Rahul W's rating predictions

Rahul W

10 hours ago, Sir Rahul said:

Positions are fluid IRL but that can't be really replicated on SM, so they have to be rigid here. That's my personal thinking at least.

Not sure what you mean by players changing position? Heat-maps? If you do, I think that's flawed because every player will have a whole host of positions.

It's not goodbye versatile players, more so goodbye players whose versatility is not justified. Players get new positions added for minimal gametime, so it swings both ways. See Cedric earlier this week.

As I said in that post, Ramos has not played RB for seven years now, and is not suited to play RB nowadays anyways. Otherwise you'd think he'd play at RB over Lucas Vazquez sometimes.

It's not black and white, Davies is only 20, it's a smaller sample size. He also plays AM(RL) for Canada, so...

Kimmich played RB last season, he also has almost as many career starts at RB as DM.

IMO, there is no clearcut rule as to how many games it takes to add/remove, but career stats are revealing of a player's actual position.

Your points are valid but let me ask you this question. If Carvajal, Vasquez, basically all RBs of RM are injured who do you think Zidane will deploy as RB?

And as for the comparison Ramos would have started as RB over Vasquez sometimes I wholeheartedly disagree. This only means Ramos is more useful/helpful as CB. It doesn't mean he cannot play RB. 

Taking away RB and LB from Ramos and Romagnoli is unjustifiable. 

Not started a match in a certain position for x amount of time doesn't equate to a player cannot play in that position. 

Also taking away Kane's AM is another mind boggling decision. 

Tottenham plays 4231 with Kane acting as number 10. 

Edited by Nameless
Removed last two paragraphs because I am sure some people would get offended and twist the actual meaning of the message.

1 hour ago, Nameless said:

Your points are valid but let me ask you this question. If Carvajal, Vasquez, basically all RBs of RM are injured who do you think Zidane will deploy as RB?

And as for the comparison Ramos would have started as RB over Vasquez sometimes I wholeheartedly disagree. This only means Ramos is more useful/helpful as CB. It doesn't mean he cannot play RB. 

Not started a match in a certain position for x amount of time doesn't equate to a player cannot play in that position. 

Completely agree.  Kane is top of the assist charts for that very reason.

6 hours ago, Franco Armani said:

Lautaro Martinez, Sancho, G.Jesus, Richarlison and Joao Felix +1?

Maybe Martinez

(i) Sell Hateboer or Celik?

(ii) Christensen+Fofana (Leicester) or Pau Torresm

Not sure tbh

Duo

Feel like Madrid have had major problems with injuries in recent times with their RBs, but they've not turned to Ramos. Carvajal, Vazquez, Nacho, Odriozola all being injured is a big if too.

I understand where you come from though.

Hi All,

I'm back on SM after a 5year break really struggling to get to grips with wage deficits and <70 rated players not being 10k!

I've been following this thread a couple of weeks now and seems to be the place to go. 

My question is: whos the better signing? Wesley FOFANA or Benoît BADIASHILE

Thank you

43 minutes ago, oOAnDrEwOo said:

Hi All,

I'm back on SM after a 5year break really struggling to get to grips with wage deficits and <70 rated players not being 10k!

I've been following this thread a couple of weeks now and seems to be the place to go. 

Thank you

FOFANA

31 minutes ago, alexavierdenelle said:

muller trade with oyarzabal is a good deal? any chance oyarzabal up 93? thanks

Personally I'd keep Muller for now as there's no chance he's decreasing in rating because he's smashing it with Bayern and I don't think theres any chance for Oyarzabal to go up +1 again as he went up in January.

1 hour ago, oOAnDrEwOo said:

Hi All,

Thank you

Fofana for me 

1 hour ago, oOAnDrEwOo said:

Hi All,

Thank you

Fofana

1 hour ago, alexavierdenelle said:

I prefer Muller atm

Nope

57 minutes ago, Mele10 said:

Have to agree with Nameless about the position discussion. Just because a player hasn't been playing in a position for a while(quite often due to tactical choices of the manager), it doesn't mean that said player lost the ability to play in that position.

I'll counter by saying the players who've lost position have not played there for a long time. It's not really about managers, There are players who've kept positions too. 

48 minutes ago, lemontrees said:

Nothing from USA today in reviewed players. Is this a break or are they finished?

Break

23 minutes ago, hoochy koochy said:

What’s everyone’s view on Jonathan David in upcoming review ? Thanks 

Undecided yet

22 minutes ago, Fotis1992 said:

Hi guys?? Any rise for them? And how much?

Dest

Soucek

D. Rice

Tielemans

Sabitzer

Davies

Justin

Thanks a lot

Dest 88

Soucek could get 90 tbh

Rest stay

16 minutes ago, thorgan lesar said:

If I have Phil Foden, Ferran Torres, Kylian Mbappé, Sadio Mané, Jadon Sancho and Ansu Fati. Is it necessary to keep Joâo Félix ? Do you guys think Félix will explode one day and be 92 + ?

IF wages aren't an issue I'd keep Felix no question. Defo a 92+ rated player in the future with his ability, 94+ if he can keep up good form at atleti

Currently have 190 players in my squad and managers are moaning that I'm taking up too many loan spots 😆 so I'm looking to sell a few. I've found some I think I should sell,  just want to see if you guys would keep any of these:

Cunha, Panzo, Diakite, A.Pelmard, Thierry Correia, Bakker (once end of season upgrade), J.Chotard ,R.Camacho, Rhys Williams, Paolo Fernandes, Abel Ruiz, G.Biancone, S.Diomande, O.Boussaid, L.Sibley, Jandro Orellana, Nicolas Kuhn, Pablo Moreno

Cheers

Edit: Money isn't much of an issue its more of me trying to be fair with the other players in the league

1 hour ago, Sir Rahul said:

I'll counter by saying the players who've lost position have not played there for a long time. It's not really about managers, There are players who've kept positions too.

Another aspect of this I disagree with. 

It's all about 'he hasn't played since' so the player shouldn't have it. 

So what entails a player to keep their multiple positions? Is there a number of games? Is there a time period as in if he hasn't played there for 3,5,7 years? 

This needless changes are having huge impact on teams. 

Also there should be set time(s) in a year when position changes happen. 

There may have been a manager who set their tactics knowing they can't be online. And the manager put Kane in AM position. This is just an example. 

Like I said, many positional changes are needless and the whole basis is SHOULDN'T HAVE IT and not who should have it. 

I have not ridden a bicycle since 2005. Do I not know how to ride a bicycle now?

Another aspect is, I will put Chiellini as RB and he will show yellow/orange same as Ramos. So is Chiellini, who has never played as RB, equally as good as Ramos in RB position?

1 hour ago, thorgan lesar said:

If I have Phil Foden, Ferran Torres, Kylian Mbappé, Sadio Mané, Jadon Sancho and Ansu Fati. Is it necessary to keep Joâo Félix ? Do you guys think Félix will explode one day and be 92 + ?

I'd sell Ferran instead 

51 minutes ago, Toby S said:

Currently have 190 players in my squad and managers are moaning that I'm taking up too many loan spots 😆 so I'm looking to sell a few. I've found some I think I should sell,  just want to see if you guys would keep any of these:

Cunha, Panzo, Diakite, A.Pelmard, Thierry Correia, Bakker (once end of season upgrade), J.Chotard ,R.Camacho, Rhys Williams, Paolo Fernandes, Abel Ruiz, G.Biancone, S.Diomande, O.Boussaid, L.Sibley, Jandro Orellana, Nicolas Kuhn, Pablo Moreno

Cheers

Edit: Money isn't much of an issue its more of me trying to be fair with the other players in the league

If I have time later I will try and check

42 minutes ago, gyanthecat said:

Today is a very sad day. Gyan got a -2. Why, SM, why??? 😭😭

Haha

11 minutes ago, Nameless said:

Another aspect of this I disagree with. 

It's all about 'he hasn't played since' so the player shouldn't have it. 

So what entails a player to keep their multiple positions? Is there a number of games? Is there a time period as in if he hasn't played there for 3,5,7 years? 

This needless changes are having huge impact of teams. 

Also there should be set time(s) in a year when position changes happen. 

There may have been a manager who set their tactics knowing they can't be online. And the manager put Kane in AM position. This is just an example. 

Like I said, many positional changes are needless and the whole basis is SHOULDN'T HAVE IT and not who should have it. 

I have not ridden a bicycle since 2005. Do I not know how to ride a bicycle now?

Another aspect is, I will put Chiellini as RB and he will show yellow/orange same as Ramos. So is Chiellini, who has never played as RB, equally as good as Ramos in RB position?

If ratings can get updated randomly, then I don't see the issue with positions. That said, I understand it may have caused some chaos to managers. That's beyond me really, changes get approved on random days, think that's just how Soccerwiki works.

Toby Alderweireld had RB and DM when he doesn't play there, do you think that's fair? 

Ramos having RB is a hack. It makes him the highest-rated RB at 95 (with Kimmich but he is a more recent addition). But he isn't a RB anymore.

If Kane has AM, you can play him behind Lewandowski. In what world is that realistic? Does Kane play AM behind a striker for any team in the world? No, he plays ST. 

The bicycle analogy is nice but doesn't make sense to equate that here. It's not about not knowing. You can argue most professional footballers can play a whole load of positions competently. Does that mean they should all have M,AM,F(RLC)?

Messi can probably play as a CM, should he have that? Versatile players will be versatile on game. Not everyone is as versatile. Making things accurate will make versatile guys like Alaba and Kimmich more valuable than a Robertson or Varane, which is how it should be IMO.

3 hours ago, oOAnDrEwOo said:

Hi All,

Thank you

Wesley Fofana

2 hours ago, alexavierdenelle said:

Keep Muller, don’t see Oyarzabal getting 93 anytime soon.

2 hours ago, lemontrees said:

Nothing from USA today in reviewed players. Is this a break or are they finished?

Break, it annoys me at the minute why they don’t just review a full league rather than keep switching it up.

2 hours ago, hoochy koochy said:

What’s everyone’s view on Jonathan David in upcoming review ? Thanks 

Stay, could potentially rise if Lille win the league but I can’t see past PSG now which is a shame.

2 hours ago, Fotis1992 said:

Hi guys?? Any rise for them? And how much?

Dest

Soucek

D. Rice

Tielemans

Sabitzer

Davies

Justin

Thanks a lot

Sergino Dest - 87 -> 89

Soucek - 89 -> 89/90

Rice - 90 -> 90

Tielemens - 91 -> 91

Sabitzer - 92 -> 92

Davies - 91 -> 92

Justin - 87 -> 87

1 hour ago, Toby S said:

Cheers

Tell them to 0 double 2 one do one.

Players I would sell: Pelmard, Camacho, Bakker, Rhys Williams, Sibley.

43 minutes ago, Sir Rahul said:

If ratings can get updated randomly, then I don't see the issue with positions. That said, I understand it may have caused some chaos to managers. That's beyond me really, changes get approved on random days, think that's just how Soccerwiki works.

Toby Alderweireld had RB and DM when he doesn't play there, do you think that's fair? 

Ramos having RB is a hack. It makes him the highest-rated RB at 95 (with Kimmich but he is a more recent addition). But he isn't a RB anymore.

If Kane has AM, you can play him behind Lewandowski. In what world is that realistic? Does Kane play AM behind a striker for any team in the world? No, he plays ST. 

The bicycle analogy is nice but doesn't make sense to equate that here. It's not about not knowing. You can argue most professional footballers can play a whole load of positions competently. Does that mean they should all have M,AM,F(RLC)?

Messi can probably play as a CM, should he have that? Versatile players will be versatile on game. Not everyone is as versatile. Making things accurate will make versatile guys like Alaba and Kimmich more valuable than a Robertson or Varane, which is how it should be IMO.

I believe this will be an endless to and fro since I don't agree at all the reasons/explanation you gave in last two comments on this matter. 

So for the final time, firstly on the Ramos one, it doesn't make him the highest rated RB at 95. He is a 95 rated CB who can also play RB when needed. I am pretty sure (assuming) that he reach 85-87 playing RB. So it's on merit.

Kane literally played behind Son so I don't get this at all. So Kane will not play behind a central striker is an assumption. Kane's AM was removed on assumption? 

And I am not even getting on the last two point which is based on probably. Ramos and Romagnoli literally played and if needed can play at RB and LB. There's no probably here and shouldn't be. 

I still don't read what entails a player to keep his multiple positions. Need to play 20 matches in two seasons in a particular position?

Like I said it's all about SHOULDN'T HAVE and nothing about criterias for a player to keep their second/third positions.

I am fine with randomness. That's not what I meant. In rating changes one can pretty much predict the increases and decreases any given time. But with recent positional changes no one can. It all started coming out of the blue.

24 minutes ago, Nameless said:

Thoughts on Acerbi and Dumfries please? I would like to ask +/- question about them but need bit more to make a concrete decision. 

It's like if I lose them I will lose them for ever.

Dumfries is PSV’s captain and covers a lot of ground up and down the right flank.  He gets involved offensively even venturing into the box from time to time.  He does a good job defensively.  He is big and strong.  Rarely seems to find his club form while with the national team.