then (I would h

Page 200- didn't think we'd get here when I started this casually- thanks all

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Kev said:

I'm feeling tempted... although I'm struggling a bit for time. It would be nice to be in a GW with other forum members though. 

I just joined your Anglo-Italian league and I already almost repented. Time flies. :)

2 hours ago, Kieran_S91 said:

Bro I have 15 out of 15 clubs, you can’t ask me to leave one of my projects? 😉😂

Well, think I even bought a pack of +5 gameworlds just to join this one! Not saying this was the wises choice I made and that other should do the same, but maybe you have some less interesting project to ditch for this! ;)

2 hours ago, thorgan lesar said:

Where do you find this time for such many teams ? :D;) 

@Kieran_S91 (15 clubs) @jaybee (32 clubs). Don't know about others.

I managed 7 teams and that was already enough for me. :D 

Now 5 teams. :) 

I have 7 now, too. I think it's too many for me, especially with the upcoming GW!

1 hour ago, Soccahappy said:

Good Luck everybody but I just haven't time I'm afraid, all-out to get all the clubs and new players, loans, up to date stats, into the spreadsheet.

A new club takes a lot of thinking and planning time. Particularly against such fierce competition and of course the likes of Sir and Kieran and Thorgan and jaybee will be giving out more hints and tips to everybody.

I can see Sir saying " Well I think u should buy Lewandowski because he could really give my defence the "collywobbles" and make sure u ...... etc etc. Madness!.... I tell U it's Madness!!  😄 😵

I feel you. I have even thought of quitting SM and just do my predictions, which is the funniest part of the game! :D

I, instead, can see someone here saying: " You should but Rabiot, he's the best player in the whole universe!"

1 hour ago, Hfazil said:

In a Game World full of forumers, it would be a big achievement to win trophies!

No pressure. :D

58 minutes ago, Kev said:

I'm think that all of a sudden the people who post predictions here will suddenly be making false predictions so you don't end up with 30 people suddenly bidding on the same players! Thorgan won't post new talents until after he's bought them, Rahul will post his preds after he's bought the biggest risers himself 😉

Haha I will continue with mine as they are, since I can hardly ever guess any predictions right! :(

12 minutes ago, Kieran_S91 said:

I would quite like the idea of a draft style league similar to American Football but I don’t know if that’s possible or how it would work for that matter OR if people have the appetite for that. 

I would consider joining a league like this.

Seems interesting. How exactly were you thinking it could work?

PS: Thanks everybody for this conversation, it made my day! :D

4 minutes ago, jaybee said:

I play in quite a few gameworlds where you start of with empty squads. They tend to work out well as long as managers manage their budget ok and end up with enough players to fill their squad.

Could you please explain how it works? Do all players start as free agents?!

And you can trust the forum members to buy players wisely😉

2 minutes ago, Lost soul said:

For this you really need trustworthy mangers. People will have a set amount of money to spend, but people can exploit that. For example... spend all the money on 11 great players. The minimum squad number is 21... so if a manager doesn't buy 21 players before the first league game, the chairman will fill the squad, and these players won't come out of your budget. Essentially you get them for free. They won't be big, high rated players, but you still get them for free. So with empty squads you really have to ensure that every manager buys 21 players before the first league game so no one has an unfair advantage. 

4 minutes ago, Kev said:

For this you really need trustworthy mangers. People will have a set amount of money to spend, but people can exploit that. For example... spend all the money on 11 great players. The minimum squad number is 21... so if a manager doesn't buy 21 players before the first league game, the chairman will fill the squad, and these players won't come out of your budget. Essentially you get them for free. They won't be big, high rated players, but you still get them for free. So with empty squads you really have to ensure that every manager buys 21 players before the first league game so no one has an unfair advantage. 

Hopefully everyone here is trustworthy, but is there a way to know if anybody is getting players for free, after spending all their cash? If yes, then Jaybee can remove them from the world. Anybody who fails to get 21 players on their own,  intentional foul play or not, could be removed, no benefit of doubt given...

20 minutes ago, Patron said:

Vladen Yurchenko (Zorya) +4 to 82?

thanks 

Think Ukraine review is done and dusted 

52 minutes ago, Kieran_S91 said:

I would quite like the idea of a draft style league similar to American Football if people have the appetite for that. 

I would consider joining a league like this.

@Lost soul Thank you for the information 😊

Me too

4 minutes ago, Lost soul said:

Hopefully everyone here is trustworthy, but is there a way to know if anybody is getting players for free, after spending all their cash? If yes, then Jaybee can remove them from the world. Anybody who fails to get 21 players on their own,  intentional foul play or not, could be removed, no benefit of doubt given...

Yes, if a manager doesn't get 21 players (including two GKs) then the chairman buys them... and you can see this by looking at the 'all transfers' list. You can easily see the free players that way. Not sure you're able to remove managers from a GW yet though...

7 minutes ago, Lost soul said:

Hopefully everyone here is trustworthy, but is there a way to know if anybody is getting players for free, after spending all their cash? If yes, then Jaybee can remove them from the world.

You can't kick people out. There was a guy in our GW who wouldn't follow the rules and the owner couldn't anything about it. He finally left after destroying the team 

27 minutes ago, Patron said:

Vladen Yurchenko (Zorya) +4 to 82?

thanks 

Very good shout! I will check if he got an update through Swiki.

27 minutes ago, gyanthecat said:

I just joined your Anglo-Italian league and I already almost repented. Time flies. :)

Well, think I even bought a pack of +5 gameworlds just to join this one! Not saying this was the wises choice I made and that other should do the same, but maybe you have some less interesting project to ditch for this! ;)

I have 7 now, too. I think it's too many for me, especially with the upcoming GW!

I feel you. I have even thought of quitting SM and just do my predictions, which is the funniest part of the game! :D

I, instead, can see someone here saying: " You should but Rabiot, he's the best player in the whole universe!"

No pressure. :D

Haha I will continue with mine as they are, since I can hardly ever guess any predictions right! :(

Seems interesting. How exactly were you thinking it could work?

PS: Thanks everybody for this conversation, it made my day! :D

Well I haven’t thought it through 😂

But maybe a thread could be opened on the forum and the managers with the least reputation in game or on the forum get first pick and so on.

Maximum amount of 85+ players (X) amount

Maximum of 80+ players (X) amount

Maximum of 75+ players (X) amount

And so on until teams have 25+ players etc.

6 minutes ago, Sir Rahul said:

Think Ukraine review is done and dusted 

Me too

Zorya was in the soccerwiki edits a few days back.

8 minutes ago, Lost soul said:

4 minutes ago, Kev said:

Yes, if a manager doesn't get 21 players (including two GKs) then the chairman buys them... and you can see this by looking at the 'all transfers' list. You can easily see the free players that way. Not sure you're able to remove managers from a GW yet though...

Yeah unfortunately there is no option for League admin to remove a manager.

26 minutes ago, Kieran_S91 said:

Very good shout! I will check if he got an update through Swiki.

But maybe a thread could be opened on the forum and the managers with the least reputation in game or on the forum get first pick and so on.

And so on until teams have 25+ players etc.

Zorya was in the soccerwiki edits a few days back.

Nice, I was thinking about the other way around, give priority to you guys with the highest reputation. :)

Apart from that, I am in a couple of GWs which have a very interesting rule: before the season starts, you are allowed to have only 3x active bids at the same time, so you have to think wisely of which players you want to sign. This way, you prevent managers from bidding on 30+ players at the same time and maybe get lucky and win most of them. When one bid is concluded (either accepted or rejected), you can go on and bid on some other player, but never more than 3x at the same time. I'd like to see a rule like this in this forumers' gameworld.

But you're right, maybe it's better if somebody opened a new thread and discuss this topic over there, to avoid spamming here. :) 

8 minutes ago, Kieran_S91 said:

And so on until teams have 25+ players etc

As a new member of both the game and forum, I like this idea😂

But it would take ages for the entire draft to take place even if everyone is active, not sure if we could finish the draft before game 1...And if anyone doesn't pay heed and buys players on their own, it'd mess it up...

27 minutes ago, gyanthecat said:

Nice, I was thinking about the other way around, give priority to you guys with the highest reputation. :)

Apart from that, I am in a couple of GWs which have a very interesting rule: before the season starts, you are allowed to have only 3x active bids at the same time, so you have to think wisely of which players you want to sign. This way, you prevent managers from bidding on 30+ players at the same time and maybe get lucky and win most of them. When one bid is concluded (either accepted or rejected), you can go on and bid on some other player, but never more than 3x at the same time. I'd like to see a rule like this in this forumers' gameworld.

But you're right, maybe it's better if somebody opened a new thread and discuss this topic over there, to avoid spamming here. :) 

Generally the people/managers with the most reputation on here are the more experienced for example Socca and Rahul who are the leading prediction makers for the past several years.

Thats the reason for my thought process behind the managers with the least experience to go first. It’s like American Football in real life, the team with the worst record get first pick the following season to get the best rookies. In a bid to level the playing field. It’s something to discuss I guess 😊

That is a good idea regarding the 3x bids at any one time. Once the draft has finished I guess you wouldn’t need to buy many more players apart from prospects or golden oldies.

Having said that I have a decent amount of reputation on here but I ain’t the best manager 😂

26 minutes ago, Lost soul said:

As a new member of both the game and forum, I like this idea😂

But it would take ages for the entire draft to take place even if everyone is active, not sure if we could finish the draft before game 1...And if anyone doesn't pay heed and buys players on their own, it'd mess it up...

My pleasure 😂

If we had a thread I think it could be pretty successful, the draft could take place on the forum before the game world starts.

Italian Review for Milanista below:-

Previous tables on pages 777, 779, 780, 781, 782, 783, 784.785,786,787, 788, 789, 790, 791,792,793, 794,795,796,797,798,799,800,801,803,804,805.806,807,808,810,811,812,813,814.816,817,818,819,821,822,823,824,825,8826,827,828,829,830,831.832,833,834,835.836,837,839,841,842,844,845,855,856,857.860,864,866, 867.868,871,872,873,875,876,877,878,880,914,955,988. 1003,1008,1016, 1023.1026,1030, 1032,1042, 1045, 1047, 1055 , 1057, 1060, 1063, 1065, 1068, 1082, 1083, 1085, 1087, 1089, 1092, 1095, 1098, 1103,1106,1109,1118 ,1121, 1124 1126, 1132, 1138, 1141, 1147, 1152, 1153, 1155, 1157, 1158,1159 , 1160 , 1161,1163, 1165, 1169, 1174,1175,1176, 1180, 1187,  1189, 1197, 1210, 1211, 1212,1222, 1225, 1226,1227, 1236, 1239, 1240,NEW SEASON 1294 1303, 1307, 1309Prem , 1311P, 1316P  1318P, 1321P,  1323P, 1327Milan Be careful of the Reddish boxes where the higher rated players are more inclined towards performances rather than stats.

Minutes will vary game by game and league position also helps a lot. Anything over 0% indicates likely riser, higher the better/safer. Negative percentages don't predict a drop just less chances of a rise. The more games played the more accurate the predictions will become.

I am concentrating mainly on Younger under 89 rated players as these are more consistent risers and more profitable, Goal keepers are dealt with by SM in a completely different way, which is why I mostly also ignore Gk's 

Sp-Sht-Predi-Ct-Milan1.png

Congratulations to Milanista For supporting Milan and being the No: 1 Team in Italy at this point in time. For how long will it last? One never knows. but at least this post will now be here Frozen in Time 🥶, even tho things might change this very weekend it will here remain... Well played Mr Milanista for supporting the best team in Italy, hurrah! @Milanista1

58 minutes ago, Kev said:

1 hour ago, Lost soul said:

@jaybee

Stop putting ideas in their heads Kev!

It's custom GW so nobody should be doing anything of such. 

@jaybeelook at the reputations of the managers if you have doubt and ask Kev. Since he runs GWs he will know many managers and will probably fill you in. 

Anyway once the managers are locked in we will all discuss and agree to the rules. So there shouldn't be any problem.

13 minutes ago, Kieran_S91 said:

Generally the people/managers with the most reputation on here are the more experienced for example Socca and Rahul who are the leading prediction makers for the past several years.

Thats the reason for my thought process behind the managers with the least experience to go first. It’s like American Football in real life, the team with the worst record get first pick the following season to get the best rookies. In a bid to level the playing field. It’s something to discuss I guess 😊

That is a good idea regarding the 3x bids at any one time. Once the draft has finished I guess you wouldn’t need to buy many more players apart from prospects or golden oldies.

Having said that I have a decent amount of reputation on here but I ain’t the best manager 😂

My pleasure 😂

If we had a thread I think it could be pretty successful, the draft could take place on the forum before the game world starts.

The reputation which should matter is the in-game reputation and not the one in forum. 

@jaybee I think you should already open a thread and start discussing the rules and set-up. Some might drop if there are too many rules and they have less time, others may not simply like it and also helps you attract managers once everything is set. 

I personally hope it's not like T100. There are rules when one should breathe in and breathe out. 

8 minutes ago, Nameless said:

The reputation which should matter is the in-game reputation and not the one in forum. 

@jaybee I think you should already open a thread and start discussing the rules and set-up. Some might drop if there are too many rules and they have less time, others may not simply like it and also helps you attract managers once everything is set. 

I personally hope it's not like T100. There are rules when one should breathe in and breathe out. 

Yeah that’s fair Jaybee should get everyones rep from SM or we could all post are rep (No lies)

The draft should take place before the game world opens, I think Lost soul mentioned it might take too long to do the draft after it opens which could lead to teams not having enough players come the opening day of the league.

Ive never done or participated in a draft so I’m kinda walking into this blind I’ve merely suggested a draft style league 😂

29 minutes ago, Kieran_S91 said:

My pleasure 😂

Honestly I prefer to be last in a snake draft so that you can get two picks in a row 

16 minutes ago, Nameless said:

T100 rules are pretty alright mate