• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sir Rahul

• Kieran_S91

• Soccahappy

• Milanista1

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi all, As you have seen, I have not really been active over the past few months other than updating my preds. It's just been me phasing out of the forum. Now that the reviews are done, I can say

Just noticed this thread has crossed 1 million views, 23k odd replies, 930 pages.  I know this is 3 and a half years old but I never intended for this to monopolise the forum back then (I would h

Page 200- didn't think we'd get here when I started this casually- thanks all

Posted Images

On 1/20/2021 at 12:44 PM, Kieran_S91 said:

I agree we will have to wait and see. Long term potential of a player is always based on opinion. Werner was insane for Leipzig and I feel like he’s not just become a bad player overnight. Werner has been disappointing this season but so have Chelsea. Both Havertz and Werner have really struggled to adapt.

By the way Werner is Chelsea’s top goalscorer in all competitions, never knew this till I looked it up. Not that this is anything to brag about because he’s only scored 9 goals.

lol wow I would've never thought he was top scorer for them. I want Havertz to improve, I still think he's a talent. Maybe if a new manager comes by they'll play better.

2 hours ago, Nameless said:

@Kieran_S91 @Sir Rahul 

Regarding positional change I always thought a player didn't need a 'X' amount of matches under their belt but only a visible awareness that a player can play in those positions. 

Have either of you nailed it when a player gets positional change?

I think it's just soccer wiki users who add/remove positions when they notice something irl. Players playing in unusual positions (midfielder up front, like Llorente), or midfielders in defence/full-back. But I wonder if it's something regularly looked at. Personally I feel position changes should be more dynamic (just because a player plays a couple of games in a different position doesn't mean they should have the role in game - using Ocampos as a RB is just weird).

You are right about visible awareness.

Koke has played 7 games at DM this season (10 out of 500+ games) - and he's gotten it today. 

Gignac became a pure F(C) today which makes sense, he only has 20 appearances there all his career out of 500+ games - but why today? Random as always.

1 hour ago, jaybee said:

All the char about Fer Nino, do people rate him more than Yeremi Pino? Both seem to have made a decent impact at Villarreal this season 

No idea about both tbh

1 hour ago, Id rather be in SW19 said:

Hi, my lamptey and Wirtz and shed loads of cash for Upacamo? He is level 4 concerns at his current team.

I also have Wes fofana to offer if needed. would you go for the deal?

If Upamecano is level 4 then you are giving way too much, Wirtz could reach 89/90 in 2/3 reviews

Don't give Fofana or Lamptey either

another possible deal My Strakosha for U Simon?

good deal?

thanks

Simon

1 hour ago, Moranes said:

If i give arthur or valverde for sule it's interesting?

Give Arthur

1 hour ago, swanseajack said:

Fair few on here reckon Matty Cash for 86, but I don't see why he shouldn't get 87. He's out performing the likes of Luke Ayling and Matt Targett who've been tipped for that rating. 

Perhaps it's because Villa have had less minutes, and Villa aren't as high up in the table because of the games in hand they do have, but he's one of their star players, they've performed really well and he will play every game for Villa he's fit for. 

Yeah the lack of minutes is a good point raised - not his fault obviously as Villa have missed games due to covid. I think he will get 87.

40 minutes ago, rogerthat said:

Chances of Braithwaite 88 tomorrow?

Thought he'd have already risen, but his age doesn't help, he's essentially an Ighalo that is playing much more because Barcelona are poorly run and have no money. No disrespect to Ighalo, who is a good player. 

Update for Premiership Review below:-

Previous tables on pages 777, 779, 780, 781, 782, 783, 784.785,786,787, 788, 789, 790, 791,792,793, 794,795,796,797,798,799,800,801,803,804,805.806,807,808,810,811,812,813,814.816,817,818,819,821,822,823,824,825,8826,827,828,829,830,831.832,833,834,835.836,837,839,841,842,844,845,855,856,857.860,864,866, 867.868,871,872,873,875,876,877,878,880,914,955,988. 1003,1008,1016, 1023.1026,1030, 1032,1042, 1045, 1047, 1055 , 1057, 1060, 1063, 1065, 1068, 1082, 1083, 1085, 1087, 1089, 1092, 1095, 1098, 1103,1106,1109,1118 ,1121, 1124 1126, 1132, 1138, 1141, 1147, 1152, 1153, 1155, 1157, 1158,1159 , 1160 , 1161,1163, 1165, 1169, 1174,1175,1176, 1180, 1187,  1189, 1197, 1210, 1211, 1212,1222, 1225, 1226,1227, 1236, 1239, 1240,NEW SEASON 1294 1303, 1307, 1309Prem , 1311P, 1316P  1318P, 1321P,  1323P, 1327Milan,  1355P 1361P 1365P 1368P 1370P 1371P 1376P  1378P 1380Germany  1384Ger(2)1389Ger 1394Italy 1396Prem 1398P  1405Pr 1406pr 1411pr 1414pr , 1419pr  1423Italy1425 Italy 1427 It, 1431 Italy, 1433Spain, 1435Spain, 1437Spain, 1439Spain,, 1441Spain, 1448 Prem, 1449 Prem 1452 Prem 1455 Prem1458 Prem       Be careful of the reddish boxes where the higher rated players are more inclined towards performances rather than stats.

Minutes will vary game by game and league position also helps a lot. Anything over 0% indicates likely riser, higher the better/safer. Negative percentages don't predict a drop just less chances of a rise. The more games played the more accurate the predictions will become.

I am concentrating mainly on Younger under 89 rated players as these are more consistent risers and more profitable, Goal keepers are dealt with by SM in a completely different way, which is why I mostly also ignore Gk's 

Sp-Sht-Predic-Prem-Sthmpn-Tott-WHam1.png

Did my best this afternoon to keep SM behind. Plenty of Risers again, take your pick, the higher in the table, the better.

Thanks for the Forum’s interest and support for the Spreadsheet, which is greatly appreciated, Cheers Socca 😀

Hello, hope you don’t mind 😛 but I have a really big question. If you’re willing to answer my question, take your time. No problem.

I have a big squad coming up.. Some are in my first squad, some in my youth squad and some on loan.

I like to give youngsters a chance throughout the season, but I can’t keep them all of course.

My question is now to you @Milanista1 (and others if you want to answer) what do you think ? I like your opinion very much.

Who should be on loan, who to sell, who stays in my youth squad and who is in my first squad ? Don't need money by the way. My budget is € 482 million euros.

My selection…

Goalkeepers

Jan Oblak, Matvey Safonov, Maarten Vandevoordt, Kostas Tzolakis, Anatoliy Trubin

Defenders

Benjamin Pavard, Jules Koundé, Edmond Tapsoba, Ibrahima Konaté, Marash Kumbulla, Dayot Upamecano, Mathijs De Ligt, David Alaba, Wesley Fofana, Lukas Klostermann, Alessandro Bastoni, Vitalii Mykolenko

Wingbacks

Trent Alexander-Arnold, Tariq Lamptey, Sergino Dest, Krépin Diatta, Reece James, Andrew Robertson, Alphonso Davies, Bukayo Saka

Midfielders

Joshua Kimmich, Ruben Neves, Eduardo Camavinga, Ismail Bennacer, Amadou Haidara, Weston McKennie, Bruno Guimaraes, Federico Valverde, Christopher Baumgartner, Sandro Tonali, Tyler Adams, Jude Bellingham

Wingers / Attacking midfielders

Kylian Mbappé, Sadio Mané, Jadon Sancho, Joao Felix, Dejan Kulusevski, Dominik Szoboszlai, Ferran Torres, Vinicius Junior, Goes Rodrygo, Jonathan David, Gio Reyna, Florian Wirtz, Phil Foden, Dani Olmo, Ansu Fati, Kai Havertz, Thiago Almada, Santos Antony, Jeremy Doku, Take Kubo, Ander Barrenetxea, Charles De Ketelaere

Centre attackers

Erling Haaland, Timo Werner, Mason Greenwood, Victor Osimhen, Darwin Nunez, Myron Boadu

I already made a little balance..

Bennacer and Klostermann are on the transfer list.

Others I’m willing to sell are Pavard, Konaté, Neves, Guimaraes, Baumgartner, Vinicius Junior, Goes Rodrygo, Boadu and Kai Havertz.

On loan on the moment I’m thinking of Reece James, Phil Foden, Victor Osimhen, Mason Greenwood, Jonathan David, Dejan Kulusevski, Sandro Tonali, Krépin Diatta, Vitalii Mykolenko and Bukayo Saka.

So what do you think ? I'm playing a 3-4-2-1 and 3-4-1-2 btw.

The people who think this is a GW with not a lot of managers they are wrong, because there are 31 managers in 5 divisions in total. I got them early.

Sorry for the people who doesn’t like long posts. 😛 

51 minutes ago, thorgan lesar said:

Not sure I can help, these are all players doing well

32 minutes ago, Lost soul said:

Isco+Ginter for Upamaceno, overpaying or take it?

I think Isco will drop tomorrow. Surely. And will head towards 90 in summer unless he leaves Madrid (unlikely) or gets gametime (unlikely under Zidane). Doesn't seem to be good enough anymore.

I'd go for Upamecano unless this is a short term deal.

24 minutes ago, Id rather be in SW19 said:

thanks for thie veiws on my deals, Sule eventually went for Aouiche and Laimer. He is still insisting that Sandro is 3rd best LB in world and 92 rated so is worth fofana and lampty and cash. I am politely declining

Nice

Currently who would the three best LBs in the world be? Robertson no 1 still, but then I'm not sure (counting Alaba as a CB).

Two of Davies, Hernandez, Cancelo?

20 minutes ago, The Finisher said:

Seeing some hype for Ruben Dias here. Still early to tell, but would you keep Upamecano or invest in Dias?

If Upamecano goes to Bayern, he will have the higher rating ceiling. Also seems to have injury issues. Dias is the safer option atm.

39 minutes ago, Lost soul said:

Isco+Ginter for Upamaceno, overpaying or take it?

Upamecano for me.

Isco a few years back was a brilliant player unfortunately he barely plays now and seems to be on the decline.

34 minutes ago, Id rather be in SW19 said:

thanks for thie veiws on my deals, Sule eventually went for Aouiche and Laimer. He is still insisting that Sandro is 3rd best LB in world and 92 rated so is worth fofana and lampty and cash. I am politely declining

He’s living in dreamland

31 minutes ago, The Finisher said:

Seeing some hype for Ruben Dias here. Still early to tell, but would you keep Upamecano or invest in Dias?

Not sure, I’d like to hear people’s opinions on this too.

One thing I will say is that depending on your game world you could sell Upamecano and bring in Dias plus another top play with the remaining 16+ million you have. I definitely don’t believe Upamecano is worth double the amount Dias is 😂

10 hours ago, DDF13 said:

Hi guys, I'm in a bit of a struggle. Hang on in there!😀

I got offered for Guerreiro and Fabio Silva for S.Dest

Guerreiro and Frimpong for S.Dest

Guerreiro and Gonçalo Ramos for S.Dest

Should I take any of the offers? 3rd. 

Thanks in advance.

10 hours ago, SM Geezer said:

Best young goalkeepers in the world to buy on the game?

Not sure how young you mean as GK's usually have long careers. 👴 Buffon at 80 years is still available for Juve.  

In no order: G. Donnarumma, Unia Simon, Dean Henderson, Luis Maximiano, Florian Muller, Alban Lafont. 

9 hours ago, Nameless said:

Ocampos should get RB/RWB added to his position?

It's too soon. 

He hasn't registered enough minutes as a RB/RWB to have this position added to his locker. 🙂

8 hours ago, Scrooll0706 said:

Which one between Fer Nino and Alexis Mac Allister you would pick,both looks promising but Brighton position in the league worries me.

Nino Nino Nino Nino. 👮🚨

8 hours ago, Mike0007 said:

What do you guys think of Trincao?

Will he be a starter any time in Barca? And what is his potential? See him getting any success in Barca?

PS:- I’ve offered Badiashila plus Diop for getting Trincao plus cash & I’m kinda doubting if I did the right thing. 

Appreciate the help.

Thanks

Waaaaaaait Agent 0007!....Quickly, cancel the deal (time is running out) or you would have failed the mission. 

This is the latest I read on the Barca forum. It all sounds very negative towards Trincao. 👇

"I would sell without a buyback clause. This guy is horrible and he won't miraculously turn into a world class winger. Konrad offers more and he is a way cheaper player than this guy".

"When you have a young player who had 10-15 chances and played bad, you can always ask the same question: should we give him more chances?

Unless if he is as bad as Gumbau, Todibo, Mina, Firpo, Alena. Even already it is clear that Trincao sucks:
1. if he won't improve, he'll end at 18th placed EPL team
2. if he'll slightly improve, he will end at a 14th placed EPL team
3. if he'll improve a lot, he'll be a meh squad player at Barca (Munir, Deulofeu level) or a level for Fiorentina". 

I would therefore launch a bid for Konrad asap, and keep your players. 

P.S. Just to remind you TM Costa is the Portuguese expert on here. 

7 hours ago, andy1305 said:

hi folks,

who would you buy between neuhaus , marcus thuram and bennacer and who was the highest potential ?

Right now, Neuhaus. Yet I still reckon with more time and experience Bennacer can be as good a player, or a even better player.

I don't say Marcus Thuram because I reckon he is a very good player because of the players around him, and not all his individual talent: In 20 apps he only has like 4 goals and 8 assists, which really isn't that impressive in my opinion, he should be scoring more goals for a forward player

I see that Mr Thuram has both attributes (long shots and finishing), unlike the others he is compared to on Soccawiki. 

5 hours ago, Id rather be in SW19 said:

Hi, my lamptey and Wirtz and shed loads of cash for Upacamo? He is level 4 concerns at his current team.

Keep your trio... These 3 for one Upamecano? Nope - In the long term it seems toooo much.

Consider that Wesley Fofana looks to be another very good/strong CB, and Florian Witz is looking like a very talented young player as well - ofcouse they just need more time/good performances to reach to a  stronger rating on SM.

5 hours ago, Id rather be in SW19 said:

another possible deal My Strakosha for U Simon?

good deal?

thanks

Simon says "Unia Simon". 😀

Edited by Milanista1
Addition and subtraction.
1 hour ago, Sir Rahul said:

Nice

Currently who would the three best LBs in the world be? Robertson no 1 still, but then I'm not sure (counting Alaba as a CB).

Sadly it wasnt me who struck that deal, I think they got a bargain for sule. cant believe he was asking so much from me then did that deal.

6 hours ago, Id rather be in SW19 said:

Personally I wouldn't even contemplate the deal, if he is on a level 4 then I would just sit tight & wait for him to go level 5 & request a transfer.

Firstly you will be keeping hold of your young highly rated talents & secondly you should get Upamecano at half of his current value 

1 hour ago, Milanista1 said:

Keep your trio... These 3 for one Upamecano? Nope - In the long term it seems toooo much.

Consider that Wesley Fofana looks to be another very good/strong CB, and Florian Witz is looking like a very talented young player as well - ofcouse they just need more time/good performances to reach to a  stronger rating on SM.

😀

Couldn't agree more, yes they will take a little longer to reach higher ratings but you will definitely benefit from this in the next 2 to 3 years 

4 hours ago, thorgan lesar said:

Hello, hope you don’t mind 😛 but I have a really big question. If you’re willing to answer my question, take your time. No problem.

I have a big squad coming up.. Some are in my first squad, some in my youth squad and some on loan.

I like to give youngsters a chance throughout the season, but I can’t keep them all of course.

My question is now to you @Milanista1 (and others if you want to answer) what do you think ? I like your opinion very much.

Who should be on loan, who to sell, who stays in my youth squad and who is in my first squad ? Don't need money by the way. My budget is € 482 million euros.

My selection…

Goalkeepers

Jan Oblak, Matvey Safonov, Maarten Vandevoordt, Kostas Tzolakis, Anatoliy Trubin

Defenders

Benjamin Pavard, Jules Koundé, Edmond Tapsoba, Ibrahima Konaté, Marash Kumbulla, Dayot Upamecano, Mathijs De Ligt, David Alaba, Wesley Fofana, Lukas Klostermann, Alessandro Bastoni, Vitalii Mykolenko

Wingbacks

Trent Alexander-Arnold, Tariq Lamptey, Sergino Dest, Krépin Diatta, Reece James, Andrew Robertson, Alphonso Davies, Bukayo Saka

Midfielders

Joshua Kimmich, Ruben Neves, Eduardo Camavinga, Ismail Bennacer, Amadou Haidara, Weston McKennie, Bruno Guimaraes, Federico Valverde, Christopher Baumgartner, Sandro Tonali, Tyler Adams, Jude Bellingham

Kylian Mbappé, Sadio Mané, Jadon Sancho, Joao Felix, Dejan Kulusevski, Dominik Szoboszlai, Ferran Torres, Vinicius Junior, Goes Rodrygo, Jonathan David, Gio Reyna, Florian Wirtz, Phil Foden, Dani Olmo, Ansu Fati, Kai Havertz, Thiago Almada, Santos Antony, Jeremy Doku, Take Kubo, Ander Barrenetxea, Charles De Ketelaere

Centre attackers

Erling Haaland, Timo Werner, Mason Greenwood, Victor Osimhen, Darwin Nunez, Myron Boadu

Bennacer and Klostermann are on the transfer list.

Others I’m willing to sell are Pavard, Konaté, Neves, Guimaraes, Baumgartner, Vinicius Junior, Goes Rodrygo, Boadu and Kai Havertz.

On loan on the moment I’m thinking of Reece James, Phil Foden, Victor Osimhen, Mason Greenwood, Jonathan David, Dejan Kulusevski, Sandro Tonali, Krépin Diatta, Vitalii Mykolenko and Bukayo Saka.

The people who think this is a GW with not a lot of managers they are wrong, because there are 31 managers in 5 divisions in total. I got them early.

Sell Mbappe, Kimmich, Felix, Haaland and Fati. To me, possibly.

5 hours ago, thorgan lesar said:

Who should be on loan, who to sell, who stays in my youth squad and who is in my first squad ? Don't need money by the way. My budget is €482 million euros. 🤑😀 

Ciao Mr Lesar, 

I've been singled out... ☺ Grazie for this opportunity to answer thistough (I expect difference of opinions), fascinating question. 

I guess you've been building 🏢 this great (long-term) team for a few seasons now.

I'm sure many of us on here with a big-ish squad like yours also rack our brains on who to keep and who to let go of.

Please follow the icons below 👇 - I have edited your question.

My selection…

Icons:

= Add to youth team

= Sell

= Loan out 

Goalkeepers

Jan Oblak, Matvey Safonov , Maarten Vandevoordt ,

Kostas Tzolakis , Anatoliy Trubin

Defenders

Benjamin Pavard, Jules Koundé , Edmond Tapsoba, Ibrahima Konaté, Marash Kumbulla,

Dayot Upamecano, Mathijs De Ligt, David Alaba, Wesley Fofana,

Lukas Klostermann, Alessandro Bastoni, Vitalii Mykolenko

Wingbacks

Trent Alexander-Arnold, Tariq Lamptey, Sergino Dest, Krépin Diatta,

Reece James, Andrew Robertson, Alphonso Davies, Bukayo Saka

Midfielders

Joshua Kimmich, Ruben Neves, Eduardo Camavinga , Ismail Bennacer , Amadou Haidara, Weston McKennie,

Bruno Guimaraes, Federico Valverde, Christopher Baumgartner, Sandro Tonali  Tyler Adams (sell after summer review), Jude Bellingham

Kylian Mbappé, Sadio Mané, Jadon Sancho, Joao Felix, Dejan Kulusevski, Dominik Szoboszlai, Ferran Torres, Vinicius Junior,

Goes Rodrygo , Jonathan David, Gio Reyna, Florian Wirtz, Phil Foden, Dani Olmo, Ansu Fati,

Kai Havertz, Thiago Almada, Santos Antony, Jeremy Doku, Take Kubo,

Ander Barrenetxea, Charles De Ketelaere

Centre attackers

Bennacer and Klostermann are on the transfer list. Noooo! Keep Benni. 

Give Kai another season, maybe it's Frank's 4-3-3 system that is the problem for him: he's playing deeper than he did back at Leverkusen.

After spending soooo much on him - Frank should have opted to use the 4-2-3-1  with Kai/Mason as playmakers playing behind the striker. 

I must admit I don't know who one/two of these (GK) players are. ☺

I would have answered this question sooner, but my niece was irritating me - wanted to watch CocoMelon 👶 🍉 on my 📱phone (don't ask). 

41 minutes ago, gyanthecat said:

How do you guys rate Otávio (Porto)? Does he have the potential to rise further and/or move to a stronger team? (With all due respect to Porto, which is the team I root for in Portugal)

I mainly ask @TMCosta, but any opinion is welcome. :)

Otávio is being one of the best players of FC Porto this season. Unfortunately to FC Porto he is in the last year of contract and he will most likely leave at the end of the season. Reports that Milan, Inter and Sevilla are interested on his services. In my opinion he is a good investment on SM and a very interesting sign to a big club on free transfer.

12 hours ago, Kieran_S91 said:

Matt Ryan joins Arsenal on season long loan. This should cement Robert Sanchez as number 1 for the remainder on the season. Could be mid 80’s by the end of the season.

A strange move, to go and sit on the bench. Although maybe he has been told he'll get matches in the FA Cup or Europa League.

First of all thanks for your answer. Never thought I was getting an answer on the same day, so still thanks for a fast answer. And CocoMelon? 😛 I know every thing about it with 2 nieces and 2 nephews ;)

1 hour ago, Milanista1 said:

Ciao Mr Lesar, 

I've been singled out... ☺ Grazie for this opportunity to answer thistough (I expect difference of opinions), fascinating question. 

I guess you've been building 🏢 this great (long-term) team for a few seasons now.

I'm sure many of us on here with a big-ish squad like yours also rack our brains on who to keep and who to let go of.

Please follow the icons below 👇 - I have edited your question.

I must admit I don't know who one/two of these (GK) players are. ☺

I would have answered this question sooner, but my niece was irritating me - wanted to watch CocoMelon 👶 🍉 on my 📱phone (don't ask). 

I'm going to keep Tzolakis and Safonov to be honest. I have always 2 goalkeepers in my first squad. It's something I have as a "tradition"..

Safonov plays around 10 - 15 games per season (including the 2 Cup-tournaments). Ideal 2nd goalkeeper.

I still have a lot of youngsters. I need to sell some players to get new youngsters too.. I'll post about them when I have them. ;) Others but already decided to keep them (probably on loan) like Jhon Lucumi, Takehiro Tomiyasu, Daichi Kamada, Sander Berge and Joakim Mæhle. Get the link ? :) 5 players that played in Belgium (Lucumi still is).. Matheus Henrique, Owen Wijndal, Jens Petter Hauge, Mohammed Ihattaren, Patson Daka, Adam Hložek, Yunus Musah, Ryan Gravenberch, ...
Too many and won't play all probably for my first squad. All depends on how they do IRL.

Pavard, Konaté, Baumgartner and Vinicius Jr I'm agreeing 100 %. I'm going to € 549 million 🤑. Plus I'm selling some youngsters I don't believe in any more or doesn't fit in my system like Nehuen Perez (3M), Fausto Vera (1.4M), Eduardo Atuesta (1.6M), Marcel Ruiz (2M), Hee-Chan Hwang (8M) and Bruno Amione (400K)...
So minimum 565.4 million 🤑😉.

An example of building this squad and buying early is Erling Haaland. Bought him for € 340K from Mølde. On the same day he rose to 76. I started in 3th division with this team. I'm going in my 4th year with this team. So if I was selling him (ofc not) I have 78 million profit if I ask the maximum.. ;)

Can I ask why you're selling Haidara, Almada, Kubo and Mykolenko ?

Oh I forgot Pedri Gonzalez. What do you think to do with him ? :)

So the midfield would be:
Kimmich - Neves - Valverde - McKennie ?

With Safonov I have just a selection of 21 players in the first squad. Ideal. Another thing I often do is "give youngsters the chance to train with these guys"..

Now I have Luca Oyen, Youssoufa Moukoko, Kenneth Taylor, Kamaldeen Sulemana, Devyne Rensch and Wesley Fofana in my first squad. Often they're in for maximum 2 weeks.

Quote:
"Give youngsters the chance to train with these guys"..

This quote helps to avoid young players go to level 1 for 'lacking for opportunities with first team' :)

1 hour ago, Wave_Dweller said:

Which of these can you see as a future 92+?
Bastoni, Upamecano, Tapsoba, Kounde, Diego Carlos.

It all depends on which club they are playing for.  Based on their current teams, Bastoni might actually have the quickest path to 92, even though not the best of the lot.  I imagine Upamecano and Kounde are bound for bigger clubs soon.  Tapsoba is the least developed player of the bunch, but he has lots of potential.  Carlos will be 28 in two months - not old for the position he plays, but probably less likely to move - also doesn't show much finesse at center back, as I've heard said here: "he can be a bit rash."